New Laser Rifle Scope, coming soon

Jump to first DEV post
Author
C C P
C C P Alliance
#21 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:54  |  Edited by: CCP Logibro
Akdhar Saif wrote:
I'm guessing the scope alone is the sole contents of the 1.5 expansion? P

Can you not give us the options of scopes on all guns?

Coming 1.4, not 1.5. Blink

Vectar Locke wrote:
The scope isn't the problem. The huge penalty to slew rate while ADS is the problem.

At least you had the foresight to get rid of the retardo blue flash when you fired it.

Just to back to Chromosome for **** sake.

They're tuning the ADS speed as well. See here

CCP Wolfman wrote:
Vectar Locke wrote:
CCP Wolfman wrote:

* For 1.4 we've replaced the ironsights on the laser rifle with a red dot sight similar to the one on the scrambler rifle. I want to see if this changes its performance, it does make it far easier to use and the weapon can still deal a ton of damage.

Have you changed the ability to slew the weapon while ADS so it isn't ridiculously slow and hard to aim? As much as I hate the iron sights the slow turning while ADS is the *real* killer.

Yes, we'll be increasing the ADS speed for the laser as well.

CCP Logibro // Patron Saint of Logistics // Distributor of Nanites

(ಠ_ಠ)

Subdreddit
#22 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:56
Is the laser beam blue in that picture? Are Scramblers and L-Rifles going blue?
Molon Labe.
The Irukandji 3.0
#23 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:56
Yeah ccp can we get it on are AR!!!Thats were its most needed been asking this for a while CCP can u tell us if this is in are future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sad
SyNergy Gaming
#24 Posted: 2013.07.29 21:14
My shotgun needs a scope also.

Forum Warrior LV. 9000+

Imperfects
Negative-Feedback
#25 Posted: 2013.07.29 21:20  |  Edited by: Noc Tempre
Medic 1879 wrote:
Must have taken ages to design that scope.

I know right?

http://web.ccpgamescdn.com/dust/news.control/64539/1/scrambler.jpg

Is the bar really this low?

Also, why are you intentionally making the scopes so opaque?
Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#26 Posted: 2013.07.29 21:22
So when are ARs going to get red dots? I'd like to think that 26000 years in the future, man kind has figured out that they help everyone shoot better.
Imperfects
Negative-Feedback
#27 Posted: 2013.07.29 21:23
Can i get the same scope on my duvolle assault rifle it cant be that hard to put it on.
Molon Labe.
The Irukandji 3.0
#28 Posted: 2013.07.29 21:26
And once More CCP ignores us assault riffle guys were is are AR scopes i ask once more??
Ahrendee Mercenaries
#29 Posted: 2013.07.29 21:42
hopefully this'll bring more lasers to the field.. Been a while since I've been fried by one of those.
Condotta Rouvenor
Gallente Federation
#30 Posted: 2013.07.29 21:44
Lovely stuff. I had feared that a change to the scope model would occur and ADS tracking speed would be unaltered and, as the LR ADS was now considered 'fixed', would fall completely off the radar.

The laser is a wonderful weapon, aesthetically and mechanically interesting. The nature of it makes it a strange and fun beast to work with.
Kirkinen Risk Control
Caldari State
#31 Posted: 2013.07.29 22:31
HEAD- HUNTER-GEO wrote:
And once More CCP ignores us assault riffle guys were is are AR scopes i ask once more??

You guys aren't really ignored by CCP... notice how the AR is the best weapon in the game?

There are no facts, only interpretations.

I am a monument to all your sins

Kirkinen Risk Control
Caldari State
#32 Posted: 2013.07.29 22:32
Keyword "Soon™".

There are no facts, only interpretations.

I am a monument to all your sins

The Cuddlefish
Ethereal Dawn
#33 Posted: 2013.07.29 22:55
Awesome news, and I'm glad to hear it.

The LR still needs some work though. There's really no reason to ever use the higher tier versions of the weapon as the heat build up reduction no where near outweighs the overheat damage it produces. It might be a tolerable compromise on suits that get benefits to armor, but the Amarr assault suits, the suits designed to be used with energy weapons, are shield based setups.

So, is it possible to get some better numbers/stats on the higher tier versions? Specifically the ELM-7 is all sorts of weak with a huge overheat penalty compared to the lower versions.

Also, is it possible to get more Amarr weapon skins? I can't help but notice how many different AR models and colors there are, yet there's only two colors for the scrambler rifle variants, and two for the laser rifle (gold/black). Maybe a little differentiation would be nice.

Thanks,
Penumbra or something
#34 Posted: 2013.07.29 23:06
We all know this thread was made for more than just showing off the iron sight.
Penumbra or something
#35 Posted: 2013.07.29 23:07
Zeylon Rho wrote:
Is the laser beam blue in that picture? Are Scramblers and L-Rifles going blue?

CCP said a while back we're getting different colors for different ranges
Rogue Instincts
#36 Posted: 2013.07.29 23:44
Greasepalms wrote:
hopefully this'll bring more lasers to the field.. Been a while since I've been fried by one of those.

i try once in a few skirmishes but i usually end up being 1 shot sniped, while using prof damp. not whining, but perhaps i'm saying i suck still HAHA
Brutor Vanguard
Minmatar Republic
#37 Posted: 2013.07.29 23:53
Keep it coming; one step towards Making the LR useful again. I myself do not use it, I'm a mass driver guy but I understand how the LR community must feel. I'm glad you guys are getting love and that CCP fixes this problem just as they fixed the mass driver; which BTW I am very grateful for even if it was a huge struggle on both parts; the mass driver community and CCP DEV's because I do understand that we as a community can be a bit challenging.

Shining Flame
Amarr Empire
#38 Posted: 2013.07.30 00:25
Looks fantastic! I'm looking forward to this.
C C P
C C P Alliance
#39 Posted: 2013.07.30 00:44
The socket he is in is a small socket from the Research SI set. It is a security scan area.

Anything is possible given enough time.

CCP LogicLoop

Hellstorm LLC
#40 Posted: 2013.07.30 01:15
Just saying, I never seen a scope or a iron scope on a laser pointer. I think it should go back to Chrome scope.

Caldari Suit Videos Love Caldari - Since 6/29/2012

8 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page