DUST 514 Technology Lab

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

5 Pages123Next pageLast page
 

Introducing DUST Charts -- A Data Driven Community Website

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Crux Special Tasks Group
Gallente Federation
#1 Posted: 2013.10.06 19:26  |  Edited by: CCP Eterne
Quick Link
http://www.dustcharts.com

Want to see what events are happening in Planetary Conquest, as they happen? Looking for an easy target to attack? Curious about which Alliances and Corporations hold the most districts?

These are just a few of the questions you can find answers to on the DUST Charts website!

Currently, the site is primarily geared toward Planetary Conquest, since the only data exposed through the CREST API is related to Districts in Molden Heath. However, as CCP exposes more API Endpoints to the public, a broader range of features will be developed and released. DUST Charts currently offers the following functionality:


LIVE DASHBOARD

  • Activity Feed
  • Vulnerable Districts List
  • Breakdown of Reinforcement Time for all Districts
  • Count of Districts Under Attack, Generating Clones, Locked and Unlocked
  • Current ISK Value of all Clones in Molden Heath


DISTRICTS OWNERSHIP VISUALIZATION

  • By Corporation
  • By Alliance


DISTRICTS SEARCH

Great for searching for targets to attack!

  • View all data for every district
  • Sort by any field
  • Filter results on the fly by typing in the Search box


CORPORATIONS DASHBOARD

  • Listing of all Corporations participating in Planetary Conquest
  • Top 5 Greediest Corporations (highest tax rate)
  • Top 5 Richest Corporations (based on current clone biomass value)
  • Top 5 Largets Corporations (by member count)
  • Top 5 Bullied Corporations (by number of districts under attack)
  • All Corporations link to their own Corporation Overview page


CORPORATION OVERVIEW

Details

  • Alliance membership
  • CEO
  • Tax Rate
  • Member Count
  • Districts Held

Insights

  • Total Clone count
  • Total Clone capacity
  • Total Clone Biomass Value
  • Molden Heath Ownership Share
  • Held Districts Reinforcement Time Breakdown
  • Held Districts Infrastructure Type Breakdown

District Holdings

  • All data for districts held by Corporation
  • Sortable and Searchable

Recent Activity

  • Only events pertaining to Corporation


ALLIANCE DASHBOARD

  • Listing of all Corporations participating in Planetary Conquest
  • Top 5 Greediest Alliances (highest average tax rate of member corporations)
  • Top 5 Richest Alliances (based on current clone biomass value)
  • Top 5 Largets Alliances (by member count)
  • Top 5 Bullied Alliances (by number of districts under attack)
  • All Corporations link to their own Alliance Overview page


ALLIANCE OVERVIEW

Details

  • Tax Rate
  • Member Count
  • Corporation Count
  • Districts Held

Insights

  • Total Clone count
  • Total Clone capacity
  • Total Clone Biomass Value
  • Molden Heath Ownership Share
  • Held Districts Reinforcement Time Breakdown
  • Held Districts Infrastructure Type Breakdown

District Holdings

  • All data for districts held by Alliance
  • Sortable and Searchable

Recent Activity

  • Only events pertaining to Alliance


Chat

  • Embedded IRC Chat (#dust514 on irc.coldfront.net)


In addition to what is listed above, some of the features coming soon include:

  • Trending Dashboards (visualizing data over time)
  • More Event Types in the Activity Feed
  • Filter Activity Feed by Event Type
  • Constellation, Solar System, Planet and District Dashboards and Overview pages
  • Event Notifications -- Get an email when your corporation is attacked, loses a distrct, etc!
  • And much more...


Many nights and weekends were spent building DUST Charts in my spare time, so humor me and check it out if you haven't already Big smile

http://www.dustcharts.com

Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated! Feel free to post in this thread or use the "Contact Me" button on the "About" page on DUST Charts to send me an email.
Crux Special Tasks Group
Gallente Federation
#2 Posted: 2013.10.06 19:32  |  Edited by: BGoat
UPDATES

Patch Release - Oct 10th

  • Current EVE time now displayed in left-hand sidebar
  • Alliance pages now have tab listing their member corporations
  • Better linking of corporation names across the site
  • Alliance name on corporation page now links to corresponding alliance page
  • Link styling now makes it easier to see where links occur within text on the site
  • Breadcrumb navigation improved
  • Bugs in breadcrumb navigation and corporation links in event feed fixed


See the full release notes on the DUST Charts Blog
Random Gunz
#3 Posted: 2013.10.06 19:56
This is fantastic! How long did it take you to get it all working?

Fanfest Ghost Status Achieved

Why does everyone fellatiate darth?! -Aeon Amadi

Eternal Beings
#4 Posted: 2013.10.06 20:23
Nice website i love it.
Crux Special Tasks Group
Gallente Federation
#5 Posted: 2013.10.06 20:35
Darth-Carbonite GIO wrote:
This is fantastic! How long did it take you to get it all working?


Thanks Smile

Overall, it took about a month to get the site to a state that I felt was worthy of releasing to the public. About 30% of that time was spent on operational tasks, such as domain registration and configuration, setting up hosting, monitoring, tracking, etc. Another 30% of the time was spent on the back-end infrastructure for collecting the data, analyzing it, aggregating it and persisting it, and the internals of building and deploying releases of the application. The remaining 40% was all spent on building the user interface, integrating the front-end with external services and configuring the application.

There were a few stops and starts during that time while I was traveling, putting in long hours at work, adopting and taking care of a new puppy (wow, she is a handful Shocked), etc. There were additional features I really wanted to finish before launching, but sometimes it's better to SHIP IT and iterate, versus trying to make it perfect from the very start.

In my day job, I primarily work on back-end infrastructure, so making the site look good was quite a challenge Smile I'm trying to keep the site clean and easy for a user to look at without being overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information on the page, as is the case with many EVE sites out there. Hopefully, I am accomplishing that.

Feel free to use the buttons in the upper right to share the site on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus if you know other people that may want to check it out. Cool
Random Gunz
#6 Posted: 2013.10.06 20:41
BGoat wrote:
Darth-Carbonite GIO wrote:
This is fantastic! How long did it take you to get it all working?


Thanks Smile

Overall, it took about a month to get the site to a state that I felt was worthy of releasing to the public. About 30% of that time was spent on operational tasks, such as domain registration and configuration, setting up hosting, monitoring, tracking, etc. Another 30% of the time was spent on the back-end infrastructure for collecting the data, analyzing it, aggregating it and persisting it, and the internals of building and deploying releases of the application. The remaining 40% was all spent on building the user interface, integrating the front-end with external services and configuring the application.

There were a few stops and starts during that time while I was traveling, putting in long hours at work, adopting and taking care of a new puppy (wow, she is a handful Shocked), etc. There were additional features I really wanted to finish before launching, but sometimes it's better to SHIP IT and iterate, versus trying to make it perfect from the very start.

In my day job, I primarily work on back-end infrastructure, so making the site look good was quite a challenge Smile I'm trying to keep the site clean and easy for a user to look at without being overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information on the page, as is the case with many EVE sites out there. Hopefully, I am accomplishing that.

Feel free to use the buttons in the upper right to share the site on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus if you know other people that may want to check it out. Cool


I think it looks great, and I've already told my corpmates about it. Keep up the good work.

Fanfest Ghost Status Achieved

Why does everyone fellatiate darth?! -Aeon Amadi

Mikramurka Shock Troop
Minmatar Republic
#7 Posted: 2013.10.06 21:09
Amazing job BGoat. Clean, slick, informative, intuitive. A hard act to follow, tbh. Well done.

Spending merc fortune like water keeping these clone tumors under control....

Crux Special Tasks Group
Gallente Federation
#8 Posted: 2013.10.06 21:46
Vrain Matari wrote:
Amazing job BGoat. Clean, slick, informative, intuitive. A hard act to follow, tbh. Well done.


Thanks for the kind words! Big smile
Nos Nothi
#9 Posted: 2013.10.06 21:54
Nice work! I don't care about PC but it's great to see someone making use of the new CREST API. (I'm a programmer myself)

Can't wait for them to add more data to it.

I like what you've done - nice job!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't

Crux Special Tasks Group
Gallente Federation
#10 Posted: 2013.10.06 22:35
IAmDuncanIdaho II wrote:
Nice work! I don't care about PC but it's great to see someone making use of the new CREST API. (I'm a programmer myself)

Can't wait for them to add more data to it.

I like what you've done - nice job!


Thanks! Big smile

I'm really hoping we will get access to player data from matches. The amount of data may be very large, but I'd love the opportunity to tackle that big data problem. Maybe ingest it into Hadoop and use MapReduce to crunch some serious numbers. It would be interesting to build new leader boards that actually allow you to filter out the junk (unlike in the game -- seriously, who cares that a guy with 10 kills has a 10:1 k/d ratio?). It would also be possible to report on additional metrics like wp/death or custom metrics like what they have going on over at dust514stats.

Really, any additional data that isn't exclusive to Planetary Conquest will make DUST Charts far more useful to the average player. Here's to hoping...
Second-Nature
#11 Posted: 2013.10.06 22:43  |  Edited by: ReGnYuM
I am Impressed

You will see a nice surprise in your wallet
Clones 4u
#12 Posted: 2013.10.06 22:47
Very nice, good job there.

RF Gyro: 12.5% damage bonus; 10.5% rate of fire bonus

#13 Posted: 2013.10.06 22:48
That is one really nice looking site

Micheal Jackson died for my sins

#14 Posted: 2013.10.06 22:51
What a brilliant website! You've really done a fantastic job here.
I am going to be making great use of this.

Thanks.

TO DA MOON 514

Crux Special Tasks Group
Gallente Federation
#15 Posted: 2013.10.06 23:11
ReGnYuM wrote:
I am Impressed

You will see a nice surprise in your wallet


Wow ShockedShockedShocked

Quite a surprise indeed! Thank you very much for your generosity ReGnYuM!
Ancient Exiles.
Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
#16 Posted: 2013.10.06 23:29
This was Really needed!!

Such a great job! this is going to be a great resource.

It does a great job of bringing PC to life, this needs to be linked in game somehow.

great job
Mikramurka Shock Troop
Minmatar Republic
#17 Posted: 2013.10.06 23:47
Cool, but where are you coming up with the richest corp numbers?

ⓐⓝⓘⓜⓔ > ⓐⓛⓛ ★¿When will dust get better?★ Uprising God of Tanking Oculus Rift

Crux Special Tasks Group
Gallente Federation
#18 Posted: 2013.10.07 00:02
The legend345 wrote:
Cool, but where are you coming up with the richest corp numbers?


The moniker "Richest Corporations" may be a bit misleading and I should probably think of a better description for that section. The numbers you see are calculated in a very simple manner, using the following data points:

Total Clones Currently Possessed by Corporation (TC)
Biomass Value of one Clone (BV)

TC * BV = Clone Biomass Net Worth

But that just doesn't have the same ring to it as "Richest Corporations" P

Obviously, I can't possibly know how much ISK a corporation or alliance has in their coffers, since I can't see into corporate wallets, so this is the next best thing for now. Soon, I will be exposing running totals for ISK profit from clone sales (last 24 hours, last week, last month, etc), which will probably be more interesting.
the sound of freedom
#19 Posted: 2013.10.07 00:09
great website. can't wait until you get more info from crest.

rip ccp. it was a good run.

www.forum.eternalcrusade.com

Sanguis Defense Syndicate
#20 Posted: 2013.10.07 01:22  |  Edited by: Poonmunch
Really great stuff. Thanks a bunch.

It helps me get a handle on what exactly is going on in PC and has taught me quite a bit. I can see that I was badly misinformed about what was going on.

The site looks really crisp and uncomplicated.

Thanks for doing this.


Munch

Anyone who buys AUR now is a fool.

5 Pages123Next pageLast page
Forum Jump