Topic is locked indefinitely.

3 PagesPrevious page123

Announcing DUST 514 Song Contest!

Jump to first DEV post
Author
C C P
C C P Alliance
#41 Posted: 2013.05.17 03:27  |  Edited by: CCP Frame
The winners are in! We had a blast listening to all the entries and you showed us that your creativity has no limits.

All entries were judged by their mix of creativity, lyrics, fun element and overall effort to make their song unique and reflect DUST 514 in best way possible.

So without further ado, the winners are:

1) Matars New Valklears by Vaerana Myshtana - While there is no actual music, the singing effort and lyrics completely surprised us in the most positive way!
2) One Universe by Ervan Turalyon - Both audio and video team definitely liked the energy behind the song which came out very catchy to all of us!
3) RAP 514 by VicBoss - Audio team really liked the fact that this pieces used in-game sounds to amplify the entire DUST 514 feeling in the song!

The top 3 will be contacted via their PSN email and prize distribution will be coordinated accordingly.

We did enjoy all entries, and with that here are some honorable mentions!

Voyage Into DUST by xxwhitedevilxx M
Faceless Soldier by Klivve Cussler
Electronica 514 by I-Shayz-I

Thank you so much for participating and having fun creating all these great pieces!

DUST 514's Team Earworm & Community
Bragian Order
Amarr Empire
#42 Posted: 2013.05.17 04:30
Awesome song contest winners. Loved the funny Rap song too. Yes, instrumentals are nice too but they are not really songs (song by definition has lyrics) :)

Great job Earworm & Community!
Villore Sec Ops
Gallente Federation
#43 Posted: 2013.05.17 12:19
Woot!

Congratulations to everybody!
Wake N' Bake Inc
Top Men.
#44 Posted: 2013.05.17 12:52
Aoena Rays wrote:
Awesome song contest winners. Loved the funny Rap song too. Yes, instrumentals are nice too but they are not really songs (song by definition has lyrics) :)

I do believe you mean it is set to a "melody" How do you explain concert band music?

General John Ripper is my 2nd best friend!

Seykal Expeditionary Group
Minmatar Republic
#45 Posted: 2013.05.17 14:59
Lynn Beck wrote:
Aoena Rays wrote:

I do believe you mean it is set to a "melody" How do you explain concert band music?

I think you're asking whether concert band pieces are songs? They're not. (Well, a few are.) If it's not sung, it's not a song. "Instrumental" is a very common term to describe music that has no singing, and would encompass nearly all concert band music.
Vherokior Combat Logistics
Minmatar Republic
#46 Posted: 2013.05.18 02:07
Good choices CCP.

Excellent music from the contestants.
S.e.V.e.N.
General Tso's Alliance
#47 Posted: 2013.05.18 05:47
congrats to the winners! Enjoy your well earned rewards!
Rave Technologies Inc.
C0VEN
#48 Posted: 2013.05.20 02:42  |  Edited by: Dark Rust
Vaerana Myshtana - Your work is really epic. My first thought was the mood of "Sharpe's Rifles", Sharpe series theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ-IWfkN1w (from 0:36), the good old folk n' war, with a little of old sailors songs too. Someone should make a video with Your song. Great work!
Turalyon 514
Turalyon Alliance
#49 Posted: 2013.06.24 19:09
Yet to receive my prizes :( I have emailed CCP Frame twice now and had no response.

Any idea when I might get them?

Thanks,
Ervan.
Militaires-Sans-Frontieres
#50 Posted: 2013.06.24 23:19
Ervan Turalyon wrote:
Yet to receive my prizes :( I have emailed CCP Frame twice now and had no response.

Any idea when I might get them?

Thanks,
Ervan.

Same i also sent a support ticket for confirmation of recieving the email w the info.

> "It aint no petting zoo out there! Peeps be getting deep sixed!"

-Daxter

Rave Technologies Inc.
C0VEN
#51 Posted: 2013.07.05 00:15  |  Edited by: Dark Rust
Pirate
3 PagesPrevious page123