Intergalactic Summit

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

3 PagesPrevious page123Next page

The Tribal Spear (OC hangout)

Author
The Warlords Legion
#21 Posted: 2015.08.14 03:47
Jonny noticed Junko's friend, Kyoko, and couldn't help but stare. He had never before meet a Caldari woman he found attractive. He had to have her.

He turned to the drone waiter and quickly ordered a shot of whiskey, downed it, then smoothed hisbhair and straightened his coat. He also went as far as taking off his aviators, revealing a pair of dark blue eyes.

He walked up to Kyoko, smiled and said, "Mrs Jun-Mai, you have a created a lovely establishment. The atmosphere is so rich and vibrant. However the beauty of this place dulls in comparison to yourself.

"Oh, where are my manners," he said, extending his hand, "Jonny Demetrious Buelle."

Retired Duster

Sentinel

Lord of Scrubs

Eskola Ergonomics
#22 Posted: 2015.08.14 08:09  |  Edited by: Galm Fae
By now Galm was finishing off his fourth mochi and was looking at the bottom of his third mojito that night. The atmosphere of the bar was pleasant enough, and though he urged himself not to eavesdrop it seemed like his fellow immortals were having a grand time of the bar's launch. Galm gave only a grunt of affirmation to himself when he overheard the conversation between Kador and the young Satja.

So the choir boy is doing well for himself? Good, good for him.

He considered, for a moment or two, turning around to offer a toast in celebration or at the very least acknowledge the immortal since their mission in Snowfall but... The time wasn't right. He suspected that neither was willing to mention what they had set in motion, not in the least in the presence of his Matari cohort.

Whatever.

He picked up his fifth rice cake as he waited for the liquor-bot to make it's rounds once again, eager for another drink to wash down the sickeningly sweet bean past and his own bittersweet memories. Maybe he should... Make conversation? It had been a while since he'd gotten a drink with others. Snowfall didn't count, he was just playing the role that he needed to fill. Pixy was outgoing in front of others, and didn't mind butting into other's conversations for the sake of his own self importance.

Galm on the other hand was a mystery to himself. He supposed if anyone could grant insight into his character it would be Niina, but she had found herself traveling on business once again and Fae had been unwilling to bother her with an invitation into Minmatar space. Not that he needed Niina to have fun anyway.

I'm serious, he told himself, I don't need them to have a good time without making an ass of myself. I don't need Niina, I don't need Morgan, and I don't need frakking Mobius.

His fourth drink arrived just in time for him to chase the thought down. With a deep sight he picked up the lime garnish on top and slipped the whole rind into his mouth, his teeth grinding on the raw peel. He sat there grimacing at his table, staring at his plate until a young woman took a seat next to him. She tilted her head and smiled cheerfully, her face hidden behind a large pair of designer shutter shades.

"This spot taken handsome?"

Galm sneered painfully, swallowing the lime wedge on reflex as he recoiled at her voice. It was piercing but damnably familiar to the point that he instantly knew that he had made a mistake coming here.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck," he sighed, sliding his mochi plate to the girl next to him as she broke out into a series of snorty giggles and claimed one for herself. Her nose crinkled ever so slightly as the young miss Eskola-Fae pulled of her glass so her eyes met Galm's.

"What, you aren't excited I'm here? Is there a girl in the bathroom you were about to bring back to your warship? Did I **** block you? I'm so sorry!"

"Niina, I look like ****."

"Galm," her voice adding a matter-of-fact emphasis, "There is very little you could do to yourself th--"

"No, no, Niina, you're a businesswoman now. You don't wanna be seen with your beatneck husband in a bar for soldiers. Besides, you're suppose to be on business!"

"Galm," that matter-of-fact tone growing even more bold, "Maybe you've forgotten but you made me one of you guys. I was invited here as a fellow immortal, and I came. And maybe you've forgotten, but we also have a secondary storehouse that we use for weapon replication on a Boundless station. I am here on business, and I'm meeting with my clients. You know, the big scary soldiers that might buy our weapons. Now shut up, arvumaa, you're whole image problem isn't sexy at all."

Galm groaned loud enough to carry through the bar, clearing the desert off his plate and using the saucer as a mirror to fix his hair before adjusting his posture and shooting a pained glance at Niina. She looked different now than when they first met. She was slightly taller now and more... Full? Her tattoos were also absent, along with her heterochromia and the bulk of the genetic illnesses she had since birth. Her body was still unmistakable Niina, but far more dignified and beautiful than when he first caught glimpse of her. He didn't think it could be possible, but she somehow made herself even more gorgeous.

Ironic, considering how amendment she was that Galm never made and rash cosmetic adjustments to his own clone.

"So... What would you have me tell the booze-droid my dear?"

"Have them bring me an Amarr Victor. And so help me ancestors, if it isn't mixed right I'm going to get behind that counter and make it my own gods damned self."
Concordiat Mercenaries
#23 Posted: 2015.08.15 20:47  |  Edited by: Robert Conway
As Joshua Conway awoke in his leisure clone, he heard her voice.

“So what do you want to do today?” asked Adenine

“Well we could catch another Thukker Caravan. Those pancakes of theirs were pretty good. What do you say?” replied Josh.

“They were good. But…. I felt like everyone there was staring at us. Like they had never seen an immortal before.”

“Oh come on, you are just imagining things. But if you don’t want to go that’s fine. We could stay in station and watch some movies. We’d only have to kill a couple days before we head back to Gallentean space.”

“Blek… I want to go have fun. This is as close to a vacation as we’ve gotten for a while. Accepting contract, chasing leads, killing pirates, plus some other stuff in between. Look, I want to find her as much as you do, but I also want to forget my nightmares, even for just a few hours.”

Josh sighed. “Alright, what did you have in mind?”

“Well…. I was snooping through your chat room logs and I…”

“YOU WHAT?!”

“Oh relax. You sure do have some interesting conversations with some interesting characters. A Pixy Highball? A Death’s Door? That is some serious sh¡t, Josh. I think I need to talk to you later about that,” she said with a concerned face. “Anyway, I saw a thread about this new café opening up called the Tribal Spear. It’s immortal friendly and in our area. So, can we go? Please?”

“Ugh….”

“PLEEEAAASSSEEEEE!!!!!”

“Yes, yes, yes! Fine! Go grab your coat and your Ion Pistol,” caved in Josh doing the same.

Before leaving he grabbed a pair of glasses and a watch. Lastly, he put a small headset in his right ear.

As the pair left the station quarters Josh spoke into the headset.

“Irina, get a shuttle ready with the coordinates to the Tribal Spear,” commanded Josh.

“Yes, sir. I see you two are finally going out to have some fun,” replied Josh’s A.I.

“No, Irina, I’ll probably be the only one having fun. He’ll probably be worried about an impending attack the whole time,” laughed Adenine.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The flight was short but nauseating. Josh never felt safe in Minmatar ships. He always feared they would break apart mid-flight.

“For the love of God… I’m glad the duct tape held together,” he said.

As they approached the establishment Adenine had a large smile on her face, while Josh had a grimace. He kept wondering just how ‘immortal friendly’ this place was.

The interior was nice, but nowhere near as nice as some places near his home in Gallentean space. But nevertheless, his grimace disappeared. The Caldari and Minmatar influences in the place somehow blended so well, and it felt very home-ie, and comforting. One thing bothered him though, and he went up to the mortal bartender.

“Uhm… excuse me. I’m sorry to bother you, but…. Where are all the other immortals?” he said meekly.

The bartender smiled and shook his head as he pointed to the elevator doors in the back of the café.

“Oh… Thank you,” said Josh with an embarrassed look on his face.

The two made their way to the elevator and were stopped by the bouncer.

“Evening folks. I’m going to have to ask you both for your Ion Pistols,” said the bouncer pointing to their weapons.

“What? Why? How am I supposed to know that someone in there who might have a grudge against me doesn’t have a weapon!” said Josh in a stern voice.

The bouncer smiled and shook his head, opening up the small armory of other guests’ weapons for Josh to see.

“Oh…. Thank you,” said Josh, handing over his and Adenine’s pistols, firmly placing his face in his palm.

“It’s ok,” said Adenine to the bouncer laughing hysterically. “I’ll take care of him.”

Josh used the elevator ride down to the VIP room to recoup and pull himself together.

“You owe me for this, Adi.”

“I know, thank you. Just try to relax and have fun.”

As the doors slid open, he saw many faces. None that he knew, of course, due to the fact that if he HAD seen them, they had a grey fetus face at the time.

Josh tapped on his glasses, activating a small camera in them. “Irina, who’s here?”

Irina activated her facial recognition software, cross-referencing the faces to pictures on the Net.

“It seems there are four immortals here whom you have spoken to, one of which you encountered personally,” reported Irina. “Names you would recognize, True Adamance, Galm Fae, and Hunter Junko who recently suggested your last visit to a Thukker Caravan. The last is Jonny D Buelle, whom you encountered during….”

“Thank you, Irina,” said Josh, cutting off Irina on the last person.

Adenine’s eyes opened. “Wait, Jonny? Isn’t he the one you met during…”

“Yes…”

“And didn’t he and his team capture…”

“Yes!”

“And didn’t his daughter…”

“YES, ADENINE! YESSSSSSS! Now enough!” said Josh, visibly disturbed as he recalled what happened.

“Sorry. Let’s go get a drink.”

The two made their way over to the bar where Galm was sitting with another female, whom he could only guess was his wife Niina.
Galm Fae wrote:

Niina Fae wrote:
"Have them bring me an Amarr Victor. And so help me ancestors, if it isn't mixed right I'm going to get behind that counter and make it my own gods damned self."

"I'll have the same," said Adenine to the droid, smiling at Niina.

"And give me a smooth Spiced Rum and Quafe please," said Josh. "Galm, oyin hova nahui uka. (Galm, its good to see you.) Adenine, this is Galm Fae and his wife Niina, if I am correct. We've never met in person, but we've had a few conversations in some chat rooms on the Net."

Josh extended his hand towards Galm

Yassavi Approved. -Aero Yassavi

Praetoriani Classiarii Templares
#24 Posted: 2015.08.16 03:30
Thal Vadam wrote:

Thal smiled a little " Ashalaitasten Kador...."

He looked around the place. It was nice, especially considering it was a place for his kind. He'd spent too long among prideful Holders and arrogant Capsuleers. He took one glance at Junko.

"...I suppose I just wanted to be among other soldiers... No more bastard Capsuleers today..."

Kador shrugged ambivalently clapping the heavy set Templar on the shoulder as if to reassure him that perhaps somehow this place might be different. He well knew Thal had spent much of his time amongst the regional holders in the galactic east of the Empire, their territories bordering on the low security regions of Devoid and The Bleak Lands.

For all their nobility and graces Kador misliked Holders and their ilk, he could rightly understand why their politics and machinations might have upset a traditionalist soldier like those who comprised the Vadam family.

"Then forget them brother the Empire won't fall apart while I buy you a drink." He said jokingly, gesturing for the deceptively older warrior to follow him back to the tables. " Or do you feel like nursing that broken heart some more? Come on over and sit with us."

Waves that dye the land gold. Blessed breath to nurture life in a land of wheat. A path the Sef descend drawn in ash.

Corrosive Synergy
RUST415
#25 Posted: 2015.08.17 04:45
Viktor was laying in his rather confining resting area when he received a poorly timed Neocom message from his favourite Matari immortal, Hya'salia, about some new joint called The Tribal Spear.

Viktor let out an irritated grunt before rising, forgetting about the metal above his head and paying in pain as his head slammed against the metal that surrounded his bedding on all sides with the exception of his left, which is where he exited and entered the bedding.

"Argh, too used to the old home..." He sighed, remembering his old quarters, consisting of an open bed with silk pillows and a bar of his own. He missed the old place, but ever since the incident, he could not return.

"Well, it looks as if I have somewhere to go now, perhaps..." He started thinking. "Well, I better get ready."

Viktor began to dress himself, black cargo jeans, a dark blue shirt, and the orange and black jacket given to him by someone very special to him. He ran his hand through his messy, dark brown hair, allowing it to fall into it's usual place.

He arrived, accompanied by a female of Gallente decent. He stopped to look around and figured he would go to the VIP area.

"You are neither Amarr, Caldari, Gallente nor Minmatar as long as you inhabit these premises."

There are so many ways that could be taken offensively. Viktor thought as he passed the sign to enter the building.

Upon entering, Viktor recognized quite a few people. Thal, Kador, Hya'stalia, Jonny and Galm being the most notable. Deciding it best to greet Hya'stalia first, he, along with his female counterpart, made their way towards the Matari immortal.

"Good evening, Hya'stalia, let me introduce you to Solantu." He motioned to the Gallentean female, now known as Solantu.
Sebiestor Field Sappers
Minmatar Republic
#26 Posted: 2015.08.17 05:23
Jonny D Buelle wrote:
Jonny noticed Junko's friend, Kyoko, and couldn't help but stare. He had never before meet a Caldari woman he found attractive. He had to have her.

He turned to the drone waiter and quickly ordered a shot of whiskey, downed it, then smoothed his hair and straightened his coat. He also went as far as taking off his aviators, revealing a pair of dark blue eyes.

He walked up to Kyoko, smiled and said, "Mrs Jun-Mai, you have a created a lovely establishment. The atmosphere is so rich and vibrant. However the beauty of this place dulls in comparison to yourself.

"Oh, where are my manners," he said, extending his hand, "Jonny Demetrious Buelle."

"Ahh, Mr. Buelle, a pleasure to make your acquaintance" Kyoko replied, taking in his hand. in her mind she was mildly enthused about the colors of Jonny's eyes. though heavy in drink and clear signs of mental fatigue given the abnormal stress most soldiers go through, she cant help but feel this man one of focused determination.

"i dont suppose you to be the son of an old contact, one "Mac" perhaps? i cant help but notice the eyes" Kyoko asked. for now its perhaps wise to poke around a bit, look for anything else interesting. she took the conversation in a seat alongside Her old friend, sitting down in a matter as polite as possible, using her free hand to slide her glasses in place.

"Pw'svavitlo?" she quietly asked to Hya'salia, in Fluent Thukker.

"Your asking the wrong person Sweetie" Hya'salia replied with a smile as she merely shrugged her shoulders, noticing Viktor appear from the elevator, alongside with him was A gallentean named Solantu, whom they had met.

sir RAVEN WING wrote:

"Good evening, Hya'stalia, let me introduce you to Solantu." He motioned to the Gallentean female, now known as Solantu.

"Ahh Viktor, D'weu. and welcome Solantu to our hardcore org- *ahem*, i mean our humble establishment " hya'salia joked as she took a sip from her Quafe.

gotta have it to him, he made a fine catch Hya'salia noted as she stood up and outstretched her free hand outwards towards another friendly face.

"So, how's life been treating you so far Viktor?" she said as the drone approached the Viktor and his date and made its introduction.
Eskola Ergonomics
#27 Posted: 2015.08.17 05:43  |  Edited by: Galm Fae
Robert Conway wrote:

The two made their way over to the bar where Galm was sitting with another female, whom he could only guess was his wife Niina.
Galm Fae wrote:

Niina Fae wrote:

"I'll have the same," said Adenine to the droid, smiling at Niina.

"And give me a smooth Spiced Rum and Quafe please," said Josh. "Galm, oyin hova nahui uka. (Galm, its good to see you.) Adenine, this is Galm Fae and his wife Niina, if I am correct. We've never met in person, but we've had a few conversations in some chat rooms on the Net."

Josh extended his hand towards Galm

Galm grimaced, eyeing Niina for approval as if he were unsure if it was the proper response when communicating with others. With a forced smile and nod from her, his loose grip tightened before at last making eye contact with Conway.

"Saisa," he replied cautiously, "I believe we have spoken in the past, yes. It's an honor to make your acquaintance this evening. You would be correct my friend this is my--"

He paused for a moment. Wife. That word seemed so abstract. So absolute. As if their marriage had meant anything more to the other than yet another business transaction. They loved each other dearly, that much was certain. The night he wed himself to Niina and they spoke their vows under that raging storm on Caldari Prime was one of the happiest moments of his life, rivaled only by the unlikely survival of a friend he had thought dead. But the idea of marriage, to rely on a legally binding promise to honor and protect the other for all time, seemed so bitter and disenchanting than maintaining a close and loving relationship through sure force of will alone.

And to call her his wife. He couldn't help but huff to himself as he eyed her there, lifting her cocktail to her nose to smell the rose bud floating in the top of her glass before becoming painfully aware of how long of a pause Galm had already taken. Wife. Wife was... Inaccurate. Wives were mothers, homemakers... Abha "Firn" Fae. Mother of Galm Fae. Wife of Falken Fae. That felt right. But Niina was... She was different.

Their lifestyle was fundamentally different from what Galm was born into. They traveled appart so there was never any need for a homemaker, and Niina had long since been incapable of having children. She wasn't a wife... Not in the since that Galm had always expected. She was more like his--

"Partner, Niina."

She scowled at him, removing the rose bud from her drink before downing the entirty of her cocktail in a single swig before slamming the glass against the bar.

"A pleasure."

She rolled her eyes for a moment before taking off her leather coat to reveal a grey and white tank top underneith, her forarms adorned with a variety of leather bracelets and rapidly appearing nanotattooes.

Oh no, Galm lamented to himself, She... She turned on her ink. Why did she turn on her ink? Was it somethin-- Oh. Oh no.

"Actually," she began, her geometric tattoos fast appearing like they had been cloaked this entire time, "Why ruin perfectly good whiskey with Quafe? How about I buy us the best gods damn bottle in this building and we can drink the whole damn thing right here right now?"
Corrosive Synergy
RUST415
#28 Posted: 2015.08.17 05:45
Hya'stalia wrote:
"Ahh Viktor, D'weu. and welcome Solantu to our hardcore org- *ahem*, i mean our humble establishment " hya'salia joked as she took a sip from her Quafe.

gotta have it to him, he made a fine catch Hya'salia noted as she stood up and outstretched her free hand outwards towards another friendly face.

"So, how's life been treating you so far Viktor?" she said as the drone approached the Viktor and his date and made its introduction.

"Very well, things have been picking up and I've met this little lady." He smiled, turning to Solantu for but a moment before turning back.

"Very happy we were able to make it here." Solantu said, looking around partly in awe, and partly with paranoia. Something about the place offset her sense of peace, but she could not figure out what it was.

"Yes, we are. I'll take a cup of Quafe, and Solantu here would have..."

"An Amarr Victor." She replied.
Concordiat Mercenaries
#29 Posted: 2015.08.17 08:26  |  Edited by: Robert Conway
Galm Fae wrote:
"Saisa," he replied cautiously, "I believe we have spoken in the past, yes. It's an honor to make your acquaintance this evening. You would be correct my friend this is my--"

"Partner, Niina."

Niina Fae wrote:
She scowled at him, removing the rose bud from her drink before downing the entirty of her cocktail in a single swig before slamming the glass against the bar.

"A pleasure."

She rolled her eyes for a moment before taking off her leather coat to reveal a grey and white tank top underneith, her forarms adorned with a variety of leather bracelets and rapidly appearing nanotattooes.

"Actually," she began, her geometric tattoos fast appearing like they had been cloaked this entire time, "Why ruin perfectly good whiskey with Quafe? How about I buy us the best gods damn bottle in this building and we can drink the whole damn thing right here right now?"
“Actually it wasn’t Whiskey and Quafe, it was Spiced Rum and Qu…” started Josh.

“Sir! I am highly versed in body language. Right now Niina is very aggravated, and disagreeing with a pissed off Caldari female would be… unwise…” Yelled Irina in Josh and Adenine’s headsets.

“Uhmm… You know what, strait Whiskey sounds just fine,” finished Josh with wide, semi-fearful eyes.

He shot a quick glance at Galm. “Oh dear… I’ve started something… bad… I hope he forgives me for this someday…” thought Josh.

“Yeah, and… uhm… I could use something a little stronger than an Amarr Victor I… uhm… I suppose,” added Adenine.

“But I insist, please let me buy…” started Josh.

“SIR!” shouted Irina.

“I… uhm… I mean… thank you for your generosity…” said Josh, correcting himself.

If only Niina didn’t speak Napanii. Josh wanted to tell Galm how sorry he was. He had faced immortals on the battlefield, but not in this environment. He had very rarely ever been in a situation quite like this.

Thoughts rushed through Josh’s head. “Why the hell couldn’t they have taught us proper social skills in the academy… Damn I could really use a stress reliever… By the looks of it so can Galm. Perhaps I should offer to smash a Pixy Highball in his face for him…”

Yassavi Approved. -Aero Yassavi

The Warlords Legion
#30 Posted: 2015.08.17 09:08
Jonny smiled slightly and ordered another beer and a plate of sauage and mash. He then gave Viktor a salute with his beer before turning to Kyoto.

"How curious," he said to Kyoto, "my father would have mentioned working with a Caldari, especially if it's not Slim. Unless of course you are Slim but decided to switch to a ravishingly beautiful woman," he said the last part jokingly.

"Then again, my father is a private man, didn't know about his part in the business till years after I met him. Hell it was only two months ago did he tell me where to find my daughter. Dirty old bastard has too many secrets for my liking."

Retired Duster

Sentinel

Lord of Scrubs

Vherokior Combat Logistics
Minmatar Republic
#31 Posted: 2015.08.17 20:00
Satja smiled politely and waved as Kyoko introduced herself to their small group though kept quiet for the most part as she began to speak with Jonny. She was partly amused and partly intrigued by Jonny's advances and even more so by how positively Kyoko seemed to respond to them. Whether this was a natural even handed grace or a genuine interest she did not know.

Next to her Junko began to speak and two more newcomers added their voices to the growing crowd of immortals. She glanced up noting another Caldaria, this time a male, with a Gallentean woman, classically pretty in their naturally photographic way. She lamented how ungainly she felt among the others. They all seemed to stand out in their own way.

"I'll have an Amarr Victor as well, please." She said to the serving drone as it passed by the table with a deep sigh. ".... a couple of Chestwounds as well."

The drinks were served quickly, an Amarr victor and three small glasses of the Chestwound mix, and turned to the Viktor and Solantu after draining one of the glasses. "Hi....." She stammered feeling rather uncomfortable. "I'm... Satja... it's a pleasure to meet you both."
Corrosive Synergy
RUST415
#32 Posted: 2015.08.17 20:15
The first to respond to Satja was Solantu. "Greetings, I'm Solantu. It is a an honour to meet you, Satja." She smiled, attempting to ease Satja, whom was obviously uncomfortable, perhaps even nervous. "This is my partner, Viktor." With this Viktor turned, a bit embarrassed to have not responded to Satja.

"Apologies, Satja, I wasn't paying attention. I'm Viktor, although you might know me as Raven, as I am commonly referred to as. Good to finally meet you regardless." He spoke as if he had heard of her often. "You are accompanied by Kador, I would expect. Correct?"
Vherokior Combat Logistics
Minmatar Republic
#33 Posted: 2015.08.17 21:26  |  Edited by: Satja Askarin
The name sounded familiar though at the time she couldn't place it. She was more familiar with the callsign Raven than she was the name Viktor though she supposed that was to be expected. Most empyreans rarely bothered to integrate themselves into the almost cult fandoms and wide spread celebrity their exploits usually garnered, notable exceptions existed in Galm Fae but the man had put an end to that personally. Avid fans usually compiled any and all information that could be found about the lives of capsuleers and soldiers like Viktor on Galnet message boards and fansites, amongst other more perverse examples of art and fan fictions.

She was a personal fan of Junko like thousands of others across the cluster who avidly followed the Diaries occasionally posted. For a fan base Junko's was relatively well behaved however a number of those who wrote fanfictions, ones she had covertly bookmarked in her NeoCom about the crew of the Se'terra, often shattered the boundaries of what would have been acceptable for a young student of the Ammatar University to be reading.

She couldn't place the soldier by his appearance so why did Viktor's callsign of Raven sound so familiar? She dismissed the questions with a mental shrug, sipping at the Amarr Victor cocktail as it appeared on the table.

"Viktor and Solantu. How lovely." She said, her natural Siebestor intonations heavily accented with Amarrish after three and a half years, blushing slightly. No one should have heard of her, she was a relative nobody by comparison to the assembled clones. ".... you sound like you know me. Have we met somewhere before? Forgive me if we have."
Corrosive Synergy
RUST415
#34 Posted: 2015.08.17 21:45
Satja Askarin wrote:
The name sounded familiar though at the time she couldn't place it. She was more familiar with the callsign Raven than she was the name Viktor though she supposed that was to be expected. Most empyreans rarely bothered to integrate themselves into the almost cult fandoms and wide spread celebrity their exploits usually garnered, notable exceptions existed in Galm Fae but the man had put an end to that personally. Avid fans usually compiled any and all information that could be found about the lives of capsuleers and soldiers like Viktor on Galnet message boards and fansites, amongst other more perverse examples of art and fan fictions.

She was a personal fan of Junko like thousands of others across the cluster who avidly followed the Diaries occasionally posted. For a fan base Junko's was relatively well behaved however a number of those who wrote fanfictions, ones she had covertly bookmarked in her NeoCom about the crew of the Se'terra, often shattered the boundaries of what would have been acceptable for a young student of the Ammatar University to be reading.

She couldn't place the soldier by his appearance so why did Viktor's callsign of Raven sound so familiar? She dismissed the questions with a mental shrug, sipping at the Amarr Victor cocktail as it appeared on the table.

"Viktor and Solantu. How lovely." She said, her natural Siebestor intonations heavily accented with Amarrish after three and a half years, blushing slightly. No one should have heard of her, she was a relative nobody by comparison to the assembled clones. ".... you sound like you know me. Have we met somewhere before? Forgive me if we have."

"I believe we have, although I can not recall exactly when. Galnet I believe." He mentioned. "I do not expect many to remember short periods of conversation, which also included Mr. Buelle. It would seem his advances have fallen to another." He mentioned, motioning to the Caldarian female Jonnny spoke to. "I am not certain, but we may have crossed paths while I traveled New Eden in the craft of a capsuleer, a Merlin to be exact. I usually was exchanged recipies and listening to the stories of the natives."

Solantu took a sip of her Amarr Victor before pitching into the subject. "Kador would be your partner, I assume?" She had very little knowledge of what Kador looked like, acted like, and the such, but she had found mentions of him before. She would assume he was the Amarrian whom was not identified as Thal Vadam.

She had only recognized Thal Vadam due to Viktor's vivid descriptions of the man. The two must have had some sort of friendship between them, as how Viktor seemed to refer to him as Thal, instead of 'Mr. Vadam' like he would a stranger.
#35 Posted: 2015.08.17 23:55  |  Edited by: True Adamance
Kador waited several moments for some indication his friend would speak sighing and reclining back into the upholstery of his chair to enjoy the ambient music suffusing the restaurant when no such gesture came. He looked out absently across the open VIP section of the Tribal Spear perhaps for the first time truly noticing the homeliness of the establishments caldari-matari architectural fusion. Though he greatly admired the attention to detail his people espoused in their aesthetics there was something about the stark practicality and modern designs that he suspected would appeal to all cloned soldiers like him.

He traced a finger across the lip of his glass using the condensation forming to draw oddly concentric designs on the iridescent black table top, barely paying any heed to the designs. A companionable silence extended out between Thal and Kador. Very little needed to be said as the Udorian was already aware of the circumstances surrounding Thal's apparent malaise.

God.... he wondered to himself, completing barely completing a third ring, the condensation immediately evaporating. Was that what I always looked like. No wonder....

Kador rose slowly without a word. Perhaps Thal would join them when he felt ready.

Navigating the restaurant now was easier said than done. Half a dozen small serving drones buzzed between the aisles formed by the tables entrusted with chilled glasses containing all manner of exotic looking liquids. The dull hum of their anti-gravity thrusters pulsed irregularly as they set drinks down upon their designated tables. The occasional baseline waiter too carried in plates of food and set them down. He noted with that his own food was not amongst it, Rockjaw always did take a little longer to prepare than other seafoods.

As walked he took time to glance around the newcomers. Some he knew, others were unfamiliar to him.

The familiar dark tousled hair and gaunt features of Galm were immediately recognisable alongside those of Niina. He barely recognised the woman, her nano-tattooes flashing. It was as if someone had taken her features and refined them with a fine brush. He grimaced slightly unsure of how to feel, she was decidedly more attractive now if you liked 'flawless'.

The others he did not know. Next to Galm and Niina a youth perhaps several years his junior and a blonde haired girl who looked more like a stereotypical heiress than a soldier sat chatting amongst themselves, while back at his table Satja seemed to be in conversation with an odd pairing, a Caldarian and Gallentean.

sir RAVEN WING wrote:

Solantu took a sip of her Amarr Victor before pitching into the subject. "Kador would be your partner, I assume?" She had very little knowledge of what Kador looked like, acted like, and the such, but she had found mentions of him before.

Interested he skirted the table noting how things seemed to be progressing between Jonny and Kyoko and slipped in next to Satja as carefully as he could. Poor woman, he thought to himself taking one of the remaining Chestwounds ignoring Satja's protests, she has no idea.

He turned his attentions back to the conversation at hand.

"Y-yes.... he is. We're.... sort of dating now." She stammered, embarrassed to be saying it out loud again.

Standing next to her he cut a rather striking figure. At a little over six feet in height he stood taller than most Amarrians and was decidedly more broad shouldered in a manner that reflected that his muscular build was one built up through rigid exercise regimes. He had a wide face with the classically sculpted Athran features he'd inherited through his Udorian bloodline. It was rare to find families in the Empire that could still trace a meaningful heritage back to the ancient city states that had been the first ethnicity enslaved by the Amarr. He tucked a few unruly locks of mid-length obsidian black hair behind one ear revealing emerald green eyes beneath delicate eyebrows, a strong nose and jaw lined with a thin layer of stubble.

"That's always pleasant to hear Little One." He said softly leaning in close over her shoulder. She started suddenly causing Kador to step back rubbing his chin. "Perhaps... next time you go with the kiss instead."

"Sorry Ka.... you just startled me is all." She said apologetically before gesturing to the pair. "Solantu and Viktor."

Kador shook his head with a chuckle then turned to Solantu and Viktor extending a hand as he leaned around Satja. His eyes narrowed slightly as they came to rest of Viktor, a slight spark of recognition cross his face. " Pleasure miss and to y-..... I know you don't I?"

Waves that dye the land gold. Blessed breath to nurture life in a land of wheat. A path the Sef descend drawn in ash.

Corrosive Synergy
RUST415
#36 Posted: 2015.08.18 02:49
"An honour." Solantu responded.

"Yes, you do. We've had quite a few run-ins in the past, Kador. Nice to see a few familiar faces though, and finally to be in the presence of the elusive Satja." Viktor joked before taking a swig of his hot Quafe. "Now, it seems you two have finally decided to publicly declare that you are both each other's partners, very good for you, although I can imagine Jonny shall be slightly let down." Again, he joked. "Well, how has your life been faring thus far, Kador?"
Sebiestor Field Sappers
Minmatar Republic
#37 Posted: 2015.08.18 03:47
Jonny D Buelle wrote:
Jonny smiled slightly and ordered another beer and a plate of sauage and mash. He then gave Viktor a salute with his beer before turning to Kyoto.

"How curious," he said to Kyoto, "my father would have mentioned working with a Caldari, especially if it's not Slim. Unless of course you are Slim but decided to switch to a ravishingly beautiful woman," he said the last part jokingly.

"Then again, my father is a private man, didn't know about his part in the business till years after I met him. Hell it was only two months ago did he tell me where to find my daughter. Dirty old bastard has too many secrets for my liking."

"ahh please, im just a simple Ex-capsuleer, Buelle. though i do appreciate the flattery" Kyoko remarked, pausing to give off a good smile.

"She already likes you already Jonny" Hya'salia Said aloud, causing Kyoko to shoot her a small glare.

'Damn you and your sneaky...
' She thought as Hya'salia picked up a datapad and began reading through its contents.

"another favor?" Hya'salia asked.

"if you want to take it. simple enough for a few million ISK" Kyoko replied as Hya'salia began skimming the details, the cheerful, positive demeanor vanished, slowly replaced by a look of focus. she got up and moved to a holodisplay, pulling up a 3D image of the Caldari Myron, and began studying the datapad more intently

meanwhile the waiter Drone stopped in from of Kyoko, the mood derailed slightly, but for her it was a good time to ask for a drink.

"Unit 5, Kaalakiota Tea please"

"Yes, Ma'am"

" In regards to your father though, it might be safe to say that Business deals are often kept strictly towards most invovled parties, mostly for professional reasons " Kyoko noted as she received a cup of Tea from the drone. Without pausing to let it cool she took a sip of the hot brew, letting it warm the lining of her stomach before looking at Buelle, looking at him intently.

"perhaps the man was afraid; here you are, an immortal. here he is, a typical mortal, regardless of social standing, and here we have your daughter, missing for most of your life until one day, poof" she outstretched her hands in a small gesture of a explosion.

"thats about as much as i can say "
The Warlords Legion
#38 Posted: 2015.08.18 07:54
Jonny took a drink of his beer and smiled to himself as Hya'salia teased Kyoko. When she spoke of his father and his daughter, he stiffened a bit and his smiled slightly faded from his face. He then stroke his rough beard and leaned back in his chair slightly.

"It is a bit strange. My daughter and her mother disappeared from my life years ago and I have not heard from them since. Then my daughter, all grown up, appears and she isn't the sweet innocent dancer I remember. Something is wrong with her, something I can't put my finger on.

"Then there is the deal with my father. He told me nothing for years, then he confirms that this, woman, was my daughter. He did not tell me where to find her nor why she turned out the way she did. The only person who I trust that can tell me is Cale, but that gold sh*tting Amarrian bastard is 'sworn to secrecy'."

He paused and turned to Thal and Kador and said, "No offense to you gold sh*tters."

He turned his beer in his hands and was lost in thought until his wristcomp beeped and lit up, indicating he received a message. He opened it up, read it quickly, then deleted it. He then reached into his jacket and pulled out a cigar. Before lighting it he turned to Kyoko and asked, "You don't mind if I smoke in here, do you?"

Retired Duster

Sentinel

Lord of Scrubs

Eskola Ergonomics
#39 Posted: 2015.08.18 09:06
Robert Conway wrote:

“Uhmm… You know what, strait Whiskey sounds just fine,” finished Josh with wide, semi-fearful eyes.

“Yeah, and… uhm… I could use something a little stronger than an Amarr Victor I… uhm… I suppose,” added Adenine.

“But I insist, please let me buy…” started Josh.

“I… uhm… I mean… thank you for your generosity…” said Josh, correcting himself.

Any fear or discomfort that Conway may have displayed was utterly lost on Niina, who had already grown impatient at the speed of the waiter drone and was attempting to work her way behind the bar counter. She crinkled her nose up at the selection of spirits availible, contemplating exactly what she could do with such a selection.

Partner. Partner. Partner.

The word rang in her head like a gunshot, rising and fading with a painful throbbing as she tried to shake it from her thoughts. Partner. Was that all she was to him? No, no she knew that couldn't be. For all the time the two had spent apart and for all the times he had hurt her, she knew how much he loved her. It was something else, something that she couldn't understand that seemed to eat at Galm from the inside and prevent him from opening up to her. It might seem childish, but at the end of the day Galm was only a child. At twenty six years of age Niina was already nearly four years older than Fae, though their matured clones never showed any hint of how young they truly were.

He'd change. Sooner or later he would have to grow up and accept that the two of them were wed adults. Efficient, productive, monogamous adults willing to work as equals to make a better life for the other. But days like today made such a time seem tragically far away, and Niina could only cope with his angst for so long before it began to draw out the young hellion in her as well.

Partner. Let's see how ambivalent you are of our marriage once I'm servicing every immortal in this damned place.

In the calm, rational part of her brain she knew that this little tantrum was ridiculous and would probably ruin any chance she had of making this public appearance a productive one for Eskola Ergonomics. But honestly? She had never intended it to be. Ever since Galm's trip to Tenal he had been tragically distant in his work, and she had only every wished for a chance to grab his attention again.

Besides, she liked it when he got protective.

"Eh, hey Junko-haani?" she muttered over her shoulder loud enough for the immortal to hear, "Would it be okay if I used your bar for the evening?"

"Saam saam, saam saam saalya. Mikya arvumaa akteia!"

> --The ghost of a cynic--

#40 Posted: 2015.08.18 22:31  |  Edited by: True Adamance
sir RAVEN WING wrote:
"An honour." Solantu responded.

"Yes, you do. We've had quite a few run-ins in the past, Kador. Nice to see a few familiar faces though, and finally to be in the presence of the elusive Satja." Viktor joked before taking a swig of his hot Quafe. "Now, it seems you two have finally decided to publicly declare that you are both each other's partners, very good for you, although I can imagine Jonny shall be slightly let down." Again, he joked. "Well, how has your life been faring thus far, Kador?"

Kador shrugged in a relaxed manner.

"It's busy. Far too busy." He admitted, his voice conveying a very tangible fatigue. " I've recently taken up a position reorganising and instructing the alliance's reclaimed Kameira subigo's for security detail and peacekeeping work. It's enjoyable enough but frustrating sometimes.....many have adopted poor habits having been owned by foreigners. Between training these men and women, regional patrols of the Bleak lands, providing personal security services to two different Holderships, and trying to maintain a personal life...... I just keep thinking life would be easier if there were two of me, or a dozen more trained soldiers."

Beside him Satja began to laugh.

"What?" Kador asked curiously.

"I don't think you'd find anyone else quite like you..... at least I'm pretty sure no one else can be as insufferably miserable as you can at times." She explained between paroxysms of laughter as she tried to reassert control over herself. " Two of you would probably cause some kind of cataclysmic singularity or natural disaster through sheer force of gloominess."

She began laughing all over again when Kador grunted back a response. She barely even noticed when he finished the last Chestwound returning the glass to the table with a sharp report as the glass struck the unidentifiable material of the table top.

"In the end I'll live. It's not a bad life and I rather enjoy my work especially with the need for skilled peacekeepers and rescue personnel in the Empire now more than ever..... but I don't mean to be grim. What of you Mr..... Revon?" He guessed at the name.

((Edit: If you wonder why I have attached a picture of Brandon Routh to this post it's because I imagine Kador looking like him. Oddly enough I had no idea who he was until a week ago..... it's also something of an inside joke as all of my EVE portraits of Kador end up looking like Amarrian Clark Kent's..... so I figured I'd just embrace it.))

3 PagesPrevious page123Next page