General Discussions

^ Back to top
2 Pages12Next page

Who spent the most $$$?

Author
TAIYOU-CORP
#1 Posted: 2017.01.11 16:08
I spent $255 and dont regret a single penny.
NECROM0NGERS
The Red Skull
#2 Posted: 2017.01.11 16:29
Someone no doubt spent thousands on Aurum.

︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿ WAITING FOR PROJECT NOVA╤─── ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)

Praetoriani Classiarii Templares
#3 Posted: 2017.01.11 16:46
CCP

AmarrFTW

"The Hero got his feelings hurt for 9 hp... "

Not For Sale- Sanders 2016

Eternal Beings
#4 Posted: 2017.01.11 17:27
Don't have an exact amount for you but I easily spent $1500+

Every match I play can be summed up in one sentence: "Well, that didn't f#cking go as planned"

Ancient Exiles.
#5 Posted: 2017.01.11 17:47
Forever ETC wrote:
CCP

I read that building assets/models alone was into the millions... Hence why they're planning to re-use them in Nova. that would be quite an investment to just walk away from!

Join the DUST STEAM GROUP

100+ members and growing!

Going for the gold
#6 Posted: 2017.01.11 17:48
I spent...

Not one cent.

"Well it's a singleplayer game, so you play with yourself."

Source - Nekopara Steam reviews

Rosen Association
#7 Posted: 2017.01.11 17:50
Talos Vagheitan wrote:
Forever ETC wrote:
CCP

I read that building assets/models alone was into the millions... Hence why they're planning to re-use them in Nova. that would be quite an investment to just walk away from!

CCP spent 9 years working on World of Darkness and walked away from that. The Carbon engine as well was part of that write off, and they only used that for one room in EvE. Walking away from the assets developed fro Dust 514 would be a drop in the ocean for CCP.
OSG Planetary Operations
#8 Posted: 2017.01.11 17:59
Probably Dennie Fleetfoot.
Bacon with a bottle of Quafe
#9 Posted: 2017.01.11 18:27
Mercenary Pack

Elite Pack

That other Pack

All Quafe Suits

Probably 200 dollars worth of encryption keys...

I literally had nothing else to do with my money during those times.

Scouts United

Gk.0s & Quafes all day.

Dead Man's Game
#10 Posted: 2017.01.11 19:20
If time = money...
OSG Planetary Operations
#11 Posted: 2017.01.11 20:55
Joel II X wrote:
Mercenary Pack

Elite Pack

That other Pack

All Quafe Suits

It's kinda sad. In those early days of the Mercenary and Elite pack, I WANTED to spend money. It was exciting and didn't feel like a cheap cash grab and I was eager to try the unique stuff those packs offered. That's how it should be, players should want to spend money, and that's kind of the key to successful F2P monetization

Towards the end though with the keys and the warbarge complements? Uhg. Like...I get it, game was in dire straights and needed extreme action to save it, so fine. But that doesn't change the fact that it felt more like a cell phone game monetization more than anything....Which certainly didn't make me want to spend money on it.

I hope whatever model they come up with for Nova has the feel that we had in the Beta.
0uter.Heaven
#12 Posted: 2017.01.11 21:26
i've spent more than OP

none the less hours played per money spent still better than 95% of all games i have ever played.

EVE Trial 250k Bonus SP

Viktor's most hated words in Dust: "Vet" & "Retired"

Corrosive Synergy
#13 Posted: 2017.01.11 22:49
I spent about 100$ and I regret nothing.

Actively dominating correspondence chess.

D3ATH CARD
RUST415
#14 Posted: 2017.01.12 05:48  |  Edited by: deadpool lifetone
The horror stories I've heard & seen lol long story short , "no names" ( beep ) person spent possibly 1000+ a year . I personally spent maybe 100$ in total . Amarr imperial bpo pack , that included : ( Scrambler pistol / rifle / assault / logi / heavy bpo's ) and 30day boosters . very awesome till the end . enjoyed it and fun learning experience .
Will do it again with NOVA . stay ahead of the curve this time .

( F U!!!! ) * ( Why Dead? )

, (メ`ロ´)•︻デ═一X - - - - \(º □ º l|l)/

Bacon with a bottle of Quafe
#15 Posted: 2017.01.12 10:07
Pokey Dravon wrote:
Joel II X wrote:
Mercenary Pack

Elite Pack

That other Pack

All Quafe Suits

It's kinda sad. In those early days of the Mercenary and Elite pack, I WANTED to spend money. It was exciting and didn't feel like a cheap cash grab and I was eager to try the unique stuff those packs offered. That's how it should be, players should want to spend money, and that's kind of the key to successful F2P monetization

Towards the end though with the keys and the warbarge complements? Uhg. Like...I get it, game was in dire straights and needed extreme action to save it, so fine. But that doesn't change the fact that it felt more like a cell phone game monetization more than anything....Which certainly didn't make me want to spend money on it.

I hope whatever model they come up with for Nova has the feel that we had in the Beta.

I wouldn't have bought the AUR Packs just for the keys of I actually had responsibilities like I do now, though haha. The rest, yeah, probably. I think I had 4 Quafe Knives, 2 Quafe CRs, 1 RR, 1 Sniper, 1 ScR, 2 HMGs, 1 FG. Not a single Gallente weapon Cry

Scouts United

Gk.0s & Quafes all day.

Immortal Guides
#16 Posted: 2017.01.12 12:43
Probably somewhere between $500 and $1000.

Hand/Eye coordination cannot be taught. For everything else there is the Learning Coalition.

#17 Posted: 2017.01.12 18:13
I can't even remember the pricing structure. I think I bought at least 2 veteran's pack. Was there one above that? If so, I may have that once. Pretty sure I didn't go over 400, but might have been close. Really weird to think about that, but I didn't have much else to spend money on at the time.

kitten bacon taco (nom)

#18 Posted: 2017.01.12 18:17
I do remember and miss my Thales Scout BPO. I started running that a lot during my last days in. So whatever I paid for to get that, add that to the list. That might have been a CB reward or something. I just can't remember crap anymore.

kitten bacon taco (nom)

DUST University
Ivy League
#19 Posted: 2017.01.12 19:05
Thanks to the POWER OF CHRIBBAX!

http://dustsearch.com/thread/118423/page/1

Eve Online Invite https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=ed64524f-15ca-4997-ab92-eaae0af74b7f&action=buddy

DUST University
Ivy League
#20 Posted: 2017.01.12 20:44
I was half way through level 13 at the sever close.

That takes into account hours played, concurrent logins etc etc but the biggest contributor is of course Aurum spend.

Fairly easy to figure out mine because I only purchased via the online store wallet, top ups for Dust 514.

There was also quite a few PSN cards brought from stores as well if there was an offer on but these aren't shown on your PSN account history unfortunately. I'd estimate about £200 of them.

But according to my online PSN account it comes to £1134. The £ has of course tanked since then (thanks Brexit) so taking that into account roughly $2000 for you US peeps.

CPM 1&2 Member

CEO of DUST University

2 Pages12Next page