Announcement and Events

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

3 Pages123Next page
 

Help us in Other Contracts

Jump to first DEV post
Author
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 Posted: 2015.08.13 09:49  |  Edited by: CCP Frame
Dear Mercenaries,

We are running some testing battles (in the EU region) under Other Contracts to collect performance data for our future work, we really appreciate if you can spare some time to join us to help with the test.

Those battles will occur at 10:00 GMT and last for a while.

Please reply to this post and let us know the following:
1. Battle name you played (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc).
2. The country and city you are playing from, and the character name that played that battle.
3. Did you feel any obvious framerate drops? If so, please provide some details.
4. Did you feel any obvious latency issues (rubber banding)? If so, provide some details.
5. Did you meet any other weird issues you didn’t see before? If so, provide some details.

Many thanks for your help!

All the best,
The DUST Team
ROGUE RELICS
#2 Posted: 2015.08.13 09:51
would you like for us to record some of our matches?
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 Posted: 2015.08.13 09:55
DeathwindRising wrote:
would you like for us to record some of our matches?


No problem, and we'd like you to try whatever you would do in a battle for us to gain more knowledge about things.

(also we bring this forward a bit, it'll happen before DT)

Thanks in advance :)

a passionate developer

C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 Posted: 2015.08.13 09:58
CCP Bigbird wrote:

Those battles will occur at 6:00 pm and last for a while.


10:00 am EVE time.

a passionate developer

Otherworld Enterprises Dust Control
Otherworld Empire Productions
#5 Posted: 2015.08.13 10:03
CCP AquarHEAD wrote:
CCP Bigbird wrote:

Those battles will occur at 6:00 pm and last for a while.


10:00 am EVE time.

Uhh? So you're saying right now or 18 EU time?

Bit confusing there but hopefully will be some matches when EU players actually get home tonight to still play...
#6 Posted: 2015.08.13 10:13
Nifty. I'll hop on with my capture card.

Any details on stuff we should be looking for specifically apart from general performance? Changes that have been made?

(Former) CPM2 Representative for Dust 514 and Project Nova

C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 Posted: 2015.08.13 10:14
Aeon Amadi wrote:
Nifty. I'll hop on with my capture card.

Any details on stuff we should be looking for specifically apart from general performance? Changes that have been made?


Latency and FPS, and check if anything (in-battle) might broken (although I don't think it will)

a passionate developer

#8 Posted: 2015.08.13 10:25
Please reply to this post and let us know the following:
1. EU Test 1st
2. United States, Lake Charles, Louisiana
3. No noticeable framerate drops.
4. So much rubber banding it was simply unplayable. Weapons wouldn't reload properly, rifle would overheat well after it was supposed to, damage was not being applied to enemies.
5. Sidearm pulled itself out at some point and refused to switch back to primary weapon.

Holy ****ing god what did you guys do to the poor hamsters O.o????? That was comparable to PC lag right from the spawn screen.

Video will be posted here once it is done uploading.

Is this the expected behavior? If so I'll give it another shot but you guys should totes give us some kind of warning before we drop into that Lol

(Former) CPM2 Representative for Dust 514 and Project Nova

C C P
C C P Alliance
#9 Posted: 2015.08.13 10:30
Aeon Amadi wrote:
Please reply to this post and let us know the following:
1. EU Test 1st
2. United States, Lake Charles, Louisiana
3. No noticeable framerate drops.
4. So much rubber banding it was simply unplayable. Weapons wouldn't reload properly, rifle would overheat well after it was supposed to, damage was not being applied to enemies.
5. Sidearm pulled itself out at some point and refused to switch back to primary weapon.

Holy ****ing god what did you guys do to the poor hamsters O.o????? That was comparable to PC lag right from the spawn screen.

Video will be posted here once it is done uploading.

Is this the expected behavior? If so I'll give it another shot but you guys should totes give us some kind of warning before we drop into that Lol


The server is in EU region, should expect some ping from other parts around the world, but definitely not that much, we made a 2nd one, please try, thanks in advance!

a passionate developer

Corrosive Synergy
#10 Posted: 2015.08.13 10:56
I'll do Anything for the sake of the game CCP

You wan sum?

Closed beta vet

Your friendly french pilot

Corrosive Synergy
#11 Posted: 2015.08.13 11:38  |  Edited by: DR FEB
CCP Bigbird wrote:
Dear Mercenaries,

We are running some testing battles (in the EU region) under Other Contracts to collect performance data for our future work, we really appreciate if you can spare some time to join us to help with the test.

Those battles will occur at 10:00 GMT and last for a while.

Please reply to this post and let us know the following:
1. Battle name you played (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc).
2. The country and city you are playing from, and the character name that played that battle.
3. Did you feel any obvious framerate drops? If so, please provide some details.
4. Did you feel any obvious latency issues (rubber banding)? If so, provide some details.
5. Did you meet any other weird issues you didn’t see before? If so, provide some details.


Battle number 3
From Nice,France
no framerate drops
no rubber banding
Audio glitch where i heard RR noises when no one around
Also my gun disappeared for a sec whilst throwing grenades

Game 4
shots not registering
slight frame loss
rubber banding on some players
game 5
All fine,
vehicles are good too

You wan sum?

Closed beta vet

Your friendly french pilot

0.P.
#12 Posted: 2015.08.13 11:44
1.battle 3
2. Glenpool, Oklahoma united states devjo88
3.no framerate drops
4.no rubber banding issues
5.no weird occurrences
Worked pretty well no lag on the lag facility for a first.

efforts and courage are not good enough without purpose and direction

C C P
C C P Alliance
#13 Posted: 2015.08.13 11:45
DR FEB wrote:

Audio glitch where i heard RR noises when no one around
Also my gun disappeared for a sec whilst throwing grenades


Do these also happen on other battles? Or only happen on these test ones? Do these happen near the very start of the game?

a passionate developer

C C P
C C P Alliance
#14 Posted: 2015.08.13 11:49
We need 32 players to have a full battle in order to have meaningful data, anyone care to join?
OTHER CONTRACTS -> EU Test 4th
Corrosive Synergy
#15 Posted: 2015.08.13 11:54
CCP AquarHEAD wrote:
DR FEB wrote:

Audio glitch where i heard RR noises when no one around
Also my gun disappeared for a sec whilst throwing grenades


Do these also happen on other battles? Or only happen on these test ones? Do these happen near the very start of the game?



These happened only in these battles near mid-late game

You wan sum?

Closed beta vet

Your friendly french pilot

D3ATH CARD
RUST415
#16 Posted: 2015.08.13 12:02  |  Edited by: DrPsychologistics
1. Battle 4
2. Rural Kentucky, U.S., DrPsychologistics
3, 4, 5. Absolutely no problems on my end. Hit detection seemed solid. FYI I just installed an SSD in my super slim PS3 a few weeks ago, in case that's important. Hope these tests help fix these issues! Thanks for arranging them, CCP. Also, I didn't join battle until we were down to half MCC armor. I think there's a theory that joining battle late improves performance, so yeah. o7
Obscure Reference
#17 Posted: 2015.08.13 12:11  |  Edited by: Juno Tristan
1.Battle 5
2.Australia, Brisbane
3. No obvious framerate issues
4.Yes, I struggled to fire the plasma cannon a few times
5.No weird issues

I'll upload to youtube and post the link - Dust 514 - Other Contracts EU Battle 5

But more importantly I am loving the lack of matchmaker!
#18 Posted: 2015.08.13 12:13
1. EU Test 2
2. US, Lake Charles, Louisiana
3. No framerate issues
4. One or two latency hiccups, much better than the first match. Weird corpse physics at 2:45 in the video.
5. For some reason the audio in my recordings is off - I don't think this has to do with Dust 514 and my capture device probably just needs to be reset but I felt it was worth noting as it's sort of frustrating to watch in the videos.

(Former) CPM2 Representative for Dust 514 and Project Nova

Affectionate Moon Warmth Gentle Earth
#19 Posted: 2015.08.13 12:16  |  Edited by: DJIPS
1. 5th
2. Kanazawa city, Ishikawa prefecture, Japan. DJIPS
3. nothing
4. nothing
5. nothing

I am always annoyed lagging at EU server, but this time I play very comfortable. Its amazing !

this vid

Japanese DUST and EVE player. At EVE, I belong to Caladrius Alliance.

Nos Nothi
#20 Posted: 2015.08.13 12:22
3 Pages123Next page
Forum Jump