General Discussions

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

 

Is there a schedule for the comming patches? A roadmap maybe? [UPDATE V4]

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Kinsho Swords
Caldari State
#81 Posted: 2013.06.24 07:51
CCP this is taking so long.
Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#82 Posted: 2013.06.25 06:18
So, around Wednesday or Thursday we can expect to hear or see something?
Even If, am I the only one disappointed that is has taken so long?

R.I.P. Dust514 02 May 2014

EVE United

Mannar Focused Warfare
Gallente Federation
#83 Posted: 2013.06.25 06:32
Hey... at least we're getting store front updates.
That's the most important thing to do right now.
Milk it while you still can.
Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#84 Posted: 2013.06.25 07:37
So, there is a Dev Blog about patch 1.2.
But not other Information like Patchnotes and Date, am I right or did i miss something?

R.I.P. Dust514 02 May 2014

EVE United

PSU GHOST SYNDICATE
DARKSTAR ARMY
#85 Posted: 2013.06.25 07:38
meri jin wrote:
So, there is a Dev Blog about patch 1.2.
But not other Information like Patchnotes and Date, am I right or did i miss something?

I posted this in the other thread too, but that's old and only part of 1.2 (only the stuff team True Grit did).
Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#86 Posted: 2013.06.25 08:19  |  Edited by: meri jin
Sete Clifton wrote:
meri jin wrote:
So, there is a Dev Blog about patch 1.2.
But not other Information like Patchnotes and Date, am I right or did i miss something?

I posted this in the other thread too, but that's old and only part of 1.2 (only the stuff team True Grit did).



Yes Wednesday last week.
But since CCP gives Interviewees/videos and this way information to others rather than to us Roll, I try to google more. But could find anything.

R.I.P. Dust514 02 May 2014

EVE United

Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#87 Posted: 2013.06.26 04:40  |  Edited by: meri jin
So, here is something
http://dust514.com/news/blog/2013/06/uprising-1.2-and-beyond/

Quote:
The patch notes will list all of this in more detail very soon.


Are you satisfied or where you guys expecting more?

R.I.P. Dust514 02 May 2014

EVE United

Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#88 Posted: 2013.06.28 09:07
Well we have finely seen the patch notes for 1.2. Thank you for this one ccp.
How about the Roadmap now?

One last thought/idea about the roadmap.
Will you let us choose what should be the major priority or will you treat us like you know better what we want?
(man there was a word for this, just can’t remember anymore.)

R.I.P. Dust514 02 May 2014

EVE United

Kinsho Swords
Caldari State
#89 Posted: 2013.06.28 09:14
CCP Eterne wrote:
Hey, we have an internal roadmap. Our lead designer is currently at E3 but when he gets back the plan is for him to write a dev blog that will at least give a rough overview of our roadmap in the coming months. We anticipate people will be pleased with it.


WHERE IS THIS?
Imperfects
Negative-Feedback
#90 Posted: 2013.06.28 09:23
Yeah. Dev blogs came and went. Where is the roadmap?
Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#91 Posted: 2013.06.28 09:28  |  Edited by: meri jin
5aEKUXeRJGJ27kCDnDVYak3 wrote:
CCP Eterne wrote:
Hey, we have an internal roadmap. Our lead designer is currently at E3 but when he gets back the plan is for him to write a dev blog that will at least give a rough overview of our roadmap in the coming months. We anticipate people will be pleased with it.


WHERE IS THIS?



I for example don't want to see the internal roadmap. It would hurt me a lot to see things come and go, see things more up and down in priority. Just let me see a more "mature" roadmap.

And please do it soon, like the soon we like, and not the soonTM you are using *giggle*.

Blink

R.I.P. Dust514 02 May 2014

EVE United

NULLIMPEX INC
#92 Posted: 2013.06.28 09:38  |  Edited by: Robert JD Niewiadomski
I am afraid the roadmap dev blog covering new features will be delayed because CCP is "looking far more on fixing our basic mechanics than other things" Smile (no pun intended, i like this approach)
CCP Eterne wrote:
(...)Just a note but due to the feedback we've received since Uprising the roadmap has greatly changed since the Fanfest presentation. We're looking far more on fixing our basic mechanics than other things.
Source: https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=974172#post974172
Posted on June, 24th...

If you want to see a roadmap version from FanFest 2013, then watch this 2hr presentation (with DUST kitchen vids!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=pl&gl=PL&client=mv-google&v=U72pU7WrsDs

Maybe we should back off and give them some space to breathe? Meanwhile July 2nd is coming our way!
Imperfects
Negative-Feedback
#93 Posted: 2013.06.28 09:44
Robert JD Niewiadomski wrote:
I am afraid the roadmap dev blog covering new features will be delayed because CCP is "looking far more on fixing our basic mechanics than other things" Smile (no pun intended, i like this approach)
CCP Eterne wrote:
(...)Just a note but due to the feedback we've received since Uprising the roadmap has greatly changed since the Fanfest presentation. We're looking far more on fixing our basic mechanics than other things.
Source: https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=974172#post974172
Posted on June, 24th...

If you want to see a roadmap version from FanFest 2013, then watch this 2hr presentation (with DUST kitchen vids!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=pl&gl=PL&client=mv-google&v=U72pU7WrsDs

Maybe we should back off and give them some space to breathe? Meanwhile July 2nd is coming our way!

And later down at the same page he says the devblog will be out wednesday this week, which is 2 days ago.

Winner of the EU Squad Cup & the closed beta Tester's Tournament.

Go Go Power Rangers!

R.I.P MAG.

Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#94 Posted: 2013.06.28 09:45
Robert JD Niewiadomski wrote:
I am afraid the roadmap dev blog covering new features will be delayed because CCP is "looking far more on fixing our basic mechanics than other things" Smile (no pun intended, i like this approach)
CCP Eterne wrote:
(...)Just a note but due to the feedback we've received since Uprising the roadmap has greatly changed since the Fanfest presentation. We're looking far more on fixing our basic mechanics than other things.
Source: https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=974172#post974172
Posted on June, 24th...

If you want to see a roadmap version from FanFest 2013, then watch this 2hr presentation (with DUST kitchen vids!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=pl&gl=PL&client=mv-google&v=U72pU7WrsDs

Maybe we should back off and give them some space to breathe? Meanwhile July 2nd is coming our way!



Is it really that hard to let us know what is ahead and what time periods did ccp think of, or are they afraid of something?
I'm serious here, is a roadmap to much to ask?

But in any case, +1 for your constructive posting!

R.I.P. Dust514 02 May 2014

EVE United

NULLIMPEX INC
#95 Posted: 2013.06.28 10:39
Bendtner92 wrote:
(...)And later down at the same page he says the devblog will be out wednesday this week, which is 2 days ago.
And here it is:

meri jin wrote:
So, here is something
http://dust514.com/news/blog/2013/06/uprising-1.2-and-beyond/

Quote:
The patch notes will list all of this in more detail very soon.


Are you satisfied or where you guys expecting more?
Post #87 at this page in this thread...

CCP Mintchip wrote:
There are a lot of changes going on with DUST 514. The Uprising 1.2 expansion is coming soon and will bring a number of fixes, such as adjustments to weapon ranges, ISK transfers, and more. Additionally, there are changes coming to our development cycle which will allow us to more rapidly respond to your concerns and improve the core gameplay of DUST. In this new dev blog, CCP Praetorian discusses what's coming in 1.2, what we're focusing on in the near future, and how we'll deliver it to you in the coming months.
Posted on June, 25th...

CCP Praetorian (aka Atli Mar) is Creative Director of DUST 514 at CCP Shanghai
Here is his tweet dated June 9th stating his enroute to E3:
https://twitter.com/CCP_Praetorian/status/343689173766639618

So he must be that "lead designer" we were expecting to write a devblog on roadmap... And the uprising 1.2 devblog must be that devblog imho...
Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#96 Posted: 2013.06.28 10:57
Since we're bitching about CCP missing dates for dev blogs and whatnot, I'd like to direct your attention over to this thread where they promise to update us on the vita app sometime this week. There is less than 24 hours left in this workweek, at least in my part of the world. Will they make the deadline? I doubt it.
C C P
C C P Alliance
#97 Posted: 2013.06.28 11:49
The dev blog we put out on Tuesday was our Uprising + the Future dev blog.

If you want a more detailed look at our roadmap, here are the things we'll be working on over the coming months.


  • Upgrading the New Player Experience so you have greater context, immersion, and are better prepared to survive in DUST.
  • Improving controls for aiming
  • Balancing Instant Battles so players are matched better
  • Making sure all battles hit a consistent 30 FPS minimum for our current max battle sizes
  • Improving vehicle movement
  • Balancing vehicles so each has a role and is balanced both versus other vehicles and infantry
  • Improving infantry movement
  • Making getting into battles provide more context about what's going on, why you're fighting, etc.
  • Improving Planetary Conquest and making it more meaningful and interesting to be involved with
  • Improving Factional Warfare, making it more interesting, and rewarding players who are loyal to a faction somehow
  • Fixing bugs and exploits
  • Improving overall gear balancing so there is no "best" choice and there are tactical choices to make
  • Improving situational awareness tools through the UI
  • Improving the fitting experience through UI and better integration with the market


There are also things that are not high level roadmap stuff that we'll be working on. Stuff like the addition of snow in Uprising 1.2 is a good example of this. For example, we have some other graphical improvements coming in 1.3, such as some changes to sites and scopes to improve visibility in certain environments, which are not "Roadmap" items but are still important fixes nonetheless.

We don't have set-in-stone dates for when certain things are coming. It's also not really possible to share the nitty gritty details of each roadmap item at the moment, for a variety of reasons.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCPEterne ※ @EVELiveEvents

C C P
C C P Alliance
#98 Posted: 2013.06.28 11:50
Oh, and I'm prodding people about the Vita thread. We've collected the questions, so hopefully you'll be getting those answers soon.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCPEterne ※ @EVELiveEvents

Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#99 Posted: 2013.06.28 11:52
Just as a reminder, we need timestamps in chat!
Red Star.
#100 Posted: 2013.06.28 11:56
CCP Eterne wrote:
Oh, and I'm prodding people about the Vita thread. We've collected the questions, so hopefully you'll be getting those answers soon.


Poke CCP blam and get him to wake up

Vehicle players are left in the dark

CCP Rattati - "One giant vehicle nerf with more power to AV", you have got to be kidding...''

Forum Jump