Topic is locked indefinitely.

6 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page

Duvol Tacticle Assault Riffle

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Red and Silver Hand
Amarr Empire
#21 Posted: 2013.06.05 03:12
Just to be really clear on this. I do not blame players for buying modded controllers or even if they are creative and mod the controller themself. I have no issue with the players at all. I blame the programmers for a very unbalanced weapon. The weapon itself should be addressed by either introducing recoil, rate limiting the weapon, smaller clips, longer reload time or some sort of combination of these things.
Ultimately i dont think there is a way to truly tell if someone is using a modded controller or if they just have an insanly fast trigger finger. I would even go so far to say that if someone does have a wicked fast trigger finger these mods for this weapon are appropriate.
The weapon that should be the CQC monster the boundless HMG does not even come close to the same damage output as these do at any range. In fact from the calculations earlier this weapon can lay out even proto heavys with max shields in about a second and less a clip of ammo.
C C P
C C P Alliance
#22 Posted: 2013.06.05 03:46
Hi guys,

We are performing final tests on an update today. As long as all goes well and the game doesn't explode we will be deploying some changes to the TAC as well as fixing the explosives skill that wasn’t working. The TAC has clip size reduced to 18, increased dispersion when hip firing and a lower ROF cap.

We’ll be watching carefully to see what kind of impact this has on weapon performance.

CCP Wolfman
D3LTA FORC3
#23 Posted: 2013.06.05 03:51
i am getting realy close to wanting to punch some FMs i the face the weapons are ******* broke the HMG does less damage then any weapon tell me how is that possible and use LOGIC
Tarkus' Trust Funds of New Eden
#24 Posted: 2013.06.05 03:56
karonzon wrote:
i am getting realy close to wanting to punch some FMs i the face the weapons are ******* broke the HMG does less damage then any weapon tell me how is that possible and use LOGIC

game balance of course... look at its ROF its double that of an SMG so of course the damage has to be lower the problem with it isnt the damage its the range if it had the range of an AR it would be a pretty significant threat considering that the suits that use it are infantry tanks and the size of its drum
WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#25 Posted: 2013.06.05 03:56
karonzon wrote:

the smg, does more damage per shot (militia), than even the officer HMG. the officer is 22.5 hp, the militia smg is 23hp. yes, i know the fire rate is havlfed, but why should an hmg need to put out twice as many bullets to do any real damage. the std assault heavy machine gun does 13.8 damage per shot and with the horrible dispersion its laughable.

i feel like i have a rainbow cannon firing glitter instead of a death machnine

Sou o Defendeiro dos derrubados_Pronto saberá justiça

WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#26 Posted: 2013.06.05 03:57
CCP Wolfman wrote:
Hi guys,

We are performing final tests on an update today. As long as all goes well and the game doesn't explode we will be deploying some changes to the TAC as well as fixing the explosives skill that wasn’t working. The TAC has clip size reduced to 18, increased dispersion when hip firing and a lower ROF cap.

We’ll be watching carefully to see what kind of impact this has on weapon performance.

CCP Wolfman

i hope you are also working on the GLU, and GEK, because those are just as dangerous.

WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#27 Posted: 2013.06.05 04:05
Tankin Tarkus wrote:
karonzon wrote:

game balance of course... look at its ROF its double that of an SMG so of course the damage has to be lower the problem with it isnt the damage its the range if it had the range of an AR it would be a pretty significant threat considering that the suits that use it are infantry tanks and the size of its drum

militia smg (a secondary): 22.3 * 1000 = 22,300 dmp = 372dps
assault hmg standard (a primary): 13.8 * 2000 = 27,600 dpm = 460dps

its only an 88 damage difference! considering i need to get weaponry to lvl 5 to use hmgs, and all the crap i gotta put points into to get hmgs, having pretty much the same damage as a militia secondary is insulting. the double fire rate means nothing when you factor in the horible dispersion and lengthy reload. it only means i need to burn through twice as much ammo to do the same job!

Kirkinen Risk Control
Caldari State
#28 Posted: 2013.06.05 04:08
CCP Wolfman wrote:
Hi guys,

CCP Wolfman

So how about now that you've given TACs the feather duster nerf treatment you turn around and ******* FIX MASS DRIVERS.

1.5 seconds of automatic rifle fire takes you down from maximum range meanwhile you have to run in circles unloading an entire magazine with the Mass Driver at point blank range to drop someone's shields.
DUST University
#29 Posted: 2013.06.05 04:10
CCP Wolfman wrote:
Hi guys,

CCP Wolfman

What do you mean don't explode? What the hell are you feeding those hamsters with?

Eve Online Invite https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=ed64524f-15ca-4997-ab92-eaae0af74b7f&action=buddy

#30 Posted: 2013.06.05 04:13
D legendary hero wrote:
Tankin Tarkus wrote:
karonzon wrote:

its only an 88 damage difference! considering i need to get weaponry to lvl 5 to use hmgs, and all the crap i gotta put points into to get hmgs, having pretty much the same damage as a militia secondary is insulting. the double fire rate means nothing when you factor in the horible dispersion and lengthy reload. it only means i need to burn through twice as much ammo to do the same job!

your comparing a standard grade weapon(with longer range and lower damage) to a militia grade sidearm(which has the same damage as a standard grade sidearm) you also have what.... 3x the ammo a drum which means u out dps the smg and your drums last longer which is why u have slower reload...
Kirkinen Risk Control
Caldari State
#31 Posted: 2013.06.05 04:13
CCP Wolfman wrote:

It's funny that so much attention is being paid to impacts on weapon performance now.

Where was this deep concern when Mass Drivers were tossed off a cliff?

You would think that an entire class of slowly firing, difficult to aim weapons that don't actually do any damage would have caught someone's attention by now.
#32 Posted: 2013.06.05 04:15
Mike Poole wrote:
CCP Wolfman wrote:

It's funny that so much attention is being paid to impacts on weapon performance now.

Where was this deep concern when Mass Drivers were tossed off a cliff?

You would think that an entire class of slowly firing, difficult to aim weapons that don't actually do any damage would have caught someone's attention by now.

pretty sure they said they were working on the MD's issues too which are effected by more than just a nerf
WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#33 Posted: 2013.06.05 04:27
Tankin Tarkus wrote:
D legendary hero wrote:
Tankin Tarkus wrote:
karonzon wrote:

your comparing a standard grade weapon(with longer range and lower damage) to a militia grade sidearm(which has the same damage as a standard grade sidearm) you also have what.... 3x the ammo a drum which means u out dps the smg and your drums last longer which is why u have slower reload...

the reason why i used militia is because you need no skill points in it. there is no militia hmg. you need to be freaking lvl 5 weaponry for that. and 88hp more damager per second, it doesnt make sense.

the smg reloads 3x faster than the hmg so they balance out in dps with regards reload. so yes i have a bigger mag with over heating, but i takes me 8seconds to reload. even at max reload skill, its still 6.8 seconds reload speed.

inaddition the assault does not add much range. its only about 5-10% more range. for a damage drop that big. not worth it.

Free Guard of Arrakis
#34 Posted: 2013.06.05 04:47  |  Edited by: Pseudonym0
While the GEK may be a bit more powerful than it should, they do still require concentrated continuous fire that hits target and they have a significantly lower range than a TAC. GEK could maybe use some tweaking but the TAC needs a complete overhaul which IMHO is a far greater priority given the relative damage potentials. I've only been using AR's regularly since this patch cause I've always thought they were a little too easy, but I can tell already that the GEK doesn't unbalance the game nearly as much as the tacticals do.

EDIT: Also, I sincerely hope the explosives fix devs are talking about applies to the MD, or that a fix is coming soon, thanks :).
#35 Posted: 2013.06.05 04:54
D legendary hero wrote:
Tankin Tarkus wrote:
D legendary hero wrote:
Tankin Tarkus wrote:
karonzon wrote:

the reason why i used militia is because you need no skill points in it. there is no militia hmg. you need to be freaking lvl 5 weaponry for that. and 88hp more damager per second, it doesnt make sense.

the smg reloads 3x faster than the hmg so they balance out in dps with regards reload. so yes i have a bigger mag with over heating, but i takes me 8seconds to reload. even at max reload skill, its still 6.8 seconds reload speed.

inaddition the assault does not add much range. its only about 5-10% more range. for a damage drop that big. not worth it.

AHMG has a max range almost on par with an AR but shorter optimum.... regardless why not instead compare the basic HMG to the basic SMG doesnt that then become something like 18dmg@2k RPM to 22.3dmg@1k RPM
The Third Day
#36 Posted: 2013.06.05 04:55  |  Edited by: Dale Templar
A Weapon that kills people =/= Unbalanced or Overpowered.

Also, The HMG is insanely powerful, are you people on crack? I've been killed more by HMG's than I have any other weapon in the game.

Stats do not dictate how something functions in the real world, you can number crunch all you like.
WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#37 Posted: 2013.06.05 04:56
in the kill feeds all i see are tacs, geks, and glus.

they all need a nerf, starting with the tac. then a nerf on the glu and then gek respectively. they shouldn't be over nerfed.
but they should only be doing the type of damage they do, when someone has damage mods and proficiency sp at max in ARs. they are all way too powerful.

anyone who plays this game will see that. if CCP were to anaylize the kill feeds in every game played between this week and last week alone, they will see that these weapons attain 65-70% of all kills (among small arms). probably more.

if CCP were to post the kills per weapon stats for the past month. among small arms, i guarantee you 67%~77% will be tac, glu, and gek.

something must be done to balance the game out. as a side note, the smallest percentages will be lasers, MD and scrambler pistols.

The Third Day
#38 Posted: 2013.06.05 04:57
D legendary hero wrote:
in the kill feeds all i see are tacs, geks, and glus.

they all need a nerf, starting with the tac. then a nerf on the glu and then gek respectively. they shouldn't be over nerfed.
but they should only be doing the type of damage they do, when someone has damage mods and proficiency sp at max in ARs. they are all way too powerful.

anyone who plays this game will see that. if CCP were to anaylize the kill feeds in every game played between this week and last week alone, they will see that these weapons attain 65-70% of all kills (among small arms). probably more.

if CCP were to post the kills per weapon stats for the past month. among small arms, i guarantee you 67%~77% will be tac, glu, and gek.

something must be done to balance the game out. as a side note, the smallest percentages will be lasers, MD and scrambler pistols.

Wow, Assault Rifle is the most used weapon in a First Person Shooter, I'm totally shocked.
Den of Swords
#39 Posted: 2013.06.05 05:04
Mass Drivers are suffering from a bug that is making them very difficult to use for long range, numbers wise it should be in theory a good weapon. It may take a code deployment to fix.

Former CPM 0, CPM 1

Omni-Soldier, Forum Warrior

WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#40 Posted: 2013.06.05 05:19

Quote:

AHMG has a max range almost on par with an AR but shorter optimum.... regardless why not instead compare the basic HMG to the basic SMG doesnt that then become something like 18dmg@2k RPM to 22.3dmg@1k RPM

#1. no. the assault hmg has no where near as much range as an Ar even in chromosome with sharp shooter. trust me ive been play heavy since chromosome. and especially now with the range nerf, all AR has more range than the AHMG.

#2. the dps although substantially different in this case, is still a different situaltion. why? because the HMG in this build is unfortunately a CQC weapon. and with a **** poor turning speed, i cnt hit anything so im my 600dps is just hitting the wall. still it doesnt change the fact that the AHMG is only marginally better than an smg at half the rpm.

6 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page