Author
Nos Nothi
#14701 Posted: 2014.05.30 13:27  |  Edited by: Adipem Nothi
... why not ...
Nos Nothi
#14702 Posted: 2014.05.30 14:01  |  Edited by: Shotty GoBang
Aeon Amadi wrote:
Where's that coming from O.o?

Let's have a look-see at that candied thread of yours, Aeon.

• Vehicle Rep Tools (Post #1)
  • Better SP scaling for vehicles (#21)
  • Return of Logistics variants (#39) (#32)

A subset of a problematic class asks for more. These are the same operators who relentlessly camp spawnpoints. The same pilots who resist the AV of the infantry they farm, and demand to retain the ability to do so. The very same class who are so far broken that 100+ KDRs can be found at any time in weekly Leaderboards.

By way of contrast, let's pretend that Scouts are so vastly overpowered that they steamroll all other players, except for other Scouts. Let's pretend that these demi-gods summoned Rattati to ask for more, say SG Sharpshooter or Chrome Sprint Speed. Would you offer those Scouts some candy? Or would you call them crazy?

Right or wrong, this is how I see things. Scouts are somewhat OP and FoTM. We didn't want it but it happened, and we're trying to get it fixed. Pilots are vastly OP and FoTM. Their majority insists that all is well and actively lobby for continued imbalance. Without sense, you've offered them candy; without shame they ask for more.

With Proficiency V Photon Swarms I can't even defend a friendly spawn.
It is bullsh*t, and I'm counting on CPM (old and new) and Rattati to fix it.
No excuses. No chasing butterflies. And certainly no candy 'til its fixed.

o7

#14703 Posted: 2014.05.30 14:48
Shotty GoBang wrote:
Photon Swarms

*snickers*
Nos Nothi
#14704 Posted: 2014.05.30 14:53  |  Edited by: Adipem Nothi
Here's my AV Fit ...

Gk.0 AV "Ghost" (117k)
PW: Wiyrkomi Swarm (Proficiency V)
SW: Toxin SMG
HI: Cmp Damage Amp (x2)
LO: Cmp KinCat (x2), Cmp Dampener (x2)
GR: Adv Flux
EQ: Std RE, Adv Cloak

Application (Ambush)

Dropship - Stalk indefinitely; avoid hostile infantry. Wait for a friendly to hit it with Forge Gun or Rail Turret. Fire 2-3 volleys; get +75; chase away bird. Do not fire at bird until someone has engaged it, lest it trace your AV origin and prioritize killing you ... generally, with one missile (249 HP).

HAV - Stalk until HAV has come to complete rest beyond the range of infantry support. Wait for HAV to begin firing sequence. Place REs (generally one, sometimes two) until tank begins to move. Flux tank. Pop REs. Fire swarms as it retreats. Low odds of a kill; high odds of +75; even odds of getting blasted.

Infantry-supported HAV - Do not engage.
Dual HAVs - Do not engage.
HAV+ADS - Do not engage.

Expectation (Ambush)

If you're lucky, your "prey" will farm fewer kills due to your persistence in chasing it away from friendlies. Even so, your "prey", more likely than not, will still go 10/0 and will still make money. You, on the other hand, should budget to lose 300,000 to 500,000 Isk per match. Invariably, your "prey" will kill you once or twice, you'll be spotted by hostile infantry or you'll be sniped while volleying swarms.
Lone Wolves Club
#14705 Posted: 2014.05.30 14:56
Congratulations Shotty, you're internet famous. That's the best sort of famous!

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=163941&find=unread

hall of fame
Lone Wolves Club
#14706 Posted: 2014.05.30 15:05
Adipem Nothi wrote:

HAV - Stalk until HAV has come to complete rest beyond the range of infantry support. Wait for HAV to begin firing sequence. Place REs (generally one, sometimes two) until tank begins to move. Flux tank. Pop REs. Fire swarms as it retreats. Low odds of a kill; high odds of +75; even odds of getting blasted.

Got some good advice on this recently. I used to use similar tactics, but some scout-bro's set me right. Don't blow the REs. Set them, use AV grenades to get the party started and swarm for as long as you can. Once they're out of range you can use the REs to either track them on the map, or blow the REs from any distance.

Also good for when you're facing a proper tanker who puts up hardeners. Swarm/AV grenade them for as long as you can to keep them moving, wait for the hardeners to drop, and then RE time.

Only had limited oportunity to try it out, but seems to be more effective. At least, I've manage to actually kill a couple of tanks this way, instead of just watching them disapear into the distance...

An Arkhos
#14707 Posted: 2014.05.30 15:18
Adipem Nothi wrote:
Here's my AV Fit ...

G. Pro AV "Ghost" (117k)
PW: Wiyrkomi Swarm (Proficiency V)
SW: Toxin SMG
HI: Cmp Damage Amp (x2)
LO: Cmp KinCat (x2), Cmp Dampener (x2)
GR: Adv Flux
EQ: Std RE, Adv Cloak

Applications (Ambush)

Dropship - Stalk indefinitely; avoid hostile infantry. Wait for a friendly to hit it with Forge Gun or Rail Turret. Fire 2-3 volleys; get +75; chase away bird. Do not fire at bird until someone has engaged it, lest it trace your AV origin and prioritize killing you ... generally, with one missile (249 HP).

Infantry-supported HAV - Do not engage.
Dual HAVs - Do not engage.
HAV+ADS - Do not engage.

Expectations (Ambush)

If you're lucky, your "prey" will farm fewer kills due to your having chased it away from friendlies all match. Even so, your "prey", more likely than not, will still go 10/0 and will still make money. You, on the other hand, should budget to lose 300,000 to 500,000 Isk per match. Invariably, your "prey" will kill you once or twice, you'll be spotted by hostile infantry or you'll be sniped while volleying swarms.

Could not have put it better myself Cool
I don't even Run the AV most of the time, but keep my RE/Flux as a standard on most fits. This way I can dal with the Infantry at my full capacity and be just as effective against the Ground Armour. Switch to AV for the Birds.
Though some times I will relentlessly go on HAV Hunts, if they are spammed or certain names are floating over top of them Pirate

MOAR Ladders

Spade… Remember your Warbarge

Nos Nothi
#14708 Posted: 2014.05.30 15:18  |  Edited by: Adipem Nothi
Brokerib wrote:

[Advice]

I'll definitely be running AV nades after the buff. I'd recently switched from Adv Packed to Adv Flux due to an increase in Gunnlogi sightings. I have to hit a Gunnlogi with everything I've got at once, otherwise he'll be back in action fully healed within seconds. Same goes for 3xRep Maddies.

Chased Alldin Kan away from friendlies for an entire match yesterday ...

* Got behind his GunnLogi while he was firing.
* Stickied two REs (got lucky ... usually only get one onto decent tankers).
* Hit him with an Exo Packed AV (second missed, as by then he'd noticed me).
* Triggered REs and fired full clip of proto swarms as he sped away.
* Opened orbital menu and placed OB on his escape route as he fled.

He still got away, but I'll bet he put down his bag of chips.
Nos Nothi
#14709 Posted: 2014.05.30 19:50
I am commenting because I cannot have this thread below the Ladyboy thread. I just can't.

Also, are we letting the Shotty siting slide, or will there be discussion? Is this the second coming?

Former CEO of the Land of the BIind.

Any double entendre is unintended I assure you.

Nos Nothi
#14710 Posted: 2014.05.30 20:00
One Eyed King wrote:
I am commenting because I cannot have this thread below the Ladyboy thread. I just can't.

Also, are we letting the Shotty siting slide, or will there be discussion? Is this the second coming?

He capped me in the face while my commando was doing some long range mass driver work Cry
Nos Nothi
#14711 Posted: 2014.05.30 20:51
One Eyed King wrote:

Yeah I'm wondering what's up with this as well.
I just took it as a sign of just how badly this annoys him, that he's going to make it very clear who he is.

We'll bang, OK?

#14712 Posted: 2014.05.30 22:27
One Eyed King wrote:

I say we photograph it, document it, and see where it leads.
It's almost like a dinosaur sighting.
But I'm with Bay on this, I think he just wanted people to know who was writing it, and it seemed like he thought about it, he wrote "why not" as Adipem.

What're you looking at me like that for? I'll shank you I will.

#14713 Posted: 2014.05.31 00:45
Spademan wrote:

But I'm with Bay on this, I think he just wanted people to know who was writing it, and it seemed like he thought about it, he wrote "why not" as Adipem.

It was originally the same post, only he deleted it and replaced it. Then copied it to the new post.

So very tired

#14714 Posted: 2014.05.31 02:58
We've got some SAM-MIK guys in here. Who wants to be the Scout liaison and tell Sir Dukey to stop arguing with an OG scout?

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2187206#post2187206

So very tired

Nos Nothi
#14715 Posted: 2014.05.31 03:06
Appia Nappia wrote:
Spademan wrote:

It was originally the same post, only he deleted it and replaced it. Then copied it to the new post.

Good spotting.
Appia is always watching Shocked

Hopefully in a benevolent "Santa Claus" kind way.

A random thought appeared!, I cast write it down! It's super effective!

Song time:

She's making a list.
Stabbing it twice.
Gonna find out who's FotM (foe-tom) or nice.

Ap-pi-a is hunting you down...

She sees you when you're sniping.
She knows where you will hide.
She knows the math on scanning mods
and won't stop until you've died.

Oh, you better get out,
and if you can't fly,
Just suicide out I'm telling you why.

Ap-pi-a is hunting you down...

Pirate

We'll bang, OK?

Lone Wolves Club
#14716 Posted: 2014.05.31 04:02
Shotty is internet famous and Appia has her own theme music. This has been a wierd weekend so far Big smile
#14717 Posted: 2014.05.31 04:14
Shotty GoBang wrote:
Aeon Amadi wrote:
Where's that coming from O.o?

Let's have a look-see at that candied thread of yours, Aeon.

• Vehicle Rep Tools (Post #1)
  • Better SP scaling for vehicles (#21)
  • Return of Logistics variants (#39)

A subset of a problematic class asks for more. These are same operators who relentlessly camp spawnpoints. The same pilots who resist the AV of the infantry they farm, and demand to retain the ability to do so. The very same class who are so far broken that 100+ KDRs can be found at any time in weekly Leaderboards.

By way of contrast, let's pretend that Scouts are so vastly overpowered that they steamroll all other players, except for other Scouts. Let's pretend that these demi-gods summoned Rattati to ask for more, say SG Sharpshooter or Chrome Sprint Speed. Would you offer those Scouts some candy? Or would you call them crazy?

Right or wrong, this is how I see things. Scouts are somewhat OP and FoTM. We didn't want it but it happened, and we're trying to get it fixed. Pilots are vastly OP and FoTM. Their majority insists that all is well and actively lobby for continued imbalance. Without sense, you've offered them candy; without shame they ask for more.

With Proficiency V Photon Swarms I can't even defend a friendly spawn.
It is bullsh*t, and I'm counting on CPM (old and new) and Rattati to fix it.
No excuses. No chasing butterflies. And certainly no candy 'til its fixed.

Mhmm. I get the creeping suspicion that there's something more that I'm not being told here so this might be falling on deaf ears, but here goes.

It's not candy. It's not "being offered" to anyone and believe it or not - I've ALWAYS complained about the removal WP accrual from repairing vehicles ever since closed beta when ICECREAMKING and his lot abused the mechanic to gain limitless orbitals. I've always advocated for more ways to gain war-points and I still do; a player should be rewarded for every action they perform in the game. It has absolutely nothing to do with vehicles.

But, since we're on the topic of vehicles, the interesting thing about proposals to add those sort of features is that they're great ways to compromise (there's that word I keep emphasizing to you guys) for other suggestions; like downgrading the heavy reppers on HAVs so that we can encourage the use of vehicle reppers because teamwork = OP, as it should be. Tanks shouldn't be one-man armies and by proposing an alternate means of accomplishing relatively the same goal using team-work, it doesn't come off as me saying "HERP NERF HAVS".

Now, onto the "better SP scaling for vehicles" (#21) <--- I have no idea where this came from. I did suggest better SP scaling for -Logistics equipment- because it's been needed from the start but as far as vehicles, it's never been brought up.

Return of Logistics Variants (#39) <--- Again, no idea where this is coming from and I have no idea what it applies to. Infantry Logistics..? Vehicle Logistics..?

(Former) CPM2 Representative for Dust 514 and Project Nova

Pro Hic Immortalis
#14718 Posted: 2014.05.31 04:26  |  Edited by: IgniteableAura
Aeon Amadi wrote:

Mhmm. I get the creeping suspicion that there's something more that I'm not being told here so this might be falling on deaf ears, but here goes.

He doesn't like tanksCool

PS: teamwork should not be OP. There should still be waves of opportunity. I can alpha a heavy with a logi, or out DPS through the reps even without a fellow logi repping me. With tanks you simply can't do that without another tank, most times the tank can just GTFO out of range. Recall and repeat. Its a poor **** mechanic thats been in the game WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY longer than scouts have been buffed.

However, it seems the cloak and scouts are so OP right now that its the first thing on the hotfix list and they are getting the hammer. Most of the reason that scouts are getting that fix is because we are advocates of balance, in contrast, vehicle players are notorious of "everythings fine" move along mentality.
Fatal Absolution
#14719 Posted: 2014.05.31 04:31
Appia Nappia wrote:
We've got some SAM-MIK guys in here. Who wants to be the Scout liaison and tell Sir Dukey to stop arguing with an OG scout?

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2187206#post2187206

I'm not in Sam-Mik, but I'll still tell him to calm down.

DTOracle speaks the truth in that post. Kincats AND Shield Extenders? Ain't nobody got the PG for that.

Suit is fun, but caters to a VERY specific type of player. It just isn't for everyone.

That being said, it's still far inferior to the power of the Gal/Cal.

Re-Re-Re-Re-Retired PC Scout. I miss the old days ;_;

You never just leave Dust. Your story will last forever.

Nos Nothi
#14720 Posted: 2014.05.31 04:33  |  Edited by: Adipem Nothi
Aeon Amadi (Post #1) wrote:

(#1) Since we gain WP from causing damage to vehicles, is there any way that we could re-evaluate the Axis Repair Tool to both make it more viable as well as give incentive to repairing vehicles?

Harpyja (Post #21) wrote:
The old engineering skill gave us PG. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants it back. There needs to be more benefits to investing SP into vehicles.

shaman oga (Post #32) wrote:
Things i would like ---SUPER REQUEST--- return of the logi vehicles and module (i know they are still there)