DUST 514 Technology Lab

^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

tools and the future

Author
Subdreddit
#1 Posted: 2014.05.03 19:46
Legion will require tools.

Anyone still interested in working these projects?

My hr tools rig is pretty much parked now.

Humphrey Bogart (1899-1957) I should never have switched from scotch to martinis.

Fatal Absolution
Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
#2 Posted: 2014.05.05 23:55
I'm feeling kinda meh about it. It's much more likely that we'd have more resources, but I'm kind of a sucker for how DUST is in it's current form.

If I get into the game enough possibly. At least if the forums are mostly the same structure I could make Things leigioniers say? Lol

The enemies of God stand broken before us. The light of the Reclaiming shines over them!

12/13/14 Never forget

Expert Intervention
Caldari State
#3 Posted: 2014.05.06 09:46
I m a Software Enginer and I allways wanted to develope stuff for EVE and DUST 514.
Havent followed this licence thing on fanfest but there coming some nice API changes I heared.
And EVE: Legion will have more EVE CREST APIs so...
Count me in for the future

Green Light EVE:Legion!

Subdreddit
#4 Posted: 2014.05.06 12:18
Force Seventrum wrote:
I m a Software Enginer and I allways wanted to develope stuff for EVE and DUST 514.
Havent followed this licence thing on fanfest but there coming some nice API changes I heared.
And EVE: Legion will have more EVE CREST APIs so...
Count me in for the future

If you want do the reading on what is out there already the Eve API is worth a look :
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/EVE_API_Functions

http://wiki.eve-id.net/APIv2_Page_Index

There is also the CREST stuff that is out already, but I don't have a link handy.

Humphrey Bogart (1899-1957) I should never have switched from scotch to martinis.

Dem Durrty Boyz
#5 Posted: 2014.06.25 18:13
dent 308 wrote:
Legion will require tools. Anyone still interested in working these projects?
My hr tools rig is pretty much parked now.

It really depends on the state of the API and CREST when Legion hits. Right now nobody is even looking at the 3rd party ecosystem for Legion. When/if Legion comes out, Eve will likely have auth'd CREST already. I would hope we'd get 3rd party dev support on launch but this is CCP we're talking about. It will really come down to if FoxFour stays excited about this stuff. As far as I can tell he's the catalyst for the renewed interest in 3rd party devs at CCP.