General Discussions

 
^ Back to top
 

Theory Workshop – Project Nova – Dropsuit Progression

Jump to first DEV post
Author
ROGUE RELICS
#101 Posted: 2017.06.02 03:10
DUST Fiend wrote:
DeathwindRising wrote:
these are humans and humans interact with corporations more than empires.

Wait.....what?

I didn't know humans could respawn Roll


"CCP Rattati
What are your favorite NPC corporations and why? We are exploring a new way to approach player classes. less focus on empires, and more on the fact that these are humans and humans interact with corporations more than empires. We are also not interested in making ‘4 of each’ anymore."

[url]http://biomassed.net/2017/05/20/project-nova-what-we-know-so-far/[/url]

Why you saying I said something I never actually said?
OSG Planetary Operations
#102 Posted: 2017.06.02 03:16  |  Edited by: Pokey Dravon
DeathwindRising wrote:
Pokey Dravon wrote:
Vanguard is the new name for Commando.
I just said Frontline instead of Assault to avoid confusion.

As for the rest, I've explained this a few different ways but it seems none of them are really clicking with you, and for that I apologize. Perhaps someone else will have better luck, cause I'm not really sure how else to explain it.


I'm trying to get clarification.

Amarr Ship Tree

This picture illustrates my expectation for Nova.

Ship "Classes" break down into specialized ships, each of which developed by a corp that is a member of its race and based off a base line ship.

Will Nova follow this structure or not?






From my understanding, no.

This is my understanding of how it will look (forgive the half assed flow chart)
Remember that I am obviously not a developer and everything I know is available on Biomassed.net, so there is a degree of speculation on my part, so take it with a grain of salt.

http://biomassed.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Rough-Class-Progression-Page-1.png

Also I'm trying to get clarification about the "one faction for each class" thing. It's been implied to be that way but I will try to get a definitive confirmation one way or another.
#103 Posted: 2017.06.02 03:44
DeathwindRising wrote:
DUST Fiend wrote:
DeathwindRising wrote:
these are humans and humans interact with corporations more than empires.

Wait.....what?

I didn't know humans could respawn Roll


"CCP Rattati
What are your favorite NPC corporations and why? We are exploring a new way to approach player classes. less focus on empires, and more on the fact that these are humans and humans interact with corporations more than empires. We are also not interested in making ‘4 of each’ anymore."

[url]http://biomassed.net/2017/05/20/project-nova-what-we-know-so-far/[/url]

Why you saying I said something I never actually said?

Oops my bad, I didn't mean to imply you said it. Messed up the quotes. I need sleep not forums lol o7
ROGUE RELICS
#104 Posted: 2017.06.02 09:04  |  Edited by: DeathwindRising
Pokey Dravon wrote:
DeathwindRising wrote:
Pokey Dravon wrote:
Vanguard is the new name for Commando.
I just said Frontline instead of Assault to avoid confusion.

As for the rest, I've explained this a few different ways but it seems none of them are really clicking with you, and for that I apologize. Perhaps someone else will have better luck, cause I'm not really sure how else to explain it.


I'm trying to get clarification.

Amarr Ship Tree

This picture illustrates my expectation for Nova.

Ship "Classes" break down into specialized ships, each of which developed by a corp that is a member of its race and based off a base line ship.

Will Nova follow this structure or not?






From my understanding, no.

This is my understanding of how it will look (forgive the half assed flow chart)
Remember that I am obviously not a developer and everything I know is available on Biomassed.net, so there is a degree of speculation on my part, so take it with a grain of salt.

http://biomassed.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Rough-Class-Progression-Page-1.png

Also I'm trying to get clarification about the "one faction for each class" thing. It's been implied to be that way but I will try to get a definitive confirmation one way or another.


Well I see it as a problem if they don't. It's not really giving us a full range of options if we can only pick minmatar assault dropsuits. What happens when we want an armor based close range assault suit? I can't choose a gallente Corp designed assault suit?

I was hoping that overall "class" progression followed like in the flow chart, but also that each "class" is actually a category containing different base drop suits. What would be good is that it's totally capable of allowing new corps to be added to each "class"

The problem is how ccp said they don't want 4 of everything. If they followed the approach of multiple corps within each "class", then we'd get something like 8 caldari mega corps. 4 of which were ever represented in game for eve online. A ton of corps would be available for each race as corp product lines.

Instead of 4 empire/racial variants of a particular dropsuit, we could potentially see something over 30 different Corp based variants of the same "class".

A LOT more work but it provides a future wealth of potential content as more and more corps could added to the game. For example, caldari 4 major corps out of their 8 megacorps, are Kaalakiota, Ishikune, lai dai, wiyrkomi.

But a quick look at this more complete listing of caldari corps shows just how many corps there really are to pontentially create content for.

Caldari NPC Corps
#105 Posted: 2017.06.02 09:23  |  Edited by: Grimmiers
I'm not really a fan of being forced to play other classes to unlock gear you want, but the idea will work much better for new players.

One thing I hope for is the ability to manufacture gear that you can use without training a separate class. The resources required should be shared between eve and nova creating a real infantry market. Even npc corps should have a limited stock available on the market and allow players to sell unused resources to npc's to help them produce things.

Npc corps will even use blueprints sold to them. They'll use the blueprint in the most efficient way creating the most gear per blueprint, but the item will be on the market for anyone to buy. This will make player corporations a lot more meaningful if, for instance, corp members with the same manufacture skill trained will boost production and have control over who gets what. In the end game, players would desire player corp markets and create a more interesting corp battle motive, wherein dust you just sold excess clones.
Solo Zen
#106 Posted: 2017.06.02 09:46
Grimmiers wrote:
I'm not really a fan of being forced to play other classes to unlock gear you want, but the idea will work much better for new players.


The fact that a skill tree is considered "too hard" for new players is frightening to me. What? Is this generation a bunch of bumbling buffoons? I can't tell you how many games with a skill tree that I played when I was a kid, and we all thought they were awesome. It is the RPG way, and it allows a strong level of self determination in character development.

I felt personal reward from learning and mastering the skill tree. It required some degree of planning and cultivated a sense of identity with my character.

In Dust, I often skipped using gear until I saved up enough SP to buy level 5 and reaped the benefits of the bonuses. In Nova characters will be subjected to developing the same skill bonuses over and over as they move through different classes in an attempt to unlock new modules. Oh boy Roll
Obscure Reference
#107 Posted: 2017.06.02 09:53
Grimmiers wrote:
I'm not really a fan of being forced to play other classes to unlock gear you want, but the idea will work much better for new players.

One thing I hope for is the ability to manufacture gear that you can use without training a separate class. The resources required should be shared between eve and nova creating a real infantry market. Even npc corps should have a limited stock available on the market and allow players to sell unused resources to npc's to help them produce things.

Npc corps will even use blueprints sold to them. They'll use the blueprint in the most efficient way creating the most gear per blueprint, but the item will be on the market for anyone to buy. This will make player corporations a lot more meaningful if, for instance, corp members with the same manufacture skill trained will boost production and have control over who gets what. In the end game, players would desire player corp markets and create a more interesting corp battle motive, wherein dust you just sold excess clones.


Most of your gear will be BPOs, with consumable per match firmware

So there won't be an EVE style market for standard gear, hopefully for shiny consumable loot though
Bacon with a bottle of Quafe
#108 Posted: 2017.06.02 09:53
Pokey Dravon wrote:
Joel II X wrote:

Oh, psh yeah. No doubt it. I just thought CCP wanted to level the playing field by getting rid of tiers in favor of racial bonuses only. I thought the difference from a T1 to a T2 suit would be going to a more specialized suit by it both greater strength and weakness (as in going from 300 shields / 200 armor to 400/100, etc). Same amount of 'tokens', but placed in different locations.

Last question: in your article, did you mean that T1 suits will have T1 bonuses, and T2 will have both T1 and T2 bonuses?

Thanks.


Well the playing field hasn't been completely leveled, but the difference has been reduced significantly. Remember, you're not unlocking new suits, you're taking the base one you have and layering on new bonuses. So your T1 simply turns into your T2, it's not like you'll have a T1 suit sitting in your closet and then a T2 of the same suit sitting next to it.

So yes, each suit has all of the benefits that come before it (T2 has T2 + T1 bonuses). So there is power increase there which was similar in Dust.

However unlike Dust, the slots, hp, resources, ect. Are the same regardless of tech level. Also there are not tiers of weapons, modules, ect. So that's going to be a huge difference in closing that gap.

Ahhhhh! Okay, okay. I get it now.

I think this is a pretty cool little thing, if the bonuses are balanced well enough.

Still though, not being able to edit them until T2 is a huge bummer for me. I hope they change their mind on this one before any sort of release.

Scouts United

Gk.0s & Quafes all day.

Dead Man's Game
Preatoriani
#109 Posted: 2017.06.02 11:47  |  Edited by: Thaddeus Reynolds
One option for avoiding playing classes you don't like to gain equipment you do could be to do missions for specific corporations or factions that have unique variations of the suit class you like with the specific equipment type you want equipped already...nothing says that all suits of a given faction and race need have the same equipment baked in.

For instance, to use the Manufacturer System and a star-ship analogy
Heavy Assault Cruisers are produced by both Khanid Innovations and Viziam. Let's assume for a minute for the sake of argument that they both produce a Vanguard Suit in the same way.

Khanid Innovations merges Caldari Weapon an Electronics Systems with Amarr Engineering and Metalurgy. A Khanid Vanguard may come equipped with a Rail Rifle or Scrambler Rifle with breach Action and an ECM Burst Generator, Armor Hardeners (simplifying for the sake of illustration), and Reactive Plates.

Viziam on the other hand favors traditional Amarrian Weapons philosophy, but general gears more towards precision, so may have a Scrambler Rifle with Tactical Action, a Damage Modifier, a heat sink, an Armor Repairer, and a Nanohive.
OSG Planetary Operations
#110 Posted: 2017.06.02 13:56  |  Edited by: Pokey Dravon
DeathwindRising wrote:
Instead of 4 empire/racial variants of a particular dropsuit, we could potentially see something over 30 different Corp based variants of the same "class".

A LOT more work but it provides a future wealth of potential content as more and more corps could added to the game. For example, caldari 4 major corps out of their 8 megacorps, are Kaalakiota, Ishikune, lai dai, wiyrkomi.

But a quick look at this more complete listing of caldari corps shows just how many corps there really are to pontentially create content for.

Caldari NPC Corps


Valid concerns but like you said, a lot more work and more difficulty balancing/designing many variations of effectively the same thing. If anything the firmware system does allow for all of those variations, it just happens at the tail end of the progression rather than the beginning or middle.

EDIT: Just confirmed with Rattati. Only one manufacturer per class at launch. The system allows for additional manufacturers of the same class to be added if it makes sense in the future. However you also have the added flexibility of Firmware at Tech III that will allow you to (in a way) convert a suit to be configured differently per the specs of the manufacturer that made the firmware.
C C P
C C P Alliance
#111 Posted: 2017.06.02 14:16
Thaddeus Reynolds wrote:
One option for avoiding playing classes you don't like to gain equipment you do could be to do missions for specific corporations or factions that have unique variations of the suit class you like with the specific equipment type you want equipped already...nothing says that all suits of a given faction and race need have the same equipment baked in.

For instance, to use the Manufacturer System and a star-ship analogy
Heavy Assault Cruisers are produced by both Khanid Innovations and Viziam. Let's assume for a minute for the sake of argument that they both produce a Vanguard Suit in the same way.

Khanid Innovations merges Caldari Weapon an Electronics Systems with Amarr Engineering and Metalurgy. A Khanid Vanguard may come equipped with a Rail Rifle or Scrambler Rifle with breach Action and an ECM Burst Generator, Armor Hardeners (simplifying for the sake of illustration), and Reactive Plates.

Viziam on the other hand favors traditional Amarrian Weapons philosophy, but general gears more towards precision, so may have a Scrambler Rifle with Tactical Action, a Damage Modifier, a heat sink, an Armor Repairer, and a Nanohive.


To add to that.

In EVE, the ship has to be manufactured ahead of time, explaining Navy Variants etc.

With clone technology you are 3D printing the suit on demand.

If you imagine Firmware being the software on top of the Dropsuit, you can re-wire the "hull and role" bonuses, and because the materials are 3D printed as well, change the skin/visuals.

The difference is, you set the 3D printing formula before battle, including the Firmware. So this battle you will be using a Creodron Dropsuit with a Federal Marine Firmware override, changing its bonuses from plus to Hybrid, to plus to Armour Repair.

The Federal Marine Firmware is then earned with Gallente Navy standings

"As well as stupid, Rattati is incredibly slow and accident-prone, and cannot even swim"

#112 Posted: 2017.06.02 14:38
@CCP Rattati:

Ok,so to over-simplify here for me to get my head around something that I can relate to, dropsuits are going to be a generic nebulous thing, that we as players will then apply a software design to so that when "built on-the-fly," we can tweak the physical build of the suit to support whatever role we are looking to provide. If anything, it's the firmware patches that we earn/purchase/whatever that defines the suit being BUILT in our little player suitcase (or whatever we call it) that we take to the field.

I take that to mean the original design of a suit is some generic universal template, where race isn't even a factor anymore. Do I assume all races are using the same generic molding blank? I mean as far as lore goes? So each race will then have a "car" template. Basic 4 wheels, sedan, 6-cyl engine. Everyone in the universe has access to this due to some universal socialist-type agreement that this is everyone's base standard; or over some long time-frame that allowed all suit tech to distill itself down to the most basic common version? Instead of evolving the suit, the suit devolved until reaching that most comment default universal state, while custom firmware evolved instead?

Everyone buys a ps3, but with each software update, your ps3 goes to the next gen capability without really changing the ps3 case. Well, I guess in this example, you have a 3d printer at home just building a slightly modified version of the ps3 with each upgrade, but essentially the ps3 is the base model.

Who designed the default suit? How did enemy races get access to that design?

Please correct me where I am wrong. I am only trying to connect the dots. If I am understanding you right, this is *very* different than what we understand dropsuits to be based on our experience with DUST. That is not necessarily a complaint as it is just pointing out why it is so difficult for us out-of-the-know to grasp. We are trying, but all we really have to to relate to is coming from DUST experience. I think it would help greatly to preface everything with "this is not DUST... strap in, because this is going to be tricky to explain! Forget everything you know because it's no longer relatable." ;) I'm over here trying to conceptually patch your A to my understanding of what A used to be and it's no longer a one-to-one relationship. At least something like that would help break us from the ideas we have already built so many fantasies on since NOVA's announcement ;)

I mean that with respect and love btw.

I think I'm getting closer to getting what is going on. Assuming my post is anywhere near point. Thanks for the check-ins.

kitten bacon taco (nom)

C C P
C C P Alliance
#113 Posted: 2017.06.02 14:45
byte modal wrote:
@CCP Rattati:

Ok,so to over-simplify here for me to get my head around something that I can relate to, dropsuits are going to be a generic nebulous thing, that we as players will then apply a software design to so that when "built on-the-fly," we can tweak the physical build of the suit to support whatever role we are looking to provide. If anything, it's the firmware patches that we earn/purchase/whatever that defines the suit being BUILT in our little player suitcase (or whatever we call it) that we take to the field.

I take that to mean the original design of a suit is some generic universal template, where race isn't even a factor anymore. Do I assume all races are using the same generic molding blank? I mean as far as lore goes? So each race will then have a "car" template. Basic 4 wheels, sedan, 6-cyl engine. Everyone in the universe has access to this due to some universal socialist-type agreement that this is everyone's base standard; or over some long time-frame that allowed all suit tech to distill itself down to the most basic common version? Instead of evolving the suit, the suit devolved until reaching that most comment default universal state, while custom firmware evolved instead?

Everyone buys a ps3, but with each software update, your ps3 goes to the next gen capability without really changing the ps3 case. Well, I guess in this example, you have a 3d printer at home just building a slightly modified version of the ps3 with each upgrade, but essentially the ps3 is the base model.

Who designed the default suit? How did enemy races get access to that design?

Please correct me where I am wrong. I am only trying to connect the dots. If I am understanding you right, this is *very* different than what we understand dropsuits to be based on our experience with DUST. That is not necessarily a complaint as it is just pointing out why it is so difficult for us out-of-the-know to grasp. We are trying, but all we really have to to relate to is coming from DUST experience. I think it would help greatly to preface everything with "this is not DUST... strap in, because this is going to be tricky to explain! Forget everything you know because it's no longer relatable." ;) I'm over here trying to conceptually patch your A to my understanding of what A used to be and it's no longer a one-to-one relationship. At least something like that would help break us from the ideas we have already built so many fantasies on since NOVA's announcement ;)

I mean that with respect and love btw.

I think I'm getting closer to getting what is going on. Assuming my post is anywhere near point. Thanks for the check-ins.


Again, we are trying our best to translate the soul. What makes EVE and DUST so great, and where can we improvise without compromising the essence of New Eden.

"As well as stupid, Rattati is incredibly slow and accident-prone, and cannot even swim"

OSG Planetary Operations
#114 Posted: 2017.06.02 14:50
You're too focused on "what race". The real question is "who is the base manufacturer?".

Each of the 6 base classes has 1 manufacturer. So the base suits design is based off of that manufacturers design specs. Now, that company may belong to a certain race, so those design specs may resemble that race in general.

So the Core Logistics will probably look Minmatar since Core is a Minmatar company.

If Sisters of EVE made a dropsuit, it would probably look like a Sisters of EVE ship, since they're same manufacturer.

The company may or may not be tied to a specific race, so stop focusing on "what race". Focus on the manufacturers​.
Dead Man's Game
Preatoriani
#115 Posted: 2017.06.02 14:57  |  Edited by: Thaddeus Reynolds
byte modal wrote:
@CCP Rattati:

Ok,so to over-simplify here for me to get my head around something that I can relate to, dropsuits are going to be a generic nebulous thing, that we as players will then apply a software design to so that when "built on-the-fly," we can tweak the physical build of the suit to support whatever role we are looking to provide. If anything, it's the firmware patches that we earn/purchase/whatever that defines the suit being BUILT in our little player suitcase (or whatever we call it) that we take to the field.

I take that to mean the original design of a suit is some generic universal template, where race isn't even a factor anymore. Do I assume all races are using the same generic molding blank? I mean as far as lore goes? So each race will then have a "car" template. Basic 4 wheels, sedan, 6-cyl engine. Everyone in the universe has access to this due to some universal socialist-type agreement that this is everyone's base standard; or over some long time-frame that allowed all suit tech to distill itself down to the most basic common version? Instead of evolving the suit, the suit devolved until reaching that most comment default universal state, while custom firmware evolved instead?

Everyone buys a ps3, but with each software update, your ps3 goes to the next gen capability without really changing the ps3 case. Well, I guess in this example, you have a 3d printer at home just building a slightly modified version of the ps3 with each upgrade, but essentially the ps3 is the base model.

Who designed the default suit? How did enemy races get access to that design?

Please correct me where I am wrong. I am only trying to connect the dots. If I am understanding you right, this is *very* different than what we understand dropsuits to be based on our experience with DUST. That is not necessarily a complaint as it is just pointing out why it is so difficult for us out-of-the-know to grasp. We are trying, but all we really have to to relate to is coming from DUST experience. I think it would help greatly to preface everything with "this is not DUST... strap in, because this is going to be tricky to explain! Forget everything you know because it's no longer relatable." ;) I'm over here trying to conceptually patch your A to my understanding of what A used to be and it's no longer a one-to-one relationship. At least something like that would help break us from the ideas we have already built so many fantasies on since NOVA's announcement ;)

I mean that with respect and love btw.

I think I'm getting closer to getting what is going on. Assuming my post is anywhere near point. Thanks for the check-ins.

So, even in DUST our Suit setups were manufactured on-the-fly. Lore-wise not much has changed directly here.

Each manufacturer then creates a suit of a general size and class (Medium Assault is what might have been Assault, Medium Support is what might have been Logistics, Heavy Assault is what might have been Commando, Heavy Support is what might have been Sentinel...etc etc) and fills it with their equipment, and load their firmware to optimize its operation for their purpose. As you get more familiar with the dropsuit, you start being able to replace said pieces of equipment, and eventually gain the ability to flash the firmware to install any other firmware you are able to purchase or otherwise acquire.

Each Manufacturer has their basis within a Race's/Empire's space, and so ones from the same Empire will generally use very similar methodologies and have very similar looking final products along the classic general lines, but each manufacturer builds their suits for their purposes, so would obviously have different equipment loads built-in

Think of it like getting an "APEX" suit. Eventually you gain the ability to replace the pre-fit modules on it. And at high enough "level" you gain the ability to swap out the bonus on said suit to another compatible bonus (like changing from Hybrid Weapon Damage to Armor Repair Effectiveness)...to speak in the DUST idiom
#116 Posted: 2017.06.02 15:34
Pokey Dravon wrote:
You're too focused on "what race". The real question is "who is the base manufacturer?".

Each of the 6 base classes has 1 manufacturer. So the base suits design is based off of that manufacturers design specs. Now, that company may belong to a certain race, so those design specs may resemble that race in general.

So the Core Logistics will probably look Minmatar since Core is a Minmatar company.

If Sisters of EVE made a dropsuit, it would probably look like a Sisters of EVE ship, since they're same manufacturer.

The company may or may not be tied to a specific race, so stop focusing on "what race". Focus on the manufacturers​.


I'm focused on race because EvE.
Everything is race. That's why I am pushing so hard to get a clear declaration of distinction between NOVA and EvE and/or DUST players' ideas of in-game player separations. Much of the confusion in this thread alone is rooted in the player's misconception that NOVA is treating race as the average EvE/DUST player would simply assume. That does not seem to be the case, which is fine. For me, I am now seeing my disconnect in understanding. I just think to highlight such an obvious (after the fact for me, unfortunately) disconnect in understanding would really help bridge the gap of understanding and translation here that some of us are struggling to obtain. I'm really not trying to be difficult, this is just how my brain works. If i'm thinking orange for the last 4 years, then you tell me, 'no. actually, everything is purple." It's going to take a moment to even comprehend what that means to then begin deconstructing all of my knowledge and now assumptions of how orange is actually not orange.

I get your description. Rat's follow-up helped clarify. I just find it odd that only one racial corp will make a base class. I've already written to that in a previous post. It just is what it is and that will be fine in the end. This is a different game. Part of the confusion comes because of things like this though. On one hand we are moving NOVA development to Iceland to be more EvE like. On the other, we aren't using EvE universe basic principles of how races interact with each other, which is the underlying current of the EvE history and existence.

But again, it's a different game. So be it. Cool. It would just help those of us hung up on looking at this from the perspective learned through EvE, DUST, and CCP to clearly remove the blurry lines on some of this. Or to reinforce that major conceptual differnce moving forward. Knowing that earlier on I think would have saved us both a lot of grief stopping me from posting the last 10-20 posts throughout the last week or so ;) I know you (and others) have got to be getting tired of my push-backs by now :)


Ultimately, I'm honestly just trying to break my assumptions from the vacuum that has been this past year. I want to understand and I am getting things more clearly now. I am pushing now to see if any of my questions, or analogies help others similarly confused by all of this. Concepts are not transposing one-to-one. Now I see why. Perhaps others will start to see it as well and we can all ease back onto the same page to move forward.

kitten bacon taco (nom)

#117 Posted: 2017.06.02 15:43
CCP Rattati wrote:

Again, we are trying our best to translate the soul. What makes EVE and DUST so great, and where can we improvise without compromising the essence of New Eden.


I did not see this response. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

kitten bacon taco (nom)

OSG Planetary Operations
#118 Posted: 2017.06.02 15:50
I get you byte. It can be hard to break a deeply engrained perception of how things are from what you're used to.

It's like biting into an apple expecting it to taste like an apple, but it actually tastes like an orange. Not what you were expecting, but you may end up really liking the new taste anyways.
#119 Posted: 2017.06.02 16:34
Pokey Dravon wrote:
I get you byte. It can be hard to break a deeply engrained perception of how things are from what you're used to.

It's like biting into an apple expecting it to taste like an apple, but it actually tastes like an orange. Not what you were expecting, but you may end up really liking the new taste anyways.



Yeah, and I'm ok with eating an orange if that's what it is in the end. Disappointments aside, my biggest concern at this point is the translation between these two positions. Which is really why I keep hammering these few, relatively minor points over and over. I hope that others will start to see what I'm now seeing to understand---whether or not they agree still is a different matter, just that at least our base level of understanding will be on equal footing. Biting into an orange, expecting an apple is jarring. My tastes will tell me what is what, once I've had time to process the experience. Being told that an apple will now taste like an orange without a real point of experience to confirm that is quite another thing altogether ;)


To be clear, I am not drinking the Kool-Aid just yet. I am terribly disappointed on a lot of levels. That's another matter. Understanding here is crucial though if there is to be any reasonable communication and expectation from the carry-over player base. That means CCP must draw very clear and distinct lines for as often as they can to begin breaking away from the DUST paradigm. I understand if there are PR or corporate restrictions preventing this. This is the real world, after all. But it would help tremendously.

Fortunately for CCP, the new player base will be just that: new, and without the influence of DUST and the remaining expectations that it created, for the most part at least. How that will sit with DUST vets grazing in other fields waiting for a sign of return is unknown. I seriously doubt all players are active forum or Discord participants. The old guard may not even matter in the end, if a large enough influx of new mercs come out to play. For good or bad, we'll see what comes.

Thanks for entertaining my rants.

kitten bacon taco (nom)

#120 Posted: 2017.06.02 18:39  |  Edited by: Moorian Flav
IDK. Since posting last, I did some serious thinking to wrap my head around all the info provided about Nova so far without any context to EVE or DUST. After doing so, I realized what I ended up with sounded like another game I played before. The game had in game class leveling for what you're playing, ability to easily switch between classes, weapon customization, in game weapon leveling, and had Factions you can pledge allegiance to where you can earn Reputation to buy Faction specific gear.
Someone please tell me I am horribly off base here as I shan't even say the game's name I am referring to.

*EDIT: I thought of one more similarity; it's PVP is 6v6 like the Nova demo at Fanfest 2016.

I don't troll; I tell the truth.

I'm also known as "The ANTI-Propaganda Machine".

Forum Jump