Rookie Training Grounds

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

2 Pages12Next page

Loyalty Rank Metrics: A Guide (Warlords 1.2)

Author
DUST University
#1 Posted: 2014.12.27 03:52  |  Edited by: Kaze Eyrou
With Uprising 1.9, your Character will gain a Loyalty Rank based on your Lifetime Battles, Wins, War Points and Aurum spent.

However, some of us aren't happy with a simple description. We want to know exacts and specifics sometimes. Fortunately, Toadfox BlacKen, Cornelius Apocolypto, Cross Atu, and myself set out to figure out the exact metrics that raise your Loyalty Rank.

Firstly, many people read the points as a total of how many Loyalty Points they have in total. This is not the case as it instead measures how many Loyalty Rank Points until your next rank. This means that the numeric given will go down as your reach your next rank, not the other way around.

2 Aurum = 1 Loyalty Rank Point. (credit to Toadfox, KEROSIINI-TERO, and Zaurek)
Purchasing Aurum will increase your Loyalty Rank. For example, purchasing 1,000 Aurum would grant you 500 Loyalty Rank points. Additionally, purchasing Aurum will increase the Loyalty Rank of all of your characters on that account.

Logging In = 5 Loyalty Rank Points
Pretty straight foward, when you login, you are awarded 5 points. This is logging in for the day; further consecutive logins during the same time period (between regular server downtime) will not increase it. Similar to the Daily Login Skillpoint bonus.

Fighting in a battle = 1 Loyalty Rank Point
When you fight in a battle from beginning to end, you are awarded a Loyalty Rank point. (We didn't test if you join in the middle of a battle; each time we tested, they were fresh battles.)

Winning the battle = +3 Loyalty Rank Points
This means, along with fighting in a battle, you can additionally earn 3 more Loyalty Rank points by winning the battle for your team for a total 4 Loyalty Rank points. (As above, this was tested in fresh battles and we haven't tested joining in the middle of a battle.)

Every 500 WP earned in battle = +1 Loyalty Rank Point
This means, on top of participating in a battle, you can further earn Loyalty Rank points.
Some examples:
275 WP = 0 Loyalty Rank Points
704 WP = 1 Loyalty Rank Points
1052 WP = 2 Loyalty Rank Points
(These are not arbitrary numbers and this exact amount of WPs were taken from the games I played. After subtracting for participation - and winning if applicable - Loyalty Rank point gains, it seems to grant you a Loyalty Rank point for every 500 WP milestone in a battle.)

Pretty easy and short guide, but hopefully this sheds some light on the Loyalty Ranks and how to further their Loyalty Ranks.

(As a small closing note, you may have heard some people, including myself, reference this as an "Aurum Bar". This is because of how heavily skewed this is toward a user who has purchased and used Aurum on this game.)

Want to know the names for each Loyalty Rank? Check out MINA Longstrike's post here.

EDIT: Updated values via Cross Atu's testing.

EDIT: Stealth change by CCP. An earlier version still had the text "purchasing Aurum", however the actual purchase of the Aurum did not raise your Loyalty Rank. Only after spending the Aurum contributed toward your Loyalty Rank. Thanks to KEROSIINI-TERO.

EDIT: There have been some rumors of people losing their Loyalty Ranks. I have addressed this here.

EDIT: Zaurek has informed me that purchasing Aurum increases the Loyalty Rank of all of the characters on that account. Updated the guide to include this information.

See you later Space Cowboy. Bang.

Nos Nothi
#2 Posted: 2014.12.27 04:46
If anyone comes across other figures like how many Loyalty Points you get for buying a booster etc. that would be very beneficial to add as well.

Former CEO of the Land of the BIind.

Any double entendre is unintended I assure you.

DUST University
#3 Posted: 2014.12.27 05:04
One Eyed King wrote:
If anyone comes across other figures like how many Loyalty Points you get for buying a booster etc. that would be very beneficial to add as well.

Buying a booster would be the along the same lines as using Aurum. For example, if you purchased a 7-day Active Booster for 5,000 Aurum, you would receive 2,500 Loyalty Rank points.

Isuuaya Tactical
Caldari State
#4 Posted: 2015.01.30 23:57
Thanks.

The 1st Matari Commando

-HAND

Heiroglyphic
#5 Posted: 2015.02.03 05:02
bump
WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#6 Posted: 2015.02.04 01:37
This is awesome stuff Kaze, could you make a warbarge guide next?

And you get a like! And you get a like! And you, and you, and you!

DUST University
#7 Posted: 2015.02.04 01:43
XxBlazikenxX wrote:

I'll see what I can do, but I haven't invested heavily into Warbarges so I still have a Level 1 Warbarge with a Level 1 Mobile Factory. The Warbarge is something I see I'll be able to max out eventually without having to spend Aurum on it. I'm a patient guy. Cool

That said, if a Warbarge guide doesn't appear soon, I'll whip one up.

WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#8 Posted: 2015.02.04 01:45
Kaze Eyrou wrote:
XxBlazikenxX wrote:

I'll see what I can do, but I haven't invested heavily into Warbarges so I still have a Level 1 Warbarge with a Level 1 Mobile Factory. The Warbarge is something I see I'll be able to max out eventually without having to spend Aurum on it. I'm a patient guy. Cool

That said, if a Warbarge guide doesn't appear soon, I'll whip one up.

Awesome, can't wait.

And you get a like! And you get a like! And you, and you, and you!

DUST University
#9 Posted: 2015.02.07 03:31
Do we get 195 loyalty points for fighting a faction battle?

"The Amarr people came into the world and the world came into being." - The Scriptures, Book I 1:14

Kirjuun Heiian
#10 Posted: 2015.02.07 04:13
TaaSr GunZ wrote:

No, those are points towards the faction loyalty store, not loyalty ranks.

Hnolai ki tuul, ti sei oni a tiu. Kirjuun Heiian.

I have a few alts.

DUST University
#11 Posted: 2015.02.08 04:28
MINA Longstrike wrote:
TaaSr GunZ wrote:

No, those are points towards the faction loyalty store, not loyalty ranks.

Thanks for the clarification 😊

"The Amarr people came into the world and the world came into being." - The Scriptures, Book I 1:14

Ikomari-Onu Enforcement
Caldari State
#12 Posted: 2015.02.08 09:36
Having just hit lvl 11 (Brigadier) I'd be curious to see what the other "titles" are all the way to 15?
Molon Labe.
#13 Posted: 2015.02.09 21:50
What a great post.

Add the # of points for each successive level, and this would become a one stop shop for loyalty.....

I hope you're well, my friend. Miss u. No homo.
Dead Man's Game
#14 Posted: 2015.02.17 00:10  |  Edited by: KEROSIINI-TERO
Kaze Eyrou wrote:

2 Aurum = 1 Loyalty Rank Point. (credit to Toadfox)
For example, Aurum spent on an item that cost 1,000 Aurum would grant you 500 Loyalty Rank points. Note that the text does say "purchasing Aurum", the actual purchase of the Aurum does not raise your Loyalty Rank. Only after spending the said Aurum will it contribute toward your Loyalty Rank.

EDIT/UPDATE: this post by me is no longer valid. CCP changed the system later.
This post shows the current Warlords 1.2 system.

Confirming that.
Reporting that as a bug.

Because, either the Loyalty gain is bugging,
OR
there is a bug (typo) in the text.

Sour level over 9000.

KERO-TRADER is my official Eve character for Dust trading.

DUST University
#15 Posted: 2015.02.17 19:14  |  Edited by: Kaze Eyrou
Just a quick update, Loyalty Rank Points are not being given anymore due to a big that has popped up today. This means Loyalty Ranks are frozen at the moment.

EDIT: It looks like they update each day instead of after each battle. Removed the previous edit about it being bugged.

DUST University
#16 Posted: 2015.02.28 23:45
Bump.

Sinq Laison Gendarmes
Gallente Federation
#17 Posted: 2015.03.02 09:21
Is that some of the worst incentive design - you hide how your incentive actually works and you don't make it update after doing the things you want the player to do - you make it update much latter?
DUST University
#18 Posted: 2015.03.02 14:15
Blake Kingston wrote:
Is that some of the worst incentive design - you hide how your incentive actually works and you don't make it update after doing the things you want the player to do - you make it update much latter?

I'm not sure I understand...

DUST University
#19 Posted: 2015.04.17 16:47
Stealth bump

Immortal Guides
#20 Posted: 2015.04.27 13:37
The effect of AUR was fairly easy to figure out. I am glad someone went to the effort to figure out some of the other factors that effect Loyalty Rank.

Hand/Eye coordination cannot be taught. For everything else there is the Learning Coalition.

2 Pages12Next page