DUST 514 Technology Lab

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

www.protofits.com - a fitting tool project

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Ahrendee Mercenaries
#321 Posted: 2014.12.10 12:44
the dampening numbers on PF are different to the suit outcomes in the game screen.

DUST University
Ivy League
#322 Posted: 2014.12.10 23:48
xAckie wrote:
the dampening numbers on PF are different to the suit outcomes in the game screen.

Can you give an example?

See you later Space Cowboy. Bang.

WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#323 Posted: 2014.12.17 23:34  |  Edited by: Cyrus Grevare
Hello again, sorry for the absence, work was piling up Straight

I've been waiting for an SDE file, but CCP hasn't been able to release one yet, hope we get one soon. In the mean time I went ahead and updated suit ewar stats manually (sorry if I mess up) and also added the bandwidth attribute. I updated Range Amplifiers stats and Vehicle scanners. Still a few things to do before I finish my manual (Cry) patch of 1.10

Also added calculations for each scan circle which should come in handy.

I see we have hotfix 1.10.2! (was there a 1.10.1? Ugh) Hope we get an SDE too
Regards

www.protofits.com - a Dust 514 fitting tool

Fatal Absolution
Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
#324 Posted: 2014.12.25 01:43
Hey Cyrus, just wondering if you would allow all shared fits to be publicly polled using the CLF export. Finally got around to fittings in my CLI tool for mathing and such and was hoping to be able to input fits using ProtoFits.

Oh and instead of an redirecting you to the home page it would be nice if you could make it return some simple error JSON so marshalers don't die looking at HTMLLol

In the meantime I'll add a quick clipboard fit provider and just copy paste.

Thanks for the hard work and merry Christmas.

The enemies of God stand broken before us. The light of the Reclaiming shines over them!

12/13/14 Never forget

DUST University
Ivy League
#325 Posted: 2014.12.25 09:07
Cyrus Grevare wrote:
Hello again, sorry for the absence, work was piling up Straight

I've been waiting for an SDE file, but CCP hasn't been able to release one yet, hope we get one soon. In the mean time I went ahead and updated suit ewar stats manually (sorry if I mess up) and also added the bandwidth attribute. I updated Range Amplifiers stats and Vehicle scanners. Still a few things to do before I finish my manual (Cry) patch of 1.10

Also added calculations for each scan circle which should come in handy.

I see we have hotfix 1.10.2! (was there a 1.10.1? Ugh) Hope we get an SDE too
Regards

Glad to hear you are still doing well, waiting expectantly for the SDE as well as the adding some of the new change from the game to the site.

Also, 1.10.2 was the hotfix that succeeded 1.10. There was no 1.10.1.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Hope this finds you well!

RUST415
#326 Posted: 2015.01.02 23:52  |  Edited by: Alaika Arbosa
nvm, sorted.

Give me Consciousness and an Expense Account, all else is transitory.

WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#327 Posted: 2015.02.08 03:34
Can't wait for the app! SmileSmileSmile
Fatal Absolution
#328 Posted: 2015.02.10 22:29
Active scanners do not appear to include cooldown times in the listed stats.

Gentlemen. It has been a pleasure. o7

DUST University
Ivy League
#329 Posted: 2015.02.11 00:02
Arkena Wyrnspire wrote:

From my knowledge, the SDE doesn't list them.

Cyrus, if you wish, let me know if you want cooldown timers on Active Scanners should you make an area for them.

Fatal Absolution
#330 Posted: 2015.03.03 06:52  |  Edited by: THUNDERGROOVE
So using my magic, I've been able to generate SDEs files which have names, descriptions and everything else that is localized in game localized.

If you ever plan on adding multilingual support to protofits, I'd gladly provide you with updated versions.

e: Still working on this, there's some bizzare things CCP does with their localization that I'm working on wrapping my head around.

Tl;dr CCP likes OOP

The enemies of God stand broken before us. The light of the Reclaiming shines over them!

12/13/14 Never forget

DUST University
Ivy League
#331 Posted: 2015.03.03 13:29  |  Edited by: Kaze Eyrou
THUNDERGROOVE wrote:
So using my magic, I've been able to generate SDEs files which have names, descriptions and everything else that is localized in game localized.

If you ever plan on adding multilingual support to protofits, I'd gladly provide you with updated versions.

e: Still working on this, there's some bizzare things CCP does with their localization that I'm working on wrapping my head around.

Tl;dr CCP likes OOP

What's OOP?

EDIT: Oh derp. College me just came by and smacked me in the head. It's Object Oriented Programming isn't it?

Fatal Absolution
#332 Posted: 2015.03.04 04:09  |  Edited by: THUNDERGROOVE
Kaze Eyrou wrote:

What's OOP?

EDIT: Oh derp. College me just came by and smacked me in the head. It's Object Oriented Programming isn't it?

Yeap! It's great and awful that the same time. So far I've figured out most stuff regarding the localization however there are things like descriptions which share strings like "+5% Scan Precision per level" and I haven't quite figured out how to put it all together using just a single string ID.

The biggest problem is that embeded Python modules, mainly the _stackless module is read-only meaning I can't "inject" the missing functions which is causing a lot of stuff to fail. I'll figure it out in due time P

However, it may be awhile. Just ran CLOC, a utility to Count Lines Of Code and the modules CCP includes with DUST comes out to a whopping 32482 lines of code Shocked

More fun facts: In the offical SDE, only 302 attributes are exposed while internally there are 6508

Kaze Eyrou wrote:

Cyrus, if you wish, let me know if you want cooldown timers on Active Scanners should you make an area for them.

That's because for whatever reason mCoolDownTime isn't in the set list of attributes for exports Straight

12/13/14 Never forget

Fatal Absolution
#333 Posted: 2015.03.07 09:42
Sorry to bug you Cyrus. I'm curious how all of your grouping of modules in the fitting windows? I'm working on a fitting tool atm and my best bet is to use scripts to generate scripts that contain the data. It feels kinda hacky P

12/13/14 Never forget

WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#334 Posted: 2015.03.07 18:38  |  Edited by: Cyrus Grevare
THUNDERGROOVE wrote:
Hey Cyrus, just wondering if you would allow all shared fits to be publicly polled using the CLF export. Finally got around to fittings in my CLI tool for mathing and such and was hoping to be able to input fits using ProtoFits.

Oh and instead of an redirecting you to the home page it would be nice if you could make it return some simple error JSON so marshalers don't die looking at HTMLLol

No problem Blink

I'm working on a user profile view, a place where you can see all shared fittings from a particular user, nothing complex, but I haven't been able to dedicate much time to this pet project. I'll be sure to add that here though Blink

Kaze Eyrou wrote:
Arkena Wyrnspire wrote:

Wouldn't want to impose, or make you do work just for me to take too long to go ahead and add them. But if you do I'll make by best effort to add them quickly P

THUNDERGROOVE wrote:

That would be awesome Smile,

I didn't leave that implementation open at first though, because I didn't think I could get something like this, so all the interface is fixed to EN, still I think it could be a great benefit to get the content localized and an incentive for me to add localization to the interface too.

Hope it's not to difficult for you to do your magic Big smile

THUNDERGROOVE wrote:
Sorry to bug you Cyrus. I'm curious how all of your grouping of modules in the fitting windows? I'm working on a fitting tool atm and my best bet is to use scripts to generate scripts that contain the data. It feels kinda hacky P

I make use of a big array with keys being [Grade][Class][Name] but that probably won't make sense to you because my tool does not make use of the raw SDE as is, it reads all the data and saves it to another DB structure with my own 'way' of making sense of it Pirate (I starting making the tool preSDE a lot of guesstimations were made)

So for example for each item in the SDE I add a field named Grade, Class, Name. Grade and Name are from the SDE, class I added to identify what it is basically (Assault Rifle, Cardiac Regulator, etc)

Oh and happy almost spring to all of you (too late for the merry christmases for me Pirate)

DUST University
Ivy League
#335 Posted: 2015.03.07 22:25
Cyrus Grevare wrote:
Kaze Eyrou wrote:
Arkena Wyrnspire wrote:

Wouldn't want to impose, or make you do work just for me to take too long to go ahead and add them. But if you do I'll make by best effort to add them quickly P

Sounds great! I'll make a list when I get home.

Fatal Absolution
#336 Posted: 2015.03.07 23:08  |  Edited by: THUNDERGROOVE
Hmm that makes sense. I've ended up creating several nested lists which works for now. Even have a nice script to re-generate them for when new stuff is added.

As for the localization, I haven't messed with it much lately. Still having issues wrapping my head around their massive codebase.

They changed some stuff with their localization in Warlords and that's why my Scout ak.0 is a 'Quafe' Swarm LauncherP.

I stayed up late last night and ended up with the following done.

1. User system which includes multiple account types and managment pages.
  2. Creating/renaming/saving/deleting/exporting fits

Turning out nice, except how it looks Lol

P.S. I hate Javascript ;_; I like my static typing lol
e: Screenshots

12/13/14 Never forget

WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#337 Posted: 2015.03.08 05:09
Not sure they changed more as bugged things, some merging or something got the SDE descriptions all wrong, can't see it makes your efforts of localizing easier :D

JS gives me problems too can't wrap things around all being async still :p

Fatal Absolution
#338 Posted: 2015.03.08 05:35
Cyrus Grevare wrote:
Not sure they changed more as bugged things, some merging or something got the SDE descriptions all wrong, can't see it makes your efforts of localizing easier :D

JS gives me problems too can't wrap things around all being async still :p

The localizations are a map(dict) with an integer as keys and strings as the value.

The keys are(sometimes) just the value for description/whatever is localized. Other times, the key is (stringID % 10 / stringID * 10). I think there may be some odd collision issues?

12/13/14 Never forget

DUST University
Ivy League
#339 Posted: 2015.03.08 14:14
Name
Cooldown Time

Active Scanner
15.00 s

Flux Active Scanner
20.00 s

'Eclipse' Active Scanner
15.00 s