Announcement and Events

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

15 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

[Event] Five Million Clone Challenge!

Jump to first DEV post
Author
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 Posted: 2015.02.25 07:11  |  Edited by: CCP Frame


During the March 4 11:00 UTC - March 11 11:00 UTC period, should the total number of clones destroyed in New Eden reach 5.000.000, every account that won at least three battles during the event period, shall receive the following items on March 12, 11:00 UTC:

----------------------------------------
- INCOMING TRANSMISSION
----------------------------------------

It would seem that you guys need a hand. I have disabled the primary systems and added 48 hours to the counter. I have also extracted a dropsuit module that you might just get your hands on once I am done with modifications. You're welcome.
-Krin

----------------------------------------
- END OF TRANSMISSION
----------------------------------------


x1 Event-exclusive BPO (non-consumable) item - revealed on 12th of March, 11:00 UTC via Dev blog and in-game
x1000 Warbarge Components
x20 Decryptor Keys


Make sure to follow @DUST514 where we will be tweeting your progress toward achieving this goal!

A few notes and conditions:

  • Only clones actually destroyed are counted in public contracts, and not deaths. This means that if you kill someone that is revived, and then kill them again, this only counts as one destroyed clone, not two.
  • Clones killed by friendly fire are not counted towards the total. Shooting your friends in the back is junk data.
  • Active accounts for this event are defined as any character on that account that plays and wins at least 3 matches during the event period.

Good luck and have fun, mercs! Pirate

CCP Frame, CCP Shanghai Team

Negative-Feedback
#2 Posted: 2015.02.25 09:34
Heck yeah!

Owner of Spero Escrow Services

Follow @KainSpero for Dust and Legion news

Fraternity of St. Venefice
Amarr Empire
#3 Posted: 2015.02.25 09:39
...plus 5 million SP to evry1? ahahaahhhhahhh
Going for the gold
#4 Posted: 2015.02.25 09:43
Hmm, 5 days to kill 5 million clones. What?

Let's hope we don't get any connection problems like last time. Big smile

I was hoping for a new event to come soon, thanks CCP. Blink

#NekosForLife ⎝◥▶‿‿◀◤⎠

When you think about it, nekos are like upgraded humans

Alma is a psycho I swear, send help

Glitched Connection
#5 Posted: 2015.02.25 09:44
Hmmm, I think the event won't be sucessful, rewards aren't worth it.
1. An unrevealed BPO, could be crap or something that I already have (with a different skin).
2. No SP rewards?
3. 1000 warbarge components & 20 Keys for 5 million clones, are you joking?

Verdict: Not motivated to kill 5 million clones for unworthy rewards, throw in 5 million SP as well and then we're talking.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 Posted: 2015.02.25 09:45
EET SUM MOR wrote:
...plus 5 million SP to evry1? ahahaahhhhahhh

You acquired more than enough SP via those previous challenges. Now it is time to put those skill points to the test and show us what you got!

Oh, and before anyone asks - no, the BPO is one of a kind that was exclusively made for this event and this event only.

CCP Frame, CCP Shanghai Team

Negative-Feedback.
Negative-Feedback
#7 Posted: 2015.02.25 09:53
CCP Frame wrote:
EET SUM MOR wrote:
...plus 5 million SP to evry1? ahahaahhhhahhh

You acquired more than enough SP via those previous challenges. Now it is time to put those skill points to the test and show us what you got!

Oh, and before anyone asks - no, the BPO is one of a kind that was exclusively made for this event and this event only.

Quafe colored Armor repairers.
#8 Posted: 2015.02.25 09:54  |  Edited by: Aeon Amadi
Interesting.

See, maybe I'm just having delusions of grandeur but I see this as something completely different.

1) Clones must be destroyed, not killed.
Does this also mean that we may see additional warpoint rewards in the future for destroying clones instead of just incapacitating them? I'd love that. A sort of 'Confirmed Kill' bonus.

2) Event exclusive BPO
Even more interesting considering that there is a strong drive to roll out SKIN modules in the future. I assume that this will also be tied into the unanswered question as to what will happen to BPOs in the eventuality that SKIN modules are released. Further more... an event exclusive BPO would have to be broad-spectrum and apply to everyone. Releasing yet another Caldari Assault doesn't apply to the majority of players. So my theory is.....

3) 1000 Warbarge components
.... that it's a Warbarge skin.

4) Also, props to not including -more- SP rewards when we don't even have enough skills in game to make skill points meaningful for anything other than cross specialization at this point.

(Former) CPM2 Representative for Dust 514 and Project Nova

Negative-Feedback.
Negative-Feedback
#9 Posted: 2015.02.25 09:54
Quafe Burning Tree deployable equipment.
Fraternity of St. Venefice
Amarr Empire
#10 Posted: 2015.02.25 09:57
CCP Frame wrote:
EET SUM MOR wrote:
...plus 5 million SP to evry1? ahahaahhhhahhh

You acquired more than enough SP via those previous challenges. Now it is time to put those skill points to the test and show us what you got!

Oh, and before anyone asks - no, the BPO is one of a kind that was exclusively made for this event and this event only.




Yo, that isnt a problem, actually i dont need more SP, my main char is over 100 million...I play DUST cause I LOVE IT...(but I hate who kills me)
Negative-Feedback.
Negative-Feedback
#11 Posted: 2015.02.25 09:59
Aeon Amadi wrote:
Interesting.

See, maybe I'm just having delusions of grandeur but I see this as something completely different.

1) Clones must be destroyed, not killed.
Does this also mean that we may see additional warpoint rewards in the future for destroying clones instead of just incapacitating them? I'd love that. A sort of 'Confirmed Kill' bonus.

2) Event exclusive BPO
Even more interesting considering that there is a strong drive to roll out SKIN modules in the future. I assume that this will also be tied into the unanswered question as to what will happen to BPOs in the eventuality that SKIN modules are released. Further more... an event exclusive BPO would have to be broad-spectrum and apply to everyone. Releasing yet another Caldari Assault doesn't apply to the majority of players. So my theory is.....

3) 1000 Warbarge components
.... that it's a Warbarge skin.

4) Also, props to not including -more- SP rewards when we don't even have enough skills in game to make skill points meaningful for anything other than cross specialization at this point.

Yeah, I think the BPO is a warbarge skin.
Negative-Feedback.
Negative-Feedback
#12 Posted: 2015.02.25 10:03
Interesting timing, I have a school break from the 4th to the 8th.
Coincidence? Probably.
DUST University
#13 Posted: 2015.02.25 10:03
Well, i'll just cancel my snowboarding vacation then shall i?Big smile

But, seriously, cool idea to give a bpo!
Hope it's something useful, or just insanely cool.

I shall shoot many plasma and offer my body to this event. Cover shall not be taken.

░░░░░░ DON'T PANIC ░░░░░░

Academy Inferno
#14 Posted: 2015.02.25 10:04
CCP Frame, can you show this BPO farme? Please!)

<<< DUST 514 FOREVER >>>

  Militia QUAFE Noob
Otherworld Enterprises Dust Control
Otherworld Empire Productions
#15 Posted: 2015.02.25 10:04
Sweet. Time to kill and stack those boosters. So please, put Omegas on market again kthx.

/c
Storm Wind Strikeforce
Caldari State
#16 Posted: 2015.02.25 10:08
ChribbaX wrote:
Sweet. Time to kill and stack those boosters. So please, put Omegas on market again kthx.

/c

Why? You're not gonna get any extra SP...
Storm Wind Strikeforce
Caldari State
#17 Posted: 2015.02.25 10:10
If I see an ***hole reviving people during the event... XEvilTwisted
Dead Man's Game
Preatoriani
#18 Posted: 2015.02.25 10:21
I needed an excuse to skill up my massdriver. Twisted
DUST University
#19 Posted: 2015.02.25 10:25
Nice little event here with a unique BPO rather than SP gains which is soooo 5 minutes ago. Big smile

Frame asked us if 5 million was too much and the CPM were more than confident that the community could pull it off no problem.

CPM 1&2 Member

CEO of DUST University

Otherworld Enterprises Dust Control
Otherworld Empire Productions
#20 Posted: 2015.02.25 10:26
Francois Sanchez wrote:
ChribbaX wrote:
Sweet. Time to kill and stack those boosters. So please, put Omegas on market again kthx.

/c

Why? You're not gonna get any extra SP...

I will be doing my part to try and get us to the 5 million mark = I will be playing more matches than normal = I will earn more SP than normal = I will be using boosters.

/c
15 Pages123Next pageLast page
Forum Jump