DUST 514 Technology Lab

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

SDE Search - Web Application to search the SDE.

Author
Fatal Absolution
Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
#1 Posted: 2015.06.15 22:22  |  Edited by: THUNDERGROOVE
Hi.

I absolutely loved Grit Breather's Stuff514 website for quickly looking up Types and their attributes and used it a ton while starting out development with the DUST514 SDE.

The major issue I, and many other people have is that you simply cannot search by what is contained in mDisplayName(i.e. the actual name of the type) and instead had to use the type name which is clunky if you have no experience.

I have a very early implementation which basically only supports searching and viewing basic information about types in the internal format names. It works quite well however I do want to alias the attribute names and some values to make everything a better experience for users.

Much like all of my projects, it's open source and you can find it at it's GitHub repository at sde-search

If you know Go or even just HTML/CSS and would like to contribute to the the site, pull-requests and cool Cool

Also if you have any features that you would like added you can either reply here or submit and issue on GitHub.

The current deployed site can be seen here SDE Search

The enemies of God stand broken before us. The light of the Reclaiming shines over them!

12/13/14 Never forget

Kirjuun Heiian
#2 Posted: 2015.07.19 03:46
This is quite awesome.

Hnolai ki tuul, ti sei oni a tiu. Kirjuun Heiian.

I have a few alts.

Fatal Absolution
#3 Posted: 2015.07.23 17:30
Thanks Mina. I haven't played in weeks, but if you have any feature requests I'd gladly implement it.

The enemies of God stand broken before us. The light of the Reclaiming shines over them!

12/13/14 Never forget

Kirjuun Heiian
#4 Posted: 2015.07.31 21:17
It seems like your domain at maximumtwang has expired :(

Hnolai ki tuul, ti sei oni a tiu. Kirjuun Heiian.

I have a few alts.

Fatal Absolution
#5 Posted: 2015.08.08 03:34  |  Edited by: THUNDERGROOVE
Mina Longstrike wrote:
It seems like your domain at maximumtwang has expired :(

Yeap..

I'm going to spend the next hour or so porting it all to Openshift and host it there.

e: That is if I don't kill myself from having to install Ruby on Windows to use rhc
e2: Red Hat: Where 3 minute page loading times are okay.

12/13/14 Never forget

Fatal Absolution
#6 Posted: 2015.08.08 04:15  |  Edited by: THUNDERGROOVE
And we're back up and running. Just give me a minute to upload the icon files to the instance and we'll be all good Cool

Check it out

e: And the images are on the server.

12/13/14 Never forget