The Locker Room

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

74 Pages123Next pageLast page

Author
Immortal Guides
#1 Posted: 2015.04.22 13:29  |  Edited by: Fox Gaden
The Bastion is a place for Sentinels and other Heavies to discuss the issues that affect them.

A Bastion is a strong point in a fortifications wall, just as a Sentinel is a strong point in the Infantry line. As such I feel The Bastion is a good metaphor the Sentinel.

I thought that if Sentinels were to hang out in a bar, The Bastion would be a good name for that bar, so since this is meant to be a place for Sentinels to hang out and discuss the issues that affect them, I felt that was as good a name as any.

The Bastion is meant to be to Heavies what The Barbershop is to Scouts, and the Triage Ward is to Logi.

We now have an in game chat channel called: Ze Bastion

Hand/Eye coordination cannot be taught. For everything else there is the Learning Coalition.

Immortal Guides
#2 Posted: 2015.04.22 13:29  |  Edited by: Fox Gaden
The Sentinel Registry
(Proclaim yourself and join the roll.)

Adan Montano Pietsch (Amarr Sent)
Breakin Stuff (Min, Amarr, Cal, Gal Sent)
castba (Amarr, Cal Sent)
chill penguin (Amarr Sent)
Clone Zi6i3 (Gal Sent)
Cross Atu (Min, Amarr, Gal Sent)
dantrhax martin / Kahn Troll Freak (Min, Amarr, Cal Sent)
devjo88 (Gal Sent)
Flix Keptick (Gal Sent)
Fox Gaden / Crash Gaden (Min, Amarr, Cal, Gal Sent)
Genral69 death (Amarr Sent)
Georgia Xavier (Amarr Sent)
Imp Valk / Imp Smash (Min, Cal Sent)
Inmortal Slayer / Fristname Family name (Min, Gal Sent)
Jack the Rlpper (Min, Gal Sent)
jerrmy12 kahoalii (Cal Sent)
Jonny D Buelle (Gal Sent)
Megaman Trigger (Cal, Gal Sent)
MINA Longstrike (Min, Amarr, Cal, Sent)
MythTanker (Min, Cal, Gal Sent)
Powerh8er
Radiant Pancake3 (Min Sent)
Ralden Caster (Gal Sent)
Regnier Feros (Amarr Sent)
rizan baig ( Amarr, Gal Sent)
sir RAVEN WING (Cal, Gal Sent)
Spademan (Min Sent)
Soul Eater II (Amarr, Cal Sent)
SoTa PoP / Shadowed Cola (Amarr Sent)
Taeyeon Seyun (Amarr Sent)
The Noob Destroyer (Min, Amarr, Cal, Gal Sent)
Vash Warren (Amarr Sent)
WeapondigitX V7 (Amarr Sent)
xavier zor (Cal Sent)
XxWarlordxX97 (Min, Cal, Gal Sent)

Racial Variant Numbers:

13 Minmatar Sentinel
18 Amarr Sentinels
14 Caldari Sentinels
16 Gallente Sentinels

Hand/Eye coordination cannot be taught. For everything else there is the Learning Coalition.

Immortal Guides
#3 Posted: 2015.04.22 13:30  |  Edited by: Fox Gaden
Sentinel Library(Useful resources for aspiring Sentinels):

Fox Guide: HMG Heavy, The Mighty Minmatar Minigun & the Titans That Carry Them

Immortal Guides
#4 Posted: 2015.04.22 13:31  |  Edited by: Fox Gaden
Hot Sentinel Topics(Discussions which are relevant to Sentinels):

Heavy vs Assault vs Scout -- Himi's view on kill interaction

The Speed Tanked Minmatar Sentinel { Small Vid }
HMG PC Balancing (Should Sentinels be allowed to hack?)
AHMG: My new favorite AV weapon
HMG Range buff
Should forgeguns be buffed?
Buff Sentinel bonus (Sometimes only considering your own class's perspective leads to bad ideas...)
Mid rang HMG
A plea from a Sentinel
Changes to Amarr Heavies
Small Turrets as Heavy weapons?
(idea) Heavy Gallente Shotgun

Historic Topics:

[Feedback] Hotfix Echo - Narrative and Numbers HMG/Burst range nerf, Assault rework & AV damage.
[Feedback] Balance Hotfix 2014-11-06 HMG Heat changes.
Hotfix Delta - Burst HMG Changes Burst gets toned down.
Hotfix Charlie - HMG Heat and Burst HMG Changes Burst HMG is reworked (becomes OP)
Hotfix Charlie - Sentinel and Assault PG/CPU changes (Rifle Sentinel nerf)

Immortal Guides
#5 Posted: 2015.04.22 14:16  |  Edited by: Fox Gaden
Be sure to post if you are a dedicated Sentinel, and list which Sentinels you play, so you can be added to the registry.

Incorruptibles
#6 Posted: 2015.04.22 14:25
My main:

Gregory VonXavier| Amarr sentinel (I only use amarr suits)
Fatal Absolution
Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
#7 Posted: 2015.04.22 14:27
Well, this is a thing.

Gentlemen. It has been a pleasure. o7

Immortal Guides
#8 Posted: 2015.04.22 14:52  |  Edited by: Fox Gaden
Here are a few things worth discussing:

• Amarr and Gallente heavy weapons using place holders. What should they be, and what art assets in game now could be reskinned to act as a place holder for them?

• Is the Plasma Cannon the medium frame counter to Sentinels? Does it work well enough for them to stop crying when they can’t take us 1v1 at 10m with a rifle? Ok, some will always cry, but can we use the Plasma Cannon as a counter argument?

• If we had a mid range HMG (or Heavy Laser) would the range reduction to the normal HMG be acceptable? How much do you notice the range reduction to the HMG? Was there an effective range reduction, or did the range reduction simply reduce the range on paper to what the actual range due to dispersion actually was?

OSG Planetary Operations
#9 Posted: 2015.04.22 15:42
Megaman Trigger - Caldari and Gallente Sentinel suits, HMG and Forge Guns.

Purifier. First Class.

Legends never die

Blood Hammer.
#10 Posted: 2015.04.22 15:50  |  Edited by: Powerh8er
Sentinel since late open beta and uprising. Doesnt play heavy as much anymore because reasons and since I got enough sp to skill into other classes and weapons.

Edit: Amarr and minmatar btw.

And you will know me by the trail of vomit.

Incorruptibles
#11 Posted: 2015.04.22 15:56  |  Edited by: Georgia Xavier
Fox Gaden wrote:

• Amarr and Gallente heavy weapons using place holders. What should they be, and what art assets in game now could be reskinned to act as a place holder for them?

• Is the Plasma Cannon the medium frame counter to Sentinels? Does it work well enough for them to stop crying when they can’t take us 1v1 at 10m with a rifle? Ok, some will always cry, but can we use the Plasma Cannon as a counter argument?

• If we had a mid range HMG (or Heavy Laser) would the range reduction to the normal HMG be acceptable? How much do you notice the range reduction to the HMG? Was there an effective range reduction, or did the range reduction simply reduce the range on paper to what the actual range due to dispersion actually was?

I was thinking that the heavy laser would have same properties as the laser rifle meaning it's crap at CQC. Maybe give it twice the amount of feedback damage
Immortal Guides
#12 Posted: 2015.04.22 16:36
Georgia Xavier wrote:

I was thinking that the heavy laser would have same properties as the laser rifle meaning it's crap at CQC. Maybe give it twice the amount of feedback damage

I would like to see it do Vehicle Damage as well. I would like to see it be a viable way to strip the Shields off a tank so you can follow up with AV grenades.

I would think it would require a lot of time on target, so viable if a Tank got stuck, or on a vehicle in the open if you are able to keep the beam on it long enough. I was thinking it would primarily be an anti Infantry weapon, but with some AV capability, just as the Forge Gun is an AV weapon with some Anti Infantry capability.

What I would really like is to have the heat buildup on the target rather than the weapon, so that you could set the damage to build to AV levels after 2 seconds on target. Since any weapon can kill Infantry in 2 seconds on target this would not be OP. However, that would require the addition of a new mechanic to the game (debuffs), so it probably can't happen right now.

Incorruptibles
#13 Posted: 2015.04.22 16:42
Fox Gaden wrote:
Georgia Xavier wrote:

I would like to see it do Vehicle Damage as well. I would like to see it be a viable way to strip the Shields off a tank so you can follow up with AV grenades.

I would think it would require a lot of time on target, so viable if a Tank got stuck, or on a vehicle in the open if you are able to keep the beam on it long enough. I was thinking it would primarily be an anti Infantry weapon, but with some AV capability, just as the Forge Gun is an AV weapon with some Anti Infantry capability.

What I would really like is to have the heat buildup on the target rather than the weapon, so that you could set the damage to build to AV levels after 2 seconds on target. Since any weapon can kill Infantry in 2 seconds on target this would not be OP. However, that would require the addition of a new mechanic to the game (debuffs), so it probably can't happen right now.

How about just reduced damage on infantry? It won't make sense sure but less tears induced in the process
Immortal Guides
#14 Posted: 2015.04.22 17:18  |  Edited by: Fox Gaden
Georgia Xavier wrote:
How about just reduced damage on infantry? It won't make sense sure but less tears induced in the process

How about we start with the current Laser Rifle, but give it 100% damage against vehicles?

If we want the Heavy Laser to have a little more stopping power than the light version we could allow it to heat up a bit more before seizing up. This would mean the potential for higher damage, but it would be delayed (requiring you to pre-heat longer) and it would do more damage to the users (Sentinels have the HP to absorb it).

Then you would be able to do Burst HMG level damage at range if you have time to prepare, but when reacting to someone suddenly appearing, or when you are forced to use cover, so that you don't have time to pre-heat, then your damage is that of an UP light weapon. Having no desperation on it would mean you would have to be precisely on target to do damage.

I think that would make for an interesting weapon that would be very effective in some situations, but with enough balancing factors to keep it from being OP.

Georgia Xavier wrote:
It won't make sense sure but less tears induced in the process
But then what would we drink? Evil

Immortal Guides
#15 Posted: 2015.04.22 23:24
This thread needs more Goonfeet.

OSG Planetary Operations
#16 Posted: 2015.04.22 23:42
Fox Gaden wrote:

Amarr Heavy Weapon: I think the general consensus is a Heavy Laser. Not gonna argue, as a Legends fan, I want to go "Shining Laser" on a tank.

Gallente Heavy Weapon: I've said it before and I'll say it again; I'd love a reskinned Forge Gun to be used to make a Heavy Plasma blaster/cannon. Can't hold the charge, like the light version but fires like a Forge Gun.

I need to watch more/less (delete as appropriate) SG-1.

Plasma Cannon: Plasma Cannons have enough power to take out a Sentinel (apart from Amarr)of an equal tier in one shot. If they do survive a direct hit, their side arm should be able to finish the job. That said, it'll be argued that the charge time and/or projectile's speed makes Plasma Cannon at 10m useless vs a HMG. But yes, Plasma Cannon is probably the best counter a medium frame has. Aside from frisbee REs.

I haven't even noticed the range reduction on the HMG, so it seems that the range nerf only pushed the range to match dispersion. That said, I've had more trouble against shields after the DPS nerf, which makes taking out jumpers a pain. Hit detection seem off against shields, again, when shooting at faster strafing suits. Might just be me.

Purifier. First Class.

Legends never die

Nos Nothi
#17 Posted: 2015.04.22 23:52  |  Edited by: Adipem Nothi
Love it!

Have you considered running for CPM, Fox? We Scouts and Heavies may not always see eye-to-eye, but I think you'd be great. Should you decide to run, you have my support.

o7
Praetoriani Classiarii Templares
#18 Posted: 2015.04.23 00:16
Eh now that this is the third one the novelty is wearing off.

And CURSE YOU SENTINELS AND YOUR FORGEGUNS!

Waves that dye the land gold. Blessed breath to nurture life in a land of wheat. A path the Sef descend drawn in ash.

Incorruptibles
#19 Posted: 2015.04.23 01:23
Megaman Trigger wrote:
Hit detection seem off against shields, again, when shooting at faster strafing suits. Might just be me.

Breach ScP is your best friend
Incorruptibles
#20 Posted: 2015.04.23 01:24
True Adamance wrote:
Eh now that this is the third one the novelty is wearing off.

And CURSE YOU SENTINELS AND YOUR FORGEGUNS!

That engine block on the back of the tank is so fun to hit
74 Pages123Next pageLast page