Announcement and Events

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

10 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

Double Skill Point Event for August!

Jump to first DEV post
Author
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 Posted: 2013.08.06 03:42  |  Edited by: CCP Logibro
Dear mercenaries,

The time has come to let loose the dogs of war again in New Eden during August and to make the lives of mercenaries more interesting, we are holding another 2x skill point event!

See below for details:
  • Time – August 7-14 from downtime to downtime.
  • The double skill point gain applies to all matches played in DUST 514 for the duration of the event.
  • Weekly skill point cap is set to 380,800 (that is double the normal 190,400!).
  • Passive skill point gain from matches are NOT doubled, this is to discourage AFK farming.
  • Active skill point gain is doubled! Your warpoints earned during the match will be doubled when it is converted into skill points.

  • Don’t forget to take advantage of this event and maximize your skill point gains with active skill boosters, so stock up on those before the event starts!

    We are also working on bringing you more variations of the skill point events in the coming months, so be sure to check our announcements regularly for more updates.
    Pradox XVI
    Proficiency V.
    #2 Posted: 2013.08.06 03:44
    i love you
    Huogikku Corporation
    #3 Posted: 2013.08.06 03:47
    oh boy! and i just finished level 5 shield extenders >:3

    MY SP BRINGS ALL THE MERCS TO THE CHANNEL AND THEY ARE LIKE "Do you wanna squad up?" DAMN RIGHT I WANNA SQUAD UP

    Dust2Dust.
    Top Men.
    #4 Posted: 2013.08.06 03:47
    Have some bacon guys; you've made me a happy merc.

    Preeminent Scrambler Slayer And Python Pilot

    Huogikku Corporation
    #5 Posted: 2013.08.06 03:48  |  Edited by: Foley Jones
    ah pooey i double posted

    MY SP BRINGS ALL THE MERCS TO THE CHANNEL AND THEY ARE LIKE "Do you wanna squad up?" DAMN RIGHT I WANNA SQUAD UP

    #6 Posted: 2013.08.06 03:48
    Passive skill point game from matches are NOT doubled, this is to discourage AFK farming.

    LOL FTW

    ╔╧╧╧╧╧╧╗┐╓BPO / BPC Collector ╖

    S00N™╞╬╧╩╤╤╪╤╧╧╤╪╤╤╪╤╧╧╡HELLO╞■

    ╚╤╤╤╤╤╤╝Dust 514 ╞╛§╒╣Amarr╠╕╒╣RND╠╕

    Mango and Friends
    #7 Posted: 2013.08.06 03:52
    You guys make me feel excited when I read stuff you say. (<3 CCP)

    - Fear the Mango - Fear its friends -

    Closed beta vet, Forum warrior prof. III

    Three-body Solution
    #8 Posted: 2013.08.06 03:53
    CCP Frame wrote:
    Dear mercenaries,
  • The double skill point gain applies to all matches played in DUST 514 for the duration of the event.
  • Weekly skill point cap is set to 380,800 (that is double the normal 190,400!).
  • Passive skill point gain from matches are NOT doubled, this is to discourage AFK farming.

  • '
    I've always been curious as to what grants you passive skill point gain...standing around? time spent in match? time spent in a Dropship MAYBE?


    thnx altho you should fix Battle Academy first

    Here this is for you
    The Southern Legion
    League of Infamy
    #9 Posted: 2013.08.06 04:03  |  Edited by: Winsaucerer
    CCP Frame wrote:

    See below for details:
  • Time – August 7-14 from downtime to downtime.
  • The double skill point gain applies to all matches played in DUST 514 for the duration of the event.
  • Weekly skill point cap is set to 380,800 (that is double the normal 190,400!).
  • Passive skill point gain from matches are NOT doubled, this is to discourage AFK farming.
  • Active skill point gain is doubled! Your warpoints earned during the match will be doubled when it is converted into skill points.

  • Just to make sure I understand: normally you gain sp's for just being in a match. You will still get that SP, but it won't be doubled. So then the only doubled SP's will be those from war points?

    And since the cap is doubled, AFK'ers will still be able to reach the cap, but just will take them twice as long since that passive SP is not doubled? In other words, there will probably be more AFK'ing than normal, since it will take them longer...

    But perhaps I misunderstand?

    Quote:
    Don’t forget to take advantage of this event and maximize your skill point gains with active skill boosters, so stock up on those before the event starts!


    I will, once you do something about your pricing.
    I-----I
    #10 Posted: 2013.08.06 04:12
    Where are the Passive 60 and 90 day Omega Boosters to go along with this event?

    I only bought 3 30 day ones because I figured within 3 months you guys would release the other two...
    Subdreddit
    Test Alliance Please Ignore
    #11 Posted: 2013.08.06 04:18
    Winsaucerer wrote:
    Just to make sure I understand: normally you gain sp's for just being in a match. You will still get that SP, but it won't be doubled. So then the only doubled SP's will be those from war points?

    And since the cap is doubled, AFK'ers will still be able to reach the cap, but just will take them twice as long since that passive SP is not doubled? In other words, there will probably be more AFK'ing than normal, since it will take them longer...


    From the sound of it, your interpretation of what gets doubles is accurate.

    That said, such a low percentage of most people SP from any given match comes from WP that more people will be playing 60-75% + more games anyway. So where AFKers will have to spend more games AFK, everyone else also will be spending more time not AFK.

    ..

    Yes there will be more afking than normal.

    "A weapon is a means of transferring the energy from the source to the target until the latter breaks."

    Mikramurka Shock Troop
    Minmatar Republic
    #12 Posted: 2013.08.06 04:18  |  Edited by: Vrain Matari
    CCP Frame wrote:
    Dear mercenaries,

    The time has come to let loose the dogs of war again in New Eden during August and to make the lives of mercenaries more interesting, we are holding another 2x skill point event!

    See below for details:
  • Time – August 7-14 from downtime to downtime.
  • The double skill point gain applies to all matches played in DUST 514 for the duration of the event.
  • Weekly skill point cap is set to 380,800 (that is double the normal 190,400!).
  • Passive skill point gain from matches are NOT doubled, this is to discourage AFK farming.
  • Active skill point gain is doubled! Your warpoints earned during the match will be doubled when it is converted into skill points.

  • Don’t forget to take advantage of this event and maximize your skill point gains with active skill boosters, so stock up on those before the event starts!

    We are also working on bringing you more variations of the skill point events in the coming months, so be sure to check our announcements regularly for more updates.

    Nice to see you hitting the brakes, now turn this jalopy around before we get an excellent view of the canyon!

    Seriously though, very encouraging. Why not cut passive skillpoints in half for the event? I suspect that would give us all some great pub matches.

    I support SP rollover.

    Sinq Laison Gendarmes
    Gallente Federation
    #13 Posted: 2013.08.06 04:43
    CCP Frame wrote:
    Dear mercenaries,

    The time has come to let loose the dogs of war again in New Eden during August and to make the lives of mercenaries more interesting, we are holding another 2x skill point event!

    See below for details:
  • Time – August 7-14 from downtime to downtime.
  • The double skill point gain applies to all matches played in DUST 514 for the duration of the event.
  • Weekly skill point cap is set to 380,800 (that is double the normal 190,400!).
  • Passive skill point gain from matches are NOT doubled, this is to discourage AFK farming.
  • Active skill point gain is doubled! Your warpoints earned during the match will be doubled when it is converted into skill points.

  • Don’t forget to take advantage of this event and maximize your skill point gains with active skill boosters, so stock up on those before the event starts!

    We are also working on bringing you more variations of the skill point events in the coming months, so be sure to check our announcements regularly for more updates.


    What was that? two weeks to get my Amarr Logi? NOPE Lol


    Sorry CCP Earworm, but CCP Frame is my new favorite.

    "You are an inspiration for condoms and birth control"

    Aloren Foundations
    #14 Posted: 2013.08.06 04:49
    CCP Frame wrote:
    Dear mercenaries,

  • Passive skill point gain from matches are NOT doubled, this is to discourage AFK farming.



  • Let's see... So, this isn't a double SP event, or even close. It's more like an extra 5% SP per battle.

    Unless you are averaging one kill every 10 seconds, this won't even be an extra 50% SP per battle.

    The only thing with a significant effect this event, is the SP cap is doubled.

    #15 Posted: 2013.08.06 04:54
    I'm confused... I thought the majority of Bonus SP was Passive anyway. This means I just have a larger cap to hit........

    Supporter of tiericide, EVE interaction, and a proper NPE Soon™514 "No blue tags make Tallen go crazy.

    ck.0
    #16 Posted: 2013.08.06 04:58  |  Edited by: Sylvana Nightwind
    Tallen Ellecon wrote:
    I'm confused... I thought the majority of Bonus SP was Passive anyway. This means I just have a larger cap to hit........

    PASSIVE IN BATTLE is not doubled. Regular passive is doubled. Learn to read <3

    Quote:
    Passive skill point gain from matches are NOT doubled, this is to discourage AFK farming.

    ck.0

    Aloren Foundations
    #17 Posted: 2013.08.06 04:59
    Vrain Matari wrote:
    Seriously though, very encouraging. Why not cut passive skillpoints in half for the event? I suspect that would give us all some great pub matches.


    Because even if someone is working as hard as they can, roughly 95% of their SP in battle will be from the time spent in battle, as opposed to the warpoints.

    So, reducing that by half, and doubling the WP SP, would be basically cutting off ALMOST 50% of the SP earned per battle.
    Aloren Foundations
    #18 Posted: 2013.08.06 05:04
    Sylvana Nightwind wrote:
    Tallen Ellecon wrote:
    I'm confused... I thought the majority of Bonus SP was Passive anyway. This means I just have a larger cap to hit........

    PASSIVE IN BATTLE is not doubled. Regular passive is doubled. Learn to read <3

    Quote:
    Passive skill point gain from matches are NOT doubled, this is to discourage AFK farming.



    Okay, I think I understand your confusion.

    There are two sources of SP

    Passive, which you accrue over time, at 1000 per hour, in combat, out of combat, logged in, logged out, whatever.

    And active, which you recieve at the end of a battle.

    For the ACTIVE portion, it is further divided into two parts.

    Battle time, and Warpoints.

    The battle time portion is what the OP is referring to by "passive" You simply earn 5 WP per second in battle (until you hit cap)

    The warpoint portion is you get 1 SP per WP in battle. Even if you have reached weekly cap, you still recieve this, (up to 1000 per battle)



    What the OP is saying, is the WP portion is doubled. Now, the WP portion is almost negligable compared to the battle time portion, so doubling it won't do much.

    the TRUE passive SP is untouched.
    Nyain Chan
    #19 Posted: 2013.08.06 05:17
    Awesome, thnx guys, =p

    So you think cloak/sg scouts are op huh, tbh idk if it's op or not, but i'll tell ya one thing I sure do like it lol.

    Very Hard Hitters
    #20 Posted: 2013.08.06 05:24
    Very nice thanks.
    This will go a little way too helping me get level 5 electronics.
    10 Pages123Next pageLast page
    Forum Jump