5 Pages123Next pageLast page

Dev Blog: Skill System Changes in Uprising Update

Jump to first DEV post
Author
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 Posted: 2013.04.18 01:33  |  Edited by: CCP Frame
The DUST 514 Journey Continues!

We have learned a great deal throughout last year, both from the perspective of what works and what does not with regards to the progression system itself and more importantly how you are using the items to advance through the game. This is all thanks to the terrific amount of player feedback we've received during the beta period. -CCP Praetorian

Brand new Skill System Changes dev blog by CCP Praetorian is now live right here - on our website. Feel free to post your comments and feedback right here in this thread!
Brutor Vanguard
Minmatar Republic
#2 Posted: 2013.04.18 01:39  |  Edited by: Logi Bro
YES!

EDIT: Nvm, I've already seen all of this.

H

M

G

The Southern Legion
#3 Posted: 2013.04.18 01:41
Awesome, can't wait
Commando Perkone
Caldari State
#4 Posted: 2013.04.18 02:51
Does this include Officer drops/salvage ?

For 21 day EveOnline trial https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=0f1324bf-679c-420a-b7ed-c181423c1369&action=buddy

The Solecism of Limitation
#5 Posted: 2013.04.18 02:53
Question. Are you going to be removing ALL items from our inventories? if so, (How) will you compensate us for lost Live Event prizes/officer gear?

The ideal situation, IMO, would be to allow us to sell items back to an NPC market at cost for a week, some time down the road. Alternately, opening player trading would be a good start as well.
Namtar Elite
Gallente Federation
#6 Posted: 2013.04.18 03:51
The last time i heard "simpler, deeper, more powerful" - Bioware delivered Dragon Age II.

Brrrrrr...
ck.0
#7 Posted: 2013.04.18 04:06
Orin the Freak wrote:
Question. Are you going to be removing ALL items from our inventories? if so, (How) will you compensate us for lost Live Event prizes/officer gear?

The ideal situation, IMO, would be to allow us to sell items back to an NPC market at cost for a week, some time down the road. Alternately, opening player trading would be a good start as well.

"We will be publishing a dev blog in the future which will explain in detail all changes related to equipment, skills and currency." -CCP Frame

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/dust514/comments/1ckz34/dust_514_developer_ama/c9hi3wd

ck.0

Imperfects
Negative-Feedback
#8 Posted: 2013.04.18 04:29
Seriously? This is the dev blog yall have been promising since last week (if not longer)? Yall really couldnt get this out by last Friday?

Dev Blog wrote:
We have learned a great deal throughout last year, both from the perspective of what works and what does not with regards to the progression system itself and more importantly how you are using the items to advance through the game.

Im glad yall were able to learn so much about that in such a short timeframe (lol), but yall need to rapidly learn that this carrot in front of the horse routine is gonna get old real doggone quick. If yall dont have any information to put out that has actual substance then yall need to just sit quietly in your offices until something comes up. I know yall are working hard on updates and new content, but spending so much time trying to figure out how to dangle a rotted carrot in front of an already dead horse isnt helping you or us.

Stuff....?

BurgezzE.T.F
#9 Posted: 2013.04.18 04:36
Emi Love wrote:
Awesome, can't wait

same

I'm a Elite heavy "I don't rage.I get even"

Krieg is a beast

Ostrakon Agency
Gallente Federation
#10 Posted: 2013.04.18 04:59
"Deb blog" wrote:
... and a full list of in-game items for the Uprising update.

List of items? What about their stats?

The first Merc Cast promised list of item stats
OSG Planetary Operations
Covert Intervention
#11 Posted: 2013.04.18 05:10
hydraSlav's wrote:
"Deb blog" wrote:
... and a full list of in-game items for the Uprising update.

List of items? What about their stats?

The first Merc Cast promised list of item stats

Might include the item(s) and their stats.
Otherworld Enterprises Dust Control
Otherworld Empire Productions
#12 Posted: 2013.04.18 05:58
Well this will be interesting to see where it heads and like regular new eden patches it can be a win/loss scenario wether or not to buy like lots of boosters now or wait and hope the price drops...
The Unholy Legion Of DarkStar
DARKSTAR ARMY
#13 Posted: 2013.04.18 11:29
Ooh can't wait for it! Everything seems to be so promising really! Kitten zee haterz!
The Rainbow Effect
#14 Posted: 2013.04.18 11:34
Oh wow is it just my impression that the same thing had beeing posted on the PS blog? i was expecting a FULL LIST with new items and skill requirement changes. But not just generalised stuff that we where allready aible to see like 2-3 days ago. Blatant case of copy and paste. Sure youve put some additional lines into it but thats not really helping. On eve for a example you announce months before changes to ships, skills and other stuff but on Dust we see it like 2-3 days before something changes. I would like to know how much SP i need to spend for a certain role BEFORE the changes are going to get implemented. And the soon is not a proper answer i would at least name a date when you give us new informations cause "soon" can be from tomorrow till may the 5th. In the mean time we are all remaining in the dark mist of speculations.

Head of public relations from The Rainbow Effect.

Tech guard
RISE of LEGION
#15 Posted: 2013.04.18 11:35
Btw, if we choose to follow another route for suits and skill up in another race, and instead of choosing ADV or PRO caldari assault suits i go for gallente, what can i do to those suits i already have in assets? Will i be able to sell them, trade? And recoup the isk i lost buying them in the first place. Im sorry if by asking this demonstrates my lack of knowledge but it really is bothering me. This and also for example, if there will be a comparable Raven suit in the other races, or aurum BPO suits. I do love my Raven, but if my skills are going to respec into another race, and the aurum items are going to be refunded is it logical to ask that there will be an alternative?
KILL-EM-QUICK
RISE of LEGION
#16 Posted: 2013.04.18 12:08
............................................______ __
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`.....} ............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_......... .._,-%.......`

Meh, F2P Lobby Shooter BattleDuty 514

Working as intended.

Tech guard
RISE of LEGION
#17 Posted: 2013.04.18 12:36  |  Edited by: KatanaPT
BMSTUBBY wrote:
............................................______ __
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`.....} ............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_......... .._,-%.......`

lol altough i do love Jean Luc, a simple yes or no would suffice :P, and i know they will post a dev blog soon on this, but asking is nice and always permited, right?
Krullefor Organization
Minmatar Republic
#18 Posted: 2013.04.18 12:37  |  Edited by: Eleanore de Blank
Orin the Freak wrote:

This is very important question. I think noone would like to loose all those "special" items, that can not be bought back in marketplace after reset.
NECROM0NGERS
Caps and Mercs
#19 Posted: 2013.04.18 12:57
Hmm, pretty awesome Bear
Imperfects
Negative-Feedback
#20 Posted: 2013.04.18 13:07
LOL I new better than to get my hopes up. I saw the dev post about this when it was found on the PSN blog and they stated the one they gave us here would have more info. NOT as if.... Its pretty sad to promise something you know you wont deliver.
5 Pages123Next pageLast page