Domination Gamemode

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

2 Pages12Next page

Author
Krullefor Organization
Minmatar Republic
#1 Posted: 2013.06.21 14:52
I've noted recently that on some maps, sniping from the MCC becomes an issue and annoyance. Though one can counter-snipe into the MCC, it proves tricky because of barriers/layout.

I can understand this needing to be an option if one is redlined, the MCC is close to this line and you need to break out. However, instant highground near the Null canon in domination seems a touch lopsided.

Recommend the following:

1. either pushing back the MCC to equidistant points from the null cannon, thus making the highpoints similar and advantageous for both sides

2. Reinstating the forcefield that prevented shooting out of the MCC.

I prefer option 1 as it can also thus reduce MCC camping and makes for a different element/tactic to some maps. also could lead to the introduction of floating platforms in later maps for highpoints/spawns, etc to cause variance in open areas and reduce spawn sniping.

Penumbra or something
#2 Posted: 2013.06.24 22:37
They're both pretty good solutions, and it gave me an idea to stop redline sniping as a whole-

Push all starting spawns and the redline WAY back to the point where there's nothing to snipe if you're on the redline.
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 Posted: 2013.06.26 06:31
M3DIC 2U wrote:
I've noted recently that on some maps, sniping from the MCC becomes an issue and annoyance. Though one can counter-snipe into the MCC, it proves tricky because of barriers/layout.

I can understand this needing to be an option if one is redlined, the MCC is close to this line and you need to break out. However, instant highground near the Null canon in domination seems a touch lopsided.

Recommend the following:

1. either pushing back the MCC to equidistant points from the null cannon, thus making the highpoints similar and advantageous for both sides

I prefer option 1 as it can also thus reduce MCC camping and makes for a different element/tactic to some maps. also could lead to the introduction of floating platforms in later maps for highpoints/spawns, etc to cause variance in open areas and reduce spawn sniping.

Sniping from on top of the MCC? Or inside?

For inside MCC's we have already fixed the shields to stop that. This should be in the 1.2 update if it isn't already out.

For outside the MCC's we are working on a solution currently to stop it.

Anything is possible given enough time.

CCP LogicLoop

Random Gunz
#4 Posted: 2013.06.26 06:47
CCP LogicLoop wrote:
[quote=M3DIC 2U]For outside the MCC's we are working on a solution currently to stop it.

Why would sniping from the top of the MCC be considered a Bad Thing(TM)?

There's plenty of sniper spots you can only reach by derpship.

CPM1 Elect. Thanks for all your support. soraya@biomassed.net for ideas, thoughts, and feedback.

Knights Of The 0ld Republic
#5 Posted: 2013.06.26 07:23
The issue us you can't tell when you are being shot from above

HDYLTA
#6 Posted: 2013.06.26 12:33
CCP LogicLoop wrote:

For inside MCC's we have already fixed the shields to stop that. This should be in the 1.2 update if it isn't already out.

Nice! You know, to my knowledge CCP has never even acknowledged whether this was just a bug or an intentional change in Uprising, leading to a lot of unnecessary angst. Thanks for fixing it, though.

HDYLTA - Freedom Delivered

Penumbra or something
#7 Posted: 2013.06.26 14:46
CCP LogicLoop wrote:
M3DIC 2U wrote:

Recommend the following:

It'll still be a problem, even if you aren't on top of the MCC. I figured out a while back (and managed it this build) that sometimes you can jump onto one of the MCC turrets while it's at the right angle, then snipe.
Contract Hunters
#8 Posted: 2013.06.26 16:34
I think the best fix would be not to allow damage in or out of the red line area. Thusly pushing people in to the arena.
Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#9 Posted: 2013.07.02 13:31
Mika Astrates wrote:
I think the best fix would be not to allow damage in or out of the red line area. Thusly pushing people in to the arena.

I endorse this idea..

C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 Posted: 2013.07.03 00:42
Mika Astrates wrote:

We have actually been discussing an option similar to this. More it would be that you gain no points for killing inside of or into each sides safe zones. Our areas are determined by volumes. Attacker, Defender, All. So we can use those volumes determine who is in them. Also we should be able to represent on the map those areas separately.

CCP LogicLoop

Tronhadar Free Guard
Minmatar Republic
#11 Posted: 2013.07.03 01:00
CCP LogicLoop wrote:
Mika Astrates wrote:

We have actually been discussing an option similar to this. More it would be that you gain no points for killing inside of or into each sides safe zones. Our areas are determined by volumes. Attacker, Defender, All. So we can use those volumes determine who is in them. Also we should be able to represent on the map those areas separately.

So like a force field

Dedicated Shotgun Scout and professional backstabber

OSG Planetary Operations
#12 Posted: 2013.07.03 01:12
CCP LogicLoop wrote:
Mika Astrates wrote:

this does not stop people from padding their K/D though
C C P
C C P Alliance
#13 Posted: 2013.07.03 03:00
Doyle Reese wrote:
CCP LogicLoop wrote:
Mika Astrates wrote:

this does not stop people from padding their K/D though

I am not sure how it would not. We wouldn't count the kill in their ratio.

CCP LogicLoop

Forsaken Immortals
#14 Posted: 2013.07.03 11:43
So you could stay in the Redzone - where no deaths affect your K/D - but you can still deplete the clone count of the other side - and hence assisting in winning the match.

Fanfest 2012 - Winning Team + MVP - £1100 in prizes

Fanfest 2013 - Winning Team - £500 in prizes

Fanfest 2014 - ???

C C P
C C P Alliance
#15 Posted: 2013.07.04 00:48  |  Edited by: CCP Frame
Absolute Idiom II wrote:
So you could stay in the Redzone - where no deaths affect your K/D - but you can still deplete the clone count of the other side - and hence assisting in winning the match.

True, or it would not affect the clone count. We "could" make that happen. The overall idea is that killing or death from with in each teams safe zones should have zero effect on the overall battle.

Obviously we have no exact answer just yet. This is why we are still discussing how to resolve the issue. And of course our community is always welcome to give their suggestions. I try to bring them up with the team when I think they are a reasonable idea.

CCP LogicLoop

Red Star.
#16 Posted: 2013.07.04 04:35  |  Edited by: Bullets2yaface
CCP LogicLoop wrote:
M3DIC 2U wrote:

Recommend the following:

Why stop something that makes sense sniping on top of the mcc is fine at least its easier to shoot them then from within
and red zone deaths not counting? It was in battlefield and we dealt with it there snipers are dicks it happens they barely affect the game we just do our best to avoid them. However extend the forge gun range to be able to hit them
Krullefor Organization
Minmatar Republic
#17 Posted: 2013.07.05 14:30
Sorry for delay in response.

Snipers were shooting from INSIDE the MCC.

Since 1.2 build I have not noticed sniping occuring from inside the MCC anymore.

If you have skillset to gain an advantage point on top of or on a turret, I think that should remain. Though top of MCC seems a bit much as I picture this ship being in low Earth/Planet orbit beyond the ceiling of a dropship otherwise, "here let me place a giant target for the ground to shoot." If below their ceiling would be too similar to the zeppelins and dirigibles of WWI and WWII. Every fighter could reach them and thus destroyed the "mothership." Also, dropping in with inertial dampeners then likens to a HALO jump. The dropping aircraft is safe from attack, but can still deploy the paratrooper.

Adding more high buildings or other floating platforms would make things interesting and lend more desire to skilling into dropships. Adding a greater emphasis on the 3rd dimension within a fight.

Tech Guard
#18 Posted: 2013.07.13 14:19
Isnt the MCC only about 200-300m off the ground?

Nemo me impune lacessit

CCP - Announcing games at the same time as killing the ones you love

CCP - No Credibility

Ametat Security
Amarr Empire
#19 Posted: 2013.07.14 04:56
Counter sniping ppl that are outside of the MCC is really easy. I am not sure why ppl make such a big deal out of it.
World Bank of New Eden
#20 Posted: 2013.09.02 19:04
Sniping from the top of the MCC is snipers being resourceful when the enemy wont let them reach hills buildings ETC. please leave that aspect of the game alone. it is perfect the way it is. last thing a redliner needs is getting run over by LAV as soon as they deploy.

Roles mastered- HAV/ADS/LDS/Forum Lord/Working on Assault

Pinned down? Let my tank scatter enemies for you v(^_^)v

2 Pages12Next page