The Locker Room

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

 

ps4 game surguestions

Author
Pug-Nus
#1 Posted: 2016.02.27 10:44
So due to the news of dust shutting down soon, I decided to purchase a ps4. But I'm struggling to find online shooter than hooks me "so to speak"
Any surguestions? Preferably one with some kind of leveling up system

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=213777&find=unread

Kameira Lodge
Amarr Empire
#2 Posted: 2016.02.27 16:42
planetside 2 is free download and is basically dust on steroids

fallout 4 you'll get your $60 worth

some people like warframe which is sort of a free destiny

warthunder is dog fighting and world of tanks just released also. warthunder sux tho because your on the same server as PC players/mouse and keyboard but it's also free 2 play

far cry primal is supposed to be pretty sick if you're not already burnt out on far cry gameplay because they said the gameplay is basically exactly the same as the previous far cry except it's a caveman setting

there's No Mans Sky in developement but we're gonna have to wait to see if it lives up to it's hype which is an extremely ambitious
concept

i wish i would have just built gaming PC tho, they have all kinds of cool games and seem to have a lot more creative freedom and indy companies. console is not breaking out of any mold currently it's just more particles and light effects unless no mans sky is actually worth AF, my DS4 broke and i have to motivation to fix it at this time.

u can ban the troll out of the forums but u can't ban the forums out of the troll.

forum warrior .189

Pug-Nus
#3 Posted: 2016.02.28 20:32
Zirzo Valcyn wrote:
planetside 2 is free download and is basically dust on steroids

fallout 4 you'll get your $60 worth

some people like warframe which is sort of a free destiny

warthunder is dog fighting and world of tanks just released also. warthunder sux tho because your on the same server as PC players/mouse and keyboard but it's also free 2 play

far cry primal is supposed to be pretty sick if you're not already burnt out on far cry gameplay because they said the gameplay is basically exactly the same as the previous far cry except it's a caveman setting

there's No Mans Sky in developement but we're gonna have to wait to see if it lives up to it's hype which is an extremely ambitious
concept

i wish i would have just built gaming PC tho, they have all kinds of cool games and seem to have a lot more creative freedom and indy companies. console is not breaking out of any mold currently it's just more particles and light effects unless no mans sky is actually worth AF, my DS4 broke and i have to motivation to fix it at this time.

I'll give planet side 2 a try looks good but quiet large, got fallout 4 for £30 and loving it, making some questionable discussions on it XD

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=213777&find=unread

Corrosive Synergy
RUST415
#4 Posted: 2016.02.28 22:49
Zirzo Valcyn wrote:

some people like warframe which is sort of a free destiny

Except better, much. much better.
Corrosive Synergy
RUST415
#5 Posted: 2016.02.28 23:02
Suggestions*
Shining Flame
Amarr Empire
#6 Posted: 2016.02.29 23:55
Planetside 2 is ok for a free game. It's not amazing and has a lot of the same problems Dust did. If you can afford it check out The Division or Black Ops 3. That or get a PC instead and join the Counter Strike: GO community like I did.
Kameira Lodge
Amarr Empire
#7 Posted: 2016.03.03 02:42
Genral69 death wrote:
Zirzo Valcyn wrote:
planetside 2 is free download and is basically dust on steroids

fallout 4 you'll get your $60 worth

some people like warframe which is sort of a free destiny

warthunder is dog fighting and world of tanks just released also. warthunder sux tho because your on the same server as PC players/mouse and keyboard but it's also free 2 play

far cry primal is supposed to be pretty sick if you're not already burnt out on far cry gameplay because they said the gameplay is basically exactly the same as the previous far cry except it's a caveman setting

there's No Mans Sky in developement but we're gonna have to wait to see if it lives up to it's hype which is an extremely ambitious
concept

i wish i would have just built gaming PC tho, they have all kinds of cool games and seem to have a lot more creative freedom and indy companies. console is not breaking out of any mold currently it's just more particles and light effects unless no mans sky is actually worth AF, my DS4 broke and i have to motivation to fix it at this time.

I'll give planet side 2 a try looks good but quiet large, got fallout 4 for £30 and loving it, making some questionable discussions on it XD

yea i stopped PS2 to play fallSims 4, my settlers need more weapons

u can ban the troll out of the forums but u can't ban the forums out of the troll.

forum warrior .189

Nos Nothi
#8 Posted: 2016.03.03 02:53
I don't think there are any really good shooters for the PS4 right now (or any system really). I hear Rainbow Six could be pretty good.

Overwatch looks promising however.

Former CEO of the Land of the BIind.

Any double entendre is unintended I assure you.

Kameira Lodge
Amarr Empire
#9 Posted: 2016.03.03 02:58
One Eyed King wrote:
I don't think there are any really good shooters for the PS4 right now (or any system really). I hear Rainbow Six could be pretty good.

Overwatch looks promising however.

only hope is no mans sky, but same over ambition as dust was, same kind of over hype, we can only wait and see..

"dude... NDA bro.. dont disclose the secrets of dust beta, some other company might steal their ideas" /rollseyes

u can ban the troll out of the forums but u can't ban the forums out of the troll.

forum warrior .189

Dead Man's Game
Preatoriani
#10 Posted: 2016.03.05 10:05
Batman Arkham Knight is to me the best ps4 game I've played so far.. but that's not a shooter.

Destiny is really good, it'll hook you up a month or 2 and you'll like it for sure. It's really well designed, the gameplay is smooth and intuitive and the univers is large and wide enough that you don't get bored too soon. Only drawback, once you've accomplished all missions, there's not much left to do.

Warframe is really different from destiny, not the same gameplay at all but a very good one as well. It has a huge variety of warframes with different gameplays and lots of weapons, all customizable and upgradable. It can hook you up for a pretty long time if you enjoy it ^^

Uncharted 4 looks very promising. The beta is open this week end if you wanna try !

I personnally hated planetside 2 onpc and LOVED it on ps4. Playing with a controller actually brings the fight to CQC and it's so much more interesting. You have to fix your own goals to keep playing the game. And if you're motivated enough, it is REALLY enjoyable.
The #1 cons of this game is that you'll get the best fights only at certain moments of the day and week.

I've heard good and bad stuffs about Blacklight Retribution but never tried it myself.

Killzone shadow fall has a good solo and a decent multiplayer if you want to experience a different kind of FPS, slower that most twitch shooters but still pretty intense.

No Man's Sky is a game I'll get on PC for the much better performances it'll have, and damn it'll for sure be good!

The far cry series are great games and you should play 3 & 4 if you haven't done it yet. Seems like Primal is good too.

That's my list of FPS/TPS here! Ps4 desperatly needs MOAR, but they are all really different and good in their way ;)

"I hope we don't have vehicles [in Nova] simply so we don't have to deal with the people who drive them." -Ripley Riley

Ikomari-Onu Enforcement
Caldari State
#11 Posted: 2016.03.28 09:28
Genral69 death wrote:
So due to the news of dust shutting down soon, I decided to purchase a ps4. But I'm struggling to find online shooter than hooks me "so to speak"
Any surguestions? Preferably one with some kind of leveling up system


The Battleborn beta beings 8th April... if I owned a PS4, this would be top of my list.


Destiny is (was) good, but seemed a bit pointless. You spend months grinding, then they raise the light level in the next update. I have 95% of Exotics so gave up a month ago and unistalled.


I've just started Far Cry 3 on PS3 and really enjoying it, so could be a while before a bother with a new console.

Twitter @ablerober / PSN jfg_5

KILL-EM-QUICK
Rise Of Legion.
#12 Posted: 2016.04.02 20:27
I have BF4 premum edition. 64 players of pure action= explosions everwhere LOL.

I have the same username on ps4 so add me.
Will download Planetside 2 later. I deleted the game because it was confusing for new players (me). Gonna play some dust later after a 5 month break.

Judge my muscle content then I'll judge you by your Half Marathon time. Never underestimate runners - "Jim"

Kameira Lodge
Amarr Empire
#13 Posted: 2016.05.02 22:26
Will be getting back online this month. If you play Terran republic on planetside I have a beast galaxy/drop ship. Will post some vid of it here soon it was flying for hours at a time before I had to quit playing due to unployment. I have full upgrades of turrets and air frame. It's a pretty straight forward op- bomb infantry and shoot down fighters.

u can ban the troll out of the forums but u can't ban the forums out of the troll.

forum warrior .189

Bacon with a bottle of Quafe
#14 Posted: 2016.05.03 19:06
Zirzo Valcyn wrote:
Genral69 death wrote:
Zirzo Valcyn wrote:
planetside 2 is free download and is basically dust on steroids

fallout 4 you'll get your $60 worth

some people like warframe which is sort of a free destiny

warthunder is dog fighting and world of tanks just released also. warthunder sux tho because your on the same server as PC players/mouse and keyboard but it's also free 2 play

far cry primal is supposed to be pretty sick if you're not already burnt out on far cry gameplay because they said the gameplay is basically exactly the same as the previous far cry except it's a caveman setting

there's No Mans Sky in developement but we're gonna have to wait to see if it lives up to it's hype which is an extremely ambitious
concept

i wish i would have just built gaming PC tho, they have all kinds of cool games and seem to have a lot more creative freedom and indy companies. console is not breaking out of any mold currently it's just more particles and light effects unless no mans sky is actually worth AF, my DS4 broke and i have to motivation to fix it at this time.

I'll give planet side 2 a try looks good but quiet large, got fallout 4 for £30 and loving it, making some questionable discussions on it XD

yea i stopped PS2 to play fallSims 4, my settlers need more weapons

They, also, need your help. Here, I'll mark it on your map.

Ratchet and Clank

Dark Souls 3

Scouts United

Gk.0s & Quafes all day.

#15 Posted: 2016.05.05 21:49
While its mostly PVE, I definitely recommend Warframe.

There is just something so satisfying in cutting an enemy in half, or shooting their head til it explodes.


There is PVP, but it gets a bit complicated with all he parkour, still has plenty of people playing though.


A heads up though, it is a grindy game, you don't really notice it so much at first because you have so much to do, but later when you are basically leveling weapons just o get the mastery points you will notice it.


The last thing I want to add is that every single thing in the game can be gotten for free, while some will take longer than others and there isn't a weapon that takes less than 12 hours to build but the resource grind really isn't that bad. And the game most certainly isn't P2W, you can only buy cosmetics or rush build times with platinum. (warframe's aurum)

Okay maybe my recommendation is a little late.What?
Eternal Beings
#16 Posted: 2016.05.09 09:48
InFAMOUS Second Son is a good open world game but not a shooter. Not as good as the second InFAMOUS but it seems to try to accomplish a gray area.

Blacklight is alright (better then PS2).

PS2 is very OK but you don't feel like you've accomplished anything.

^^ Haz grinding systems.

Rachet & Clank are constantly on my radar.

God Eater series is a personal favorite as well as FF Type-0 if your into RPG types. HOWEVER, if you have watch the anime first, things will confuse you. Fill in the blanks with God Eater Burst. The Dyaus Pita is hilariously OP in the anime, in Burst it's mostly a Pain-In-The-Ass to fight.

PSN SilentChaozz

Autistic with extreme chronic pain. Hey, it's a rare one!

GHETTOSTAR GALACTICA
#17 Posted: 2016.05.09 18:24
XANDER KAG wrote:
While its mostly PVE, I definitely recommend Warframe.

There is just something so satisfying in cutting an enemy in half, or shooting their head til it explodes.


There is PVP, but it gets a bit complicated with all he parkour, still has plenty of people playing though.


A heads up though, it is a grindy game, you don't really notice it so much at first because you have so much to do, but later when you are basically leveling weapons just o get the mastery points you will notice it.


The last thing I want to add is that every single thing in the game can be gotten for free, while some will take longer than others and there isn't a weapon that takes less than 12 hours to build but the resource grind really isn't that bad. And the game most certainly isn't P2W, you can only buy cosmetics or rush build times with platinum. (warframe's aurum)

Okay maybe my recommendation is a little late.What?

Probably has the best graphics I've seen on ps4. Also the sound of an enemy behind me caused me to jump in my seat one time which hasn't happened in years
Forum Jump