General Discussions

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

8 Pages123Next pageLast page

Future Vision Giveaway [Templar Set & 250mil ISK] (finished)

Author
Mannar Focused Warfare
Gallente Federation
#1 Posted: 2013.11.29 01:14  |  Edited by: Castor Crave
Edit: The event is over. Here you can find a list with all the Visions/Winners: *click*

Hello,

It is time for another giveaway \o/

With 1.7 we are nearing the end of the patches that are mainly driven by balancing and polish (Not that I don't like that). I hope that some time during late spring stuff like MTAC's will start rolling in. but until then, let's daydream a little. I ask three things from you:

A little thing: Something that probably could be implemented right away and improve the game experience, without taking too much time from the developers.

Something you would like to see in 2014: Be it technical upgrades, modules, game modes, vehicles, game design changes, UI, economy, whatever! :D

Your future vision: Aka Titan boarding. What epic content would you like to see in the future? Feel free to go wild, within the boundaries of reality that is ;)

And just to be clear, I am not really looking for bugfix suggestions in any of those :)

Just as last time, try and "sell" me your ideas. Why would they be a good addition to the game? Don't shy away from being elaborate; make the reader really want to support what you bring forward. The posts that convince me the most will have the chance to win the following:

1st Prize: 100mil ISK & 1x Templar Set - currently without Uplink, but I'll try to get my hands on one of those for you. No promises though =(

2nd Prize: 100mil ISK

3rd Prize: 50mil ISK

You have time to post your submissions here until Tranquility opens for Dust Mercs with the 1.7 patch on December 10th. I am looking forward to read them :3

Cheers

Castor

PS: If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to leave them here or shoot me a mail. I'll have no access to my PS3 though until after next week, but you can still reach me via my EVE character "Nerevar Dwemor".

Onslaught Inc
#2 Posted: 2013.11.29 01:23  |  Edited by: ratamaq doc
Not competing because I have plenty of ISK and the Templar set.

Quick change that will make the game better:

Raise Academy to 100,000 WP

Change I'd like to see soon:

Manual independent adjustments to Hipfire and ADS movement curve. (Slow to fast progression);
Adding this to the soon: A mobile (iOS/Android) app for fitting, Skill management, and email. PSN email sucks ass

Long term changes:

Weapon modules and customizations. Different scopes, ammo types, and attachments. Battle Commander Role that is playable from a iOS/Android tablet or PC.

YouTube

Clone in Stasis:9-8-2014

Lifetime SP:66mil K/D:2.16 ISK:1/2B

#3 Posted: 2013.11.29 01:24  |  Edited by: DUST Fiend
Little thing: I would like to see the Arial Safe Zone (red line) pushed back further on the enemy side. This is a very simple change, but it would go an extremely long way towards balancing out red line railtanks which can be all but immortal when brick tanked and recalled under the rare fire they receive. This change would still preserve the integrity of the red zone for infantry and ground vehicles, but would open up a world of options for harassing people who try to camp the game away.

2014: DRONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy **** waffles I cannot emphasize the importance of PvE for the longevity of this game. While I totally agree that right now, we need to fix the game, I will ALWAYS strongly support the addition and evolution of PvE in DUST. This of course is a fairly broad statement, as with PvE comes a host of new game types, loot, industry, and overall mechanics. For game types, we could have strict PvE missions, where enemy mercs cannot join. These would be low profit, low risk matches for newer players to go and relax from a long day of getting proto stomped.

Then you would have your low sec PvE matches, which would actually be PvPvE (32 vs 32, while we're at it). The game would likely play like a larger ambush with a higher clone count, and around the map would be hostile drone installations (neutral, but active). These can be hacked, turning all active and later created drones friendly towards your team, and hostile towards the other. At random times throughout the match, the drone installations will attempt to counter hack themselves back to neutral, forcing you to pay attention, lest your allied drones suddenly turn on you. This would go a long way towards keeping the matches balanced, as even if the enemy was redlined, you would need to watch those counter hacks.

In addition to the PvE aspect, we could have things such as personal drones which can be fit just like a dropsuit or vehicle, and are deployable by a special dropsuit designed to carry them, or perhaps weaker basic drones that could be used as equipment. The salvage gained from these enemies could be traded to EVE players, or used for weapon customization DUST side, there are really a lot of things you could do with it.

Future Vision: Sitting on the tram in my Gallente warbage, I look out at the crew moving around below, vehicles loading into bays and being attached to RDVs as ammunition is loaded into them. Leaning back, I close my eyes and enjoy the rest of the ride, knowing that the next few hours are going to be hell. A familiar message pops up in my neocom, informing me that I must report to the launch bay in 1:00 for deployment. Sighing, I look out the window at the planet we've been fighting over, explosions flickering like stars against the dark backdrop of space, a fierce fight for orbital superiority that had been going on for nearly a week now. The ship rocks as warning lights flash and alarms blare as the tram comes to a stop. There had to be at least thirty mercs loading into the launch pods below as I quickly ran down to get in before the warbarge came under too much fire.

Climbing in, I make my way to the back, taking a seat and strapping in as a few more mercs come in behind me. A countdown shows up on my visor as the pod begins to shake, launching itself from the warbarge with a force that would kill a normal human. Glancing out the window I see numerous other pods from the various warbarges, plummeting towards sector 3, a 5 district sector that was imperative to our alliance. I watch as three Amarr interceptors fly circles around one of the pods, blasting it with pulse weapons as it explodes before hitting the atmosphere, just as a blast from a friendly Dreadnaught rips through two of their ships. A moment later, all I can see is redish orange as the pod shakes violently upon entering the planets atmosphere. Pulling up my neocom I take a look at where we will be deployed. The commander has ordered 100 additional mercs to join this battle, nearly doubling our presence in the sector.

What we thought would be an easy win had turned into one of the most violent struggles New Eden had ever seen. After a minute or so, the pod stopped shaking as we came closer and closer to the surface, the air swamped with fighters of all kinds, explosions littering the air indiscriminately. I watched as a nearby drop pod full of allied mercs took a direct round from an orbital defense cannon, sending it careening into us as our pod spiraled out of control. Warning lights flashed as the bay opened up, forcefully ejecting us 2 by 2 in rapid succession to freefall the rest of the way. Not moments later, the pod erupted into the flames and exploded.

As I fell I could see the devastation sprawled out beneath me, hundreds of mercenaries fighting desperately to gain an edge above their enemies. Orbital artillery was bristling with life, slugging it out with the massive ships in orbit. A bright light fills my vision to the north as I see a doomsday strike land on what I can only hope is the enemy. Here comes the ground, activating intertia dampeners

End transmission
Caught Me With My Pants Down
#4 Posted: 2013.11.29 01:28
Castor Crave wrote:
Hello,

With 1.7 we are nearing the end of the patches that are mainly driven by balancing and polish (Not that I don't like that). I hope that some time during late spring stuff like MTAC's will start rolling in. but until then, let's daydream a little. I ask three things from you:

A little thing: Something that probably could be implemented right away and improve the game experience, without taking too much time from the developers.

Something you would like to see in 2014: Be it technical upgrades, modules, game modes, vehicles, game design changes, UI, economy, whatever! :D

Your future vision: Aka Titan boarding. What epic content would you like to see in the future? Feel free to go wild, within the boundaries of reality that is ;)

Is there a limit of what you can write? Only 1 idea each point?
Mannar Focused Warfare
Gallente Federation
#5 Posted: 2013.11.29 01:33
It should be what you think is most beneficial. I won't give ratings based on the amount of separate ideas, but if it's a whole interconnected concept for example, going into detail about more than one part of it would make sense. Focus and common sense I guess :3

Band O' Commandos
#6 Posted: 2013.11.29 01:36  |  Edited by: Fire of Prometheus
A little thing:

Remove Dmg mods. I wish for Dmg mods to be removed because quite frankly, IMO, they have ruined the game. The game went from a decent ttk to split seconds. It has turned this into a "cod clone", if you will. I rarely see a merc not running Dmg mods and I can tell who is by using some basic probability and logic. If I'm downed by a merc at 70+m who's got a duvolle and has 300 shields left on a callogi, than clearly they are using Dmg mods (their is a slight chance I'm wrong as they may have been hit by stray shots from the battle but that is highly unlikely).

OR

A deeper character customization. I want to be able to give my merc a face, be able to relate to him. I want to be able to put the logo of D-Uni on my dropsuits and vehicles. I want to be able to put that classic shark mouth design from ww2 that was always on airplanes, onto my dropships. So that when I run over/rep/shoot someone, they know a member of D-Uni did so. I want to put cool insignias or something on the shoulder pads of my mercs suits. (Perhaps a flame for this tune, given my mercs name) so that people, will know it was Fire that they saw run by them and Rez a downed blueberry or that it was Fire who repped them back to full health in the middle of a firefight.

Something I would like to see in 2014:

MY GLORIOUS AMARRIAN VEHICLES!!!!! All I want right now is the full racial lineup of virtually everything, but if I had to pick, I'd say amarr vehicles. Vehicles are what got me hooked on this game back in open beta. I love rolling around in my jeeps and tanks (and as an avid GT5 player I love racing and often find the fastest path through a battlefield). But first and foremost, I love flying. Every game that has some sort of flying mechanic (for vehicles) I play. I am no chicken when it comes to using a dropship to take out a a tank and with my amarr dropships I could do so in much more stylish fashion than I do now in my incubus and MLT dropships. An amarr tank would be epic cause lets face it, what's cooler than giant golden tank? Not much right? And in the description of some amarr suits, it even says "the amarr favour aesthetics as much as functionality" so an awesome tank that can demolish almost anything sounds about right for the amarr HAV......and don't even get me started on amarr jets :o

Future vision:

Ok well, you kinda took the words out of my mouth already but I'll say it anyways. Titan boarding. I don't mean localized fights on a Titan, I mean full scale fighting from one end of the Titan to the other end. I picture mercs running around the outside of the Titan in space blowing holes in the side and doing "breach and clear" attacks on the crew inside while mercs in mechs run around ripping off cannons on the Titan and tossing them into space. I picture tanks duke-ing it out in the hangars of a Titan and dropships flying around inside annoying those tanks. I picture people (like myself) taking a jeep and just driving it down hallways were jeeps should not be possible to go and running over helpless mercs who couldn't outrun a jeep. I picture raids on eve players ships, stealing shipments of gear or protecting an eve players shipments. I also want pve....this would be epic paired with the eve "merchants". Dust mercs would mine resources, provide on board security for these resources when they are being transported by eve players. This game would become so interconnected with eve that eve players would look back at the time without us and go. "I don't know how I got through that time without my mercs". Free roam planets, mercs just wandering around planets looking for old Jovian tech, or following "explorers" and waiting to strike and steal their precious artifacts. Then going to a war barge (or other place of gathering) to sell said stolen goods. I want to be able to just hang around I the same room as my fellow corpmates, maybe relax and watch a live stream of a random merc being broadcast on the rooms holo tv (or whatever it's called). I picture mercs running "wild west" showdowns (kinda like thunder dome) in the middle of a town in the free roam. I picture mercs watching other mercs duke it out in an "arena" gladiator style while mercs place bets on who would win.

I may edit this later to add more but being a student that absolutely hates English class and essays etc, I'm surprised I wrote this much.

King of Commandos - And Dust's #1 best dressed merc.

Destiny name - FireofPrometheus

PSN- jcptmo8055

#7 Posted: 2013.11.29 01:40
Reserved
Random Gunz
#8 Posted: 2013.11.29 01:41  |  Edited by: EternalRMG
I am definitly going to win it this time Big smile

Inmediate Thing:
P2P Trading. Why? Because we all have tons of useless salvage that someone might be desperate to get, and with help of the p2p trading we would be able to get isk, while we get rid of stuff that is useless to us but really useful for someone else
(like my 50+ Officer Scrambler Pistols)

And a LAST RESPEC (after we get all basic Racial Stuff)

Medium Big Thing for 2014 (if its in january it will be better :D):
The FW that CCP Has Already Planned. I know this doesnt look original, but MAN it would be freaking awesome
it would make us feel conected to the EVE Universe, and it would keep noobs out of FW and ProtoStompers out of Pubs because FW would be MORE FUN than normal Pubs and It would give us more things that PUB Matches.
This is the This that would make Dust more awesome that it currently is

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=116191&find=unread
https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=116190&find=unread

Edit: OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!! IT IS HAPPENING NOW; I WAS FRWAKING RIGHT THIS IS SO AWESOME
http://dust514.com/news/blog/2013/12/strengthening-the-link-factional-warfare-in-uprising-1.7/
ufbsdigjhsdfbsukldfivsl (Nerdgasm)

Big Thing: (a.k.a. Future Vision)
At Least 3 Teams fighting for one district. Why? is that even a Question? How many FPS have you seen that feature more than 2 teams? Thats right almost 0. Do you Know how much innocation that would mean, how many people will look at Dust and say: DAAAAMN!!!, Do you know how many BIG companies are going to look at that and Say: DAAAAAAMN WHYdidnt we do that first? And they will be Jelous and Everyone Will see Dust they way I see it Now:
LIKE THE GREATEST GAME THEY HAVE EVER PLAYED.

It would also make more chaotic and more like a Real War, When you Have 2 Enemies attacking you not just 1, and this could lead to a GREAT Diplomatic Battles. Why? Because if you are fighting for a district against 2 other Corps that arent allies, you WILL WANT one of them to fight with you to make everything easy, and if they are "allied" against you, you will want to convince them to "switch team" and help you in the middle of the fight. And the Diplomat of your Corp will try to convince one of the other teams to help you with contracts money and plenty other things

This Would make us feel more "Merc-y" because we would fight with or against someone depending on our own benefit, This would also make the political and Diplomatic aspect of the game BE WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER,
ANd that again, would make more Unique than EVAAAAAAR
Things like those i mentioned already happen on EVE, and if we had that, ohh... I would get a Nerdgasm and would never leave my ps4 ever again (Cause they eventually port the game to ps4)Big smile

Dust Player Since: July 2012

Pro Python Pilot!

Buying Plenty of BPOs

Subdreddit
#9 Posted: 2013.11.29 01:42
[Reserved] Need to get back home, log on and post my fitting. SOON™

Final Stats

R.I.P. Dust 514 o7

Mannar Focused Warfare
Gallente Federation
#10 Posted: 2013.11.29 01:43
Lt Royal wrote:

This ain't about fittings ^^

Subdreddit
#11 Posted: 2013.11.29 01:45
Castor Crave wrote:
Lt Royal wrote:

This ain't about fittings ^^

Maybe my idea is about fittings.....

Final Stats

R.I.P. Dust 514 o7

Positive-Feedback.
Control-Alt-Duvolle
#12 Posted: 2013.11.29 01:45  |  Edited by: Jadek Menaheim
Current Change: Increase the range of armor reps (and 1.7 ammo resupply) from Depots for Vehicles

The current distance for depot-to-vehicle repairs feels terribly close in the context of repairing an dropship for instance. You practically need to be touching the depot to see an effect. I can foresee some major problems with pilot blindspots when multiple dropships need to resupply ammo in addition to armor from the same station at those distances when 1.7 drops. I would suggest changing the current 6m repair distance to 35m to give vehicles greater breathing room.

2014 Change: Retainer Service Payment

Say you want to keep a group of highly skilled players on board for a defensive contract with your corporation to carry out PC engagements. Currently, you have to make payments individually to each of these players which can be very time consuming.
I would like to see the 'give money' from merc/corp wallet option expanded to incorporate recurring payments to designated mercs. Integration would work with the current isk transfer window; however, there would be an additional highlighted tab. This tab is always set to the default 'one time payment' unless otherwise changed. Selecting the tab would bring up a payment method wheel (similar to this graphic) which of displays three options (daily, monthly, and one time payment). 'Daily' would offer values 1 through 7, and 'Monthly' would offer values tri-monthly, bi-monthly, and (1-12) months. Once an option was selected you would be returned to the isk transfer screen where you can making any additional changes to transfer amount and the message you can send with the transfer. Additionally, a check box would be present next to the message line indicating whether you would like to send this message with each recurring transfer.

Future Vision: Corp Roles: Call in a "Consultation" Today!

(In order to save space in this topic I have posted the link to this topic. It is a long, yet very thoughtful one. Your views are greatly appreciated)

With best regards,
Jadek 'Nixon' Menaheim

Dust 514 Market Trello. The essential resource for trading in Dust.

#13 Posted: 2013.11.29 01:47  |  Edited by: Tectonic Fusion
little thing: a 20% Assault class EHP buff, and the precision rifle should be nice too...
2014 Vision:
An "open world" mode where you can freeroam planets and fight enemies without private or public contracts, and you can join parties, set up corp bases, or just test stuff out. Of course you can kill your enemies and raid bases if hey Rent very well protected. It could be a system of if you kill X amount of players, you can claim, or destroy land of whoever you killed. It should also have an option of making your own private base where you can store special items, and hide away. Player trading should be done by going into the "freeroam lobby" and talking to players, or by using the marketplace and seeing all the offers of different prices by different players who want to sell their stuff. Hopefully this would help add the "MMO" feel, and in general make the game better.
Skins should be added to a different slot in the drops hit settings, and costs zero CPU/PG. It should cost no skills for certain camo, but costs skills to make custom camouflage that can either be made by using a skill to detect the terrain type, and made into the certain area color made by CCP. This should also be a feature for guns, which can equip the same camo. For knives, it would not include the blade. This would just add to the variety in Dusts weaponry.
Nova knives should be a third weapon, costing less isk than how it is now, and adding it as a primary will of course make it dual wield like it is now. The type of strikes, jabs, and slashes should b customizable, allowing the player to skill into their preferred style of knifing. It should have three primary types: a fast jab, a slow and powerful slash, and a moderate speed slice. The higher tiers would just do slightly more damage, and would be "lighter," allowing for faster movements. Knives are awesome, so I had to add this.
And finally a motion activated explosive. It should have a blast radius of 2m, and should kill anyone besides teammates. They would be essential for making conplex and clever traps with other explosives, making a domino effect. It would be useless for brutes that go into battle for a fast paced gameplay, but for a slower paced strategist, it would be a demolition experts dream.
That's my 3 aurum Smile

EDIT: Added "little thing."

(GIF)

Seituoda Taskforce Command
#14 Posted: 2013.11.29 02:01  |  Edited by: ZeHealingHurts HurtingHeals
LITTLE THING: A little icon next to the health bar of team mates (maybe even only seen by people carrying nanohives) that starts out green, meaning they have full ammo, and slowly crosses into red, meaning they're out. It just makes things simpler when dolling out ammo and your not on a team with mics. Even those with one can forget until they only have half a mag.

2014: I feel like we need something more for high slots. There just isn't enough variety. Maybe it's just me, but the only choices I ever even consider are damage mods or shield extenders. Passive armor/shield hardeners would be pretty boss. Get more mileage out of what you can fit. Actually, maybe the shield hardeners could be low slots so that those that are pro-shield could have that option to buff it up completely. Armor could be highs; really important since right now I kinda just put Damage Modifiers up there since there isn't a whole lot else i'd be interested in. ACTIVE modules would be very nice as well. Powerful with cooldowns. It'd be kinda like micromanaging yourself in a way and it'd keep me awake during some of the...slower games.

FUTURE: Mechs. We need mechs. I'm talkin' a heavy's heavy's heavy. Super expensive, both SP wise and ISK wise, and with a good learning curve to truly excel with them. In fact, we need more robotic warfare. Drones would be very nice. A mini-drone that can follow you around and give you ammunition? A one time drone that would rep your shields/health? It's not like they'd be OP since they'd be pretty obvious and if they had heavy signature then you wouldn't be stealthing it up with one.
Maybe even a drone that you could trace a path of engagement for.

For instance, you are taking fire from three guys across a stretch who are up on top of a hill with you on your own. You could duck behind your hill and use the tac-map (which would also require some upgrades so that it was as close to seamless as possible to open and close) to draw a path that flanks those enemies and diverts their attention by attacking from behind, allowing you to move to differing cover; make an escape; or re-engage the enemies with a higher chance of success.

They could even have an entirely separate class for controlling drones and which uses them as a main method of play. I'd be all up for that. Simple sentry bots could be an awesome early detection system. I would really want to see an entire team that had drones send them all in one big herd towards a group of red dots in an Ambush match. It would either be extremely hilarious, useful, or terrifying.

Also, customizable quarters wouldn't hurt. You don't want to know what i'd do to get a window installed in there. It might just show stars or it might show passing ships. Hell; maybe you'd have it in a predetermined spot and it'd show passing ships in EVE and you could read up information on those specific ships. I know I could spend a lot of time doing something like that. Would also be handy for when your squad is fixing themselves for the next deployment, but your already ready to go and are just waiting.

AVERT YOUR EYES!

Rise Of Old Dudes
#15 Posted: 2013.11.29 02:01
Immediately: All Racial Dropsuits, Restructured OBs

2014: Early - P2P Market & Speeders; Late - Weather and Water

Soon™ - Open maps with multiple ongoing battles and the ability to interact with them.

PSN: The_Rynoceros

Console Master Race

Dox You.
#16 Posted: 2013.11.29 02:13
Castor Crave wrote:
Hello,

And just to be clear, I am not really looking for bugfix suggestions in any of those :)

Just as last time, try and "sell" me your ideas. Why would they be a good addition to the game? Don't shy away from being elaborate; make the reader really want to support what you bring forward. The posts that convince me the most will have the chance to win the following:

1st Prize: 100mil ISK & 1x Templar Set - currently without Uplink, but I'll try to get my hands on one of those for you. No promises though =(

2nd Prize: 100mil ISK

3rd Prize: 50mil ISK

You have time to post your submissions here until Tranquility opens for Dust Mercs with the 1.7 patch on December 10th. I am looking forward to read them :3

Cheers

Castor

PS: If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to leave them here or shoot me a mail. I'll have no access to my PS3 though until after next week, but you can still reach me via my EVE character "Nerevar Dwemor".

Sorry Castor. Though you gave the bonus ISK, the fact that you didn’t follow through with the choice of a third place I am suspect about this “give away.” That and the abject use of a limited scope of consideration in the creation of a dropsuit as to the “overall effectiveness” of it. This is no to say that I am not thankful for the score and the 9m ISK. I am. The issue I had was with your explanation and then your subsequent inability to answer the most basic questions about third place on the last event while pumping up the two that placed as co-1st place.

"Mind is the Only reality, of which all other natures are better or worse reflections.” RWE

Don't Wanna Be
#17 Posted: 2013.11.29 02:13
Something small: Grenade indicators. Dunno why they were removed, but we used to have them and now we don't, I'd like to see them re-implemented.

Something in 2014: It'd be great to see some PvE content, even if it isn't fully fleshed out yet.

Future vision: Fully realized content. Basically everything CCP has mentioned so far but has failed to deliver on. All racial variants of all weaponry, dropsuits, and vehicles. Fully functional PvE missions and combat. Bugs and errors reduced to a minimum. Weapon attachments. Crusader and Pilot dropsuits. Large scale battles of 128v128, fighting within EvE ships. Autocannon and Laser turrets. Player market. And everything else that I used to be excited about but have long since forgotten.
#18 Posted: 2013.11.29 02:14
Reserved

Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. Whatever the cost.

> Warrior Doctor

Random Gunz
#19 Posted: 2013.11.29 02:16
Logi Bro wrote:
Something small: Grenade indicators. Dunno why they were removed, but we used to have them and now we don't, I'd like to see them re-implemented.

Something in 2014: It'd be great to see some PvE content, even if it isn't fully fleshed out yet.

Future vision: Fully realized content. Basically everything CCP has mentioned so far but has failed to deliver on. All racial variants of all weaponry, dropsuits, and vehicles. Fully functional PvE missions and combat. Bugs and errors reduced to a minimum. Weapon attachments. Crusader and Pilot dropsuits. Large scale battles of 128v128, fighting within EvE ships. Autocannon and Laser turrets. Player market. And everything else that I used to be excited about but have long since forgotten.

I always thought you were CCP LogiBro

Dust Player Since: July 2012

Pro Python Pilot!

Buying Plenty of BPOs

Doomheim
#20 Posted: 2013.11.29 02:19
Little Thing: Balance

2014: Balance

Future: mmm.... Im not Sure... perhaps... Balance?
8 Pages123Next pageLast page