^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Laser Rifle Scope, coming soon

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Undefined Risk
DARKSTAR ARMY
#41 Posted: 2013.07.30 01:53
The sights look like an improvement at those ranges. Unfortunately the gun does no damage in them. Can we see a screen shot while aiming at a target inside it's optimum.

I personally adjusted to the iron sights and had no problems putting the beam on targets, I'm afraid this will not be enough to make the gun any more fun. The issue is once you get knocked off your laser perch you become pretty worthless. If you can keep the enemy's within your prime spot the damage is ok. Probably not as good as a tac AR, but enough for people go run for cover. Out side of the 60-80m range, the laser is only good for tagging those +25's

It has so many draw backs, and not enough oomph every other weapon is a better choice. Do you know that you can not even use it on a light frame? The light frame was a great choice because of your ability to keep people inside of your kill zone.

I dont see this changing anything, But I do appreciate CCP taking it one step at a time with the LR because, It's a cool weapon by design, and getting it right is important.

The Southern Legion
#42 Posted: 2013.07.30 02:03
Looks good. Thanks LogiBro and LogicLoop.

Obviously we won't know for sure until we use it but I can't see how that can be worse than the current iron sights.

My only concerns left with the laser's aiming (my favourite weapon incidentally) is the zoom level which is probably (hard to tell with the iron sight in the way...) a bit too low with the iron sights. Difficult to tell in those screen shots and almost impossible to make accurate predictions without trying it out but something to keep in mind.

From my experience so far with the laser in this build so far I think that the numbers are about right. Being able to aim with the damn thing will make a huge difference (especially with the supposed fixes to mouse aiming in the pipe).

As a couple of people said a better progression from standard to advanced to proto would be nice.
Random Gunz
#43 Posted: 2013.07.30 02:40
Aw man. I love the iron sites.

To Live Is To Die

Knights Of The 0ld Republic
#44 Posted: 2013.07.30 02:48
honestly? I would have the ADS view be a larger screen with a camera view from closer to the laser. So we can shoot through the big laser walls. No one was complaining about the old sights other thna polish.

So mini camera sight imo would be best option. give better angle on shot.

OLDSPICE.
#45 Posted: 2013.07.30 02:55
Laser rifle here I come!

Love it since I use the SR

"You are an inspiration for condoms and birth control"

OLDSPICE.
#46 Posted: 2013.07.30 02:56
Is anybody noticing the new map in the background.

CCP you sly dog!

New Laser Rifle scope
New map

Is that a yes CCP?

"You are an inspiration for condoms and birth control"

The Exemplars
#47 Posted: 2013.07.30 04:00
Skipper Jones wrote:
Is anybody noticing the new map in the background.

CCP you sly dog!

New Laser Rifle scope
New map

Is that a yes CCP?

Its good that the laser rifle is getting a new scope.. didnt like the other one all that much and that is not a new map its one of the new sockets

"This is war. You never want to fight fair. You want to sneak up behind your enemy and club him over the head."

BIG BAD W0LVES
#48 Posted: 2013.07.30 05:10
nice, love it. anything about the massive drop off at 85m-90m for damage?

Level 2 Forum Warrior, bitter vet.

I shall smite Thy Trolls with numbers and truth

doing reviews in free time, want 1?

BIG BAD W0LVES
#49 Posted: 2013.07.30 05:17
HEAD- HUNTER-GEO wrote:
And once More CCP ignores us assault riffle guys were is are AR scopes i ask once more??

TAR and burst AR have scopes, theres no reason for a scope on a full auto short range weapon, why do you want one? lasers optimal range is past AR effective range so they should get a scope.

Level 2 Forum Warrior, bitter vet.

I shall smite Thy Trolls with numbers and truth

doing reviews in free time, want 1?

Nos Nothi
#50 Posted: 2013.07.30 05:48
I love you ^-^ This is exactly the kind of communication with the community we've been pining for. Well done! I like the sight by the way.

Stabby-stabber extraordinaire ▬ι══ﺤ

I stabbed Rattati once, you know.

Night Theifs
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#51 Posted: 2013.07.30 06:54
CCP Logibro wrote:
Hey guys

I've got some new screenshots of the Laser Rifle scope coming in Uprising 1.4 from Team Kong. One of the things we felt was holding the Laser Rifle back was it's scope, which was hard to use and obscured your view when aiming down the sights. So we decided to switch out the old iron sights with a red dot.

[img]http://web.ccpgamescdn.com/dust/news.control/64954/1/12.jpg[/img]

[img]http://web.ccpgamescdn.com/dust/news.control/64954/1/13.jpg[/img]

[img]http://web.ccpgamescdn.com/dust/news.control/64954/1/lr116.JPG[/img]

What do you think?

This is neat and all, but if it's supposed to be a medium range weapon, shouldn't it have an actual scope rather than a reflex sight?

Again, don't get me wrong, I'm psyched to try the weapon out again, because I loved it before, but I still think it needs another upgrade to an actual scope. Maybe even that camera scope it had before.

Amidst the blue skies

A link from past to future

The sheltering wings of the protector

Imperfects
Negative-Feedback
#52 Posted: 2013.07.30 06:54
Like someone else said we should really see a screenshot of the Laser Rifle firing at someone within it's optimal range to see if that sight is really worth it, or if this is yet another failure.

Winner of the EU Squad Cup & the closed beta Tester's Tournament.

Go Go Power Rangers!

R.I.P MAG.

Onslaught Inc
#53 Posted: 2013.07.30 07:04  |  Edited by: lowratehitman
This will be fun!!!!

But in all fairness, all we needed done was the iron sights removed, and having the old aiming back.
C C P
C C P Alliance
#54 Posted: 2013.07.30 07:38
Doyle Reese wrote:
is this on the new map or is it just the new outpost? or both? :D

I can't tell if that is on the new terrain or not, but he is in a new small socket, and in the background I believe is one of the new medium sockets.

Anything is possible given enough time.

CCP LogicLoop

QWERTY Folk
#55 Posted: 2013.07.30 07:56
This is great - it will make a huge difference! Thanks very much for the change - I'll be saving my Burnstalks until then.

As the lazer rifle is a continuous fire weapon, we would need the visibility above and below where we're shooting to allow you to see any enemies approaching and so you can maintain a better full-body view of your target.

This will improve it's use!

Thaaaanks!
Ahrendee Mercenaries
#56 Posted: 2013.07.30 12:18
What do we think??..the AR is hard to use, CCP. Noone even uses the laser rifle.

The iron sight on the AR is hard to use because you can barely see the dot that you have to aim with. A lot of the people like the way it looks but it isn't very functional. I don't understand how one can justify no sights on an assault rifle 6 months after the fps game has been released. This is unprecedented!!!!...and not in a good way either.

What bothers me is that you have sights on weapons that are used the least. I don't understand the logic for placing sights on lasers, scrambler, and tactical rifles.....and totally ignore the most used weapon in the game. Even the submachine gun, which can't be used at distances has a sight. Can't you guys see the problem???? This is a shooter that is designed to not shoot....aim mwchanics are blown, hip fire is broken, hit detection suffers, no sights, and a dysfunctional iron sight with a barely visible bar to aim with.

Now...what do you think??
Ahrendee Mercenaries
#57 Posted: 2013.07.30 12:26
ladwar wrote:
HEAD- HUNTER-GEO wrote:
And once More CCP ignores us assault riffle guys were is are AR scopes i ask once more??

TAR and burst AR have scopes, theres no reason for a scope on a full auto short range weapon, why do you want one? lasers optimal range is past AR effective range so they should get a scope.

I doubt that he really means scopes...we want reflex sights, at the very least. Not to mention, scopes on ARs in fps games are extremely common. In fact, they are as common as reflex sights. Most shooters use scopes for increased accuracy, that's why.
Amarr Templars
Amarr Empire
#58 Posted: 2013.07.30 13:58
Ydubbs81 RND wrote:
ladwar wrote:
HEAD- HUNTER-GEO wrote:

I doubt that he really means scopes...we want reflex sights, at the very least. Not to mention, scopes on ARs in fps games are extremely common. In fact, they are as common as reflex sights. Most shooters use scopes for increased accuracy, that's why.

Realistically there is no reason for traditional scopes on ANY of these weapons with the possible exclusion of the sniper rifle. I mean, we are inside sealed dropsuits and are looking through lenses already, how could the suits optics not simply link up with the gun "sight"? Yes, yes, I know, it's a standard convention to use sights like this in FPS but seriously, any type of iron sight, or any sight that would significantly obscure your view of the battlefield makes no sense!

(The godfather of tactical logistics™)

D3LTA FORC3
#59 Posted: 2013.07.30 14:45
bolsh lee wrote:
Ouch 23% efficiency at 17m Ugh gonna love the new efficiency meter though !

Edit: will the efficiency % add in damage mods or is that base range vs danage ?

It's 23% efficiency at 17m in ADS (third image)

It's 35% efficiency at 17m in hip fire (first image)

What's up with that?

nothing to see here ... move along

D3LTA FORC3
#60 Posted: 2013.07.30 14:48
Bojo The Mighty wrote:
Does it have any zoom whatsoever? LR is longer range so there should really be a sort of zoom element to it. I'm not saying bring back the Camera Scope but just make that current aiming animation (where you can see outside the scope as well) have a zoom inside the scope, so things only inside that scope have zoom...that was probably confusing, I hope not.

It does appear to have some Zoom in ADS ... first image and third image are both 17m , but the ADS one looks like the enemy is closer (ie. zoomed)

nothing to see here ... move along