General Discussions

 
^ Back to top

Topic is locked indefinitely.

3 Pages123Next page
 

[Clarification] Fixed aggressive friendly fire damage tracking.

Jump to first DEV post
Author
#1 Posted: 2013.12.18 15:20
Could one of the wonderful Devs please explain exactly what has been adjusted in regards to FF? Is it safe to use REs?

TODAMOON514

C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 Posted: 2013.12.18 15:41
Iskandar Zul Karnain wrote:
Could one of the wonderful Devs please explain exactly what has been adjusted in regards to FF? Is it safe to use REs?


It is safe to use RE's in faction warfare with a couple of exceptions which you should be aware of:

- Remote explosives will still do damage to friendly vehicles and dropsuits so if you damage friendlies it will be tracked. We did however fix the damage tracking calculations which were going haywire and recording far too much damage.
- Friendlies can still detonate *your* remote explosives by shooting them and killing themselves. They can then punish you for it. We have not changed this.

We also fixed vehicle collision which was also causing way too much damage. Hope that helps.

CCP Nullarbor // Exotic Dancer // Team True Grit

KILL-EM-QUICK
#3 Posted: 2013.12.18 15:45
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
Iskandar Zul Karnain wrote:
Could one of the wonderful Devs please explain exactly what has been adjusted in regards to FF? Is it safe to use REs?


It is safe to use RE's in faction warfare with a couple of exceptions which you should be aware of:

- Remote explosives will still do damage to friendly vehicles and dropsuits so if you damage friendlies it will be tracked. We did however fix the damage tracking calculations which were going haywire and recording far too much damage.
- Friendlies can still detonate *your* remote explosives by shooting them and killing themselves. They can then punish you for it. We have not changed this.

We also fixed vehicle collision which was also causing way too much damage. Hope that helps.


So basically you are saying that you did something similar to what I asked about here:

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=128524&find=unread

;)
Who Are Those Guys
#4 Posted: 2013.12.18 15:47
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
Iskandar Zul Karnain wrote:
Could one of the wonderful Devs please explain exactly what has been adjusted in regards to FF? Is it safe to use REs?


It is safe to use RE's in faction warfare with a couple of exceptions which you should be aware of:

- Remote explosives will still do damage to friendly vehicles and dropsuits so if you damage friendlies it will be tracked. We did however fix the damage tracking calculations which were going haywire and recording far too much damage.
- Friendlies can still detonate *your* remote explosives by shooting them and killing themselves. They can then punish you for it. We have not changed this.

We also fixed vehicle collision which was also causing way too much damage. Hope that helps.

so can we place proxy mine next to each other? Previously, once one was set off, it would blow up neighboring mines and count towards your damage and thus kick you.

Can I now lay 5 proxy mines next to each other for a tank trap?
#5 Posted: 2013.12.18 15:48
Thanks for the reply Nullarbor!

TODAMOON514

Praetoriani Classiarii Templares
#6 Posted: 2013.12.18 15:50
Does damage to a friendly Null Cannon still count?

For example, if you drop an OB on reds that are on a blue NC, does that damage count towards a kick?

Proud member of Triple A. #rollingold Closed beta vet

C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 Posted: 2013.12.18 15:52
Maximus Stryker wrote:
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
Iskandar Zul Karnain wrote:
Could one of the wonderful Devs please explain exactly what has been adjusted in regards to FF? Is it safe to use REs?


It is safe to use RE's in faction warfare with a couple of exceptions which you should be aware of:

- Remote explosives will still do damage to friendly vehicles and dropsuits so if you damage friendlies it will be tracked. We did however fix the damage tracking calculations which were going haywire and recording far too much damage.
- Friendlies can still detonate *your* remote explosives by shooting them and killing themselves. They can then punish you for it. We have not changed this.

We also fixed vehicle collision which was also causing way too much damage. Hope that helps.

so can we place proxy mine next to each other? Previously, once one was set off, it would blow up neighboring mines and count towards your damage and thus kick you.

Can I now lay 5 proxy mines next to each other for a tank trap?


We no longer track damage to any equipment including remote explosives and proxy mines.

CCP Nullarbor // Exotic Dancer // Team True Grit

C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 Posted: 2013.12.18 15:52
Aisha Ctarl wrote:
Does damage to a friendly Null Cannon still count?

For example, if you drop an OB on reds that are on a blue NC, does that damage count towards a kick?


No installations are included in the damage tracking, only players and vehicles.

CCP Nullarbor // Exotic Dancer // Team True Grit

OSG Planetary Operations
Covert Intervention
#9 Posted: 2013.12.18 15:52
Aisha Ctarl wrote:
Does damage to a friendly Null Cannon still count?

For example, if you drop an OB on reds that are on a blue NC, does that damage count towards a kick?

I wonder this myself

Real heavies use lasers

An Arkhos
#10 Posted: 2013.12.18 15:53
This also means that we can destroy friendly equipment to eliminate lag spam at supply depots….

MOAR Ladders

Spade… Remember your Warbarge

Dominion of the Supreme Emperor God-King KAGEHOSHI
#11 Posted: 2013.12.18 15:55
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
Iskandar Zul Karnain wrote:
Could one of the wonderful Devs please explain exactly what has been adjusted in regards to FF? Is it safe to use REs?


It is safe to use RE's in faction warfare with a couple of exceptions which you should be aware of:

- Remote explosives will still do damage to friendly vehicles and dropsuits so if you damage friendlies it will be tracked. We did however fix the damage tracking calculations which were going haywire and recording far too much damage.
- Friendlies can still detonate *your* remote explosives by shooting them and killing themselves. They can then punish you for it. We have not changed this.

We also fixed vehicle collision which was also causing way too much damage. Hope that helps.

Any plans to deal with the second exception?

▲Supreme emperor god-king【KAGEH۞SHI】// Lord of threads // Forum alt▼

#12 Posted: 2013.12.18 15:55
CCP Nullarbor wrote:

We no longer track damage to any equipment including remote explosives and proxy mines.


And so begins the era of anti-equipment awoxing.

TODAMOON514

#13 Posted: 2013.12.18 16:03
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
Iskandar Zul Karnain wrote:
Could one of the wonderful Devs please explain exactly what has been adjusted in regards to FF? Is it safe to use REs?



- Friendlies can still detonate *your* remote explosives by shooting them and killing themselves. They can then punish you for it. We have not changed this.




...............................................................................................................................
Onslaught Inc
#14 Posted: 2013.12.18 16:27
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
Aisha Ctarl wrote:
Does damage to a friendly Null Cannon still count?

For example, if you drop an OB on reds that are on a blue NC, does that damage count towards a kick?


No installations are included in the damage tracking, only players and vehicles.


I hope to see you improve the damage calculations, damaging your own vehicle should really not count, it's not a friendly, you own it.

Dust Veteran. June 2012 - ?

True Logi. Flying DS from the start.

@dustreports

Who Are Those Guys
#15 Posted: 2013.12.18 16:36
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
Maximus Stryker wrote:
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
Iskandar Zul Karnain wrote:
Could one of the wonderful Devs please explain exactly what has been adjusted in regards to FF? Is it safe to use REs?


It is safe to use RE's in faction warfare with a couple of exceptions which you should be aware of:

- Remote explosives will still do damage to friendly vehicles and dropsuits so if you damage friendlies it will be tracked. We did however fix the damage tracking calculations which were going haywire and recording far too much damage.
- Friendlies can still detonate *your* remote explosives by shooting them and killing themselves. They can then punish you for it. We have not changed this.

We also fixed vehicle collision which was also causing way too much damage. Hope that helps.

so can we place proxy mine next to each other? Previously, once one was set off, it would blow up neighboring mines and count towards your damage and thus kick you.

Can I now lay 5 proxy mines next to each other for a tank trap?


We no longer track damage to any equipment including remote explosives and proxy mines.

thank you
DUST University
Ivy League
#16 Posted: 2013.12.18 16:40
what about damage done to null cannons (which are immune) with RE traps or grenades? this got me kicked once too.
Fatal Absolution
Negative-Feedback
#17 Posted: 2013.12.18 16:42
Iskandar Zul Karnain wrote:
CCP Nullarbor wrote:

We no longer track damage to any equipment including remote explosives and proxy mines.


And so begins the era of anti-equipment awoxing.
Such a negative nancy Lol

Xeroo.Cool on Skype. Kyle720 on PSN

#18 Posted: 2013.12.18 16:51
Cheers Null. Much appreciated.

Destiny won't kill Dust.

CCP already did that.

Intara Direct Action
Caldari State
#19 Posted: 2013.12.18 16:59
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
Iskandar Zul Karnain wrote:
Could one of the wonderful Devs please explain exactly what has been adjusted in regards to FF? Is it safe to use REs?


It is safe to use RE's in faction warfare with a couple of exceptions which you should be aware of:

- Remote explosives will still do damage to friendly vehicles and dropsuits so if you damage friendlies it will be tracked. We did however fix the damage tracking calculations which were going haywire and recording far too much damage.
- Friendlies can still detonate *your* remote explosives by shooting them and killing themselves. They can then punish you for it. We have not changed this.

We also fixed vehicle collision which was also causing way too much damage. Hope that helps.

Was this fixed overnight or something? Cause I got banned last night for having 3 re's on the ground and detonating them under an enemy tank. I killed 3 tanks that game using re's planted on them but the one time I laid a trap for one it just banned me. But there was only one friendly on the area with me and he was inside the building where I told him to go to keep the tanks attention with small arms fire.

Dedicated Stealth Scout.

Pay attention to your surroundings or your getting 2 in the back of the head.

C C P
C C P Alliance
#20 Posted: 2013.12.18 17:25  |  Edited by: CCP Nullarbor
Brush Master wrote:
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
Aisha Ctarl wrote:
Does damage to a friendly Null Cannon still count?

For example, if you drop an OB on reds that are on a blue NC, does that damage count towards a kick?


No installations are included in the damage tracking, only players and vehicles.


I hope to see you improve the damage calculations, damaging your own vehicle should really not count, it's not a friendly, you own it.


Actually that is another exception I forgot to mention, if you grenade your own dropsuit or shoot your own vehicle that will NOT count towards the damage threshold. The ownership of vehicles does not change if a different driver gets in, so if someone on your own team steals your car and shoots it then that is tracked.

CCP Nullarbor // Exotic Dancer // Team True Grit

3 Pages123Next page
Forum Jump