The Locker Room

 
^ Back to top
 

A diagnosis!

Author
Eternal Beings
#1 Posted: 2017.04.08 16:44
Remember that time i said i wouldn't post about health issues/personal life anymore? I wouldn't have if i had not gotten a diagnosis recently.

I have a weird combination of neuropathy and complex regional pain syndrome called Erythromelalgia. It primarily affects my hands and feet, almost my whole body in the summer, dissipates a lot in cold weather.

Also have orthostatic intolerance, a mild version of POTS that also gets worse in the summer, dissipates a lot in cold weather. I'm happy to get answers but its still... weird.

But now I'm diagnosed i can get treatment! Big smile I've been looking at this for at least a year but I never actually thought I'd be right.

PSN SilentChaozz

Autistic with extreme chronic pain. Hey, it's a rare one!

#2 Posted: 2017.06.08 22:16  |  Edited by: TEBOW BAGGINS
PARKOUR PRACTIONER wrote:
Remember that time i said i wouldn't post about health issues/personal life anymore? I wouldn't have if i had not gotten a diagnosis recently.

I have a weird combination of neuropathy and complex regional pain syndrome called Erythromelalgia. It primarily affects my hands and feet, almost my whole body in the summer, dissipates a lot in cold weather.

Also have orthostatic intolerance, a mild version of POTS that also gets worse in the summer, dissipates a lot in cold weather. I'm happy to get answers but its still... weird.

But now I'm diagnosed i can get treatment! Big smile I've been looking at this for at least a year but I never actually thought I'd be right.


I feel your pain brother. I'm having severe anxiety related to having trouble finding work. I wake up from terrible nightmares. I scream and rant and threaten inanimate objects, simple things like a chair being out of place. Then I collapse from exhaustion on the energy spent. A ringing phone can scare the fk out of me.. I keep getting winded from simple tasks. My back will begin to ache and my skin will then tingle and feel like it's burning. My heart is pounding all the time. Sometimes I have conversations with people who aren't there. I just keep telling them to get **** out of here. I hear my name being called from a distance but there is no one there. I'm walking a tight rope where if i fall off I will lose whats left of my sanity. The only thing that holds my sanity together is vodka, cigarettes and playing too much ark. My sense of time is severely distorted. An hour can pass in what seems only about 30 seconds to me. To add to the anxiety my father thinks I'm faking these things as a way to get sympathy and avoid working, but the only thing I want is to go back to work. Thanks for sharing yours and giving me somewhere to share mine. Peace be with you.

AKA Exterminator Walmartian, PS2/Genudine server

Eternal Beings
#3 Posted: 2017.06.09 02:00
TEBOW BAGGINS wrote:
PARKOUR PRACTIONER wrote:
Remember that time i said i wouldn't post about health issues/personal life anymore? I wouldn't have if i had not gotten a diagnosis recently.

I have a weird combination of neuropathy and complex regional pain syndrome called Erythromelalgia. It primarily affects my hands and feet, almost my whole body in the summer, dissipates a lot in cold weather.

Also have orthostatic intolerance, a mild version of POTS that also gets worse in the summer, dissipates a lot in cold weather. I'm happy to get answers but its still... weird.

But now I'm diagnosed i can get treatment! Big smile I've been looking at this for at least a year but I never actually thought I'd be right.


I feel your pain brother. I'm having severe anxiety related to having trouble finding work. I wake up from terrible nightmares. I scream and rant and threaten inanimate objects, simple things like a chair being out of place. Then I collapse from exhaustion on the energy spent. A ringing phone can scare the fk out of me.. I keep getting winded from simple tasks. My back will begin to ache and my skin will then tingle and feel like it's burning. My heart is pounding all the time. Sometimes I have conversations with people who aren't there. I just keep telling them to get **** out of here. I hear my name being called from a distance but there is no one there. I'm walking a tight rope where if i fall off I will lose whats left of my sanity. The only thing that holds my sanity together is vodka, cigarettes and playing too much ark. My sense of time is severely distorted. An hour can pass in what seems only about 30 seconds to me. To add to the anxiety my father thinks I'm faking these things as a way to get sympathy and avoid working, but the only thing I want is to go back to work. Thanks for sharing yours and giving me somewhere to share mine. Peace be with you.


That sucks. I'm also looking for work, but no one wants to hire an person with autism and fluctuating illnesses. I'd recommend a doctor, not a shrink. Mostly all they do is dope you up and send you home to deal with the horrible side effects.

There's nothing wrong with medication, if you get a good doc that actually cares and willing to think outside the box. Sounds like a mixed bag of generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks.

It's hard to function when everything feels like a threat. As for your dad i can't help you. Mine pops up every five years or so to tell my mother what a horrible person she is then disappears so...

Glad i could help. I vent here so i don't make everyone depressed. I can only think about my illnesses to a degree cause it's a long list.Lol

PSN SilentChaozz

Autistic with extreme chronic pain. Hey, it's a rare one!

Nos Nothi
#4 Posted: 2017.06.09 02:54
TEBOW BAGGINS wrote:
PARKOUR PRACTIONER wrote:
Remember that time i said i wouldn't post about health issues/personal life anymore? I wouldn't have if i had not gotten a diagnosis recently.

I have a weird combination of neuropathy and complex regional pain syndrome called Erythromelalgia. It primarily affects my hands and feet, almost my whole body in the summer, dissipates a lot in cold weather.

Also have orthostatic intolerance, a mild version of POTS that also gets worse in the summer, dissipates a lot in cold weather. I'm happy to get answers but its still... weird.

But now I'm diagnosed i can get treatment! Big smile I've been looking at this for at least a year but I never actually thought I'd be right.


I feel your pain brother. I'm having severe anxiety related to having trouble finding work. I wake up from terrible nightmares. I scream and rant and threaten inanimate objects, simple things like a chair being out of place. Then I collapse from exhaustion on the energy spent. A ringing phone can scare the fk out of me.. I keep getting winded from simple tasks. My back will begin to ache and my skin will then tingle and feel like it's burning. My heart is pounding all the time. Sometimes I have conversations with people who aren't there. I just keep telling them to get **** out of here. I hear my name being called from a distance but there is no one there. I'm walking a tight rope where if i fall off I will lose whats left of my sanity. The only thing that holds my sanity together is vodka, cigarettes and playing too much ark. My sense of time is severely distorted. An hour can pass in what seems only about 30 seconds to me. To add to the anxiety my father thinks I'm faking these things as a way to get sympathy and avoid working, but the only thing I want is to go back to work. Thanks for sharing yours and giving me somewhere to share mine. Peace be with you.

I hope you are able to get some help at some point. Mental health is way more complex than physical health, and because people can't see it on the surface, they think it doesn't exist or isn't important. The good news is that it you can get better, or at least manage the problem.

Best of luck to you!

Former CEO of the Land of the BIind.

Any double entendre is unintended I assure you.

Nos Nothi
#5 Posted: 2017.06.09 02:57
Congrats Park! Hopefully you can get a treatment figure out and get it all taken care of!

Former CEO of the Land of the BIind.

Any double entendre is unintended I assure you.

Eternal Beings
#6 Posted: 2017.06.09 05:14
One Eyed King wrote:

I hope you are able to get some help at some point. Mental health is way more complex than physical health, and because people can't see it on the surface, they think it doesn't exist or isn't important. The good news is that it you can get better, or at least manage the problem.

Best of luck to you!


So true! But I'd say it's about even if it overlaps. Anxiety from pain causes more anxiety and pain. And if your anxiety gets too badit can manifest into physical pain.

Whoever said pain is weakness leaving the body (physical/mental) can get fucked.

PSN SilentChaozz

Autistic with extreme chronic pain. Hey, it's a rare one!

Eternal Beings
#7 Posted: 2017.06.09 05:28
One Eyed King wrote:
Congrats Park! Hopefully you can get a treatment figure out and get it all taken care of!


I have some stuff in place kind of. It's hard to exercise when just standing up equals a 3 hour nap. Good thing i have exercise that i actually like.

Swimming (can't swim yet)
Skateboarding
Parkour Big smile
Riding bike
Walking
It would be football but
•Concussion
•I apparently tackle too hard
•I barely possess the ability to speedwalk. Or catch the ball. Or throw.Lol
• Do writhing in pain and making sarcastic comments count as exercise or just being a ****?Sad

PSN SilentChaozz

Autistic with extreme chronic pain. Hey, it's a rare one!

Eternal Beings
#8 Posted: 2017.06.09 05:28  |  Edited by: PARKOUR PRACTIONER
WHAT UP MY GLIP-GLOPS!

PSN SilentChaozz

Autistic with extreme chronic pain. Hey, it's a rare one!

#9 Posted: 2017.06.09 18:10
PARKOUR PRACTIONER wrote:
TEBOW BAGGINS wrote:
PARKOUR PRACTIONER wrote:
Remember that time i said i wouldn't post about health issues/personal life anymore? I wouldn't have if i had not gotten a diagnosis recently.

I have a weird combination of neuropathy and complex regional pain syndrome called Erythromelalgia. It primarily affects my hands and feet, almost my whole body in the summer, dissipates a lot in cold weather.

Also have orthostatic intolerance, a mild version of POTS that also gets worse in the summer, dissipates a lot in cold weather. I'm happy to get answers but its still... weird.

But now I'm diagnosed i can get treatment! Big smile I've been looking at this for at least a year but I never actually thought I'd be right.


I feel your pain brother. I'm having severe anxiety related to having trouble finding work. I wake up from terrible nightmares. I scream and rant and threaten inanimate objects, simple things like a chair being out of place. Then I collapse from exhaustion on the energy spent. A ringing phone can scare the fk out of me.. I keep getting winded from simple tasks. My back will begin to ache and my skin will then tingle and feel like it's burning. My heart is pounding all the time. Sometimes I have conversations with people who aren't there. I just keep telling them to get **** out of here. I hear my name being called from a distance but there is no one there. I'm walking a tight rope where if i fall off I will lose whats left of my sanity. The only thing that holds my sanity together is vodka, cigarettes and playing too much ark. My sense of time is severely distorted. An hour can pass in what seems only about 30 seconds to me. To add to the anxiety my father thinks I'm faking these things as a way to get sympathy and avoid working, but the only thing I want is to go back to work. Thanks for sharing yours and giving me somewhere to share mine. Peace be with you.


That sucks. I'm also looking for work, but no one wants to hire an person with autism and fluctuating illnesses. I'd recommend a doctor, not a shrink. Mostly all they do is dope you up and send you home to deal with the horrible side effects.

There's nothing wrong with medication, if you get a good doc that actually cares and willing to think outside the box. Sounds like a mixed bag of generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks.

It's hard to function when everything feels like a threat. As for your dad i can't help you. Mine pops up every five years or so to tell my mother what a horrible person she is then disappears so...

Glad i could help. I vent here so i don't make everyone depressed. I can only think about my illnesses to a degree cause it's a long list.Lol


Its cool, I talked to my sister last night and she said he understands.. Today I feel pretty normal. They gave me seroquel years ago but i only take half of it at night to put myself down. It keeps me asleep. The doctor is somewhat of a quack. He pushes seroquel and if I ask him for help during the day he just keeps chanting seroquel. He is out of touch with how the stuff works. It's basically modern lithium and I dont want to completely have no emotions or thoughts. It also gives you a stuffy nose during the day and too much it can give you muscle spasms.. I'm done trying to reason with him. My friend gives me a lorazepem here and there that helps but I'm careful with benzos because I had a bad addiction to them years ago.

AKA Exterminator Walmartian, PS2/Genudine server

#10 Posted: 2017.06.09 18:15
PARKOUR PRACTIONER wrote:
One Eyed King wrote:
Congrats Park! Hopefully you can get a treatment figure out and get it all taken care of!


I have some stuff in place kind of. It's hard to exercise when just standing up equals a 3 hour nap. Good thing i have exercise that i actually like.

Swimming (can't swim yet)
Skateboarding
Parkour Big smile
Riding bike
Walking
It would be football but
•Concussion
•I apparently tackle too hard
•I barely possess the ability to speedwalk. Or catch the ball. Or throw.Lol
• Do writhing in pain and making sarcastic comments count as exercise or just being a ****?Sad


Yea I need to skateboard again that kept me sane for years.. It kills my daytime anxiety but living alone i'm worried about injury because then I cant work. In the past I lived with other skaters so if one of us got injured the other would float them until they could get another job or return to work. Now if I get injured there's no one there to do that. I just got to chill and do old man tricks boneless and slides but it gets a little depressing not be able to do what i used to with it.

AKA Exterminator Walmartian, PS2/Genudine server

#11 Posted: 2017.06.09 18:19  |  Edited by: TEBOW BAGGINS
PARKOUR PRACTIONER wrote:
One Eyed King wrote:

I hope you are able to get some help at some point. Mental health is way more complex than physical health, and because people can't see it on the surface, they think it doesn't exist or isn't important. The good news is that it you can get better, or at least manage the problem.

Best of luck to you!


So true! But I'd say it's about even if it overlaps. Anxiety from pain causes more anxiety and pain. And if your anxiety gets too badit can manifest into physical pain.

Whoever said pain is weakness leaving the body (physical/mental) can get fucked.


yea i try to suppress the anxiety and it starts to make my muscles hurt my back specifically

what really gets to me is that I'm a good worker. i know hotel maintenance, i had guests begging me to have drinks with them after shifts, i still have guests who write to me. I never called in. I would help out the kitchen and cook and i did the meeting room setups and I drove the shuttle.

another problem is i think i get malnourished i go too long without food.. it probably cause a vitamin definciency and that probably effects my brain

i've considered getting medical THC card but i smoked for too long too much for it too be of any help i started too young which their now study says is not good. the thing that brings me some peace is to knockout a housefly remove a wing and watch some ants attack it lol

AKA Exterminator Walmartian, PS2/Genudine server

Forum Jump