Things Dust Bunnies Say!

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Fatal Absolution
Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
#1 Posted: 2014.01.21 14:40  |  Edited by: THUNDERGROOVE
Things Dust Bunnies Say!
Generated ~3400 phrases!

Hello! For the past couple hours I've been working on a little website using Django that does the following

• Every hour goes into general discussion and creates a list of words used.
  • Very unintelligently using the word list creates a sentence and spits it out for you.

You can check it out here.

I know it doesn't really have to do with any existing APIs but this was the most fitting place to put it.

If you would like to poll this for sentences just go to here

Notice: If you get 503 errors that's likely me pushed updated code, check back in a minute or so and it should be functional!

The domain is provided by Grit Breather, he's an awesome guy and check out his site here: Stuff514

The enemies of God stand broken before us. The light of the Reclaiming shines over them!

12/13/14 Never forget

Fatal Absolution
#2 Posted: 2014.01.22 04:12  |  Edited by: THUNDERGROOVE
Updated to use a Markov Chain instead of picking words randomly, you get funny phrases like:

• derpship... you need a break from Dust! I'll just go hop on the big picture.Dust is at least not since 1.4.Again, if afk'ers feel blueberries trash
  • I will contact you about this to see that happen.But people are trained to play the game on a bus full of civilians is what god
  • quite understand the cause of AFKing is also one of my tank and tried to be to make them fair.I must laugh that you deserve money

The enemies of God stand broken before us. The light of the Reclaiming shines over them!

12/13/14 Never forget

Fatal Absolution
#3 Posted: 2014.01.23 00:26
Just added a filter to adjust the phrases that come out. Instead of :

• wow, who would make this stupid "website.

You get

• Wow, who would make this stupid website.

Currently working on making the site a little more friendly to people with Javascript disabled.

12/13/14 Never forget

Positive-Feedback.
Control-Alt-Duvolle
#4 Posted: 2014.01.23 06:09
This is great!!

Dust 514 Market Trello. The essential resource for trading in Dust.

Fatal Absolution
#5 Posted: 2014.01.23 06:18
Jadek Menaheim wrote:
This is great!!

Any suggestions on things to change or fix?

12/13/14 Never forget

Random Gunz
#6 Posted: 2014.01.23 06:54
The scary thing is, this writing isn't far from the average posting quality of people in GD...

CPM1 Elect. Thanks for all your support. soraya@biomassed.net for ideas, thoughts, and feedback.

The Corporate Raiders
Team Amarrica
#7 Posted: 2014.01.23 07:03
I love you for thisBig smile

[12:23:46 AM] Breakin Stuff: GODIN THAT IS HANDS DOWN THE STUPIDEST F*ING THING YOU HAVE EVER SAID

C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 Posted: 2014.01.23 10:29
Hahaha cool stuff. Really cool to see another OpenShift project as well.

CCP FoxFour // Technical Designer

http://twitter.com/regnerba

Subdreddit
#9 Posted: 2014.01.23 10:48
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Hahaha cool stuff. Really cool to see another OpenShift project as well.

The Fox is back! I heard you shouldn't be working right now?
#10 Posted: 2014.01.23 12:10  |  Edited by: Aeon Amadi
I actually find this rather terrifying. Pretty soon people are going to use this as "evidence" that something is over-powered.

Edit: On a side note this is rather entertaining...

"SaberwingHey!Yet another position has opened up at CCP, and I figured you DUST bunnies would be more reasonable depending on the forums...I need a break Dust!."

(Former) CPM2 Representative for Dust 514 and Project Nova

Ikomari-Onu Enforcement
Caldari State
#11 Posted: 2014.01.23 12:42
Very nice.

Now make it do the same thing but only for dev posts - imagine the carnage!!!
Ustio Mercenary Squadron
#12 Posted: 2014.01.23 16:14
"Lil QQ tantrum at the forums. Pleased to see actual confirmation on this. It makes no since that they simply will not play the game. The."

eerie
Praetoriani Classiarii Templares
#13 Posted: 2014.01.23 17:20
The SCR rifle is almost completley unused nowadays.Huge disadvantages, nothing to make it easier for newer players to ragequit? Intrusive popups are NEVER the solution.+1 the.

Bpos forever, I still wouldn't care if I have fun. Iget A LOT of bugs and connection issues.I am on the forums...I need a from.

Railgun with no penalty.-Add tutorial based secondary objectives that teach basic skills are in tanks, join into a useless skill might end up saving you lot.

Praetoriani Classiarii Templares = PIE Inc, Amarr dedicated Corp

Channel for AFW Squads & Orbitals: PIE Ground Control

Praetoriani Classiarii Templares
#14 Posted: 2014.01.23 17:21
THUNDERGROOVE wrote:

I will contact you about this to see that happen.But people are trained to play the game on a bus full of civilians is what god

Best one so far! P

Praetoriani Classiarii Templares = PIE Inc, Amarr dedicated Corp

Channel for AFW Squads & Orbitals: PIE Ground Control

Fatal Absolution
#15 Posted: 2014.01.23 20:22
Justicar Karnellia wrote:
Very nice.

Now make it do the same thing but only for dev posts - imagine the carnage!!!

I could add it. Would require a bit of time and I'm trying to cap out this week, but I'll look into it tonight!

12/13/14 Never forget

D3ATH CARD
RUST415
#16 Posted: 2014.01.24 01:22
To augment laser weaponry. Most people have to use them and welcome to new players at around the corner. Increasing spool time only means they’ll pre-firing.
^Hahahahahahaha This is awesome!
Fatal Absolution
#17 Posted: 2014.01.24 11:02
Pushed a new update just now, check the options tab for two new things

• Generate phrases based on only dev posts
  • Generate phrases based on one users posts

User pages are static so you can look up certain people who post a lot, Aero for example, by going to here. Used him because they have a lot of posts in GD for the most part.

Onto more backend stuff and finding a way to not parse signatures.

12/13/14 Never forget

#18 Posted: 2014.01.24 15:09
Don't do it.I'd like to direct your attention to theWebsite Terms of Use Agreement, which deals directly with the standard weaponsReally, dude? Closet Colonels are Hell,

Frames regularly.Seriously, does anyone use these things?O7I have the count CCP. Listen to the grenade button for a single soldier. On the top of the //.

The shield recharge delay is shorter then the above is all well and makes most matches have at least 11 King ThunderBolt hate videos :D1DUST Min/Gal,
#19 Posted: 2014.01.27 02:48
LOL

Legit what it said to me

"You can read this, it means that there are tons of tanks and dropships"

Put your flags up in the sky. And wave them side to side. Show the world where you're from. Show the world we are one.

Fatal Absolution
#20 Posted: 2014.01.27 15:56  |  Edited by: THUNDERGROOVE
New update pushed just now. It includes:

• New phrase generated count
  • Tools page, currently only lists the updatesets in the DB
  • Updated about page, now with more gibberish Big smile
  • Lots of backend fixes
  • Much better looking 500 page, because let's face it. I probably messed something up!

Edit:
Now using some custom CSS so we won't look so plain Bootstrapish! I'm not one for designing pages or picking colors so let me know how you like it or what could be changed.

12/13/14 Never forget

3 Pages123Next page