Features and Ideas Discussion

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

2 Pages12Next page
 

MCC to MCC damage problem & solution

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Dominion of the Supreme Emperor God-King KAGEHOSHI
#1 Posted: 2013.08.31 18:02  |  Edited by: KAGEHOSHI Horned Wolf
In addition to null cannons dealing damage, MCCs get damaged by constantly shooting at each other. This is bad because if a losing team manages to do a great offensive to capture all null cannons and hold them, they can still lose because of damage from the other MCC's missiles. This creates a sense of hopelessness when a battle is almost over, because it makes it impossible for a losing team to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. No matter how many null cannons they capture to turn the battle around, they will still lose because the other MCC's missiles will take out their remaining MCC's HP.

EDIT: Perfect solution
SponkSponkSponk wrote:
Maybe MCCs only shoot when zero points are controlled.

If two points are controlled and two still neutral, they shoot at half speed.

And once all points are controlled by someone, the MCCs stop shooting.

▲Supreme emperor god-king【KAGEH۞SHI】// Lord of threads // Forum alt▼

#2 Posted: 2013.09.01 15:30
KAGEHOSHI Horned Wolf wrote:
If a losing team manages to do a great offensive and manage to capture all null cannons and hold it, they can still lose because of damage from the other MCC's missiles. This creates a sense of hopelessness when a battle is almost over, because it makes it impossible for a losing team to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.


Advocated for this a while back and the general response was that if your team was doing that badly you were going to lose anyway;

but honestly I don't think that's the case. I think the MCC to MCC damage is putting a major hamper on PC Battles as it's almost guaranteed that whoever has the most clones wins unless you do awesome from the start. There's been a few occasions where my corporation is winning a battle and once it gets to a certain point (about half armor) and save clones because there's simply no-way that they can turn it around.

Another thing I don't like about it is the fact that close games are somewhat skewed. A team with just a hair more MCC armor but less objectives can still win - an team who's losing on objectives but winning on clones goes down far too quickly.

Then you take into account the fact that there's a timer after the objective gets hacked at which the cannon is still firing for the opposing team, instead of neutralizing the objective - so for that brief window you're trying to turn things around (and could do a fairly decent job) your MCC is still taking damage along with the fact that the enemy MCC is dishing it out.

Of course, some will say that changing that will invariably make it so that the matches are ridiculously long but who are we honestly kidding here? A lot of players binge play this game and others just get on to do one or so matches - it's not this big necessity that the match has to revolve around the 30 minute mark.

(Former) CPM2 Representative for Dust 514 and Project Nova

Dominion of the Supreme Emperor God-King KAGEHOSHI
#3 Posted: 2013.09.12 20:48
Worst thing about Skirmish.

▲Supreme emperor god-king【KAGEH۞SHI】// Lord of threads // Forum alt▼

the sound of freedom
#4 Posted: 2013.10.04 15:13
KAGEHOSHI Horned Wolf wrote:
If a losing team manages to do a great offensive and manage to capture all null cannons and hold it, they can still lose because of damage from the other MCC's missiles. This creates a sense of hopelessness when a battle is almost over, because it makes it impossible for a losing team to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.


agreed. if you've got a team redlined it should be a fast match. if you can redline them at the end, you should be able to come back and win.

rip ccp. it was a good run.

www.forum.eternalcrusade.com

Doomheim
#5 Posted: 2013.10.05 02:49
I would say in combination remove Objective Spawning. The MCC is going to be an object in the sky we might as well find a use for it, especially if MCC to MCC Fire is removed. Right now MCC is more of a novelty/AFK Spawn point. In Maps like Manus peak, the Caldari MCC offers a valid and different spawn location, it is very separate from the Ground Base allowing different Objectives to be approached from different start spawns.
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 Posted: 2013.10.09 01:53
KAGEHOSHI Horned Wolf wrote:
If a losing team manages to do a great offensive and manage to capture all null cannons and hold it, they can still lose because of damage from the other MCC's missiles. This creates a sense of hopelessness when a battle is almost over, because it makes it impossible for a losing team to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.


This should go into the main Feedback Requests forums. It is a Game Design decision.

Anything is possible given enough time.

CCP LogicLoop

The Southern Legion
#7 Posted: 2013.10.09 02:00
Isn't the main point of MCC/MCC damage to prevent 23.5 hour long skirmishes?

This seems especially important for PC matches since it is not that difficult to set up a match and organise to AFK until just before DT.
#8 Posted: 2013.10.09 02:04
Garth Mandra wrote:
Isn't the main point of MCC/MCC damage to prevent 23.5 hour long skirmishes?

This seems especially important for PC matches since it is not that difficult to set up a match and organise to AFK until just before DT.


Alternatively we could just revert back to Skirmish 1.0 P

I personally like long matches, since most players binge play (consecutive matches over and over again) it's not unreasonable to have a game mode that has these really long matches, obviously with a default win/loss if no objectives are taken to prevent AFK spam.

Can't wait for Skirmish 3.0, honestly.

(Former) CPM2 Representative for Dust 514 and Project Nova

warravens
Imperium Eden
#9 Posted: 2013.10.09 03:33
Maybe MCCs only shoot when zero points are controlled.

If two points are controlled and two still neutral, they shoot at half speed.

And once all points are controlled by someone, the MCCs stop shooting.
Dominion of the Supreme Emperor God-King KAGEHOSHI
#10 Posted: 2013.10.09 03:35
SponkSponkSponk wrote:
Maybe MCCs only shoot when zero points are controlled.

If two points are controlled and two still neutral, they shoot at half speed.

And once all points are controlled by someone, the MCCs stop shooting.

Great idea, solves every problem

▲Supreme emperor god-king【KAGEH۞SHI】// Lord of threads // Forum alt▼

Knights Of The 0ld Republic
#11 Posted: 2013.10.09 06:08  |  Edited by: GM Murasaki
Instead why not add in a new control point on every map. The defense relay. You guys allready mention this object and it has it's own map icon so why not use it?

So in addition to the normal capture points you add in the defense relay. Which ever team holds control of the defence relays gets to take zero damage from the enemy MCC.

Unlike a normal Capture point make this a point that you need to hack and then actually hold for a whole 90 seconds before the defense relay kicks into effect.

This way matches don't last super long, but a team has a path towards victory no matter how far behind they are.

Super RANT about how I'd like to see MCC loss handled in PC not on topic :P
Also I still believe in PC once the MCC vs.MCC match is done, if the attackers wins just start having the MCC start moving, and hae the second battle just happen. No loading screens. Right into the second match. Now it's MCC versus infrastructure.? The point of a mobile command center is to land outside of the targets planetary shields right, and attack the base from the ground? Like in the battle of hoth, the ATAT walkers don't just drop down on the base from space, they have to drop down far away and move inwards.

The defending team sends out an MCC to intercept the incoming MCC before it even gets close. Once the attacing team wins they can now move forwards towards the objective. This is where skrmisk 1.0 comes back into play. The point is to blow up the shield generators surrounding the base in order to attack it. It's fun because the defending team can win by keeping the shield generators alive long enough to drive off the attacking teams MCC. Instead of having to focus on capturing points all over again after winning the 1st match, now you just get to win by blowing stuff up!

Finally the attacking team wins and the MCC moves forward to hack and capture the enemy infrastructure. This part of the match would be where you fight in the building that matches what was built there. So if you were assaulting a Factory you would now finally be fighting in the factory. It's like a reward to win the 1st 2 phases, and get far enough to see the objective.

Also it's a bit fresh since it's not MCC vs. MCC. But the game mode is still capture the 4 points. But now the attacking team wants to capture the points to turn OFF the Anti-MCC turrets.

Plus then it would be 3 game modes in a row, how fun. It wouldn't get boring and dullllllllllllllll
*please people, remember I'VE ACTUALLY PLAYED THIS GAME MODE ON MY PS3 IN DUST I'm not just making it up ccp has already done all the groundwork*
This game could be something really great.

NULLIMPEX INC
#12 Posted: 2013.10.09 11:23
KAGEHOSHI Horned Wolf wrote:
SponkSponkSponk wrote:
Maybe MCCs only shoot when zero points are controlled.

If two points are controlled and two still neutral, they shoot at half speed.

And once all points are controlled by someone, the MCCs stop shooting.

Great idea, solves every problem
Why not break MCC turrets (and turn them off or lower their DPS) when armor gets below certain level?

I wonder if either MCC turrets will get limited ammo after the "vehicle pass of doom".

On the side note, the same should be for our dropsuits, equipment and vehs. Overall system performance should drop in line with deteriorating armor. You can run out of ammo with 100%/100% HP. Why not make our weapons/equipment stop working (or overheat more quickly, lower DPS or drop in efficiency) when armor gets below, say 10%? (Ex. EVE ships loose teeth when damaged)
Dominion of the Supreme Emperor God-King KAGEHOSHI
#13 Posted: 2013.10.11 06:40
Needs to be fixed

▲Supreme emperor god-king【KAGEH۞SHI】// Lord of threads // Forum alt▼

#14 Posted: 2013.10.11 13:13
I like it. Adds a new dynamic from game modes in other games. Plus, it's kind of fun to take all the points for 90% of the game and then let the other team think they got the game.

They thought.

Put your flags up in the sky. And wave them side to side. Show the world where you're from. Show the world we are one.

Ostrakon Agency
Gallente Federation
#15 Posted: 2013.10.11 17:04
This doesn't need to be fixed at all, it is a great tool at times, such as if you are winning in a skirmish and at the end suddenly half the other team leaves and in comes the proto stomp crew, who suddenly start kicking your teams teeth in, they should not be allowed to just come in and "win" the game unless they were around long enough. The damage on MCC's make the game more realistic, I wish their were ways to increase the damage, add resistance, heal the MCC and other options like that. What your basically asking for is another nerf to the game. Should I ask if Call of Duty wants you back? That you can't handle conditions more then just the immediate battle on the ground. Point being, this is an awesome thing to have MCC's actually hitting each other, do not take it away.
True Pros Forever
#16 Posted: 2013.10.11 21:41
not sure i understand...


but has any one here been in one of those battles where only a few players r on your team destroying the enemy team yet un able to hold a single objective? and so ends in a loss even though the enemy team has few to no clones left?


im wondering how these types of battles/scenarios could be effected by this.


great potential is always there..

it just has yet to be realized

Silent Insanity...

Den of Swords
#17 Posted: 2013.10.12 02:56
When MCCs go player controlled they're going have to decide to shoot the other MCC or at ground troops.

Former CPM 0, CPM 1

Omni-Soldier, Forum Warrior

Dominion of the Supreme Emperor God-King KAGEHOSHI
#18 Posted: 2013.10.12 03:39
Iron Wolf Saber wrote:
When MCCs go player controlled they're going have to decide to shoot the other MCC or at ground troops.

That isn't the point of this thread, this thread is about the current non-player-controlled MCC's shooting each other, and the adverse effect it has on gameplay.

▲Supreme emperor god-king【KAGEH۞SHI】// Lord of threads // Forum alt▼

fatal absolution
Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
#19 Posted: 2013.10.12 06:34
The reason I disagree comes from PC experience. We've had numerous battles where we launched with 120 clones. When you're facing the best competition in the game 120 clones isn't enough to fight a whole battle. You will end up being cloned about 5 ticks of armor if the points have been competitive. Point being that in order to win those matches our strategy to win depended on controlling points long enough to pull out and withdraw from battle after having controlled the majority of the points long enough that with 5 clones left (assuming extraction/retreat was executed correctly) they could cap all points and we'd win.

No matter what. FAmily

Mercy may only be obtained in death. In other words; Fatal Absolution.

Subdreddit
#20 Posted: 2013.10.12 07:28
Instead of removing content from the game, why not add some more?

Each side could have an installation that intercepts a certain number of missiles, compensating for lone missiles coming from the MCC but having other null cannons being able to overcome it.

This installation would be destroyable/hackable so any strategies involving MCC damage would still function as long as you manage to take out that installation first.

... Balls?

2 Pages12Next page
Forum Jump