7 Pages123Next pageLast page

An Announcement On The Future Of The World Of Darkness Project

Jump to first DEV post
Author
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 Posted: 2014.04.14 15:15  |  Edited by: CCP Frame
Hey guys,

As some of you may already be aware from the press release on www.ccpgames.com, the World of Darkness MMO project has been cancelled, effective today, April 14, 2014.

While this is a sad moment for those affected, this puts us in a far stronger position to devote more time and resources to the EVE Universe and our projects therein.

You can read the full press release on our website here, and if you want to discuss it, please do so in this thread to keep discussion focused.

We'll also be answering questions here as and when we can, so please feel free to ask if you have any queries.

Thanks.

CCP Falcon || Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

#2 Posted: 2014.04.14 15:23
Dust next?

Mr. Hybrid Vayu.

shadows of 514
#3 Posted: 2014.04.14 15:23
nnnnnOOOOOOOooooooo :-( though i understand the dession what is happening with the IP of the title

You can never have to many chaples -Templar True adamance

C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 Posted: 2014.04.14 15:25
The Attorney General wrote:
Dust next?

No. We are still fully committed to developing EVE, DUST and Valkyrie. Lots of things will be shown around the games in the EVE Universe come Fanfest.

CCP Saberwing // DUST 514 Community Manager // @kanafchian

Negative-Feedback.
Negative-Feedback
#5 Posted: 2014.04.14 15:26
Sucks to hear for those who lost their jobs, although it's a sad reality of the video game industry that this happens on a regular basis.

Do we know how many of the remaining Atlanta team will be working on Dust?

I make videos of EVE and Dust http://www.youtube.com/mrgimbleb

I write about EVE and Dust http://mrgimbleb.blogspot.com

#6 Posted: 2014.04.14 15:28
What was World Of Darkness?

Destiny won't kill Dust.

CCP already did that.

C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 Posted: 2014.04.14 15:29
Starfire Revo wrote:

Can't go in to specifics, but the team remaining in Atlanta will be working on the games set in the EVE Universe.

Internal Error.
Negative-Feedback
#8 Posted: 2014.04.14 15:29
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6141/5951357509_1b0b488c03_m.jpg

ISK? Blown millions of it. Nay, billions. Nay, trillions.

BetaMax.
#9 Posted: 2014.04.14 15:35
welp,

there goes my dreams of becoming a demonic vampire overlord.
KILL-EM-QUICK
#10 Posted: 2014.04.14 15:37
CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

As some of you may already be aware from the press release on www.ccpgames.com, the World of Darkness MMO project has been cancelled, effective today, April 14, 2014.

While this is a sad moment for those affected, this puts us in a far stronger position to devote more time and resources to the EVE Universe and our projects therein.

You can read the full press release on our website here, and if you want to discuss it, please do so in this thread to keep discussion focused.

We'll also be answering questions here as and when we can, so please feel free to ask if you have any queries.

Thanks.

Will there be a Kickstarter to restart the WOD online project at a future date? Or will the rights be "sold" to other parties?
Red Star.
#11 Posted: 2014.04.14 15:38
Not suprised

WOD wasnt even working or anything with no revenue being brought in

CCP Rattati - "One giant vehicle nerf with more power to AV", you have got to be kidding...''

C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 Posted: 2014.04.14 15:42
Jadd Hatchen wrote:

Will there be a Kickstarter to restart the WOD online project at a future date? Or will the rights be "sold" to other parties?

No. CCP believes that Kickstarter / crowdfunding is best for starting projects and not finishing them - so it didn't feel like the right path to take.

shadows of 514
#13 Posted: 2014.04.14 15:48
So are doing to do a Microsoft and hold onto the ip indenfently or will buying it be an option. Exploring options counts as an answer. A LOT of people where looking forword to this iv got a facebook group im part of allready calling for blood (i dont think their joking either)

If this is not handled correct their could be significant backlash from the wider communty. This is a sad day for gaming

C C P
C C P Alliance
#14 Posted: 2014.04.14 15:50
steadyhand amarr wrote:
So are doing to do a Microsoft and hold onto the ip indenfently or will buying it be an option. Exploring options counts as an answer. A LOT of people where looking forword to this iv got a facebook group im part of allready calling for blood (i dont think their joking either)

If this is not handled correct their could be significant backlash from the wider communty. This is a sad day for gaming

This will be looked at over the next few months. The WoD IP is very valuable and nothings been decided at the moment.

The Hetairoi
#15 Posted: 2014.04.14 16:01
CCP Saberwing wrote:
Starfire Revo wrote:

Can't go in to specifics, but the team remaining in Atlanta will be working on the games set in the EVE Universe.

Does that mean we will FINALLY get some CCP events in atlanta?

FUCK CCP

Mikramurka Shock Troop
Minmatar Republic
#16 Posted: 2014.04.14 16:02
jenza aranda wrote:
welp,

there goes my dreams of becoming a demonic vampire overlord.

...and my admittedly far-future dreams of a halloween crossover event where we mercs could head over there and kick vampire ass with silver ion plasmas and hand-engraved Matari silver rounds.

Vampires, pshaw, i face packs of tanked clackers everyday. The horror, the horror.....

PSN: RationalSpark

D.A.R.K L.E.G.I.O.N
D.E.F.I.A.N.C.E
#17 Posted: 2014.04.14 16:09
This either bodes really well for Dust, or really badly.

Best of luck to all those developers/artists/programmers/etc who are out on the market. A lot of downsizing has been going on as of late in the games industry.

If you find an issue and I stumble upon your thread, I will do my darnedest to get the issue known.

Also, Raptors...

Hyasyoda Terrestrial Acquisitions Firm
#18 Posted: 2014.04.14 16:10
Finally! Good move CCP.

It always seemed to me that EVE's Incarna disaster and Dust's missing features (persistent Warbarge?, Missing Vehicles, Game Types, and Assets, as well as general anemic performance) were directly and indirectly based on an over-reach to unify WoD environment design (always quite stunning and requiring nothing but the best in video performance) across all of CCP's properties.

Clearly the scale of the project was too large to deliver in a reasonable time. Further more, It was never going to work and support "reasonable computers" (non-bleeding edge PC's and console platforms), where the bulk of your customers are.

Godspeed, and good luck!.

CCP is (finally) steering off that lee shore.

shadows of 514
#19 Posted: 2014.04.14 16:10
CCP Saberwing wrote:
steadyhand amarr wrote:

This will be looked at over the next few months. The WoD IP is very valuable and nothings been decided at the moment.

Fair thank you for answering as honstly as u can i hope somthing can be done with IP to make all partys happy.

Also silver does nothing to vampires. Its sunlight or flame or a crap ton of effort :-P

KILL-EM-QUICK
Rise Of Legion.
#20 Posted: 2014.04.14 16:11
I'm sorry for you guys but I'm glad for new Eden.

I am GJRs Renfield.

You heard it here first, I told you so.

7 Pages123Next pageLast page