Features and Ideas Discussion

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

3 PagesPrevious page123Next page
 

[Proposal] Pilot Suits

Author
The Hundred Acre Hood
#21 Posted: 2015.12.20 17:23
Kallas Hallytyr wrote:
Shamarskii Simon wrote:
f Rattati changed the knockback effect by swarms, the variable exists... just what is it named??

Impulse effect, I think?


Maybe... hmm
#22 Posted: 2015.12.23 22:06  |  Edited by: Apoleon II
Or maybe a big buff, but you spawn in the vehicle and die in your vehicle, and be unable to have a weapon or modules or equip, this idea is pretty simple,....., but is better than a wallpaper patch *cough* warlord.....

Sorry for my bad english :$ Port dust, ps5 next gen

#23 Posted: 2015.12.23 22:10
And maybe a vehicle skin after a certain number of kills using the vehicle.......

Sorry for my bad english :$ Port dust, ps5 next gen

The Hundred Acre Hood
#24 Posted: 2016.01.05 03:03  |  Edited by: Shamarskii Simon
Bumpity bump.

I've decided that this should be an actual proposal -- that's a work in progress w/ other people!
Negative-Feedback.
Negative-Feedback
#25 Posted: 2016.01.05 03:21
Noted
Serris Inc
#26 Posted: 2016.01.13 01:54  |  Edited by: maybe deadcatz
Question. How would these bonuses apply themselves?
Is it when you click to call for a vehicle and it comes delivered with the stat bonuses? Because getting into a tank and suddenly have the armour suddenly increase is weird.

And what about changing pilot suits at a depot while you have a tank out already?

Just some issues I want to address.

And what of the slot layout for these suits? The number of slots? The layout for each race? Will you give the ability to only equip vlms(those vehicle modules) or can they also equip standard dropsuit modules like a biotic or armour plate?

And what about their weapons? Should pilot suits only be allowed to equip a sidearm? Or one light weapon? Would they be allowed to have a grenade? And how about equipment slots? Do they get only one? Or none at all?
Edit:just thought bumping this was better than that turret qq thread.

Am ded.

Praetoriani Classiarii Templares
#27 Posted: 2016.01.13 03:00
Shamarskii Simon wrote:
THEAMAZING POTHEAD wrote:
We already have a problem where too many skills and sp are required for tanks that virtually every bit of, even every single small turret fitting optimization 5, is required for vastly superior tank survivability. Its about 55-60mil for everything, and thats combined with 1.3mil isk tanks, that lose hard to heat sinked rails, all the bajillions of commandos, super powerful AV grenades, and officer spam with alldins and kubos.
We just need to reduce the SP and isk of tanks for christ sake, and add the pilot suits of course, but keep away from more modules.
Keep it simple-adress the problems-make it viable to run tanks all the time by keeping a correlation between effectiveness and cost. Cus right now tankings way too unbelievably expensive for being less effective that a STD AR on an infantry suit


Can you explain what you're saying please? I don't quite understand what you're getting at :D


I disagree with him.

The vehicle SP tree is small, non specific, and overly simplified. It was a vastly more enjoyable and expansive skill tree to work with Pre 1.7 where Shield and Armour Adaptions provided passive resistances, each tank had its own unique operations skill and marauder operation skill, and many more modules were employed with each of those modules have a skill attached to its operation.

Waves that dye the land gold. Blessed breath to nurture life in a land of wheat. A path the Sef descend drawn in ash.

The Hundred Acre Hood
#28 Posted: 2016.01.13 03:40  |  Edited by: Shamarskii Simon
I'll reply in bold...
maybe deadcatz wrote:
Question. How would these bonuses apply themselves?
Is it when you click to call for a vehicle and it comes delivered with the stat bonuses? Because getting into a tank and suddenly have the armour suddenly increase is weird.

No, it's not like that... Ideally yeah that would be nice... But a few problems come up, like someone with a pilot suit calls in a vehicle for a non-pilot user. Non pilot gets the pilot's benefits w/o the suit.

Sure having the eHP suddenly jump up will feel weird but... It's the trade off for "active" skill application.




And what about changing pilot suits at a depot while you have a tank out already?

Definitely possible! Once you hop out, you strip the vehicle of the pilot suit's bonuses... Just like if you hop out of a turret, you strip the turret of your turret skills.


Just some issues I want to address.

And what of the slot layout for these suits
i was thinking scout-esque... But if that has any issues then it's open for discourse!

The number of slots? above
layout for each race? above
Will you give the ability to only equip vlms(those vehicle modules) or can they also equip standard dropsuit modules like a biotic or armour plate?
Any module you'd like. It is a dropsuit after all! The only difference (similar to cloak on scout) is a role bonus towards VLM fitting.

And what about their weapons? Should pilot suits only be allowed to equip a sidearm? Or one light weapon? Would they be allowed to have a grenade? And how about equipment slots? Do they get only one? Or none at all?

that's a tough one. Some would say sidearm only, others would say sure light weapon.

Grenade.......... I want to say no. But it depends on the majority :D

Yes equipment! Just 1 though...


Edit:just thought bumping this was better than that turret qq thread. Thanks! Imma go check out the qq right now lol. Free to ask any questions/Critique whenever you'd like
The Hundred Acre Hood
#29 Posted: 2016.01.13 03:48
True Adamance wrote:
Shamarskii Simon wrote:
THEAMAZING POTHEAD wrote:
We already have a problem where too many skills and sp are required for tanks that virtually every bit of, even every single small turret fitting optimization 5, is required for vastly superior tank survivability. Its about 55-60mil for everything, and thats combined with 1.3mil isk tanks, that lose hard to heat sinked rails, all the bajillions of commandos, super powerful AV grenades, and officer spam with alldins and kubos.
We just need to reduce the SP and isk of tanks for christ sake, and add the pilot suits of course, but keep away from more modules.
Keep it simple-adress the problems-make it viable to run tanks all the time by keeping a correlation between effectiveness and cost. Cus right now tankings way too unbelievably expensive for being less effective that a STD AR on an infantry suit


Can you explain what you're saying please? I don't quite understand what you're getting at :D


I disagree with him.

The vehicle SP tree is small, non specific, and overly simplified. It was a vastly more enjoyable and expansive skill tree to work with Pre 1.7 where Shield and Armour Adaptions provided passive resistances, each tank had its own unique operations skill and marauder operation skill, and many more modules were employed with each of those modules have a skill attached to its operation.


I'm no tank pilot but...
Seeing how straight forward skills are for vehicles... You're pretty much a jack of all trades for the vehicle tree.

To prove a point:

I've only spent about... 25-30mil specifically for ADS. That's including Python 5, Incubus 5, and ADS 5 (5+ mil right there alone)

This includes almost all of the vehicle upgrades to 5 (scanner, mCRU, damage mods, and armor augmentation are the only not 5 ones)

... To go into tanks i just need to shell out 2.3 mil SP + 3-5 mil in large turrets.

(proves it is "small, non specific, etc" )
Serris Inc
#30 Posted: 2016.01.13 05:12  |  Edited by: maybe deadcatz
Shamarskii Simon wrote:
I'll reply in bold...
maybe deadcatz wrote:
Question. How would these bonuses apply themselves?
Is it when you click to call for a vehicle and it comes delivered with the stat bonuses? Because getting into a tank and suddenly have the armour suddenly increase is weird.

No, it's not like that... Ideally yeah that would be nice... But a few problems come up, like someone with a pilot suit calls in a vehicle for a non-pilot user. Non pilot gets the pilot's benefits w/o the suit.

Sure having the eHP suddenly jump up will feel weird but... It's the trade off for "active" skill application.




And what about changing pilot suits at a depot while you have a tank out already?

Definitely possible! Once you hop out, you strip the vehicle of the pilot suit's bonuses... Just like if you hop out of a turret, you strip the turret of your turret skills.


Just some issues I want to address.

And what of the slot layout for these suits
i was thinking scout-esque... But if that has any issues then it's open for discourse!

The number of slots? above
layout for each race? above
Will you give the ability to only equip vlms(those vehicle modules) or can they also equip standard dropsuit modules like a biotic or armour plate?
Any module you'd like. It is a dropsuit after all! The only difference (similar to cloak on scout) is a role bonus towards VLM fitting.

And what about their weapons? Should pilot suits only be allowed to equip a sidearm? Or one light weapon? Would they be allowed to have a grenade? And how about equipment slots? Do they get only one? Or none at all?

that's a tough one. Some would say sidearm only, others would say sure light weapon.

Grenade.......... I want to say no. But it depends on the majority :D

Yes equipment! Just 1 though...


Edit:just thought bumping this was better than that turret qq thread. Thanks! Imma go check out the qq right now lol. Free to ask any questions/Critique whenever you'd like


On the sidearm or light weapon debate. I'm all for pilot suits only having one weapon. If they get a sidearm then let them have a equipment slot.
If the plan is for them to have only a light weapon then take away the equipment slot and let them have a grenade.

As long as they have two ways of dealing damage then it'll be fine(ish)
Sidearm paired with equipment slot(can use remotes or nanohives to replenish ammo for sidearm)
Light weapon paired with grenade(you can have a plasma cannon/swarm and av grenades but won't be able to replenish them on the field)

^stops people from running full av loadouts^

Have you decided on their base values as well? Suit hp,ehp,speed,ewar?

Am ded.

The Hundred Acre Hood
#31 Posted: 2016.01.13 20:18  |  Edited by: Shamarskii Simon
Suit HP....

I've thought about a just between logi and scout of that race.. Higher eHP, weaker eWar stats.

Actually! Sidearm + equipment makes a lot of sense.

You're main weapon is the vehicle... Equipment because you can support your team (them amarr logi's dropping links all over) if you're fully fit for vehicles you'll barely have eHP to be vehicle-less.

Therefore!

Light + Equip.
Or sidearm + 2 equip.
Serris Inc
#32 Posted: 2016.01.20 16:25
Put this potato up to the top. Op is on to something,don't let it die.

Am ded.

The Hundred Acre Hood
#33 Posted: 2016.01.24 17:32
Shameless self bump to the top of the board :D
0.P.
#34 Posted: 2016.01.27 05:14
maybe deadcatz wrote:
Shamarskii Simon wrote:
I'll reply in bold...
maybe deadcatz wrote:
Question. How would these bonuses apply themselves?
Is it when you click to call for a vehicle and it comes delivered with the stat bonuses? Because getting into a tank and suddenly have the armour suddenly increase is weird.

No, it's not like that... Ideally yeah that would be nice... But a few problems come up, like someone with a pilot suit calls in a vehicle for a non-pilot user. Non pilot gets the pilot's benefits w/o the suit.

Sure having the eHP suddenly jump up will feel weird but... It's the trade off for "active" skill application.




And what about changing pilot suits at a depot while you have a tank out already?

Definitely possible! Once you hop out, you strip the vehicle of the pilot suit's bonuses... Just like if you hop out of a turret, you strip the turret of your turret skills.


Just some issues I want to address.

And what of the slot layout for these suits
i was thinking scout-esque... But if that has any issues then it's open for discourse!

The number of slots? above
layout for each race? above
Will you give the ability to only equip vlms(those vehicle modules) or can they also equip standard dropsuit modules like a biotic or armour plate?
Any module you'd like. It is a dropsuit after all! The only difference (similar to cloak on scout) is a role bonus towards VLM fitting.

And what about their weapons? Should pilot suits only be allowed to equip a sidearm? Or one light weapon? Would they be allowed to have a grenade? And how about equipment slots? Do they get only one? Or none at all?

that's a tough one. Some would say sidearm only, others would say sure light weapon.

Grenade.......... I want to say no. But it depends on the majority :D

Yes equipment! Just 1 though...


Edit:just thought bumping this was better than that turret qq thread. Thanks! Imma go check out the qq right now lol. Free to ask any questions/Critique whenever you'd like


On the sidearm or light weapon debate. I'm all for pilot suits only having one weapon. If they get a sidearm then let them have a equipment slot.
If the plan is for them to have only a light weapon then take away the equipment slot and let them have a grenade.

As long as they have two ways of dealing damage then it'll be fine(ish)
Sidearm paired with equipment slot(can use remotes or nanohives to replenish ammo for sidearm)
Light weapon paired with grenade(you can have a plasma cannon/swarm and av grenades but won't be able to replenish them on the field)

^stops people from running full av loadouts^

Have you decided on their base values as well? Suit hp,ehp,speed,ewar?

Honestly I think giving them Grenades is a ridiculous idea. A pilot suit should be for Piloting, not hopping out of your sica with a Kubo's and Lai Dai's.

I'm Git Gud and I'm a Dust addict. I've been clean for 6 months.

0.P.
#35 Posted: 2016.01.27 05:24
Shamarskii Simon wrote:
Suit HP....

I've thought about a just between logi and scout of that race.. Higher eHP, weaker eWar stats.

Actually! Sidearm + equipment makes a lot of sense.

You're main weapon is the vehicle... Equipment because you can support your team (them amarr logi's dropping links all over) if you're fully fit for vehicles you'll barely have eHP to be vehicle-less.

Therefore!

Light + Equip.
Or sidearm + 2 equip.

I'd support 1 sidearm 1 equipment, anything else would be excessive, You'd be amazed at how many kills some of us could get with just a Breach Scrambler Pistol and a set of RE's. The Pilot suit should be survivable enough for you to get back to safety and call in another vehicle, not survivable enough to be useful as infantry.

I'm Git Gud and I'm a Dust addict. I've been clean for 6 months.

The Hundred Acre Hood
#36 Posted: 2016.01.27 06:43
Git Gud Bruh wrote:
Shamarskii Simon wrote:
Suit HP....

I've thought about a just between logi and scout of that race.. Higher eHP, weaker eWar stats.

Actually! Sidearm + equipment makes a lot of sense.

You're main weapon is the vehicle... Equipment because you can support your team (them amarr logi's dropping links all over) if you're fully fit for vehicles you'll barely have eHP to be vehicle-less.

Therefore!

Light + Equip.
Or sidearm + 2 equip.

I'd support 1 sidearm 1 equipment, anything else would be excessive, You'd be amazed at how many kills some of us could get with just a Breach Scrambler Pistol and a set of RE's. The Pilot suit should be survivable enough for you to get back to safety and call in another vehicle, not survivable enough to be useful as infantry.


Good point! The suit should not be useful as an infantry suit (in other words, terrible for infantry work) but primarily as a vehicle suit.

I'll update the OP in the morning
Canadian Kings
#37 Posted: 2016.01.27 09:35  |  Edited by: tritan abbattere
I want this to be a thing to make vehicles more interesting.DO IT NOW CCP!!

I am the all mighty Tritan. Fear me for I am a MassHole

Fatal Absolution
#38 Posted: 2016.01.28 02:42
Old fogies bump.

99% of what Derrith says is stupidity. -D3lta Blitzkrieg

Bittervet ADS pilot, redheads are hot.

The Hundred Acre Hood
#39 Posted: 2016.01.31 07:25
Bump (I know you're looking at this Archduke, we know you're the coolest. Now talk to Rattati and make this a thing.)

Proto-stomp? More like Militia Stomp!

Horizons' Edge
#40 Posted: 2016.02.01 07:17
Just so you know, you have the full support of a certain dead cat. And his merry band of alter egos.

It is I! Maybe deadcatz!

3 PagesPrevious page123Next page
Forum Jump