^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

Boulder Rim Ambush Feedback!

Jump to first DEV post
Author
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 Posted: 2014.11.13 05:53  |  Edited by: CCP Frame

This thread is for specific feedback on any Boulder Rim map in the Ambush game mode. Please post any issues you have with the map in this thread. If addressing a specific section of the map, please include the grid coordinates included in the image above for easier verification.

CCP Frame, CCP Shanghai Team

DUST University
#2 Posted: 2014.11.13 07:06
First up, Smart Deploy will throw everyone all over the place, almost reminiscent of Ambush in Closed Beta days. Unlike all the other ambush maps where everyone spawns together, this map will spawn you in a free-for-all like spawn with enemies and friends all around you.

Is it possible to give us spawn locations where teams spawn within close proximity or even right next to each other?

Also, thank you for all the new maps!

See you later Space Cowboy. Bang.

Dead Man's Game
Preatoriani
#3 Posted: 2014.12.01 12:53
You can shoot through many big rocks on this map. And also spawn and be stuck inside of them.

The map is nice but I think their should be some sort of stairs (not ladders please) to go for the inside of the hangar to the rooftop easily. Right now, it takes a long time to cross the map arround this hangar to go up there^^

Also, as Kaze Eyrou said, smart deploy makes you spawn absolutely randomly on the map. Hopefully it's a quite small map so we can catch up with mates quickly :)

The redline doesn't seem to need any change as it's already a small map.

Assault, Logi, Scout, Heavy.. What do you need?

Commando Perkone
Caldari State
#4 Posted: 2015.01.09 03:17  |  Edited by: Bone Doc
Can you rotate the map horizontally 90 degrees the left on the overview map?
The Naughty Ninjas
#5 Posted: 2015.03.20 16:30
I have two issues with this map. The first and main issue I have is the way it spawns both teams at the beginning of the match. It seems to just throw people all over the place and it leads to people getting killed right at the start of the match before they can even assess where they are at. I just played this map and right at the start of the match an enemy was spawned no more than 20 feet from me with his back towards me. Needless to say he died really quick.

The second issue I have is spawning the bulk of one team on top of that structure in the center of the map and spawning the bulk of the other team down on the ground. The team that spawns with the high-ground has a substantial advantage right at the start of the match. I would like the spawn locations on this map for Ambush to be the same spawn locations you find when you play Domination on this map.

Thukker is Love, Thukker is Life