^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

No city maps

Author
Krusual Covert Operators
Minmatar Republic
#1 Posted: 2014.07.18 06:12
Suggestion

Make some maps with no cities / bridges. Just land and some basic obstacles. Maybe some of the smaller buildings, but height differences in the land

The more corners and alleys you have the easier it is for heavies and scouts to run rampant. How far can a scout run while under cloak? If every obstacle is within this range, they never have to be visible without cover. Heavies benefit from the same closeness of cover. The more cover the harder it is to mass fire on them. (side note - a train of Guardians makes it virtually impossible to do any serious harm. I saw three guardians for one heavy in an ambush. I'm guessing I could have emptied my entire AR clip into him and not killed him.)

Larger maps without cities would promote vehicles, laser rifles, rail rifles and maybe snipers and forge guns, depending on the size of the map and the height of the outlying areas.

Whenever you spawn people outside of a city on a large map, the scouts and the heavies make a beeline for the cities, because this is where they thrive.

The design of the map and the placement of the obstacles promote certain dropsuits and weapons, and consequently demote others.

-

I really don't expect any new maps, but when you make maps for the upcoming iteration of the game, keep this in mind, the design of the map matters.

Thanks for reading this.
Elite Intergalactic Mercenaries
#2 Posted: 2014.09.27 17:59
beep

i got left as ceo what do? pls join