CPM Campaigns

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

7 Pages123Next pageLast page

Zatara Rought for CPM1

Author
Fatal Absolution
#1 Posted: 2014.07.02 16:50  |  Edited by: Zatara Rought
My name is Zatara Rought and I am here to declare my candidacy for CPM1.

Who am I?

I’ve been playing since January last year. I was introduced to Dust by a friend after talking to him about a front page Reddit post about the battle of Asakai. When I started playing Dust I quickly fell in love with the complexity and the ideas behind it, something which has kept me here ever since.

Presently, I run a mercenary corporation called Fatal Absolution. As flawed as PC is, I enjoy it – the idea of having competitive and meaningful battles is something that really appeals to me.

What are my qualifications

I believe I’m qualified for the position because I have extensive experience of Dust. I’ve not been here since closed beta, but I’ve been here a long time – over 15 months now. During that time I’ve spent a large amount of time on Dust (over 60k kills on my main, and more on my alts), and I feel that I have an informed perspective on much of Dust having played all kinds of roles throughout my time. I believe I am among the top contenders of all the candidates for most time spent in game, being the only person with a main in the top 250 for kills/wp's, not counting alts as well.

I also have the most experience of any candidate in the competitive circuit, providing unique insight perhaps shared only by 1-2 other candidates. I've experienced dust from the perspective of a leader creating my corp Fatal Absolution exnihilo, and have worked endlessly with -many- other leaders in my time as a diplomat. Having been around the block in terms of having worked with numerous corps in PC has been quite an experience.

I believe that I can apply a logical player’s view to the problems facing Dust in the future and that I can effectively communicate that to CCP. I am an active participant in a number of Dust discussions (not always on the forums!) like Hans Jaegerblitzen’s Dust Scussion chat on Skype and a few episodes of GimbleB’s podcast Boots on the Ground such as this, I like to think that I can be an intelligent part of the discussion. If you want to know more, I’d encourage you to listen to this a podcast – hearing me talk about Dust is probably better than reading this!

Why I want to be on the CPM

I want to help improve the game. Smile Dust is something I’m really very passionate about. I spend a lot of time on it – playing it, talking on the forums, talking with friends I’ve made from this game.

It’s something that pains me when I see a part of it in a bad way – something that I’d very much like to do my part to address. This can range from the load times for my large contacts list [insert video soonTM documenting what i mean], to my mailbox being really annoying to navigate (i would prefer we could just scroll down and have it automatically open the mail below it instead of needing to close a mail, scroll down and open the next one, doing this 20-30x a day is a pain >.<), to neutral installations being destroyed as WP farms at the beginning of matches, to PC mechanics and beyond.

Dust514 needs to improve the sandbox

What drew me to dust wasn’t the polished mechanics of an AAA shooter. What drew me to dust was the scope of the universe and the depth of the fitting and SP system. What kept me around was the social interaction, hope of affecting something, and really, dreaming.

In Eve Online the thrill and consequences of choosing how to engage New Eden is truly immersive.

The most immersion I've felt in dust has been playing Planetary Conquest, and I'm rather disappointed about how far removed I feel even then. I want to scour and pool creativity to find a way to make dust more immersive in the same way – I want Dust to actually feel like it matters.

It’s a broad goal. It’s not something that’s going to be achieved easily or quickly but achieving a measure of success in this area would do wonders for making dust more appealing not by conformity, but through fleshing out our flavor. That which makes dust unique.

I want to feel like what I do matters. I want to feel myself exist in New Eden, and I want that for you as well. However, I recognise that we’ve got a long way to go on this and certainly some more thought needs to go into the basic mechanics of the bigger picture. This isn’t a simple topic and I don’t think there’s anything I can say here in particular to persuade you that I have good ideas on this, so I think the best way here is for you to ask me! Ask me about these things, I’d love to answer.

You can contact me through my Dust mail, twitter @ZataraRought, Skype (Zatara.Rought), or any other method that's convenient for you (just let me know). Big smile

Thank you for your consideration and your support.

No matter what. FAmily

Mercy may only be obtained in death. In other words; Fatal Absolution.

Fatal Absolution
#2 Posted: 2014.07.02 16:50  |  Edited by: Zatara Rought
Endorsements
1st Lieutenant Tiberius [CEO of 0.H]
Kevall Longstride [CEO Dust University, and candidate for CPM1]
Cross Atu [Prolific forum poster, and candidate for CPM1]
Killar12 [Widely known community member and CEO of The Corporate Raiders among others]
Thor Odinson [Director of Molon Labe.]
Funkmaster Whale [Fantastic Community Member and excellent shooter]
Kane Spero [CPM0 Member]
Fiddlestaxp [Director of TeamPlayers]
Hawkin P [CEO of Molon Labe.]
Dy5t0pia [CEO The dyst0pian Corporation]
kenKaniff69 [Former Director of FA]
TechMechMeds [Member of 0uter.Heaven]
Al the destroyer [Member of BSG]
Ghost Kaisar [Director of FA]
843-Bane/Epidemic [Director of Burgezz ETF and titleholder for highest win/loss rate in thunderdome matches]
Soraya Xel [Alliance Leader of Top Men. and Candidate for CPM1]
True Adamance [Renowned Amarr Loyalist and Community Member]
Deluxe Edition [Director of TeamPlayers]
Aeon Amadi [Prolific Forum Poster, Community member, and Candidate for CPM1]
The Black Jackal [Former CEO of TSOLE and Candidate for CPM1]

And of course a healthy contingent of my corp mates from FA and LoD.

Also if you have a sec and you want to show some support in the popular poll feel free to help me skew the results! Pirate

Furthermore here is my link to my vote match profile

No matter what. FAmily

Fatal Absolution
#3 Posted: 2014.07.02 16:50  |  Edited by: Zatara Rought
Answers to questions that have been asked in thread:

No matter what. FAmily

Fatal Absolution
Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
#4 Posted: 2014.07.02 17:07  |  Edited by: Wolfica
first,

On a real note though, Z has my support for candidate. Not just because he is the CEO of best corp ever... errr... I mean FA. but, because of his passion for making this game better. even with the bombshells dropped at fanfest, the lack of effort from CCP to make this game any better, and the joke of PC. he has stood by it and wants it to improve.

contact: wolfica514@gmail.com twitter:@Wolfica514 Skype:Wolfica.514

OG Director of FA, and owner of TLoDT

Random Gunz
#5 Posted: 2014.07.02 17:25  |  Edited by: Soraya Xel
Zatara is bad and should feel bad. And hates the playerbase, and helped with the blue donut, and is horrible.

Wolfica might've been first, but I'm the first troll. :)

In all seriousness, Zatara's done a great job setting himself apart as a great candidate.

CPM1 Elect. Thanks for all your support. soraya@biomassed.net for ideas, thoughts, and feedback.

#6 Posted: 2014.07.02 17:31
Soraya Xel wrote:
Zatara is bad and should feel bad. And hates the playerbase, and helped with the blue donut, and is horrible.

In all seriousness, Zatara's done a great job setting himself apart as a great candidate.

Except for the fact he asked in the thread for it to be moved instead of reading the stickies. He is bad and should feel bad for writing out, "Would you kindly move my thread over the the appropriate forum?" on the first post instead of reporting it like he is supposed to.
Fatal Absolution
#7 Posted: 2014.07.02 17:35
I just couldn't resist the Bioshock reference. >.<

No matter what. FAmily

0FKS GVN
#8 Posted: 2014.07.02 18:09
Appia Vibbia wrote:
Soraya Xel wrote:

Except for the fact he asked in the thread for it to be moved instead of reading the stickies. He is bad and should feel bad for writing out, "Would you kindly move my thread over the the appropriate forum?" on the first post instead of reporting it like he is supposed to.
STFU and go eat a ham hock already.
#9 Posted: 2014.07.02 18:11
+1
Fatal Absolution
#10 Posted: 2014.07.02 18:22
Please brosef's I appreciate the support and ask that posts here remain as professional and focused as possible. Thank you.

No matter what. FAmily

Fatal Absolution
#11 Posted: 2014.07.02 18:45  |  Edited by: Skeletor Voltron
A lot of people will be biased against voting in Zatara because of his prominence in PC and the divisive turmoil derived from being a longtime PC player, but I can't honestly think of another person running who has spent so much time in this game and has so much dedication to it.
He loves this game a lot and has a lot of great ideas that would improve it, and he's one of the best at finding whatever the best direction is because of his instinct to critique everything, especially himself, he just needs to be in a position to do it. I truly believe he would work with the community to make great changes to the game.

Also he's my dad... But shhh

FA's daddy bear

Forever Faabulous

Kang Lo Directorate
Gallente Federation
#12 Posted: 2014.07.03 04:14
Skeletor Voltron wrote:
A lot of people will be biased against voting in Zatara because of his prominence in PC and the divisive turmoil derived from being a longtime PC player, but I can't honestly think of another person running who has spent so much time in this game and has so much dedication to it.
He loves this game a lot and has a lot of great ideas that would improve it, and he's one of the best at finding whatever the best direction is because of his instinct to critique everything, especially himself, he just needs to be in a position to do it. I truly believe he would work with the community to make great changes to the game.

Also he's my dad... But shhh

Anyone is better than iron wolf saber.

Don't vote for iron wolf saber. Vote for someone who will help the community i.e. anyone else.

Fatal Absolution
#13 Posted: 2014.07.03 06:33
I have completed my vote match information. <3

http://dust.eve-csm.com/candidate.php?id=75

No matter what. FAmily

The Unholy Legion Of DarkStar
DARKSTAR ARMY
#14 Posted: 2014.07.03 09:17
Hello!

Great OP - i think its really nice to see some candidates who are playing at the very top of the game running for CPM. I think that perhaps gives you a huge advantage over many of the other runners given that they perhaps see only 50% of the game really so really quite excited to hear more about your thoughts on how this top tier of the game (or end game?) player base can be represented.

Some questions if i may,

1 - Loved the commentary about Dusts major gripes (WP leaching, PC issues etc) would would you feel is a quick win, low hanging fruit type of fix that would get more people into PC perhaps? Given the context that Rattati is making some excellent hot fix tweaks, what do you feel could be achieved in the next patch to enable or enrich PC?

Thanks for the reply!

CEO
Fatal Absolution
#15 Posted: 2014.07.03 12:08  |  Edited by: Zatara Rought
CEOPyrex CloneA wrote:
Hello!

Great OP - i think its really nice to see some candidates who are playing at the very top of the game running for CPM. I think that perhaps gives you a huge advantage over many of the other runners given that they perhaps see only 50% of the game really so really quite excited to hear more about your thoughts on how this top tier of the game (or end game?) player base can be represented.

Some questions if i may,

1 - Loved the commentary about Dusts major gripes (WP leaching, PC issues etc) would would you feel is a quick win, low hanging fruit type of fix that would get more people into PC perhaps? Given the context that Rattati is making some excellent hot fix tweaks, what do you feel could be achieved in the next patch to enable or enrich PC?

Thanks for the reply!

CEO

I honestly don't know exactly what is within the scope of a hotfix TBH. I don't think that something like lowering the isk entry price somehow would be enough to entice more players to commit to PC.

I have definitely been a proponent for a long time of enticing small corps to be able to participate in PC by making some districts smaller, and thus require only 8 players instead of 16 for battles. I have been preaching this for a long time, yet I don't pretend to assume it is feasible now.

We need CCP to be explicitly clear about what is within the realm of possibility. Can we ask for some new development that would include this if it was made a priority by the community?

I feel strongly PC must be fostered as if allows the most immersion many have ever felt playing dust, and has been a release valve for those who were left craving more than stomping pubs otherwise.

On the flip side of the coin, the opportunity cost needs to be weighed. While PC is the lifeblood of the competitive community on Dust, adding increased immersion to public matches and faction warfare may yield important results if changes could be made there as well, such as team deploy (assuming the wrinkles can be worked out) or perhaps allowing in some form or fashion for you to influence the area of your fight. I've never been satisfied that instant battles offered me nothing of their context in New Eden aside from a shallow name I don't have any idea about who I am and what I am accomplishing. Same in FW. I know which faction I choose, but FW standings and battles offer me little immersion aside from a few RP players.

This is a recurring theme of my campaign. We need clear direction and expectations from CCP about what is plausible.

We can't hold them accountable and make informed decisions relative to opportunity costs of development time until this is crystal clear.

No matter what. FAmily

BurgezzE.T.F
#16 Posted: 2014.07.03 12:52
I support Zatara, and much endorsements are being sent across the sea unto him from me.

Vote Zatara \o/

PSN: Mudluck

843 HQ: www.843.enjin.com

Highest ever Thunderdome Win/Loss Title holder - 18-1

0uter.Heaven
#17 Posted: 2014.07.03 22:03  |  Edited by: 1st Lieutenant Tiberius
I support Zatara and wish him the best in his campaign.

My reasoning comes down to the blatant fact that if there is anyone that will be representing the playerbase it should be a person who, not only plays regularly, but also one who is engaged in both the casual and competitive side of Dust514, and I have been playing with and against Zatara for almost a year now, both in public contracts and Planetary Conquest. I believe that balancing should be done at the competitive level and not through data acquired from public contracts, this is something I hold in high regard and hope that Zatara will keep in mind throughout his term, if he were to win.

Looking at the CPM1 candidate list I hardly see many that I have encountered in battle (and I play a lot), even less so people who I have encountered in PC (I play a lot of that too), Zatara is in fact one of the couple candidates I have seen actively play PC, recently and historically.

I look forward to seeing you serve your term and helping to improve Dust514, more specifically at it's competitive level in Planetary Conquest.

Best of luck my friend o7

The Sinwarden of 0uter.Heaven

Fatal Absolution
#18 Posted: 2014.07.03 22:14
Zatara Rought wrote:
Endorsements
Ghost Kaiser [Director of FA]

Confirming this. Also, great link for my endorsement Big smile

Although you spelled my name wrong Pirate.

Anyways, I've played and talked with Zatara for almost half a year now (I think), and I honestly believe him to be one of the best choices for CPM.

He cares deeply about this game, and is driven to improve the players experience.

He has my vote, and it's not as a friend or a member of his corp.

It's because I honestly believe that he can help this game deliver it's idea and dream that captured us when we started playing this game over a year ago (or even longer for some).

Re-Re-Re-Re-Retired PC Scout. I miss the old days ;_;

You never just leave Dust. Your story will last forever.

Crux Special Tasks Group
Gallente Federation
#19 Posted: 2014.07.04 08:39
Zatara has my vote. He's the only candidate that understands what is necessary for to make dust into a competitive AAA FPS title and will communicate his ideas effectively with CCP. While he might be a rage monster in the game, outside he is able to be diplomatic and pragmatic.
#20 Posted: 2014.07.04 11:24
Deluxe Edition wrote:
Zatara has my vote. He's the only candidate that understands what is necessary for to make dust into a competitive AAA FPS title and will communicate his ideas effectively with CCP. While he might be a rage monster in the game, outside he is able to be diplomatic and pragmatic.

In his defense, I think we've all had our rage monster moments with Dust 514, specifically Lol

But in all seriousness, Zatara another candidate you guys should be voting for, ladies and gentlemen. Zatara Rought is -incredibly- valuable to the CPM because of the position he's held in PC that's lasted probably longer than most if not all of the other candidates. I'm more of a generalist when it comes to the overall experience of the game, focusing more on the metaphysical experience than the actual in-game experience and it's important to have someone like Zatara balance out the bias objectively, something he does well.

(Former) CPM2 Representative for Dust 514 and Project Nova

7 Pages123Next pageLast page