General Discussions

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

5 PagesPrevious page12345Next page
 

Resolving Characters With ISK Issues

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Kestrel Reconnaissance
#41 Posted: 2013.05.31 23:46
DAMIOS82 wrote:
Actually i wish to have my character returned the way it was before all this mess started. Like a one or two week rollback. I had close to 350-400 million isk, of my own assets from the last reset, when i logged on earlier this week i noticed a gain of round about 140 mil. i spend 300 of my own isk on tanks, log on today and found out not only did they delete the surplus money, but also my own isk and then still have the oddasity to say more will be deducted thrue assets. i demand a rollback and stop messing with our characters...


Audacity, righteous indignation works better if you spell things properly
Isuuaya Tactical
Caldari State
#42 Posted: 2013.05.31 23:48
Just be glad i bother to speak english, maar als je wil kan ik ook verder gaan in het Nederlands of is dat te moeilijk voor je.
Valor Coalition
#43 Posted: 2013.05.31 23:53
Why should more action be taken I have negative isk I brought things I couldn't use now but will use later. I play normally no problems no complaints
OldballsAnd Friends Industries
#44 Posted: 2013.06.01 00:17  |  Edited by: SuperKing BigNuts
Jin no kami wrote:
Why should more action be taken I have negative isk I brought things I couldn't use now but will use later. I play normally no problems no complaints


if i had gotten my respec, i woulda bought myself into the redline just to make sure i stay laser focused on my current build, rather than running after whatever shinies come out next...

the only gains from this scheme would be psychological, i wouldnt have had any more proto suits by the time i got out of the negatives, i wouldnt have GAINED anything beyond staying focused on what i was doing currently.
Edimmu Warfighters
Gallente Federation
#45 Posted: 2013.06.01 00:51
And who said crime doesn't pay?
Eternal Beings
#46 Posted: 2013.06.01 01:33
It's amazing how quick everyone is to demonize other players on these forums. When I logged in on the 28th I had not looked at the forums. I saw 78m isk where before I had about 8m. Instead of the supposed devilish schemes and plotting that we are being accused of I thought "they must have turned my salvage into isk like they did at the launch of uprising on May 6".
So, thinking this isk was mine, I donated 20million to my corp. The next day I have a -12m balance and I''m playing in free fits.
It sucks, but it's kind of fun too. I grind my negative balance down to approx. 10.5m.
Now I'm set at 0, I still owe 10.5m. I'm ok with paying it back. I would hate to have my character banned or some other punitive action for an honest mistake. Honestly, it's not my corps fault either I didn't consult with anyone about my donation. I just did it. I'm the one who owes the money, let me pay it back.
OldballsAnd Friends Industries
#47 Posted: 2013.06.01 01:37  |  Edited by: SuperKing BigNuts
Wolf revenant wrote:
It's amazing how quick everyone is to demonize other players on these forums. When I logged in on the 28th I had not looked at the forums. I saw 78m isk where before I had about 8m. Instead of the supposed devilish schemes and plotting that we are being accused of I thought "they must have turned my salvage into isk like they did at the launch of uprising on May 6".
So, thinking this isk was mine, I donated 20million to my corp. The next day I have a -12m balance and I''m playing in free fits.
It sucks, but it's kind of fun too. I grind my negative balance down to approx. 10.5m.
Now I'm set at 0, I still owe 10.5m. I'm ok with paying it back. I would hate to have my character banned or some other punitive action for an honest mistake. Honestly, it's not my corps fault either I didn't consult with anyone about my donation. I just did it. I'm the one who owes the money, let me pay it back.


yet didnt think to verify your assets... i thought the same thing for all of 5 minutes until i verified i still had a few hundred of my fits, 5k+ of my hacked av grenades(merc pack exclusive that ended up on market), 5k+ charge snipers.

though props on accepting your negative balance with some maturity. if everyone else would do the same is the tricky bit.
AURORA 5
#48 Posted: 2013.06.01 03:05
I want my isk back :(
Onsencaliss
#49 Posted: 2013.06.01 04:52  |  Edited by: martinofski
I should have also sent my 250M+ isk to my alt, kitten me for doing it "right".
Imperfects
Negative-Feedback
#50 Posted: 2013.06.01 05:44
GM Grave wrote:
GM Grave wrote:
In the meantime we are working on a system to reclaim ISK from over-spending that will review player purchases and corp donation histories on a case by case basis in order to fairly correct each characters ISK wallet and assets as soon as possible.

While it may take some time to apply these changes we will contact affected users once we have rebalanced their ISK status to let them know that there should be no further adjustments.


Resetting characters to 0 ISK was a temporary fix that should allow players to play as normal during the our investigation, is it not the final step in resolving this issue.

Those who over-spent their unintended ISK on assets or who donated more than they could afford to their corporations will be investigated on a case by case basis and have their spending reversed. This means that we will be reclaiming assets and corporate donations including ISK spent by corporations where necessary.

[ Lead GM Grave | Project Lead | CCP Customer Relations | EVE Online | DUST 514 ]


That's a great plan. Waste 100's of hours of staff time when you could be building the game and doing QA with those staff. But yeah you go ahead and get that spilled milk back in the carton.
C C P
C C P Alliance
#51 Posted: 2013.06.01 06:05
2-Ton Twenty-One wrote:
GM Grave wrote:
GM Grave wrote:
In the meantime we are working on a system to reclaim ISK from over-spending that will review player purchases and corp donation histories on a case by case basis in order to fairly correct each characters ISK wallet and assets as soon as possible.

While it may take some time to apply these changes we will contact affected users once we have rebalanced their ISK status to let them know that there should be no further adjustments.


Resetting characters to 0 ISK was a temporary fix that should allow players to play as normal during the our investigation, is it not the final step in resolving this issue.

Those who over-spent their unintended ISK on assets or who donated more than they could afford to their corporations will be investigated on a case by case basis and have their spending reversed. This means that we will be reclaiming assets and corporate donations including ISK spent by corporations where necessary.

[ Lead GM Grave | Project Lead | CCP Customer Relations | EVE Online | DUST 514 ]


That's a great plan. Waste 100's of hours of staff time when you could be building the game and doing QA with those staff. But yeah you go ahead and get that spilled milk back in the carton.


Customer Support staff do not build the game or do QA as those are handled by our development teams. Asking them to do so is the equivalent of asking an ambulance crew to put out a fire in a skyscraper

Customer Support will strive to ensure that the errors in player wallets are remedied as soon as possible.
Opus Arcana
#52 Posted: 2013.06.01 07:10
Just a possible solution I posted on another thread regarding this. You could do the reset to 0 ISK for these people with an automatic 80% tax until the spent/donated ISK is completely covered, and could do a slight interest as a penalty.

However I do like the thought of Corporations who exploited this losing districts to concord over this. As they did break the rules.

Find me on Star Citizen: Theagan

DEAD SIX INITIATIVE

Vengeance Unbound
RUST415
#53 Posted: 2013.06.01 07:27
CCP Navigator wrote:
2-Ton Twenty-One wrote:
GM Grave wrote:
GM Grave wrote:
In the meantime we are working on a system to reclaim ISK from over-spending that will review player purchases and corp donation histories on a case by case basis in order to fairly correct each characters ISK wallet and assets as soon as possible.

While it may take some time to apply these changes we will contact affected users once we have rebalanced their ISK status to let them know that there should be no further adjustments.


Resetting characters to 0 ISK was a temporary fix that should allow players to play as normal during the our investigation, is it not the final step in resolving this issue.

Those who over-spent their unintended ISK on assets or who donated more than they could afford to their corporations will be investigated on a case by case basis and have their spending reversed. This means that we will be reclaiming assets and corporate donations including ISK spent by corporations where necessary.

[ Lead GM Grave | Project Lead | CCP Customer Relations | EVE Online | DUST 514 ]


That's a great plan. Waste 100's of hours of staff time when you could be building the game and doing QA with those staff. But yeah you go ahead and get that spilled milk back in the carton.


Customer Support staff do not build the game or do QA as those are handled by our development teams. Asking them to do so is the equivalent of asking an ambulance crew to put out a fire in a skyscraper

Customer Support will strive to ensure that the errors in player wallets are remedied as soon as possible.

Oooh, he told you! Shocked
Molon Labe.
#54 Posted: 2013.06.01 07:58
There is no open market so how does fake money hurt the market?
Red and Silver Hand
Amarr Empire
#55 Posted: 2013.06.01 09:46
I am guessing CCP is taking a "grass root" approach on this problem too. By time they attempt to fix everything they will use the free gear they got with glitched isk.
BIG BAD W0LVES
#56 Posted: 2013.06.01 13:10
2-Ton Twenty-One wrote:
GM Grave wrote:
GM Grave wrote:
In the meantime we are working on a system to reclaim ISK from over-spending that will review player purchases and corp donation histories on a case by case basis in order to fairly correct each characters ISK wallet and assets as soon as possible.

While it may take some time to apply these changes we will contact affected users once we have rebalanced their ISK status to let them know that there should be no further adjustments.


Resetting characters to 0 ISK was a temporary fix that should allow players to play as normal during the our investigation, is it not the final step in resolving this issue.

Those who over-spent their unintended ISK on assets or who donated more than they could afford to their corporations will be investigated on a case by case basis and have their spending reversed. This means that we will be reclaiming assets and corporate donations including ISK spent by corporations where necessary.

[ Lead GM Grave | Project Lead | CCP Customer Relations | EVE Online | DUST 514 ]


That's a great plan. Waste 100's of hours of staff time when you could be building the game and doing QA with those staff. But yeah you go ahead and get that spilled milk back in the carton.


they gave everone money and took it back in two days. then fixed it a day later. why not just give everyone back the error ISK? call it an apology for erring so often.

Crush them

Lost-Legion
#57 Posted: 2013.06.01 13:15
Jin Robot wrote:
Sounds like a government bail out, well if American corporations are not held accountable for their mismanagement why should video game players.

Also, thanks CCP, I will enjoy fighting against ill gottenk tanks and proto gear whenever I fight the scammers you have enabled. What this shows me is I should have been a scammer, I didnt so no massive stockpile for me. The good get punished instead. Great job....ya blew it.



Wait a damn minute now. How are you going to call them scammers? ISK was sitting on their accounts out of no where and you call them scammers for spending it? Yes obviously something was fishy if their was an abundance of cash on their account. Its on THEIR WALLET..so now they are scammers, greedy, and ungrateful? Come on now..we have to think logically here..you guys do remember this is a video game correct? I dont agree with people sitting on hundreds of millions of isk and having unlimited proto gear. And I say easy come easy go as far as the ISK goes..it was given to us for free..it can be taken away for free. They took it away and people had negative balances so they are trying to be generous and at least zeroing out their wallets. Would you lay off CCP's back already...you and the rest of you whiney "QQ" babies on these god forsaken, forums. God damn i swear you just called them "Scammers?" What in the hell is wrong with you? Its a video game..and free money landed in their lap..hell yea the average persons going to spend it. Those that dont read the forums..and shouldnt be forced to in order to refrain from being called "Scammers", didnt know their was an issue.

Tired of tanks? Invest in AV, ****..make them waste those "scammed" tanks.

I know this is New Eden and whatever, but thats what it is exactly, New Eden. "Adapt or Die". Quit your bitching and moaning and get your game on man..more tanks..more explosions..more ISK. Ill have my AV nades ready..tanks are a joke these days anyway cause people like you whined and cried about them "OMG! A tank killed me..it had armor and a big gun and im just a little clone reserve, no way it killed me!"...team work ladies and gentlemen..ruins a tankers day. Join a corp that uses it.



sorry to lay into ya..and ranting like that but damn dude..its a game..lets remember that please..."Scammers" for gods sake what a joke..and some ******* in here say they should be punished? Are you like a real Amarr or something? One of those guys that sit on Eve and do that stupid role play **** reciting fake scripture? lol. I repeat once more..its a video game..lets all be adults here and be patient little gamers and continue to play our game and have our fun and let CCP sort this out without having to get online and read this garbage.
BIG BAD W0LVES
#58 Posted: 2013.06.01 13:20
CCP Navigator wrote:
2-Ton Twenty-One wrote:
GM Grave wrote:
GM Grave wrote:
In the meantime we are working on a system to reclaim ISK from over-spending that will review player purchases and corp donation histories on a case by case basis in order to fairly correct each characters ISK wallet and assets as soon as possible.

While it may take some time to apply these changes we will contact affected users once we have rebalanced their ISK status to let them know that there should be no further adjustments.


Resetting characters to 0 ISK was a temporary fix that should allow players to play as normal during the our investigation, is it not the final step in resolving this issue.

Those who over-spent their unintended ISK on assets or who donated more than they could afford to their corporations will be investigated on a case by case basis and have their spending reversed. This means that we will be reclaiming assets and corporate donations including ISK spent by corporations where necessary.

[ Lead GM Grave | Project Lead | CCP Customer Relations | EVE Online | DUST 514 ]


That's a great plan. Waste 100's of hours of staff time when you could be building the game and doing QA with those staff. But yeah you go ahead and get that spilled milk back in the carton.


Customer Support staff do not build the game or do QA as those are handled by our development teams. Asking them to do so is the equivalent of asking an ambulance crew to put out a fire in a skyscraper

Customer Support will strive to ensure that the errors in player wallets are remedied as soon as possible.


are they forbidden to communicate with people who do build the game or do QA?

Crush them

Roaming Blades
#59 Posted: 2013.06.01 13:37
THEx4THxSEAL wrote:
There is no open market so how does fake money hurt the market?


If its fake money, why does it hurt you if its gone?
(Also, you forget that the fact that there isn't one now does not mean there'll never be one.)
Circle of Huskarl
Minmatar Republic
#60 Posted: 2013.06.01 15:03  |  Edited by: Jin Robot
Cpt Merdock wrote:
Jin Robot wrote:
Sounds like a government bail out, well if American corporations are not held accountable for their mismanagement why should video game players.

Also, thanks CCP, I will enjoy fighting against ill gottenk tanks and proto gear whenever I fight the scammers you have enabled. What this shows me is I should have been a scammer, I didnt so no massive stockpile for me. The good get punished instead. Great job....ya blew it.



Wait a damn minute now. How are you going to call them scammers? ISK was sitting on their accounts out of no where and you call them scammers for spending it? Yes obviously something was fishy if their was an abundance of cash on their account. Its on THEIR WALLET..so now they are scammers, greedy, and ungrateful? Come on now..we have to think logically here..you guys do remember this is a video game correct? I dont agree with people sitting on hundreds of millions of isk and having unlimited proto gear. And I say easy come easy go as far as the ISK goes..it was given to us for free..it can be taken away for free. They took it away and people had negative balances so they are trying to be generous and at least zeroing out their wallets. Would you lay off CCP's back already...you and the rest of you whiney "QQ" babies on these god forsaken, forums. God damn i swear you just called them "Scammers?" What in the hell is wrong with you? Its a video game..and free money landed in their lap..hell yea the average persons going to spend it. Those that dont read the forums..and shouldnt be forced to in order to refrain from being called "Scammers", didnt know their was an issue.

Tired of tanks? Invest in AV, ****..make them waste those "scammed" tanks.

I know this is New Eden and whatever, but thats what it is exactly, New Eden. "Adapt or Die". Quit your bitching and moaning and get your game on man..more tanks..more explosions..more ISK. Ill have my AV nades ready..tanks are a joke these days anyway cause people like you whined and cried about them "OMG! A tank killed me..it had armor and a big gun and im just a little clone reserve, no way it killed me!"...team work ladies and gentlemen..ruins a tankers day. Join a corp that uses it.



sorry to lay into ya..and ranting like that but damn dude..its a game..lets remember that please..."Scammers" for gods sake what a joke..and some ******* in here say they should be punished? Are you like a real Amarr or something? One of those guys that sit on Eve and do that stupid role play **** reciting fake scripture? lol. I repeat once more..its a video game..lets all be adults here and be patient little gamers and continue to play our game and have our fun and let CCP sort this out without having to get online and read this garbage.

Wow, you are right. I dont know what ever gave me the impression that video game players can try and exploit, abuse, and....dare i say it, Scam the system in trying for an advantage. There were people who took advantage of this. That is a fact. This fix was a get out of jail card in a world I thought had none of those. Even if people didnt intentionally "scam", their non-willingness to except their rush spending/donating and use free fits to recover is not much better, imo. This fix seems like a corruption of the vision, I am sorry i feel that way. I still have faith CCP can create a great game. I am sure this error will definitely not be easy to get through for them, but their fix has confused me about some core things.
5 PagesPrevious page12345Next page
Forum Jump