DUST 514 Fiction

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

Termination is imminent.

Author
#1 Posted: 2016.07.15 12:36  |  Edited by: Deranged Disaster
Music.

The large screen in the familiar quarters flickered. There he was, standing onto the couch with a heavy heart. His left hand holding his helmet covered forehead while his right held his favorite rifle onto his lap. Surely, his intimidating mask covered his emotions but it was clear. The immortal clad in high tech seemed like a helpless baby. He heaved a soul crushing, shaky sigh.

That's when the screen replayed the message.

EMERGENCY TRANSMISSION
"ATTENTION TO ALL MERCENARIES OF THE PROJECT. AT MAY 30th OF THIS YEAR WE WILL BE SHUTTING DOWN THE TRANSFER SYSTEMS. ALL MERCENARIES WHO HAVE SERVED US ARE DEARLY HELD IN OUR HEARTS, HOWEVER THE SYSTEM IS AT FAULT AND WILL BE TAKEN DOWN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. ANYONE WHO HAS HAD THEIR CONSCIOUSNESS TRANSFERRED WILL BE FACING IMMINENT DEATH. PLEASE SAVOR YOUR LAST MOMENTS. I REPEAT, TERMINATION IS IMMINENT."

The screen turned to static as the mercenary spared a glance towards it hesitantly. He pushed his rifle aside and fully faced the screen. Upon sitting upright, sirens went off with chaos ensuing right after. Gunshots were heard and loud thumps of metal clashing against metal. He rose to his two weary feet and went towards the door. As soon as it popped right open after the usual scanning process, the man walked forward. Numerous other mercenaries with the familiar logo of the Seraphim Initiative branded on them laid dead by their own hand. The mercenary stood upright and saluted his brothers and sisters in arms before clicking his helmet off and letting it roll onto the ground.

He unholstered his trusty sidearm and placed it against the side of his head.

TERMINATION IS IMMINENT.

((I just felt like writing a short snippet for the memories this game has given me. As terrible as the game was, the community and the social dynamics it offered were amazing. I'm not familiar with the EVE universe lore so I may have derped somewhere in there. Long live Seraphim Initiative.))

The last of our breed, we are bastards indeed. Seraphim Initiative reigns.