15 Pages123Next pageLast page

DUST 514 War Council - Beta

Jump to first DEV post
Author
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:03  |  Edited by: CCP Frame
Greetings DUST 514 Community,

For those of you that don't know me, I'm CCP Dolan, and I run the EVE Online Council of Stellar Management (CSM). We at CCP have been looking into creating a similar group for DUST 514.

We came to the conclusion that the best group of people to help design the future of this player run organization, which we have yet to officially name, was the players themselves.

I have asked the DUST 514 Development and Community Teams to submit to me a list of some of the most helpful, active, and knowledgeable community members. Representatives from the DUST 514 teams and I will be sitting down and interviewing these candidates to try and identify the best fits for what we will be tentatively calling the DUST 514 War Council (until we come up with a permanent name). We will then be looking at all of these interviews and selecting a council to make up the very first beta version of the War Council.

This appointed council will work closely with us in establishing a voting system, working with teams regarding upcoming features, and generally serving a similar role to the EVE Online CSM.

As this is a beta version of the council, we ask the community as a whole to be tolerant with any growing pains that the council will no doubt experience.

More details about term length, possible summits, council size, etc. will be announced soon. We hope that both the CSM and the War Council can work together towards making the EVE Universe the best it possibly can be.

Please feel free to ask any questions or provide feedback in this thread.
Subdreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#2 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:07
Sounds like an awesome plan but will people who aren't on the council be able to vote?
Otherworld Enterprises Dust Control
Otherworld Empire Productions
#3 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:07  |  Edited by: ChribbaX
Sounds like a neat progress. Looking forward to see how it turns out.

Can we assume that the final council will work together with CSM to iron out the connecting features and stuff?

/c
Ahrendee Mercenaries
Dirt Nap Squad.
#4 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:08
Congratulations Iron Wolf Saber.

"The unexamined life is not worth living."

RNDclan.com

Kang Lo Directorate
Gallente Federation
#5 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:09
shellhead wrote:
Sounds like an awesome plan but will people who aren't on the council be able to vote?

I think the council is going to be helping set up the permanent group that would be akin to the CSM, not be the CSM equivalent for DUST 514.
Subdreddit
#6 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:09  |  Edited by: Mechanicus Lupus
Will the Dust community as a whole be voting on the final representation for the beta version of the council?

Even if not for the first group of representatives.
Onslaught Inc
RISE of LEGION
#7 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:10  |  Edited by: Heinrich Jagerblitzen
Excellent news. I was excited to hear from CCP last week that an entity like this would be forming so soon, this is very recent news to CSM7 as well. I personally think it's a major step in the right direction and should go a long way towards organizing and streamlining the relationship between the community and the developers. Both parties have shown ample enthusiasm throughout the beta to work together and this is the logical next step.

Best of luck to all invited candidates, though I know for a fact luck will have little to do with the final result. Those who have been selected will have earned it through demonstrated effort, there's just no substitute for hard work. For those that are interested in serving on a council someday, this is a fantastic lesson that we're observed at all times, whether its CCP selecting a panel of representatives or a direct vote held by fellow players. There's never been a better time to step up and contribute in whatever way you know how, whether its bug reporting, feature feedback, event organization, or corporate leadership. This is only the beginning - there's plenty of time for other leadership to emerge as this relationship evolves.

Kudos again to CCP for taking a risk and diving into the process of forming a council so early in Dust's life cycle. My only criticism is that I wish the opportunity had been provided for ALL interested parties to submit an application and credentials. A few days extra sifting through applications could have unearthed other individuals with unique talents or accomplishments and prevented the inevitable tinfoil bullkitten that some will pour out over this. I'm proud of the community for handling this news well so far and for all the constructive brainstorming that this announcement has inspired. Don't let me down!
Circle of Huskarl
Minmatar Republic
#8 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:10
ohhh, popcorn drama inc.

you should switch to a voting system ASAP :D
Shining Flame
Amarr Empire
#9 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:10
It will be very interesting to see how this ends up working... :)
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:11
Looking forward to this! :D Having a good solid way to communicate with you guys is really helpful.

CCP FoxFour // Game Designer

http://twitter.com/regnerba

C C P
C C P Alliance
#11 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:12
shellhead wrote:

We had some difficulty trying to decide how voting would work in a free-to-play game, where you can have unlimited accounts. We will be working with the War Council and the community to try and shape what elections will look like in the future.
C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:12  |  Edited by: CCP Dolan
Mechanicus Lupus wrote:
Will the Dust community as a whole be voting on the final representation for the beta version of the council?

At this stage no. This beta War Council will be the people providing feedback on how we establish a permanent council for DUST 514. Like we did in EVE Online, we will hand pick our first group based on their contribution to the community and work with them to establish the first fully functioning and fully elected council at a later date.

At this point in time we want to get something up and running so that Townhall meetings can happen with the DUST Community at large.
Ahrendee Mercenaries
Dirt Nap Squad.
#13 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:13
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Looking forward to this! :D Having a good solid way to communicate with you guys is really helpful.

Who let you out of the PC thread? BACK TO WORK.

"The unexamined life is not worth living."

RNDclan.com

Imperfects
Negative-Feedback
#14 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:14  |  Edited by: 2-Ton Twenty-One
Let the political drama begin......

Welp so much for the quiet forums.....

(sees nova knives coming out of dropsuit sleeves all over the community)

Et tu, Brute?

*falls to the floor
Subdreddit
#15 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:15
Reserved
Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#16 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:18
As if Dust is so complicated you need to solicit our opinions on how to make it better.
Subdreddit
#17 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:20
Any idea when we will know who is on or tentatively on the War Council?
Abandoned Privilege
Top Men.
#18 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:20
I was indeed wondering how DUST players would be adequately represented on the CSM. So I find it a great idea that you guys are going to give DUST their own group right off the bat.

Will the CSM and the War Council eventually meet together? I would like to feel confident that both groups will interact heavily in ensuring the game heads in a direction that is as conjoined together as I want to see it in the future.
C C P
C C P Alliance
#19 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:21
Mechanicus Lupus wrote:
Any idea when we will know who is on or tentatively on the War Council?

Look for a Dev Blog announcing the full War Council some time before the end of the month.
Villore Sec Ops
Gallente Federation
#20 Posted: 2013.03.18 15:24
Parson Atreides wrote:
Congratulations Iron Wolf Saber.

I had the same thought. Smile
15 Pages123Next pageLast page