^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

2 PagesPrevious page12

Project Nova: Ongoing Updates - May 20th - June 2nd

Author
ROGUE RELICS
#21 Posted: 2017.06.15 00:14
LOL KILLZ wrote:
I'm much more optimistic these days about Nova.
Still salty AF Dust got shutdown so eagerly but oh well.

IDK man.... that game Anthem stole my attention for real. Lobby shooters are everywhere, so if Nova is going to end up a glorified lobby shooter, I may have trouble sticking after I unlock the stuff I want.

I like a level of persistence in my games. That's why I like the Mass Effect trilogy and Eve Online. I like know and seeing and hearing about the repercussions of past choices I made, and having to deal with them.
OSG Planetary Operations
#22 Posted: 2017.06.15 03:47
DeathwindRising wrote:
LOL KILLZ wrote:

IDK man.... that game Anthem stole my attention for real. Lobby shooters are everywhere, so if Nova is going to end up a glorified lobby shooter, I may have trouble sticking after I unlock the stuff I want.

I like a level of persistence in my games. That's why I like the Mass Effect trilogy and Eve Online. I like know and seeing and hearing about the repercussions of past choices I made, and having to deal with them.

Anthems press briefing reminded me so much of Destiny's hype train I literally cringed.
#23 Posted: 2017.06.15 13:15
Pokey Dravon wrote:
Anthems press briefing reminded me so much of Destiny's hype train I literally cringed.

At least that hype train actually went somewhere.
OSG Planetary Operations
#24 Posted: 2017.06.15 13:31
DUST Fiend wrote:
Pokey Dravon wrote:

Directly into the ground?
#25 Posted: 2017.06.15 14:01  |  Edited by: Moorian Flav
I think DUST Fiend meant {holding back vomit} Destiny still has one game in circulation with another one inbound (even though there are a lot of haters of the game). Meanwhile, we are still waiting on any media for Nova and it seems almost a certainty we will not see Nova until at least some time in 2018.
*EDIT: From a dev standpoint, it does make sense to keep one title going while another title is being made where you still have money coming in until the next title is released. I know CCP only has a handful of released titles though so hopefully Nova is a learning experience in multiple ways.

I don't troll; I tell the truth.

I'm also known as "The ANTI-Propaganda Machine".

#26 Posted: 2017.06.15 16:20  |  Edited by: DUST Fiend
Pokey Dravon wrote:
DUST Fiend wrote:
Pokey Dravon wrote:

Directly into the ground?

Im not sure the current numbers but last year it had 30 million registered players with 100+ hours played, so if that's into the ground then sure. Not to mention a fairly sick looking sequel with a lot of attention to community feedback. The first game ended up pushing me away because you had to be really social to take part in the end game, and I don't play games to socialize, so I dropped it.

I still thought it was the most adorable thing when CCP added in daily missions as a direct rip off of Destiny's daily missions, it was truly adorable.
#27 Posted: 2017.06.15 18:07
DUST Fiend wrote:
I still thought it was the most adorable thing when CCP added in daily missions as a direct rip off of Destiny's daily missions, it was truly adorable.

Pokey and I think even Rattati admitted there is no reason to not reuse good ideas. It seems everyone in tech does it. Only Facebook though can straight rip off an entire idea copying basically 1 to 1 without catching any flack for it. At the end of the day, many still call those at FaceBook geniuses.
BTW, I sincerely doubt Destiny was the first game daily missions was in. In any case, Battlefield 1 even has daily bonuses now.

I don't troll; I tell the truth.

I'm also known as "The ANTI-Propaganda Machine".

OSG Planetary Operations
#28 Posted: 2017.06.15 21:32
Moorian Flav wrote:
DUST Fiend wrote:

Pokey and I think even Rattati admitted there is no reason to not reuse good ideas. It seems everyone in tech does it. Only Facebook though can straight rip off an entire idea copying basically 1 to 1 without catching any flack for it. At the end of the day, many still call those at FaceBook geniuses.
BTW, I sincerely doubt Destiny was the first game daily missions was in. In any case, Battlefield 1 even has daily bonuses now.

Originality is overused.
Klandatu
#29 Posted: 2017.06.16 02:34
DeathwindRising wrote:
LOL KILLZ wrote:

Anthem looks great. Its on ps4. Hmmmnnnn.

Add 16bittervets vs 16 toxic newbs.

Some glitches and exploits.

And you got yourself a deal.
D3ATH CARD
RUST415
#30 Posted: 2017.06.18 19:12
Pokey Dravon wrote:
Rattati may be back in his cave for a little while, but he has dropped some new tidbits of information. Check it out and don't forget to give feedback on these ideas!

http://biomassed.net/2017/06/09/project-nova-ongoing-updates-may-20th-june-2nd/

☝☝☝ this is why i fuks with Pokey! Biomassed corp lol

( F U!!!! ) * ( Why Dead? )

, (メ`ロ´)•︻デ═一X - - - - \(º □ º l|l)/

2 PagesPrevious page12