Topic is locked indefinitely.

2 Pages12Next page

Biomass Outpost Feedback

Jump to first DEV post
Author
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 Posted: 2013.05.22 15:22  |  Edited by: CCP Frame

This thread is for specific feedback on the Biomass Outpost map asset as it appears on any map. Please post any issues you have with the map in this thread. If addressing a specific section of the map, please include the grid coordinates included in the image above for easier verification.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCPEterne ※ @EVELiveEvents

Commando Perkone
Caldari State
#2 Posted: 2013.05.22 18:34
This outpost provides an advantage to dropships and tanks whose MCC is to the right, as this gives covered access to C and A. On the other hand, dropships starting from the left have no cover from sniper tanks on the right, and sniper tanks on the left have nothing to shoot at.

I used to be a director like you, but then I took 7 mil from the corp wallet.

KILL-EM-QUICK
Rise Of Legion.
#3 Posted: 2013.05.22 18:46
I like how you can make use of roof tops in this map. That said there is ways of fighting against people using the roof tops, and this makes it fine.

I like the bridge that goes from the building out. What is normally from B to C. I like how it lets you get above and around tanks on the road bellow.

All around I have always liked this facility.
Cult of the Dust Bunny
#4 Posted: 2013.05.23 01:32
A tunnel from somewhere "south" of I connecting to B8/C8 or even C10 could work as you can defend B6 to D9 and D9 to F12 from only two spots (D9 and D11) right now.
Kang Lo Directorate
Gallente Federation
#5 Posted: 2013.05.23 03:37
N9 , n10 and o9 , o10. The blasted out wall or whatever it is is almost impossible to move through you must jump.
Red and Silver Hand
Amarr Empire
#6 Posted: 2013.05.23 10:28
This is one of the maps that causes memory leak/ frame rate issues.
Red and Silver Hand
Amarr Empire
#7 Posted: 2013.05.23 10:30
At the very bottom of e11 there is a bumpy wall that can normally be jumped over. Right next to the larger wall, where the bumpy wall is lowest, there is an invisible obstacle that prevents you from jumping through.
Red and Silver Hand
Amarr Empire
#8 Posted: 2013.05.23 10:34
On the north side of the outpost, if you could make the terrain better suited for ninja'ing around the outside to drop uplinks and whatnot, that would be super.
Forsaken Immortals
#9 Posted: 2013.05.23 11:34  |  Edited by: Absolute Idiom II
The top of the stairs in H3/I3 are hard to walk over - I have to jump instead. It appears localised to the right side of the top.

Fanfest 2012 - Winning Team + MVP - £1100 in prizes

Fanfest 2013 - Winning Team - £500 in prizes

Fanfest 2014 - ???

Dead Man's Game
#10 Posted: 2013.05.24 20:05
First of all: Thanks for letting us give feedback on these modular main infrastructure modules. I've wanted to report issues on this Biomass for so long.

Issue:
Now, I concur on what poster #6 said:
This structure definately causes client lag and, most distrurbingly, system lag that carries over to following games. It may remnants of that memory leak bug that plagued Line Harvest last fall.

Possible cause:
The easiest way to get that lag on your PS3 is to visit the biomass fluid are around grid M9.
My theory is that the fluid mechanic is something current code/unreal engine/PS3 cannot handle.
Slightly less likely reason is the fire and smoke on grid N10.

Suggested fix:
REMOVE ALL FLUID FROM THE GAME as it is hardly visible and adds nothing to the game (until rivers are running on maps?)
As a precaution, remove permanent the fire and smoke (until you can add either destructable surroundings or simply have randomly damaged areas at the beginning of the match)

Sour level over 9000.

KERO-TRADER is my official Eve character for Dust trading.

Penumbra or something
#11 Posted: 2013.05.26 01:43
L11 takes a really long time to hop your way up the stack of crates and over the wall- even with a scout.
Molon Labe.
The Irukandji 3.0
#12 Posted: 2013.05.26 04:28
A, B, and C 9-12 Uplinks and nano hives sink into the roof.

I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim. O.o

Dominion of the Supreme Emperor God-King KAGEHOSHI
#13 Posted: 2013.06.06 19:37
I always get stuck on the stairs in this outpost. Almost all of them.

▲Supreme emperor god-king【KAGEH۞SHI】// Lord of threads // Forum alt▼

Red Star.
#14 Posted: 2013.06.07 00:58
At the bottom left of N10 there is an overhang from the blasted out wall that one can get stuck under and fall to their death. I've been caught there 4 times and only once did I get out without dying.

"Oh yeah, well where did you buy your clothes, the toilet store?"

Dead Man's Game
#15 Posted: 2013.06.11 00:24
KEROSIINI-TERO wrote:
First of all: Thanks for letting us give feedback on these modular main infrastructure modules. I've wanted to report issues on this Biomass for so long.

Issue:
Now, I concur on what poster #6 said:
This structure definately causes client lag and, most distrurbingly, system lag that carries over to following games. It may remnants of that memory leak bug that plagued Line Harvest last fall.

Possible cause:
The easiest way to get that lag on your PS3 is to visit the biomass fluid are around grid M9.
My theory is that the fluid mechanic is something current code/unreal engine/PS3 cannot handle.
Slightly less likely reason is the fire and smoke on grid N10.

Suggested fix:
REMOVE ALL FLUID FROM THE GAME as it is hardly visible and adds nothing to the game (until rivers are running on maps?)
As a precaution, remove permanent the fire and smoke (until you can add either destructable surroundings or simply have randomly damaged areas at the beginning of the match)

I'd like a Dev comment on this - whether I'm right or wrong or are they at least checking it?

Sour level over 9000.

KERO-TRADER is my official Eve character for Dust trading.

OSG Planetary Operations
#16 Posted: 2013.06.11 17:21
Outside of the Outpost at N10 my corpmate got stuck while walking against the wall, not sure how he got stuck that way though. we had to call a LAV to save him.
Fatal Absolution
Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
#17 Posted: 2013.06.13 22:52
The tunnel section in D9 seems to have an invisible wall in the upper part - grenades can bounce off of it.

Gentlemen. It has been a pleasure. o7

Dominion of the Supreme Emperor God-King KAGEHOSHI
#18 Posted: 2013.06.26 08:43
Got stuck at the stairs at J9 multiple times while wearing a heavy

▲Supreme emperor god-king【KAGEH۞SHI】// Lord of threads // Forum alt▼

NULLIMPEX INC
#19 Posted: 2013.07.26 08:54
Doyle Reese wrote:
Outside of the Outpost at N10 my corpmate got stuck while walking against the wall, not sure how he got stuck that way though. we had to call a LAV to save him.

I got stuck there too. There is a breach in the wall close to the border of N9 and N10. Some twisted metal is protruding to the outside there. I was walking along that wall section in the N10-N9 direction. Tried to squeeze between that metal scraps inside the outpost. Instead i got stuck in it. Did some turning around and jumping and manged to free myself. Maybe consider to add some invisible wall or turn collision detection on that twisted plates to make them passable. It is a deadly trap.

Time: July 25th, 2013, ~22:00 NET (New Eden Time Cool)
Ambush mode.
Same character as in this post.
I was using Gallente AV starter fit.
NULLIMPEX INC
#20 Posted: 2013.07.26 09:01  |  Edited by: Robert JD Niewiadomski
The ground close to gate side at H13 on the outside of the outpost is sticky. I was not glued but could move very slowly and could not jump. Maybe this stickiness is related to the pipeline nearest to this area?

Time: July 25th, 2013, ~22:00 NET (New Eden Time Cool)
Ambush mode.
Same character as in this post.
I was using Gallente AV starter fit.
2 Pages12Next page