General Discussions

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

 

The Current State of Dust 514

Author
Onslaught Inc
#1 Posted: 2013.02.19 17:31  |  Edited by: ISD Suvetar
I have been a beta tester for almost a year now and I have been playing this game, welp almost everyday. In this past one year this game has come a long way. A lot of good has happened but a lot of bad has happened too!

One of the things I want to talk about is CCPs approach to overnerfing. While this may work in the Eve world, it does not leave a very good taste in the Dust world. For example;- the variants of the AR are absolutely useless. Why have these weapons in the market when they are of no use whatsoever. Another example is the Militia AR. It is OP as hell. It is the most accurate and powerful weapon this game has to offer. Why should we even bother skilling into proto ARs when all you need is a militia AR. FPS shooter games is all about the smoothness of the game which includes straffing. The straffing speed should be increased and based on the type of suit you run. Unfortunately to fix the bug of the hit detection CCP reduced the straffing speed which was more of a band aid than a fix.

And talking about band aids;- most of the fixes CCP has brought in so far are band aids. While it helps elliviate one problem it creates 2 other problems in the end. So what has been happening here is that for every one step CCP takes forward, it has been taking 2 steps back. For example;- just because a couple of cry babies were getting squished you brught about a 100% environmental damage to dropships when this could have been addressed by either reducing the dropship environmental damage to 50% or getting those cry babies to use AV grenades. Heck I have taken out dropships with AV grenades and MDs when they were flying low.

We still dont have a clue where Dust is headed. All we have is CCP fanboyism saying "its a beta" or "Soon™". Where are we headed with Dust? What are CCP's milestones with Dust (if any)? I raised the topic about how communication was bad between CCP and the gamers and we still see that it is getting worse instead of improving. I cant figure out why in todays patch CCP decided to change the squad mechanics when there are loads of other problems that need to be fixed.

Can we please get the Dust milestones and some better communication from CCP? Y'all have come a long way but can we please get the basics fixed?

Edit: Snipped troll bait - ISD Suvetar
Imperfects
Negative-Feedback
#2 Posted: 2013.02.19 17:42
Well first I have seen you say before that the militia AR has the best accuracy.....but are you sure thats correct? I think accuracy goes up as you go higher into the AR tier. However I agree with your notes on the other ARs being mostly useless. Straffing speed should be increased just because people are bad at tracking doesnt mean you should nerf speed. Wheres the HTFU regarding straffing speed? It would be nice to hear more from CCP regarding when things are going to be coming.

BTW I dont agree with your criteria to be over 3 mill by now...in order to do that you would HAVE to have a booster. Or literally no life the 1000 SP per match limit.

Hateful Munitions
#3 Posted: 2013.02.19 17:45
Sentient Archon wrote:
A few things before I start on this topic;-

  • This is not a rant or QQ thread!

  • If your KD less than 5;- STFU!

  • If your SP is less than 3 million;- STFU!

  • If your WPs is less than 500000;- STFU

  • I have been a beta tester for almost a year now and I have been playing this game, welp almost everyday. In this past one year this game has come a long way. A lot of good has happened but a lot of bad has happened too!

    One of the things I want to talk about is CCPs approach to overnerfing. While this may work in the Eve world, it does not leave a very good taste in the Dust world. For example;- the variants of the AR are absolutely useless. Why have these weapons in the market when they are of no use whatsoever. Another example is the Militia AR. It is OP as hell. It is the most accurate and powerful weapon this game has to offer. Why should we even bother skilling into proto ARs when all you need is a militia AR. FPS shooter games is all about the smoothness of the game which includes straffing. The straffing speed should be increased and based on the type of suit you run. Unfortunately to fix the bug of the hit detection CCP reduced the straffing speed which was more of a band aid than a fix.

    And talking about band aids;- most of the fixes CCP has brought in so far are band aids. While it helps elliviate one problem it creates 2 other problems in the end. So what has been happening here is that for every one step CCP takes forward, it has been taking 2 steps back. For example;- just because a couple of cry babies were getting squished you brught about a 100% environmental damage to dropships when this could have been addressed by either reducing the dropship environmental damage to 50% or getting those cry babies to use AV grenades. Heck I have taken out dropships with AV grenades and MDs when they were flying low.

    We still dont have a clue where Dust is headed. All we have is CCP fanboyism saying "its a beta" or "Soon™". Where are we headed with Dust? What are CCP's milestones with Dust (if any)? I raised the topic about how communication was bad between CCP and the gamers and we still see that it is getting worse instead of improving. I cant figure out why in todays patch CCP decided to change the squad mechanics when there are loads of other problems that need to be fixed.

    Can we please get the Dust milestones and some better communication from CCP? Y'all have come a long way but can we please get the basics fixed?

    For the trollers who are going to troll this post;- go **** yourselve's!
    For the HTFU preachers;- fo **** yourselve's too!
    For the "its a beta" sayers;- go **** yourselve's too!
    For the "Can i haz your stuff" beggars;- go **** yourselve's too! I aint quitting this game.



    Signed
    Red Star.
    #4 Posted: 2013.02.19 17:46  |  Edited by: ISD Suvetar
    lol everytime i have seen OP he climbs the highest mountain and snipes

    CCP Rattati - "One giant vehicle nerf with more power to AV", you have got to be kidding...''

    Onslaught Inc
    #5 Posted: 2013.02.19 17:50
    semperfi1999 wrote:
    Well first I have seen you say before that the militia AR has the best accuracy.....but are you sure thats correct?


    Yes. The Militia AR is broke. The stats what it says on the info screen is not what is puts out. I have been taking out infantry in 5 shots or less. There are numerous posts of how that stats dont match the info.
    Onslaught Inc
    #6 Posted: 2013.02.19 17:52  |  Edited by: ISD Suvetar
    Takahiro Kashuken wrote:

    lol everytime i have seen OP he climbs the highest mountain and snipes


    You havent seen me enough then. Talk to all the corps that we have beaten in Corp Battles. They will tell you how I play. Whether I snipe or use the laser rifle or use the MD or use the AR or just melee the crap out you, I can **** you up in more ways than one.
    Onslaught Inc
    #7 Posted: 2013.02.19 17:53
    semperfi1999 wrote:
    BTW I dont agree with your criteria to be over 3 mill by now...in order to do that you would HAVE to have a booster. Or literally no life the 1000 SP per match limit.



    Agreed. Too many trolls in the forum. No disrespect intended.
    Red Star.
    #8 Posted: 2013.02.19 18:39
    semperfi1999 wrote:
    Well first I have seen you say before that the militia AR has the best accuracy.....but are you sure thats correct? I think accuracy goes up as you go higher into the AR tier. However I agree with your notes on the other ARs being mostly useless. Straffing speed should be increased just because people are bad at tracking doesnt mean you should nerf speed. Wheres the HTFU regarding straffing speed? It would be nice to hear more from CCP regarding when things are going to be coming.

    BTW I dont agree with your criteria to be over 3 mill by now...in order to do that you would HAVE to have a booster. Or literally no life the 1000 SP per match limit.



    There is were u are wrong. with my alt and main i have total of almost 4 million isk. (made a second because of the daily cap now in kinda screwed because of weekly cap.) Had to cap to dudes now with full time job/kids/wife. But im close enough every week.
    Red Star.
    #9 Posted: 2013.02.19 18:39
    YourDeadAgain76 wrote:
    semperfi1999 wrote:
    Well first I have seen you say before that the militia AR has the best accuracy.....but are you sure thats correct? I think accuracy goes up as you go higher into the AR tier. However I agree with your notes on the other ARs being mostly useless. Straffing speed should be increased just because people are bad at tracking doesnt mean you should nerf speed. Wheres the HTFU regarding straffing speed? It would be nice to hear more from CCP regarding when things are going to be coming.

    BTW I dont agree with your criteria to be over 3 mill by now...in order to do that you would HAVE to have a booster. Or literally no life the 1000 SP per match limit.



    There is were u are wrong. with my alt and main i have total of almost 4 million isk. (made a second because of the daily cap now in kinda screwed because of weekly cap.) Had to cap to dudes now with full time job/kids/wife. But im close enough every week.


    Oops ment 4 million SP not isk.
    Crux Special Tasks Group
    Gallente Federation
    #10 Posted: 2013.02.19 18:43  |  Edited by: ISD Suvetar
    Sentient Archon wrote:
    Takahiro Kashuken wrote:


    lol everytime i have seen OP he climbs the highest mountain and snipes


    You havent seen me enough then. Talk to all the corps that we have beaten in Corp Battles. They will tell you how I play. Whether I snipe or use the laser rifle or use the MD or use the AR or just melee the crap out you, I can **** you up in more ways than one.


    While I get what your saying. Im no big fan of the CCPs nerfgasms. That being said, whats with the anger and the attitude, can't you just state you legitimate issues without beginning and ending on a troll?

    "We spent so much time huddling inside buildings with tanks circling outside like a swarm of sharks around bait"

    Onslaught Inc
    #11 Posted: 2013.02.19 18:52
    iceyburnz wrote:

    While I get what your saying. Im no big fan of the CCPs nerfgasms. That being said, whats with the anger and the attitude, can't you just state you problems without beginning and ending on a troll?


    No anger out here. Attitude yes. Especially when I know when I try to put up a geniune post and people troll the **** out of it. Its not with me, its with almost everyone who tries to put up a post that says something meaningful.

    There are only 3 things the trollers over here know how to say;- HTFU, Soon™ and Its a Beta. Its more annoying when you spend so much time thinking about a post and spend the same amount of time typing it for some jackass to say those 3 phrases. Its just human nature. Jackasses love a cabbage field.

    That is the reason why I put up bullet points 2-4. Someone with 3 million SP with boosters or 2.x million SP with boosters has played enough games to know what I am talking about. Someone with 500000 war points will know the intracies involved in getting them and what needs to be done about it. They have not only gained the experience in terms of SP but also have gained the expeirence in playing as a team.

    The KD above 5 is not only about killing the enemy but also about survivability. Anybody who has that much KD is either a tanker, a sniper or one heck of a team player. These are the kind of people that understand what goes into this game.

    Not some dumbass troll that goes HTFU or a moron who picks one aspect of the topic and makes it personal.
    Crux Special Tasks Group
    Gallente Federation
    #12 Posted: 2013.02.19 19:08
    Back to you orginal post, if I may.

    I think the issue here is that there is a gross disparity between eve dev communication and dust dev communication (or lack thereof).

    Eve seems to get a dev blog every other day. All we get is the welcome forum presence from the 'Fiction Guy' (never stop posting). Even with this you do tend to get the strong impression that hes heavily restricted on what he can and can't say, or at least the corporate machine that allows information to flow is slow at best.

    Perhaps its because they are saving all the juicy "for the future" stuff for fanfest.

    Who knows.

    I was always under the impression CCP was nerfing stuff in tandem with the player environment. They had to flatten everything due to the limited amount of battle options and that essentially every player, regardless of skill level, is stuck together, so they've had to artificially alter the playing field. I hope this anyway. Maybe infuture they'll put the suits and guns back to thier orginal progressive concept and allow for damage types and resists as was orginally mentioned way back when dust was first announced.

    "We spent so much time huddling inside buildings with tanks circling outside like a swarm of sharks around bait"

    Onslaught Inc
    #13 Posted: 2013.02.19 19:15
    Agreed. But would it be too much for CCP to just say something simple as this;- "Hey Fellow Gamers! We have some juicy stuff planned which will be revealed during our Fanfest! Stay tuned."

    I mean common! How hard is that? They might get a few questions about whats going on but atleast we know to expect something during the fanfest.
    ISD Community Communications Liaisons
    #14 Posted: 2013.02.20 00:10
    Hi Folks,

    I've removed a couple of overly trolly posts and general unfriendliness.

    Dust is new and therefore it's an emotive subject, but please try not to start threads that are discriminating against a set of users, it's against the spirit of the forums and what we hope to achieve in open beta and it attracts trolls!

    Please keep up the debate constructively, thanks!
    Eternal Beings
    #15 Posted: 2013.02.20 00:14
    I have all the answers here.

    But, honestly, the state of the beta is shambles imo. Going Open was way too early - even if it was refreshing for us closed testers.

    CCP should be keeping us up to date better. I hope one day they will.

    /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ I watch anime for the plot

    Condotta Rouvenor
    Gallente Federation
    #16 Posted: 2013.02.20 00:20
    Takahiro Kashuken wrote:
    lol everytime i have seen OP he climbs the highest mountain and snipes


    What has this got to do about the price of tea in China?!?!?!?!?! OMG I just became a Tr0llPirate
    Condotta Rouvenor
    Gallente Federation
    #17 Posted: 2013.02.20 00:33
    iceyburnz wrote:
    Back to you orginal post, if I may.

    I think the issue here is that there is a gross disparity between eve dev communication and dust dev communication (or lack thereof).

    Eve seems to get a dev blog every other day. All we get is the welcome forum presence from the 'Fiction Guy' (never stop posting). Even with this you do tend to get the strong impression that hes heavily restricted on what he can and can't say, or at least the corporate machine that allows information to flow is slow at best.

    Perhaps its because they are saving all the juicy "for the future" stuff for fanfest.

    Who knows.

    I was always under the impression CCP was nerfing stuff in tandem with the player environment. They had to flatten everything due to the limited amount of battle options and that essentially every player, regardless of skill level, is stuck together, so they've had to artificially alter the playing field. I hope this anyway. Maybe infuture they'll put the suits and guns back to thier orginal progressive concept and allow for damage types and resists as was orginally mentioned way back when dust was first announced.

    I would MUCH rather have CCP fixing in game issues, such as disappearing or sinking NANOHIVEs after deploying them, Being stuck in terrain, Not able to access fits in game after being dragged into an active battle while purchasing items in the store, Reproducible 100% of the time, Fixing collision, fixing hit registration, Giving Ritalin to most of the play... OPPS they cant do that, Anyways before CCP nerfs one more GD thing.
    Just my 2¢
    Ahrendee Mercenaries
    #18 Posted: 2013.02.20 02:39
    Theres always gonna be problems just like any other game, But I'm sure ccp will fix the Militia Assault Rifle Idk when but they will, People don't know how hard it is to do something involving code and stuff, its not as simple as oh well they should just reduce accuracy on this gun or whatever, It takes time. Let them do there jobs.

    If you run cloak and shotgun, you're a scrub

    Don't brick tank that scout, come on, get good.

    Proud member of RND

    ck.0
    #19 Posted: 2013.02.20 02:47
    This ain't your EVE online though. This is PS3 game that can't be patched (not hotfixed) whenever dev wants since it has to go through all the process with sony first. EVE can patch whatever it wants whenever it wants without any process at all. You just have to wait and see the next build, whenever it happens. And for "upcoming info" - read press articles like on G4, listen to CAST 514 and they will prolly post new dev blogs before the new build anyway. And DUST team seems to be FAR smaller than EVE team. I'd just leave them making new build as best they can instead of making threads saying "we don't know what's coming plz share" and then have expectations too high if some things get removed in the meantime :D

    ck.0

    Forum Jump