Rookie Training Grounds

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

3 Pages123Next page

Kaze's List of Helpful Links

Author
DUST University
#1 Posted: 2015.01.06 10:53  |  Edited by: Kaze Eyrou
Welcome to my List of Helpful Links page! The goal of this page is to give new and experienced players alike quick links to many of the information that is beneficial for strategy, efficiency, and survival on the vast battlefields of New Eden. I will attempt to keep this page as current as I can.

// GENERAL //

My Twitter - Follow me to keep up-to-date with all things relating to Dust 514.

Join the Learning Coalition chat channel!

Subscribe to the newsletter for free items! - Make sure you are signed up for the newsletter for free items.

Past newsletters with free items - Credit to Draxus Prime for this list.

Submit a help ticket - Click this link to submit a help ticket.

Found a bug? - Discuss it here on the forums to determine if the situation you encountered is a bug.

File a bug report - Finally certain that it's a bug? Click this link to submit a bug report to the Devs.

Dust 514 Development Roadmap - A Trello board the Devs use to communicate their future plans.

// GUIDES //

[ General ]

Kevall Longstride's D-UNI Declassified Guide - by Kevall Longstride (EVE character: Dennie Fleetfoot)

Gun Game 101: The Art of 1v1, and how it can improve your gameplay - by Ghost Kaisar

Fox Guides - Link to a list of guides made by Fox Gaden.

Official Biomassed.net List of Guides - by Pokey Dravon

The Frustrated Noob: A Guide - by Daemonn Adima

Dust University videos - by Kevall Longstride (EVE character: Dennie Fleetfoot)

[ Class Specific ]

The Logi Code. Guide to Logi Success. - by RedBleach LeSanglant

Tactical Logistics: A comprehensive guide to drop uplinks and strategy - by John Demonsbane [ * † ]

The Winmatar Guide - Strike Hard and Strike Fast - by XxBlazikenxX [ * † ]

Minmatar Scout Guide: "Knifing Ain't Easy" - by XxBlazikenxX

A Gallentean’s Guide To Dust - From Zero to Hero - by Arkena Wyrnspire [ * † ]

[ Vehicles ]

Complete Dropship Tutorial - by Judge Rhadamanthus

Winged Mercs: Dropship/ADS Help - by Vulpes Dolosus

[ Weapons ]

Weapon Ranges - by Musta Tornius [ † ]

The Gentleman's Weapon, a comprehensive guide to the Laser Rifle - by John Demonsbane [ * ]

Purify - A Scrambler Rifle Guide - by Arkena Wyrnspire [ * † ]

[ Mechanics / Bug Workarounds ]

Reverse Engineering - Decrypting Systems Hacking and Codebreakers - by Kaze Eyrou

Loyalty Rank Metrics: A Guide - by Kaze Eyrou

Mobile CRUs: A Spawn Mechanics Guide (with documented bug and workaround) - by Kaze Eyrou [ † ]

[Documented Bug] Deployable Equipment Bonuses (with workaround) - by Kaze Eyrou [ † ]

[ Archives ]

(Old Guides Archive compiled by Royce Kronos)

Bracket Symbols Legend:
* - Outdated guide.
† - Thread is locked.

Note that while a guide/link may be out of date, it will still contain useful general information on the topic.

Authors of listed guides: If you find your guide on here and I have it marked incorrectly or you have updated it recently, post here or mail me in game so I can update the symbols on your guides accordingly.

See you later Space Cowboy. Bang.

DUST University
#2 Posted: 2015.01.06 10:54  |  Edited by: Kaze Eyrou
// FORUM SUBSECTIONS //

Corporation Recruitment - Looking for a corporation to join? Or maybe you are a recruiter advertising for your corporation? This link will take you to that section on the forums.

The Code Bazaar - Looking for special codes to purchase? Or maybe you have a code you wish to sell? The Code Bazaar might have what you are looking for! Just make sure to read the rules first!

Map Ideas and Feedback - Want to know what the name of each map is or what the layouts of each map look like? Do you have any feedback for any of the maps? This link will take you to that subsection with links to each gamemode and their respect map layouts.

// TOOLS //

Protofits - A website made by Cyrus Grevare to make fittings, see if they are valid or not, find the stats including detailed weapon damages, and share them with the community.

Protofits Feedback - Want to leave feedback about Protofits? Click this link to leave feedback.

Faction Warfare Calculator - by Kaze Eyrou [ † ] (To use this tool, use your Google account and select File and then select Make a Copy. The Calculator will be copied to your account and you can edit to numbers to keep track of your progress.)

// APEX //

What are APEX suits? - You can read more about them with this link. (Note: While the article says APEX suits are non-customizable, they are now customizable.)

Two different ways to purchase:
  • 58,000 Aurum under Marketplace -> Loadouts -> APEX
  • OR
  • 1,000,000 ISK + 100,000 LP of the respective faction under Marketplace -> Loyalty Store -> Your Desired Faction -> Dropsuits

• APEX Fitting Details - Want to know the fittings on all of them? Here's the official Google Doc Spreadsheet made by CCP.
    (Note: As of this edit, cell C124 on the spreadsheet has not been updated yet. Currently, the APEX 'Seraph' Logistics suit no longer has the 'Terminus' Drop Uplink. Instead, it has the 'Templar' Drop Uplink. However, this change has been reflected in the protofits link on the spreadsheet.)

War Profiteer Pack - A couple of special APEX suits and items were only obtainable through the War Profiteer Pack.

// NAMED FITS //

Named Fits - Ever wonder what is on the Shock Assault? Or the 'Rattati' Assault G/1-Series? Or maybe the vehicles like the 'Nullarbor' Myron? Here's a complete list of those prefit Aurum fittings.

// MUSIC //

Dust 514 and EVE music - Looking for music to play? This post contains links to some Dust 514 and EVE music, both official and fan-made.

Bracket Symbols Legend:
    * - Outdated guide.
    † - Thread is locked.

Note that while a guide/link may be out of date, it will still contain useful general information on the topic.

DUST University
    #3 Posted: 2015.01.06 11:46  |  Edited by: Kaze Eyrou
    // Dust University Guide Explanation and FAQs //

I would suggest first reading up on Kevall Longstride's D-UNI Declassified Guide. While this guide can also seem overwhelming, it contains many vital explanations, terminologies, starter tips and tricks, thorough details about everything you need to know about Dust 514. I highly recommend this to all new players in search of a comprehensive guide to all things Dust related.

Q: "What is this 'D-UNI'? Why is it abbreviated this way?"

A: "D-UNI" is short for "Dust University". All corporations within EVE have 4 or 5 letter code that is unique to that corporation. Doing so makes it easier to search for those corps.

Q: "This guide talks about being in D-UNI. Do I have to be a D-UNI member to use this guide?"

A: This guide is declassified for all to use and does not have a requirement to be in D-UNI in order to use this guide.

Q: "I would like to join! How can I join? Are there any requirements?"

A: There are no requirements to join! You can join by bringing up your NeoCom in your headquarters by doing the following:

1. Press the L1 or START button
    2. Scroll down to CORPORATION
    3. Select SEARCH
    4. Once the Corporation screen is up, select SEARCH
    5. Type in D-UNI and hit SEARCH
    6. Once it finishes searching, select Dust University and select APPLY TO CORPORATION
    7. When the Compose Application window comes up, simply go down and hit SEND.

That's it! Eventually, your application will be processed and you will be a welcomed member of the Dust University corporation!

#4 Posted: 2015.01.07 00:28
    very helpful

You can't fight in here! This is the war room.

#5 Posted: 2015.01.29 08:11
    Hey, Kaze, you interested teaming up for a crowd-sourced bug hunting team? I really like the work you're doing in the Bugs sub-forum.

(Former) CPM2 Representative for Dust 514 and Project Nova

DUST University
    #6 Posted: 2015.02.20 13:50  |  Edited by: Kaze Eyrou
    Helpful bump

(EDIT: I responded to Aeon Amadi's above through email which is why the original post didn't have a response toward him.)

Sebiestor Field Sappers
    Minmatar Republic
    #7 Posted: 2015.02.20 15:00  |  Edited by: Beast gameplay1 jr
    I,can add another link for the ar

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=58066 ar skill guide by Kalante Schiffer

o7 Assault Gk.0

DUST University
    #8 Posted: 2015.02.25 00:02
    Beast gameplay1 jr wrote:
    I,can add another link for the ar

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=58066 ar skill guide by Kalante Schiffer

Unfortunately, I can't give a recommendation to this guide as it contains out of date info from two years ago.

However, you are more than welcome to make a guide of your own updated guide on ARs which I would be willing to add to my list.

Alternatively, Kalante could also request a mod to unlock his guide and he can update it, in which I would gladly add his guide to the list as well.

Fatal Absolution
    Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
    #9 Posted: 2015.02.26 21:22
    I'd like to suggest Judge Rhadamanthus' Dropship Tutorial Series.

Though it's pretty old and Judge has a bad reputation now, it's still the best and clearest guide to dropship flight. All the controls and mechanics are still the same and there's no mention of modules, so all the information should be current.

I think everyone should watch the first tutorial for basic transport, and more dedicated pilots should watch the rest of the series.

P.S. Kaze, I was considering offering assistance to new pilots and was wondering if Dust Uni would have some way for me to help them out.
    DUST University
    #10 Posted: 2015.02.26 23:29
    Vulpes Dolosus wrote:
    I'd like to suggest Judge Rhadamanthus' Dropship Tutorial Series.

Though it's pretty old and Judge has a bad reputation now, it's still the best and clearest guide to dropship flight. All the controls and mechanics are still the same and there's no mention of modules, so all the information should be current.

I think everyone should watch the first tutorial for basic transport, and more dedicated pilots should watch the rest of the series.

P.S. Kaze, I was considering offering assistance to new pilots and was wondering if Dust Uni would have some way for me to help them out.

Added.

As for new pilots, shoot a mail toward Kevall Longstride. He will be able to respond a little bit better to that than I would (I remember you talking about donating some ISK to the Dust Uni corp).

On my end of things though, I have recently just filled the shoes of being a Squad Leader. If anything, I have recently picked up skills in vehicles and I'm willing to let anyone try out some of my fitted dropships to get an idea of what it's like to fly one. Let's talk more in game about that. Big smile

DUST University
    #11 Posted: 2015.03.30 04:55  |  Edited by: Kaze Eyrou
    Bump

There are some links I need to add too. I learned Kevall has a YouTube dropship guide as well. I'll be adding that to my list soon.

WarRavens
    Imperium Eden
    #12 Posted: 2015.03.31 02:01
    By any change, could you add my guide I made for the Minmatar? It is okay if you don't want to add it yet, I would understand that as I'm still making changes to it.

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=191199&find=unread

And you get a like! And you get a like! And you, and you, and you!

DUST University
    #13 Posted: 2015.03.31 07:49
    XxBlazikenxX wrote:
    By any change, could you add my guide I made for the Minmatar? It is okay if you don't want to add it yet, I would understand that as I'm still making changes to it.

Added!

WarRavens
    Imperium Eden
    #14 Posted: 2015.03.31 22:24
    Kaze Eyrou wrote:
    XxBlazikenxX wrote:

Added!

Thank you very much!

Immortal Guides
    #15 Posted: 2015.04.02 15:00
    Thank you Kaze for this important public service.

Hand/Eye coordination cannot be taught. For everything else there is the Learning Coalition.

Amarr Templars
    Amarr Empire
    #16 Posted: 2015.04.04 23:19
    Just gonna put this out there: all in favor of sticky-Ing this thread say aye.

(The godfather of tactical logistics™)

WarRavens
    Imperium Eden
    #17 Posted: 2015.04.06 02:30
    John Demonsbane wrote:
    Just gonna put this out there: all in favor of sticky-Ing this thread say aye.

aye

DUST University
    #18 Posted: 2015.06.14 08:01  |  Edited by: Kaze Eyrou
    Updated.

EDIT: Now with music!

DUST University
    #19 Posted: 2015.08.06 04:40
    Preventing-this-post-from-being-auto-locked bump.

Fatal Absolution
    Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
    #20 Posted: 2015.08.06 20:16
    I have a mild complaint.

'Unencrypting'... Decrypting? P

Gentlemen. It has been a pleasure. o7

3 Pages123Next page