#1 Posted: 2014.06.28 09:26  |  Edited by: Judge Rhadamanthus
VIDEO links that will help you :

How to vote - VOTING IS OPEN NOW!

Announcement Video
What is the CPM?
How does the voting work?

Quote:
My goals for the CPM are simple, yet comprehensive:

I will bring into sharp focus for CCP the issues the community asks me to.
I will support DUST as a live game played and actively enjoyed by many.
I will, if requested, assist with CCPs new projects, but not at the expense of DUST.
I will not advocate for, or favour, any particular interest group.
I will end the deafening silence between CCP, the CPM and the community.

What is it that you think the CPM is capable of doing? What is it you are going to ask them to do for you? Think these questions over as their answers are the most important ones for choosing a player to sit on the CPM for you.

Perhaps you would answer that the NPE or gun balance are the most important. Perhaps new features, maps or vehicles. The details are important, but the essence of the questions is what they will do. Will they act? Can they act? The thing you ask for is secondary to their ability and willingness to actually do the thing you ask.

A candidate’s ability and drive to act on your behalf are essential, but useless if they cannot work with you through the process. Can they accurately convey your message to CCP and will they convey CCPs response to you to your satisfaction?

When you look at my candidacy, or at any others; think not just about the subjects they say are their main focus, but at their history at delivering value to the community. Have they demonstrated that they do care about the community? How long have they worked to make the game better? What have they done this year or last year for the community? Are the things they have done mainly beneficial for their corp or their wallet? What good is a promise to act if the past contains no history of action?

I set up the 1st Airborne in-game channel to gather and train new pilots and made it into the number one pilot channel. I realised how difficult dropships were to operate so made and published the go to video training series on learning to fly to improve the new player experience. I have made detailed proposals to improve Dropships and infantry gameplay, such as my transportation concept and my detailed video showing the rendering issues in build 1.4 . I helped the new CCP team at their request by comparing and compiling all the vehicle camera views from each build, I highlighted the balance issues with rail tanks, the severe imbalance issues effecting swarms, the issue with cloaks allowing weapons to be fired from cloaked, numerous videos highlighting bugs and much more.

I have demonstrated my commitment to providing feedback and helping the community. I have already put countless hours into videos that contain all my reasoning and all the facts so the community can have the information they need to discuss game issues and respond to the developers. This is what I bring to the CPM. No matter the topic, I absolutely guarantee I will bring the same logic, reason and facts to bear on it.

If you want to see how I work, then it is there for you to review, frame by frame. My ability to communicate, to reason is there for you to see, nothing hidden, no facts excluded; fully transparent. I have proven that I will make great efforts on the communities’ behalf.

Email Me judgerhadamanthus@gmail.com Twitter @Judge_EVELegion

Amarr Templar One
#2 Posted: 2014.06.28 09:27  |  Edited by: Judge Rhadamanthus
On getting CCP to interact with players and the CPM

The CPM white paper defines the CPM members’ avenue of interaction with CCP employees. CCPs development and DUST staff are professionals working on a product. As such the CPM is required to conduct itself in a professional manner. The White paper defines clearly the manner of our interaction with CCP :

Quote:
Should the CPM wish to discuss a topic with CCP, they may do so either through a thread on
the internal forum, an email/document to be forwarded by the CPM coordinator, or by requesting
a meeting with the interested parties to be scheduled by the CPM coordinator.

All meetings should be prefaced with a comprehensive agenda, to be written by the party
requesting the meeting, to help focus discussion and allow for both parties to properly prepare
all relevant materials beforehand.

Professional communication and respect for the procedures established to build personal relationships and garner a structured work practice are the keys to ensuring the CPM and anything they wish to communicate are given due attention.

I have worked as a qualification holding senior project manager on software development projects for 20 years. My teams ranged from 5 to 50 staff. My job is to ensure that contracts are adhered to and work handled by the correct team. It is my job to ensure that requirements are accurately and professionally communicated to the correct people and that any work order is given a stake holder and an accountable implementation schedule.

This is how you ensure that any issue large or small is acted on in a timely manner. The correct channels are used, the work order goes to the correct team and any work order is delivered in the manner that matches the recipient teams acceptance criteria. When these criteria are met then we can hold the recipient, CCP, accountable for any task they have acquiesced to. We can then schedule follow up on the point of delivery and pass agreed actions to the sponser, Rattati in this case.

On Dusts Future

We are all aware of Legion. But as of June 29th 2014 it has not been greenlit. DUST and Legion are in a state of flux presently. CCP has defined the terms that govern DUSTs development. Changes can and will be made regularly to game assets server side. This means for example no changes to maps or the DUST interface like your HUD. But they can change weapon damage, character speed and add weapon types. DUST development has been restricted and should Legion get greenlit then under the currently defined model DUST will continue to receive hotfixes but no major releases. In other words we may get 1.9, but at this time it is not planned.

DUST should remain an enjoyable game that is accessible to those with so much commitment to it. Just because legion is promised does not mean that DUST is suddenly a lesser game than it was before Legion was announced. DUST is getting better and many thousands enjoy it. I would like to see it exist as it does now. A game that gets updated regularly not just with content changes but with events.

Until CCP announce DUST is closed, It must be treated as a fully operational game that has a playerbase that deserves fair treatment. I would like to see more major releases, a 1.9, and for more content to be added. I don’t think this is outside of a smaller teams ability. I would also like to see the DUST ip, be it legion or DUST on the ps4.

On openness

In the past CCP and the CPM have treated communications as if it were an event; a statement of intent or a non-interactive bulletin when something news worthy occurs.

That is not communication. It is the CPMs responsibility to bridge the gap between CCP and the players. We are expected to have a foot in each camp and so know what it is the community would like to know and what it is CCP would like to know from the community.

The CPM need to agree with their community a regular time and manner in which they will, without fail, give them updates on the issues the community has asked them to raise. We need to held accountable to that promise by them. The community must know what we are doing and which one of us is responsible for doing it. They need to know exactly where to find this information and it should be clear and professional.

The biggest issue we have currently is that information appears in different places, Sometimes a Dev blog, sometimes the forum, sometimes in an obscure IRC channel. My goal is to give the players a distributed information system. Not all of us care for IRC, or the forum. Many prefer YouTube or web blogs. The CPM needs to make sure any information that emerges in one place appears in all places.

There should be a central hub., The main portal to information from the CPM. This is essential. But we must not ignore those who, for whatever reason, do not like to engage with the style of hub we choose.

On the CPM I would ensure that regular, schedule information is given to the players. Sometimes this will mean, due to the NDA, that all we can tell you is that your complaint was given to CCP. But even inside of an NDA we can, and I will, make sure that you get some idea of what is going on.

If an issue arises you can be told the time and date of when it was passed to a CCP team. Telling the community that I am seeking a meeting to discuss weapon balance does not breach NDA. It would if I mention a weapon no one knows about, but simple, clear statements of the actions I am taking weekly on the players behalf is my goal

Amarr Templar One
#3 Posted: 2014.06.28 09:28  |  Edited by: Judge Rhadamanthus
On what’s Important.

Every day every one of DUSTs items is used by someone. Every gun is fired, every map played and every vehicle driven. All of these assets are used by a player; a person who sat down in their free time to get enjoyment from DUST. Anything that effects their enjoyment is as important as any other.

Because one group of players is vocal, or larger numbers use a particular gun or run a particular game mode does not give them priority over those who use the less popular weapons or suits.

When we talk about what is important we can only state what is particularly relevant currently. It is not a matter of one feature being of a higher level than another, it is one of urgency and scale. Every bug that causes a player frustration is as important as the next. However not all issues have the same urgency or scale.

For example; the bug we have currently that causes the message telling you the button to press when exiting a vehicle to never go away effects every single player who uses a vehicle. Is this Urgent? And what is the scale of the problem? Its scale is a factor of the number of people it effects and the manner in which it effects their ability to enjoy and play the game. Its urgency is a response to it’s scale. Does not fixing this cause game breaking activity?

In this example the scale is mild. And it is non urgent. People can still operate their vehicles in every way that they require to play the game and the result of the bug is cosmetic, so it does not break gameplay in anyway.

The same questions apply to the new player experience. But here we find it is urgent and large scale. Many are effected and in such a manner that their experience of the game is negatively impacted. So we may decide to elevate the NPE above the button message bug. But both need to be addressed.

The things I see as important are those that are currently large scale and high urgency. But this list will change as and when action is taken to address item on the list. The issues that greatly effect the players are thus defined into the issues that I care most about. I am a community representative after all. The items I will act on are the ones CCP and/or the players identify. It would be presumptive of me to tell you that the NPE or weapon balance are the most urgent large scale problems.

Sure, there are some areas I feel personally are urgent and large scale but I will put those aside if other issues are scaled higher than them. My career is based on doing this.

It would be arrogant to state that the NPE or scouts or that vehicle balance are my priorities for my term when I am on the CPM. I don’t get the luxury to make those decisions. I have no agenda for the CPM, to do so would be to admit that I am placing my wishes above yours. I do have great experience of all aspects of the game. I can apply this to the topics the community raises or to the discussions CCP initiate with me. But I am not free to push my desires for DUST onto you, or onto CCP. Read the CPM white paper, it is quite clear on this.

Providentia Aeternam
#4 Posted: 2014.06.28 10:16
I'm pretty happy with your videos. You have a decent general analysis of the game

But I'm not an idiot, the CPM is useless. Just the announcement of the Legion project is proof that CCP ignores the CPM.

Judge Magister Inquisitor

ShareHolder de l'alliance Devil's Descendants

DUST University
#5 Posted: 2014.06.28 11:53
Good to see you run Judge. +1 Smile
I actually think we have a very good selection of candidates (you included), and I am looking forward to place my vote(s).

Do you plan to use your YouTube channel to highlight the subjects brought up by the community, or to initiate discussions? Or do you fear your regular CPM work will consume all your time at the expense of making videos, if elected?

I am interested to hear your thoughts about CCP Rattati's latest shift in player communication and hotfixes. How do you see yourself as part of that process, and do you have any suggestion on how to further improve / speed up the communication process?

Thanks for your time.
0uter.Heaven
#6 Posted: 2014.06.28 12:32
Are you familiar with the competitive scene in DUST? PC mechanics, the current infantry meta and vehicle meta? I have honestly never seen you in a competitive environment.

& justice for all

Amarr Templar One
#7 Posted: 2014.06.28 15:39  |  Edited by: Judge Rhadamanthus
Shadow of War88 wrote:
Are you familiar with the competitive scene in DUST? PC mechanics, the current infantry meta and vehicle meta? I have honestly never seen you in a competitive environment.

I used an ALT to PC with, right from the fist day of land grabbing. So that I might gain the experience in a neutral way. You may well have played me, but my alt has "a bad mic that distorts the sound a bit". But I removed myself from PC when the district locking started as I didn't feel it was a fair mechanic for the rest of the population.

I did PC with SI on my main though.

And the lag was making me enjoy the experience rather less then I hoped.

The Unholy Legion Of DarkStar
DARKSTAR ARMY
#8 Posted: 2014.06.28 17:27
I'll reply here with what i have already said in another thread:

I would also throw my hat in for Judge.

I've been a game developer for many years now, and i've spoken to Judge first hand as well as seen his vids. The one point i would want to make is that if Judge was a fan of the games i personally made then i would put good stock in his opinions.

Why?

Because he's analytical in nature. He considers the problem, dissects it and considers 'all' angles as to why the problem may exist, but also into multiple potential solutions to address said problem.

I don't always agree with Judge's opinions, but if he was giving me feedback on my games.. then i could rely on the fact Judge is the kind of person who might spot something my colleagues and i had missed and would be able to present that information to us in a concise and precise manner.

That is something like gold dust to developers who have their head constantly stuck in the internal systems of a game and sometimes don't give ourselves enough time to step back and look at the larger picture.

So yes.. i believe Judge would make a great candidate.. plus he's got the patience to listen to opinions and after listening he's not arrogant about his own opinion to the point of excluding yours.. He'll consider the new facts and then add it to what he already knows and draw up a revised opinion based on the new information.

That's exactly the kind of person i'd want giving me feedback on my games.

+1 vote.

In another post i also said the following:

Personally i believe that Judge is more an advocate of 'fun' than 'winning'.

The point i'm making with that statement is that when nothing effects you and everything just becomes dead easy.. it's also very easy to become incredibly bored.

For instance.. you wouldn't get a surge of adrenaline squishing a load of ants, but face a tiger and you'll get a rush for sure. Some players desire challenge to make a game interesting (I'd like to say most but i don't know how apt that is).. i believe Judge to be one of those people. He'd be the first to admit if his setup was overpowered and wouldn't advocate that something overpowered become even more overpowered.

We have to remember, the game should be fun.. and people that are an advocate of fun before winning are the kind of people we need to help guide the balance of the game and raise uneven issues to CCP's attention.
Random Gunz
#9 Posted: 2014.06.28 20:45
This question might seem familiar:

You're very well known for videos demonstrating technical issues and balance problems with the game. A truly valuable contribution. Personally though, I feel that is only one small part of what is involved in being a CPM. What do you feel you have to contribute in terms of ensuring the community is supported from a customer service standpoint? On issues like the EULA/ToS and ensuring CPM feedback is not ignored by CCP, do you feel you'll be able to contribute as strongly? What about regarding the link between EVE and DUST/Legion or metagame issues like alliances and sovereignty?

CPM1 Elect. Thanks for all your support. soraya@biomassed.net for ideas, thoughts, and feedback.

Amarr Templar One
#10 Posted: 2014.06.28 20:55
Soraya Xel wrote:
This question might seem familiar:

You're very well known for videos demonstrating technical issues and balance problems with the game. A truly valuable contribution. Personally though, I feel that is only one small part of what is involved in being a CPM. What do you feel you have to contribute in terms of ensuring the community is supported from a customer service standpoint? On issues like the EULA/ToS and ensuring CPM feedback is not ignored by CCP, do you feel you'll be able to contribute as strongly? What about regarding the link between EVE and DUST/Legion or metagame issues like alliances and sovereignty?

That's several questions, most of which span different areas that are not aligned down a single conversational thread. A single question would be easier for readers to follow the path of our interaction.

Random Gunz
#11 Posted: 2014.06.28 21:12
So you've refused to answer along these lines twice now, for a completely mystifying reason, and now you won't answer because I asked more questions than you want to answer at a time? If you feel that the inquiry needs to be broken up, break it up. I won't be offended if you reformat the question a bit.

CPM1 Elect. Thanks for all your support. soraya@biomassed.net for ideas, thoughts, and feedback.

Amarr Templar One
#12 Posted: 2014.06.28 21:34
Soraya Xel wrote:
So you've refused to answer along these lines twice now, for a completely mystifying reason, and now you won't answer because I asked more questions than you want to answer at a time? If you feel that the inquiry needs to be broken up, break it up. I won't be offended if you reformat the question a bit.

This response is unexpectedly aggressive considering my quite reasonable request that we tackle the topics one at a time.

Nos Nothi
#13 Posted: 2014.06.28 21:47  |  Edited by: Adipem Nothi
Soraya Xel wrote:

He is right to object to your compound questions.

Are you the only prospective CPM seeking to flay Judge Rhad?
Random Gunz
#14 Posted: 2014.06.28 21:56
It is essentially one topic, and he has been repetitively evading it. Let me rephrase:

Judge, what do you feel you can contribute to the CPM outside of in-game balance issues?

Random Gunz
#15 Posted: 2014.06.28 22:00
Judge Rhadamanthus wrote:
This response is unexpectedly aggressive considering my quite reasonable request that we tackle the topics one at a time.

You had different excuses in your last thread, as well. The goal of me asking is decide if you will be on my voting ballot, and where you will be on it. You have rebuked any attempt to communicate privately, citing transparency, and have refused, multiple times now, to answer questions in a public forum as well.

Amarr Templar One
#16 Posted: 2014.06.28 22:17
Soraya Xel wrote:
It is essentially one topic, and he has been repetitively evading it. Let me rephrase:

Judge, what do you feel you can contribute to the CPM outside of in-game balance issues?

I'm sorry, but I will not let you accuse me of evading your multiple topic question when I simply asked that we focus the conversation. I will not respond to such a overtly rude post. Be civil and respectful and I'll happily answer.

Ostrakon Agency
Gallente Federation
#17 Posted: 2014.06.28 22:24
Soraya Xel wrote:
Judge Rhadamanthus wrote:

You had different excuses in your last thread, as well. The goal of me asking is decide if you will be on my voting ballot, and where you will be on it. You have rebuked any attempt to communicate privately, citing transparency, and have refused, multiple times now, to answer questions in a public forum as well.

I would like to know more information from Judge Rhadamanthus as well, but I think to make the conversation easy to follow, perhaphs you Soraya could ask your top 3 questions? Also do remember that Judge Rhadamanthus has just entered his name recently for candidacy and might now have time for a full write up as he does have reserved spaces in this forum.
Random Gunz
#18 Posted: 2014.06.28 22:30
I only have one question, lithkul.

Fatal Absolution
Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
#19 Posted: 2014.06.28 23:04  |  Edited by: Arkena Wyrnspire
I don't understand why there's a problem with asking a few questions instead of one.
I would also like to see these answered.

If you want it broken up:
1. What do you feel you have to contribute in terms of ensuring the community is supported from a customer service standpoint?

2. On issues like the EULA/ToS and ensuring CPM feedback is not ignored by CCP, do you feel you'll be able to contribute as strongly?

3. What about regarding the link between EVE and DUST/Legion or metagame issues like alliances and sovereignty?

A couple of my own questions.
4. What would you want to be the future of DUST given that Legion is going to supercede it and only a skeleton crew still works on DUST?

5. What would you like to see done to improve CPM communication, and how restricted do you think you'll be by the NDA?

Gentlemen. It has been a pleasure. o7

Amarr Templar One
#20 Posted: 2014.06.28 23:09  |  Edited by: Judge Rhadamanthus
Arkena Wyrnspire wrote:
snip...questions

I have centralised some text from my responses to others elsewhere in to the reserved section, and this one too. I feel these older texts will address many of the questions raised so far.

7 Pages123Next pageLast page