Topic is locked indefinitely.

5 Pages123Next pageLast page

[Event] DUST 514 Triathlon! [May 19-26]

Jump to first DEV post
Author
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 Posted: 2015.04.27 07:11  |  Edited by: CCP Frame

During the week of May 19 11:00 UTC - May 26 11:00 UTC players will encounter 3 persistent and unique daily missions. Upon completion, they will recieve unique rewards as well as bonus AUR for completing at least 5 daily missions.

• Achieve 35 Vehicle kill assists. Reward: 30.000 Skill Points + 150.000 ISK.
  • Achieve 150 Kills. Reward: 30.000 Skill Points.
  • Win 10 battles. Reward: 25.000 Skill Points.

• Bonus Reward: Complete 5/10 Daily Missions and receive 500 AUR.

Good luck, and have fun, mercs!

CCP Frame, CCP Shanghai Team

Sinq Laison Gendarmes
    Gallente Federation
    #2 Posted: 2015.04.27 07:21
    The vehicle kill assist mission is a bit annoying ...

Realize that it's harder to get vehicle kill assists than it is to just rack up outright kills. Note that they either have much higher damages per shot or have much higher sustained damage over time compared to like any other weapon in the game. Not killing my opponent is more difficult than tagging him with a single shot of anything and waiting for some infantry dude to finish the job.

Otherworld Enterprises Dust Control
    Otherworld Empire Productions
    #3 Posted: 2015.04.27 07:26
    That's a lot of assists...
    Bragian Order
    Amarr Empire
    #4 Posted: 2015.04.27 07:30
    Foundation Seldon wrote:

Triathlon is supposed to be hard though? If you want that bonus ISK and SP do it, if not - don't. There is always going to be people complaining no matter what though so I guess I am beating a dead horse here...
    Sinq Laison Gendarmes
    Gallente Federation
    #5 Posted: 2015.04.27 07:39
    Aoena Rays wrote:
    Foundation Seldon wrote:

Triathlon is supposed to be hard though? If you want that bonus ISK and SP do it, if not - don't. There is always going to be people complaining no matter what though so I guess I am beating a dead horse here...

The difference is in the relative difficulty of that mission compared to everything else listed as part of the event. The vehicle kill assist mission has always been an outlier in an environment in which ...

1. The game doesn't count kills made by other players in the same vehicle as "Vehicle Kill Assists" unless you've also physically damaged the opponent in same way. ie. a Dropship pilot gets "Vehicle Kill Assists" when his gunners make a kill but this doesn't contribute to the tally for the specific vehicle kill assist mission because said pilot didn't do any damage to the opponent, his gunner did. The same applies to LAVs and Tanks.

2. The difficulty of getting specifically a kill assist with a weapon that's notably more powerful than most anything the infantry side can throw out. I really can't stress this point enough, the mission doesn't tally kills and it doesn't tally kills made by gunners in the same vehicle unless said person also contributed to the damage on the target. Knowing this you consider that small railguns can 1 hit most scouts and poorly fitted medium suits and the splash from Small Missiles are capable of the same and ... yeah. It's a super annoying mission.

3. The other missions laid out explicitly reward the skill of the player, the better you are, the more kills you'll get, the more battles you'll win. In order for a vehicular pilot to focus entirely on "kill assists" knowing the above, they have to actively play worse.

Bragian Order
    Amarr Empire
    #6 Posted: 2015.04.27 07:45  |  Edited by: Aoena Rays
    Foundation Seldon wrote:
    rant

Damn son, you take this game way too seriously. It is one mission, why not simply skip doing it then if it is too much of a challenge? :O

I can easily see myself doing it with my pals in a tank though. Happy to get extra ISK for it.
    Horizons' Edge
    #7 Posted: 2015.04.27 08:04
    I may have some sort of optical impairment, cause all I'm seeing is 35k FREE aurom.Shocked

I don't like two-legged things.

Kirjuun Heiian
    #8 Posted: 2015.04.27 08:06  |  Edited by: Mina Longstrike
    Dear GOD please, no, not vehicle kill assists. Here's my write up on why vehicle kill assists are terrible mission

Kills while manning a turret - sure. Vehicle kill assists? **** no.

Hnolai ki tuul, ti sei oni a tiu. Kirjuun Heiian.

I have a few alts.

Glitched Connection
    #9 Posted: 2015.04.27 08:06  |  Edited by: nicholas73
    Dead Cavino wrote:
    I may have some sort of optical impairment, cause all I'm seeing is 35k FREE aurom.Shocked

No, your math does, total you can get is 3.5k Aurum

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Glitched Connection
    #10 Posted: 2015.04.27 08:08
    This event needs better rewards for how tough it is; its just like the 5 million Clone Challenge where the rewards weren't good enough. Give ISK rewards for all missions or such.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Horizons' Edge
    #11 Posted: 2015.04.27 08:15
    nicholas73 wrote:
    Dead Cavino wrote:

No, your math is, total you can get is 3.5k Aurum

Yes, yes you right. My math sucked. but still pretty nice.

I don't like two-legged things.

OSG Planetary Operations
    #12 Posted: 2015.04.27 08:22  |  Edited by: Cross Atu
    CCP Frame wrote:
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/oM5SSVQ.png[/img]

During the week of May 19 11:00 UTC - May 26 11:00 UTC players will encounter 3 persistent and unique daily missions. Upon completion, they will recieve unique rewards as well as bonus AUR for completing at least 5 daily missions.

Quote:
    A triathlon is a multiple-stage competition involving the completion of three continuous and sequential endurance disciplines.

Hum, seems about right. Okay time to draft vehicle pilots I know, run a wreaking squad with two vehicles.
    1x 2 merc DS
    1x 3 merc 'eternal maddy'
    1x speed hacker/OB dropper

Yes I will take those extra SP and ISK rewards thank you Cool

Who knows, maybe I'll get really sporty and run two squads like that dropping into Fac War Pirate
    PIMPS.N.PUSHERS
    #13 Posted: 2015.04.27 08:44
    LOL 35 kill assists in a vehicle every day for a week, I'm not even going to try.
    Getting kill assist in a vehicle is hard to do, the assist we get from others inside don't count and if I shoot someone it's more likely I get a kill then an assist.

Also you are asking me to do something I'm not trained to do and have no interest in.
    Also tankers DON'T need my help to kill stuff, they do fine without me.

I will however get my AV gear ready for battle, my quess is that vehicles will be full of players. BOOOM kill kill kill +50 +50 +50 😘
    Bragian Order
    Amarr Empire
    #14 Posted: 2015.04.27 08:48
    PADDEHATPIGEN wrote:
    LOL 35 kill assists in a vehicle every day for a week, I'm not even going to try. 😘

Then don't ;)
    KILL-EM-QUICK
    Rise Of Legion.
    #15 Posted: 2015.04.27 09:05
    PADDEHATPIGEN wrote:
    LOL 35 kill assists in a vehicle every day for a week, I'm not even going to try.
    Getting kill assist in a vehicle is hard to do, the assist we get from others inside don't count and if I shoot someone it's more likely I get a kill then an assist.

Also you are asking me to do something I'm not trained to do and have no interest in.
    Also tankers DON'T need my help to kill stuff, they do fine without me.

I will however get my AV gear ready for battle, my quess is that vehicles will be full of players. BOOOM kill kill kill +50 +50 +50 😘

Yup, I think I am going to make an AV nade spam suit just for this... Twisted
    #16 Posted: 2015.04.27 10:06
    Aoena Rays wrote:
    PADDEHATPIGEN wrote:
    LOL 35 kill assists in a vehicle every day for a week, I'm not even going to try. 😘

Then don't ;)

For real. Dudes act like it's hard to just do drive-bys with a blaster LAV or something. It's not like they're not free, I mean, there are BPO LAVs everywhere. Just pop off a few rounds and ditch.

(Former) CPM2 Representative for Dust 514 and Project Nova

Obscure Reference
    #17 Posted: 2015.04.27 11:20
    More importantly, new ADS skin confirmed!!
    0uter.Heaven
    #18 Posted: 2015.04.27 12:24
    Cross Atu wrote:
    CCP Frame wrote:
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/oM5SSVQ.png[/img]

Quote:
    A triathlon is a multiple-stage competition involving the completion of three continuous and sequential endurance disciplines.

Hum, seems about right. Okay time to draft vehicle pilots I know, run a wreaking squad with two vehicles.
    1x 2 merch DS
    1x 3 merch 'eternal maddy'
    1x speed hacker/OB dropper

Yes I will take those extra SP and ISK rewards thank you Cool

Who knows, maybe I'll get really sporty and run two squads like that dropping into Fac War Pirate

The pilots you know couldn't win a 1v1 with a unmanned installation. Also kinda sad that it takes 11 people to carry you in fac war. The struggle vs. militia nubs is real yo. Pirate

Running out of fuks to give

Going for the gold
    #19 Posted: 2015.04.27 12:43
    35 Vehicle kill assists, 150 Kills, win 10 battles, for a measly 85k SP? HELLZ NAW

Maybe if you double the SP I would bother doing them... this way, nah.

I'll just complete the other 5 missions and grab the gold.

#NekosForLife ⎝◥▶‿‿◀◤⎠

When you think about it, nekos are like upgraded humans

Alma is a psycho I swear, send help

Random Gunz
    #20 Posted: 2015.04.27 14:33
    This is worse than the 5mcc...
    5 Pages123Next pageLast page