Topic is locked indefinitely.

8 Pages123Next pageLast page

Is there a schedule for the comming patches? A roadmap maybe? [UPDATE V4]

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#1 Posted: 2013.05.29 09:52  |  Edited by: meri jin
Is there a schedule like path for add ons, content patches, balance patches and so on?
I just like to know, Dust514 is not even half finished and (if you ask me) should not left the beta. But well, now it is here, but without content. So I was wondering, how frequently will CCP patch this “released beta client” with all this promising sweets like PVE, all drop suits (I’m not even talking here about the advanced. just basics, you know, all heavy’s, all lights), vehicles and so on. Things that a complete game should include…

But well, let’s stop the trolling for a short moment: Dear CCP, you have a rough plan for patching this game, like “once in a month, several content crumbs”? Or will you wait and collect till you have a significant amount of content before delivering? Do you plan on releasing a bigger content patch around the same time where eve gets their half year add ons? How would you like to handle the balancing patches? More frequent or orientating on with the content patches? Is there a roadmap somewhere where we can see, what you are doing, and what is in the short, mid and long-term plan? If not, do you plan to make one?

Now that I have asked this, would you like to know what I like to see asap? Group PVE content. What would you like to see asap?

Greetings

edit: a couple of types

PS: Please stop just liking things in here, post something to keep the discussion alive Blink.

UPDATE from page 2
CCP Eterne wrote:
Hey, we have an internal roadmap. Our lead designer is currently at E3 but when he gets back the plan is for him to write a dev blog that will at least give a rough overview of our roadmap in the coming months. We anticipate people will be pleased with it.

Yes, yes we could be :).

Update2
Dev Blog about patch 1.2
TMC why should we care

UPDATE
CCP Eterne wrote:

I lied, it's today and should be out in like 5 minutes.

http://dust514.com/news/blog/2013/06/uprising-1.2-and-beyond/

UPDATE V4 Page 5
CCP Eterne wrote:
The dev blog we put out on Tuesday was our Uprising + the Future dev blog.

If you want a more detailed look at our roadmap, here are the things we'll be working on over the coming months.

• Upgrading the New Player Experience so you have greater context, immersion, and are better prepared to survive in DUST.
  • Improving controls for aiming
  • Balancing Instant Battles so players are matched better
  • Making sure all battles hit a consistent 30 FPS minimum for our current max battle sizes
  • Improving vehicle movement
  • Balancing vehicles so each has a role and is balanced both versus other vehicles and infantry
  • Improving infantry movement
  • Making getting into battles provide more context about what's going on, why you're fighting, etc.
  • Improving Planetary Conquest and making it more meaningful and interesting to be involved with
  • Improving Factional Warfare, making it more interesting, and rewarding players who are loyal to a faction somehow
  • Fixing bugs and exploits
  • Improving overall gear balancing so there is no "best" choice and there are tactical choices to make
  • Improving situational awareness tools through the UI
  • Improving the fitting experience through UI and better integration with the market

There are also things that are not high level roadmap stuff that we'll be working on. Stuff like the addition of snow in Uprising 1.2 is a good example of this. For example, we have some other graphical improvements coming in 1.3, such as some changes to sites and scopes to improve visibility in certain environments, which are not "Roadmap" items but are still important fixes nonetheless.

We don't have set-in-stone dates for when certain things are coming. It's also not really possible to share the nitty gritty details of each roadmap item at the moment, for a variety of reasons.

R.I.P. Dust514 02 May 2014

EVE United

Subdreddit
#2 Posted: 2013.05.29 09:54
meri jin wrote:
Is there a schedule like path for add ons, content patches, balance patches and so on?
I just like to know, Dust514 is not even half finished and (if you ask me) should not left the beta. But well, now it is here, but without content. So I was wondering, who frequently will CCP patch this “released beta client” with all this promising sweets like PVE, all drop suits (I’m not even talking here about the advanced. just basics, you know, all heavy’s, all lights), vehicles and so on. Things that a complete game should include…

But well, let’s stop the trolling for a short moment: Dear CCP, you have a rough plan for patching this game, like “once in a month, several content crumbs”? Or will you wait and collect till you have a significant amount of chances before delivering? Do you plan on releasing a bigger content patch around the same time where eve gets their half year add ons? How would you like to handle the balancing patches? More frequent or orientating on with the content patches? Is there a roadmap somewhere where we can see, what you are doing, and what is in the short, mid and long-term plan? If not, do you plan to make one?

Now that I have asked this, would you like to know what I like to see asap? Group PVE content. What would you, dear reader, like to see asap?

Greetings

We have yet to see anything like a fixed schedule. Even a rough idea of release schedule would be nice, even if dates slipped and they had to revise. Just so we could... ballpark things I guess.
Goonfeet
#3 Posted: 2013.05.29 09:55
Zeylon Rho wrote:

We have yet to see anything like a fixed schedule. Even a rough idea of release schedule would be nice, even if dates slipped and they had to revise. Just so we could... ballpark things I guess.

I know how that feels bro. Ugh

EVE United

Roaming Blades
#4 Posted: 2013.05.29 10:16
Zeylon Rho wrote:
meri jin wrote:
I just like to know, Dust514 is not even half finished and (if you ask me) should not left the beta. But well, now it is here, but without content. So I was wondering, who frequently will CCP patch this “released beta client” with all this promising sweets like PVE, all drop suits (I’m not even talking here about the advanced. just basics, you know, all heavy’s, all lights), vehicles and so on. Things that a complete game should include…

But well, let’s stop the trolling for a short moment: Dear CCP, you have a rough plan for patching this game, like “once in a month, several content crumbs”? Or will you wait and collect till you have a significant amount of chances before delivering? Do you plan on releasing a bigger content patch around the same time where eve gets their half year add ons? How would you like to handle the balancing patches? More frequent or orientating on with the content patches? Is there a roadmap somewhere where we can see, what you are doing, and what is in the short, mid and long-term plan? If not, do you plan to make one?

Now that I have asked this, would you like to know what I like to see asap? Group PVE content. What would you, dear reader, like to see asap?

Greetings

Altho that sounds nice, it'd probably be worse.
Look at how people reacted to the respecs announcement, CCP said it might've be on Monday, but plans could change. (so it was just an estimate from the beginning.)
They also mention later on it wasn't going ot be specifically on Monday.

What happens on Monday?
"OMG CCP TROLL"
"CCP lied to us again!"
"CCP FAIL"

Tons of people were freaking out within the first hour the servers were back up on Monday.
People complaining CCP was lying and they were cheated, all over the place, saying stuff like "why did they even tell us Monday if they can't do it" or "Don't promise what you can't deliver."

I mean, if they get that kind of backlash for a slight delay on the optional respecs, imagine how people will react for multiple delays to big content announcements?

From CCP, I prefer not know when they plan stuff to go live, or I know I'll be left waiting for it, while if they keep it from us until they KNOW its ready, we just have to wait the short amount of time it takes to release from then.
Goonfeet
#5 Posted: 2013.05.29 10:25
Ok, I understand, but I was not one of them.
I love the joy and excitement. If I look now in the future of Dust, I see nothing, knowing that several things are going to happen, motivates me.

EVE United

Dust University
#6 Posted: 2013.05.29 10:27  |  Edited by: Maken Tosch
If you follow Eve Online's development patterns it will probably be the same way. Major content release twice a year (one in the summer and one in the winter) with various hotfixes in between. After all, Eve Online is connected to DUST.

Eve Online Invite https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=ed64524f-15ca-4997-ab92-eaae0af74b7f&action=buddy

Goonfeet
#7 Posted: 2013.05.29 10:30
Maken Tosch wrote:
If you follow Eve Online's development patterns it will probably be the same way. Major content release twice a year (one in the summer and one in the winter) with various hotfixes in between. After all, Eve Online is connected to DUST.

Yes but eve online is old and done. This game is not even half done and suffers.

EVE United

Subdreddit
#8 Posted: 2013.05.29 10:34
I think MOST people would appreciate a timeline and some transparency/knowledge. There've been other polls on transparency and how the community would like more of it. You don't kill that because people flip out. You can't forget that there's a huge chunk of people on the board that just intentionally troll... because they're trolls. They won't be happy regardless of what CCP does, and they exist to bait people. I don't know that the trolls even stop playing either, they pop up later to troll about something else.

The game is not yet full-formed, and a lot of the features and future aren't readily apparent. A roadmap of sorts is the sort of thing that gives people something to look forward to - the outlook for new players is just some bleak future of Tac ARs and LAV derby as nothing forthcoming is really nailed down.

Look at it this way:

Let's say you have a couple vacations planned. One is to France with various places on the agenda (Louvre, etc.), and another is to Sydney or some such. Now, you've told your family these things are coming, but you didn't tell them when. It could be anytime as far they know - they've just heard this year. The argument for NOT explaining your plans is that they might get upset when it's pushed back, or when something like the trip to the Sydney Opera House is left out. While that's possible - maybe even likely, it just makes you seem like a crazy person.

How invested in your future plans will people really want to be if you can't give them any specifics or any sort of timeline, and it's just "surprise!" every time? It may be pleasant surprises now and again, but it would make me think the planner is an ********.

All the hiding things makes it seem less like we have a fun vacation coming up, and more like they're planning on shooting me in the back of head.
Amarr Templars
Amarr Empire
#9 Posted: 2013.05.29 10:34
I'd love to see an accurate schedule of what CCP plan to release and when:

EG:

August 2013
Caldari Rail Rifle
Minmatar Autocannon Rifle
Fill rest of dropsuit slots
Player market linked with EVE
Game fully integrated with EVE

December 2013
2 new heavy weapons
2 new sidearms
New vehicles

CCP has jumped ship, victory to PS2!

Dust University
#10 Posted: 2013.05.29 10:37
meri jin wrote:
Maken Tosch wrote:

Yes but eve online is old and done. This game is not even half done and suffers.

Technically Eve is never done. They have operated like this since release and now they are getting another update this June. You should see how Eve was back then.

Eve Online Invite https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=ed64524f-15ca-4997-ab92-eaae0af74b7f&action=buddy

Goonfeet
#11 Posted: 2013.05.29 10:49  |  Edited by: meri jin
Maken Tosch wrote:
meri jin wrote:
Maken Tosch wrote:

Technically Eve is never done. They have operated like this since release and now they are getting another update this June. You should see how Eve was back then.

Yes I know that, I do play it for a couple of years now. I dind't start 2003, but back in my days, there where not even skillques.
But there where all basic ships for example 4 times 3 BSs. And by saing it is done, I mean something like the core is done. Fundament, grounding, basis, basement, call it as you like as long as you get what I mean :). In dust, we dont have a finished fundament, but ccp calls this game "released".

EVE United

Goonfeet
#12 Posted: 2013.05.29 16:53
push this!

EVE United

Who Are Those Guys
#13 Posted: 2013.05.29 17:04  |  Edited by: Maximus Stryker
Nebra Tene wrote:
Zeylon Rho wrote:
meri jin wrote:
-snip-

-snip-.

Altho that sounds nice, it'd probably be worse.
Look at how people reacted to the respecs announcement, CCP said it might've be on Monday, but plans could change. (so it was just an estimate from the beginning.)
They also mention later on it wasn't going ot be specifically on Monday.

What happens on Monday?
"OMG CCP TROLL"
"CCP lied to us again!"
"CCP FAIL"

Tons of people were freaking out within the first hour the servers were back up on Monday.
People complaining CCP was lying and they were cheated, all over the place, saying stuff like "why did they even tell us Monday if they can't do it" or "Don't promise what you can't deliver."

I mean, if they get that kind of backlash for a slight delay on the optional respecs, imagine how people will react for multiple delays to big content announcements?

From CCP, I prefer not know when they plan stuff to go live, or I know I'll be left waiting for it, while if they keep it from us until they KNOW its ready, we just have to wait the short amount of time it takes to release from then.

Aesiron Kor-Azor wrote:
I'd love to see an accurate schedule of what CCP plan to release and when:

EG:
August 2013
Caldari Rail Rifle
Minmatar Autocannon Rifle
Fill rest of dropsuit slots
Player market linked with EVE
Game fully integrated with EVE

December 2013
2 new heavy weapons
2 new sidearms
New vehicles

I would think a better approach would be using quarters of the year (a very common unit of measurement/time in businesses around the world)
Ex:
Q3 2013: FInish racial drop suits for light and heavy class
Q3 2013: More Corporation roles/functions
Q4 2013: PVE
Q4 2013: Finish racial weapon variations for existing weapon types
Q1 2014: Introduce new vehicles
Q1 2013: Introduce ability to hire mercenaries and allow other corporationes to join a PC battle or open up PC battles to alliance members
Q2 2014: Introduce Dust player to player trading of equipment
Circle of Huskarl
Minmatar Republic
#14 Posted: 2013.05.29 17:05
the big problem with console patching is the review process done by sony and the fact that the developer has to pay for that process.

this massively cripples development and bug fixing in particular
OSG Planetary Operations
#15 Posted: 2013.05.29 17:05
DUST 514 Official Schedule:

Soon (tm)
Deep Space Republic
#16 Posted: 2013.05.29 17:13
Well lets see...they gave a date for uprising...then a week or two before that date they changed it.

How can ccp put out a schedule when they don't even know the date a week or two before?
Goonfeet
#17 Posted: 2013.05.29 17:43
Gilbatron wrote:
the big problem with console patching is the review process done by sony and the fact that the developer has to pay for that process.

dint know that!

EVE United

Distinct Covert Initiative
#18 Posted: 2013.05.29 17:48
meri jin wrote:
Gilbatron wrote:

dint know that!

Both companies do it - it is to ensure QC

Obviously bigger Developers prepare for and have the resources to handle this better. I think MS is more strict (could be wrong) but in the long run it should force CCP to put out better upgrades/expansions but at the moment stuff may take longer.

In your blind spot

~

Den of Swords
#19 Posted: 2013.05.29 18:00
The plan is to try to get expansions every 3-6 months (they're free so no paying 15$ for them) and smaller patches as necessary to fix things between. CCP does express they want to stick to 3 month cycles however developer things DO happen and an expansion may get delayed by a month or two depending on the content.

There is still balance and fix patches on the way the dust from Uprising hasn't settled yet as many things are still unresolved and need fixing. This however doesn't take all the team's time so progress is being made by other teams. For example art and sound teams responsible for new content rarely have to go back and fix things so they're pumping out more artwork such as more buildings, weapons, effects, though sometimes the new things replace old things it is still progress forward.

Former CPM 0, CPM 1

Omni-Soldier, Forum Warrior

Goonfeet
#20 Posted: 2013.05.30 06:20  |  Edited by: meri jin
Iron Wolf Saber wrote:
The plan is to try to get expansions every 3-6 months (they're free so no paying 15$ for them) and smaller patches as necessary to fix things between. CCP does express they want to stick to 3 month cycles however developer things DO happen and an expansion may get delayed by a month or two depending on the content.

There is still balance and fix patches on the way the dust from Uprising hasn't settled yet as many things are still unresolved and need fixing. This however doesn't take all the team's time so progress is being made by other teams. For example art and sound teams responsible for new content rarely have to go back and fix things so they're pumping out more artwork such as more buildings, weapons, effects, though sometimes the new things replace old things it is still progress forward.

So does this mean we have to wait for about 2+ months for some new content? I could understand and live with that, but I feel that this game needs help and content asap. Seeing this horrible reviews CCP must somehow feel the same way, right?

EVE United

8 Pages123Next pageLast page