Topic is locked indefinitely.

5 Pages123Next pageLast page

12 Days of Dust Event Feedback Poll

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Onslaught Inc
#1 Posted: 2014.01.03 15:24  |  Edited by: Brush Master
Poll & Question
This is a simple pool for the community to give CCP a general idea of what you thought of the event through a poll.
http://strawpoll.me/960929

click link, check all that apply and vote.

Which did you vote for and why?

12 Days of Dust Event (December 25th – January 5th)
https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=127895

Results
external link to poll results: http://strawpoll.me/960929/r

Three basic questions were asked within the same poll with the user being able to choose all that applied to their opinion. The poll was promoted on the coldfront.net #dust514 channel, dust514 forums, dust514 reddit and several skype and related channels to try to get varied opinion from as many players as possible. The poll was started 3 days before the end of the event and ran till a day afterward. This thread contains some of the players feedback.

Though not 100% accurate since some players did not answer all questions and there was no way to verify they were indeed dust players, it did show overall trend to player thoughts.

Overall Poll Rank in Order

1. The rewards were underwhelming
  2. Encouraged me to login
  3. Liked the Event
  4. Did not encourage me to login
  5. The rewards were decent
  6. Did not even notice/care that it was going on

Overall, more than 50% of players liked the event and said it did encourage them to login; however, a majority of players, over 70% thought the rewards were underwhelming and could definitely be improved on.

The rewards question was the most voted on, showing that it was on the minds of players the most. Following that was the incentive to login which was pretty close to half the votes. Last was whether they liked the event, this one was least voted on, I believe players may not have really had an opinion or liked it but did not really care for it.

Per Questions Break Down

1. "Encouraged me to login" vs "Did not encourage me to login" (148 voters)

* Encouraged me to login
** 81 votes for 54.7% of the vote
** Ranked #2 in overall poll

* Did not encourage me to login
** 67 votes for 45.3% of the vote
** Ranked #4 in overall poll

2. "Liked the Event" vs "Did not even notice/care that it was going on" (131 voters)

* Liked the Event
** 75 votes for 57.3% of the vote
** Ranked #3 on overall poll

* Did not even notice/care that it was going on
** 56 votes for 42.7% of the vote
** Ranked #6 on overall poll

3. "The rewards were decent" vs "The rewards were underwhelming" (197 voters)

* The rewards were decent
** 58 votes for 29.4% of vote
** Rank #5 on overall poll

* The rewards were underwhelming
** 139 votes for 70.6% of vote
** Rank #1 on overall poll

Dust Veteran. June 2012 - ?

True Logi. Flying DS from the start.

@dustreports

Ahrendee Mercenaries
#2 Posted: 2014.01.03 15:29  |  Edited by: N1ck Comeau
i liked the event and thought the rewards were decent.

If i didn't already like the game and login daily, this wouldnt have changed that. Not a big enough event.

If you run cloak and shotgun, you're a scrub

Don't brick tank that scout, come on, get good.

Proud member of RND

Algintal Core
Gallente Federation
#3 Posted: 2014.01.03 15:35  |  Edited by: Mogar Bobac
Although I enjoyed it, I would have rather just had a permenant santa hat or some decorations in my quarters
Onslaught Inc
#4 Posted: 2014.01.03 15:38
It might be interesting to know how much SP/how long you been playing. Maybe it was good for newer players but for vets it might have been more a bitter vet syndrome?

@dustreports

Onslaught Inc
#5 Posted: 2014.01.03 15:43
Mogar Bobac wrote:
Althought I enjoyed it I would have rather just had a permenant santa hat or some decorations in my quarters

I think they would like this too but they just don't have a system in place to skin things or only allow certain items during certain periods of times. Hopefully 2014 is the year they make some major upgrades to the system.

@dustreports

Osmon Surveillance
Caldari State
#6 Posted: 2014.01.03 16:08
Event was a good idea but all the items in it were kinda underwhelming overall.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Rozencrutz89 Dust Vids

http://rozencrutz89.blogspot.com/ Blog on FW Matches

Holdfast Syndicate
Amarr Empire
#7 Posted: 2014.01.03 16:22
It's an interesting event, but I was expecting something hilariously impractical but appropriate to the season — like the Snowball Launchers in EVE — instead of a barely-useful number of existing items. 12 of something doesn't last very long,
Subdreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#8 Posted: 2014.01.03 16:25
My main issue is, that often I only have time for a few matches at night, and sometimes, those few matches were massacres, where we were pinned at the red line. This prevented me many times from getting anything. Even though I was #1 on my team many times, because of the loss, I missed out on almost every day of rewards.

I still think the kill or resupply or team spawn counting is the best way to go. This gives every player a chance to get items if they are good or at least prolific.

Commander Girr. Doom, etc, etc.

Knights Of Ender
#9 Posted: 2014.01.03 16:46
Basically what other said as far as the event being better probably for newer players. I found most of the items underwhelming and 12 really does go by fast. If it was intended for newer players, I see them losing out on this equipment most matches before even finding out the potential of said equipment.

It kept me logging in each day and since I have an active corp was easy to grab it and go. Though, honestly, without the event, I would have just logged in for the free consecutive points and been on my way over this break.

Knights of Ender Director

Logi 4 Life | Youtube Vids

Onslaught Inc
#10 Posted: 2014.01.03 17:07
Saxbrin Shain wrote:
It's an interesting event, but I was expecting something hilariously impractical but appropriate to the season — like the Snowball Launchers in EVE — instead of a barely-useful number of existing items. 12 of something doesn't last very long,

Could have been a bit more interesting but they have the concept down. 12 even if a play on words only last good plays 2-4 match and new players maybe 1-2.

@dustreports

warravens
#11 Posted: 2014.01.03 17:15  |  Edited by: RKKR
Event: A significant (important, notable, or momentous) occurrence or happening.

Where was the significant occurrence?

Hell, when one those special contracts show up that placed you in a game where everyone deploys with dumbfiring swarmlaunchers that actually shoot snowballs and santa/snowmen/(squadleaders as Rudolph) dropsuits and you get a goodie for every kill you make? That's what I call an event, but yeah it's too much work so they don't do that. This was not even worth the name 'event'.
Subdreddit
#12 Posted: 2014.01.03 17:33
Rewards were very inconsistent. The Quafe and Black Eagle suits? Cool, but they've already been given out as rewards, which diminishes their uniqueness for people who earned them previously and makes them less special for people who get them now.

Kinda surprised they haven't implemented an achievement or medals system where they can give out cosmetic and moral rewards that aren't items that can be acquired from the store for a few AUR.
The Phoenix Federation
Dark Taboo
#13 Posted: 2014.01.03 17:40
I didnt even notice it was going on.
TRUE TEA BAGGERS
Smart Deploy
#14 Posted: 2014.01.03 18:07
It was not good enough to get me go log on. I'm so burned out that I can't play any more. Waiting for new content..... Like real new content not just a few guns, more like different game modes or god f u cking forbid pve. Eleven months is long enough for me to be bashing my head against the wall.

Hello? any one there?

Onslaught Inc
#15 Posted: 2014.01.03 18:47
RKKR wrote:
Event: A significant (important, notable, or momentous) occurrence or happening.

Where was the significant occurrence?

Hell, when one those special contracts show up that placed you in a game where everyone deploys with dumbfiring swarmlaunchers that actually shoot snowballs and santa/snowmen/(squadleaders as Rudolph) dropsuits and you get a goodie for every kill you make? That's what I call an event, but yeah it's too much work so they don't do that. This was not even worth the name 'event'.

Well it could have at least been a bit better had it been rewards of like 50+ of an item or something like that. We all know they have better stuff to fix then create Christmas themed things.

@dustreports

Subdreddit
#16 Posted: 2014.01.03 19:35
This was my thoughts on the subject.

A handful of low-level gear or a gob of suits I have a bunch of already isn't all that cool.

tl;dr for the link: A reward that'd inspire me to log on would be a couple of militia suits that have different colors than normal. Not even intricate color changes. A palette swap would suffice. No fancy balance breaking gear. Just some warbarge bling would be enough.

... Balls?

Molon Labe.
RUST415
#17 Posted: 2014.01.03 19:50
I really like the concept of the event and it somewhat encouraged me to play a quick match but i feel like it should have been tiered rewards.

e.g. day x: 1 win = aur std assault rifle, 2 wins = aur adv assault rifle, 3 wins = aur pro assault rifle.

This way we are more encouraged to play a few rounds and we actually use some of the rewards.

"Scan Attempt Prevented"... Music to my ears.

Onslaught Inc
#18 Posted: 2014.01.04 00:28
Veka Kari wrote:
I didnt even notice it was going on.

didn't you read the news when you log in?

@dustreports

C C P
C C P Alliance
#19 Posted: 2014.01.04 04:18
This is an awesome idea. I'd love to see more of these kinds of constructive initiatives - I'll take the results of this feedback and present it to the relevant teams for you guys. :)

CCP Saberwing // DUST 514 Community Manager // @kanafchian

C C P
C C P Alliance
#20 Posted: 2014.01.04 04:19
Brush Master wrote:
Mogar Bobac wrote:
Althought I enjoyed it I would have rather just had a permenant santa hat or some decorations in my quarters

I think they would like this too but they just don't have a system in place to skin things or only allow certain items during certain periods of times. Hopefully 2014 is the year they make some major upgrades to the system.

We'd love to - but the backend for this just doesn't exist at the moment. It's definitely something we want to do and will be looking at putting systems in place for in the future.

CCP Saberwing // DUST 514 Community Manager // @kanafchian

5 Pages123Next pageLast page