General Discussions

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

10 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

Dear Team True Grit: 1.8 FW Changes needed

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Imperfects
Negative-Feedback
#1 Posted: 2013.12.28 23:20  |  Edited by: Free Beers
So today we attempted to Q sync to fight for the caldari faction. Armed with eve pilots plexing and providing orbital support we made all haste to take the Eha system for them. For many of us vets that have been around since replication it’s been a long time coming. We had been testing what we can and can not do in fw since 1.7 was released and found a way to use the system to get it to do what we wanted(or at least we had hoped). We had almost 10 full squads of players (and more still looking for squad) from Imps, TP, AE, FA, Rainbow effect, STB, OH, Nyain San, Hellstorm, EON, WTF, SI, etc and I probably missed a few. A channel full of frenemies if you would, and I couldn’t have been happier to see you all /me hugs dust nerds. (Shout out to the Caldari eve pilots who I will keep nameless and those willing to pay for dust mercs services)

This is where all the good news ends. It turned out to be a complete cluster **** and not for our lack of trying. Even with eve pilots in system it was almost impossible to get a eha battle and when we did caldari was defending districts they didn’t own it seemed. I’ll spare you all the pleasant holiday well wishes the that was spoke about ccp in our fw channel. So now that we have had time with 1.7 and know what we can and cant do and what needs to be done I have volunteered to bring the info to you.

First I will say you don’t have a choice these changes need to be in 1.8 and there doesn’t need to be a 1.8 till these changes are in it.

1. If caldari or amarr have no districts they should be attacking not defending don’t you think? So how to solve this at this point in time I am open to solutions. In discussions with other fw players here are a few of their ideas.

a. If your faction owns under 20% system district you always attack.

b. Scale attack defend ratio based upon system control aka you own 20% you attack 80%

c. If you win a defense match you get to attack next match

2. Private contracts. Simple eve players/corps/milita can award private contract to dust corps/alliance. Roles should piggy back dust side like in PC. Players get paid not corps. Should also have defensive contract for that can be assigned private or if no one dust they become public (anyone can join). Rewards should be more

3. Rewards. At the moment FW needs isk, I understand you have a long term play with player market and trading but FW needs isk pay outs now.

4. Make more rewards for Eve FW militas (don’t care how at this point but OB support is amazing)

5. TEAM DEPLOY ( edit: this is for private contracts only, pub fw matches can be q sync'd )

6. TEAM DEPLOY

7. TEAM DEPLOY (like in PC)

8. TEAM DEPLOY (glares at CCP Nullarbor while hearing telc yell about team deploy in his head)

So I tried to keep it simple and not offer a laundry list of things. So other players feel free to add or discuss ideas above.

So what I am about to say may get me stoned out of the dust nerd club but here it goes. Turn off PC. FW is about mercs working for the factions and eve pilots. Focus efforts there please. PC 2.0 in nullsec is a different story. I know have never been a fan of PC in its current state to you can take my idea with a grain of salt. Remember with the lp system isk is less of a factor if you are limited by standing and the amount of lp you have.

Dust #1 fanboi
Free Beers

Every mercs life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and died that distinguishes one from another

#2 Posted: 2013.12.28 23:25
1) Maybe players could choose what system they want to deploy into and whether it's an attack or a defense? Maybe players in EVE could start the battles for a faction, and then deploy mercs there?

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

-William Shakespeare

Seraphim Initiative..
#3 Posted: 2013.12.28 23:29
One hundred people coming together and failing at OP = failed FW system.

Also: EHA DOES NOT EXIST!

DUST Forums: Endless lists of endless things & Final Solutions to everything; guess who would be proud to see it.

OSG Planetary Operations
Covert Intervention
#4 Posted: 2013.12.28 23:31
I think you guys are both on target.

Team deploy + ability to select location of attack or defense = actual merged EVE / Dust faction warfare.

"Endless money forms the sinews of War." - Cicero

Skype: jaysyn.larrisen

Twitter: @JaysynLarrisen

Imperfects
Negative-Feedback
#5 Posted: 2013.12.28 23:38
Patrick57 wrote:
1) Maybe players could choose what system they want to deploy into and whether it's an attack or a defense? Maybe players in EVE could start the battles for a faction, and then deploy mercs there?

+1

A laser rifle master for life not just for when it becomes popular Long Live the Empress Burn the Heretics

Imperfects
Negative-Feedback
#6 Posted: 2013.12.28 23:40
Free Beers wrote:
So today we attempted to Q sync to fight for the caldari faction. Armed with eve pilots plexing and providing orbital support we made all haste to take the Eha system for them. For many of us vets that have been around since replication it’s been a long time coming. We had been testing what we can and can not do in fw since 1.7 was released and found a way to use the system to get it to do what we wanted(or at least we had hoped). We had almost 10 full squads of players (and more still looking for squad) from Imps, TP, AE, FA, Rainbow effect, STB, OH, Nyain San, Hellstorm, EON, WTF, SI, etc and I probably missed a few. A channel full of frenemies if you would, and I couldn’t have been happier to see you all /me hugs dust nerds. (Shout out to the Caldari eve pilots who I will keep nameless and those willing to pay for dust mercs services)

This is where all the good news ends. It turned out to be a complete cluster **** and not for our lack of trying. Even with eve pilots in system it was almost impossible to get a eha battle and when we did caldari was defending districts they didn’t own it seemed. I’ll spare you all the pleasant holiday well wishes the that was spoke about ccp in our fw channel. So now that we have had time with 1.7 and know what we can and cant do and what needs to be done I have volunteered to bring the info to you.

First I will say you don’t have a choice these changes need to be in 1.8 and there doesn’t need to be a 1.8 till these changes are in it.

1. If caldari or amarr have no districts they should be attacking not defending don’t you think? So how to solve this at this point in time I am open to solutions. In discussions with other fw players here are a few of their ideas.

a. If your faction owns under 20% system district you always attack.

b. Scale attack defend ratio based upon system control aka you own 20% you attack 80%

c. If you win a defense match you get to attack next match

2. Private contracts. Simple eve players/corps/milita can award private contract to dust corps/alliance. Roles should piggy back dust side like in PC. Players get paid not corps. Should also have defensive contract for that can be assigned private or if no one dust they become public (anyone can join). Rewards should be more

3. Rewards. At the moment FW needs isk, I understand you have a long term play with player market and trading but FW needs isk pay outs now.

4. Make more rewards for Eve FW militas (don’t care how at this point but OB support is amazing)

5. TEAM DEPLOY ( edit: this is for private contracts only, pub fw matches can be q sync'd )

6. TEAM DEPLOY

7. TEAM DEPLOY (like in PC)

8. TEAM DEPLOY (glares at CCP Nullarbor while hearing telc yell about team deploy in his head)

So I tried to keep it simple and not offer a laundry list of things. So other players feel free to add or discuss ideas above.

So what I am about to say may get me stoned out of the dust nerd club but here it goes. Turn off PC. FW is about mercs working for the factions and eve pilots. Focus efforts there please. PC 2.0 in nullsec is a different story. I know have never been a fan of PC in its current state to you can take my idea with a grain of salt. Remember with the lp system isk is less of a factor if you are limited by standing and the amount of lp you have.

Dust #1 fanboi
Free Beers

+1

i would like to add

eve pilots need to be able to give the targeting of they're orbitals to 1 person they choose

A laser rifle master for life not just for when it becomes popular Long Live the Empress Burn the Heretics

The Rainbow Effect
#7 Posted: 2013.12.28 23:41
Fatal Absolution
Dirt Nap Squad.
#8 Posted: 2013.12.28 23:44
Queueing into FW needs to be reworked.

A player with high SP, and a lot of experience, should get priority over a newb fresh from the academy.

It should go;

Full Squad > High SP Player > Newb
TeamPlayers
Dirt Nap Squad.
#9 Posted: 2013.12.29 00:21
This experiment seriously highlighted how badly FW has been implemented. What purpose does the link between Eve and Dust serve any of us, if the battle locations we mercs deploy into are completely random? Seriously. Yay, we have Eve support... that's in the wrong effing region. Very useful.

Have you considered installing the improved keyboard?

"Go Go Power Rangers!"

SVER True Blood
General Tso's Alliance
#10 Posted: 2013.12.29 00:24
Yeah the UI of the game just didn't allow us to function the way we wanted to. We kept getting fights on the same districts/systems over and over again for over two hours. The coms system is bugged so we couldn't mute/kick people who were being annoying, and we had to do massive Qsyncs just to make sure we had people on the same teams.

what this game needs right now is Team Deploy and the ability to choose or "initiate" an attack on specific systems/planets/districts that way we can properly coordinate with the EVE side who, in case you guys didn't know, CAN choose where they want to attack.

I was really hoping today would be the first big step in showing a meaningful link between Dust and EVE and instead it was just disappointing Ugh

Marston VC, STB Director

Escrow Removal and Acquisition
Dirt Nap Squad.
#11 Posted: 2013.12.29 01:34  |  Edited by: Kain Spero
+1 to the OP

There really needs to be something that allows the fights to be directed from Eve and those pilots need to at least have the option to chose who they have fight.

The mic bugs in team chat need to be fixed as well. It makes organized ops like this even more difficult.

While the geography in Dust may not seem important the tools need to be in place to allow the importance of the geography to emerge.

Owner of Spero Escrow Services

Follow @KainSpero for Dust and CPM news

Sanguis Defense Syndicate
#12 Posted: 2013.12.29 01:43
Patrick57 wrote:
1) Maybe players could choose what system they want to deploy into and whether it's an attack or a defense? Maybe players in EVE could start the battles for a faction, and then deploy mercs there?


Amen to the second one, brother, amen.

EVE side battle control FTW.


Munch

Minmatar Patriot (Level 7)

Dedicated Sniper

Who Are Those Guys
#13 Posted: 2013.12.29 05:09
Bumped for importance on the issue.

Faction Channels for FW Staging

PIE Ground Control | Caldari Hierarchy | Turalyon | Chosen Matari

The Rainbow Effect
#14 Posted: 2013.12.29 18:17
This issue should float on the first page; it is really important to large part of community CCP and Factional Warfare is great way for DUST and EVE to permeate meaningfully... If done right. Which is not the case at the moment.

Factional Warfare should be the thing for now, before 0.0, total economy merge, etc. and should be done right. Especially with rather piteous Planetary Conquest system as a sort of "end game" mode we have now.
DUST University
Ivy League
#15 Posted: 2013.12.29 18:28
Bump

Amarr, Caldari supporter

Vehicle deployment should follow Ogre Battle squad setup

Red Star.
EoN.
#16 Posted: 2013.12.29 18:37
Yea add the social skills from EVE

Also add in the FW Tiering system which is in EVE so that if one side has T4 in EVE we get cheaper LP prices but if its T2 we get higher LP prices
Seraphim Initiative..
#17 Posted: 2013.12.29 19:37
Brigitte Newt wrote:
This issue should float on the first page; it is really important to large part of community CCP and Factional Warfare is great way for DUST and EVE to permeate meaningfully... If done right. Which is not the case at the moment.

Factional Warfare should be the thing for now, before 0.0, total economy merge, etc. and should be done right. Especially with rather piteous Planetary Conquest system as a sort of "end game" mode we have now.


My girl, smart girl!

DUST Forums: Endless lists of endless things & Final Solutions to everything; guess who would be proud to see it.

Subdreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#18 Posted: 2013.12.29 20:03
Free Beers wrote:

First I will say you don’t have a choice these changes need to be in 1.8 and there doesn’t need to be a 1.8 till these changes are in it.


I'd go as far as saying these few FW changes we got in 1.7 (FF, LP Payouts/Store and changed Orbital Mechanics) didn't have a business being in 1.7 before the stuff Beers mentions was implemented. Right now it's a half assed system, which only purpose seems to be is to siphon isk from the player base.

Tried to tell FoxFour, when he first came onto IRC a few months ago to ask about feedback regarding FW changes, that having LP only payouts without a market is stoopid. What these stoopid LP only payouts did to my small corp is to fracture the few members into factions for which they will or absolutely will not play... Great work. This turned most of us off from playing dust at all, because who wants to play only pub matches.

In 1.8 there really needs to be some form of contracts from eve, team deploy and either a player market or isk payouts for FW games... because having to run SCHITTY pub matches to afford playing the game mode that's actually fun SUCKS!

So this is one of the rare moments i'm agreeing with Beers here.
Den of Swords
#19 Posted: 2013.12.29 20:16
+1 to OP

CPM 0 Secretary

Omni-Soldier, Forum Warrior, Annoying Artist

\\= Advanced Caldari Assault // Unlocked

Black Spire Force Recon
#20 Posted: 2013.12.29 20:33
BUMPED WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE....
10 Pages123Next pageLast page
Forum Jump