Author
R 0 N 1 N
#121 Posted: 2013.11.02 00:23
Chunky Munkey wrote:
Asirius Medaius wrote:
Chunky Munkey wrote:
A 5.0 kdr in a scout suit?

Good f*ing luck.

I'll just keep hold of the suits thanks.

Hopefully when people drop down to 40 suits and getting only a few kills with 10 deaths to their Black Eagle dropsuit count, they will realize that holding on to them would probably be the better idea.

I can see tons of snipers using this scout suit to get points; I know I will, and I will be farming them quite a bit (averages in my games tend to be 20-0 to 30-0, depending where I snipe), so I know that capping them to 70 by CCP is a good idea on their part.

It does say kills with a dropsuit weapon. Perhaps that refers to the pre-fitted BPOs on it. I.e. no kills from other weapons you put on the suit.
Though hopefully it just means that installation, vehicle and OB kills won't count.

Blue post already mentioned you have to use the weapons that come with the suit to qualify. I think this needs to be made crystal clear in the OP.

CCP Logibro wrote:
steadyhand amarr wrote:
Can we adjust the black E suit and still qualify?

You can adjust the suit, but you have to get the kills with one of the default weapons on the suit.

Additionally with the Winter Carnage event, Grenades are not counted for the event either (they aren't a sidearm, light or heavy weapon)

As for this month's events. Time to dust off dust. Nice stuff CCP. Yeah I'll get proto-stomped I'm sure, but not sure I'll be too mad with all the stuffs.

You must learn honor, or you deserve to learn nothing at all.

~ Rivvy Dinari - Swordmaster of Ginaz

DUST University
Ivy League
#122 Posted: 2013.11.02 00:39
Just throwing it out there that an AMAZING time to put omegas on the market would be between the 6th and the 13th.

CCP Logibro is awesome.

Ultramarine Corp
#123 Posted: 2013.11.02 04:41
I might win some stuff this time Big smile
L.O.T.I.S.
D.E.F.I.A.N.C.E
#124 Posted: 2013.11.02 09:12
CCP Eterne wrote:
November Mastery Reward
The goal of battle is to win. But for some, winning is not enough. You must dominate your opponent completely and make him regret ever facing off against you. In November, we will be rewarding people when they do master the art of war. Every day, for your best 3 wins (in terms of War Points earned), you will earn double the amount of War Points in Skill Points. These bonus Skill Points will not count against your weekly cap and will be awarded every Tuesday.

Accelerated SP Week
From November 6 to 13, players will earn active Skill Points from battles at three times the normal rate. During the week, your weekly Skill Point cap will be tripled as well. Passive Skill Point gain will remain normal.

Black Eagle Battle Test
The Black Eagles are running a public trial of their iconic 'Black Eagle' Scout G/1-Series dropsuit from November 14 to 21. Every player will be provided with 50 Black Eagle dropsuits absolutely for free. For every 5 kills scored with a Black Eagle dropsuit weapon, you will earn an additional Black Eagle dropsuit at the end of the trial! These bonus dropsuits will be capped at 70.

Winter Carnage
It's time to paint the snowy white winter red with blood! From November 23 to 30, using your best weapons to rack up the kills will earn you bonus rewards. Best of all, the rewards are based entirely on the weapon you use! Any heavy, light, or sidearm you use in battle is eligible for these rewards.
  • For every 10 kills made with a Standard weapon, earn 1 Advanced-tier weapon of the same type.
  • For every 10 kills made with an Advanced weapon, earn 2 Prototype-tier weapons of the same type.
  • For every 10 kills made with a Prototype weapon, earn 1 copy of the 'Quafe' Scout gk.0 dropsuit.

All kills must be made with the same weapon type. All rewards are capped at 100 copies.

thank you for these events

caveat

the basic laser 84m elm laser 84m viziam laser 84m and all three do 17 per bullet .
the viziam laser is a PROTOTYPE weapon but a basic laser is better.

so as far as lasers go its pointless to use anything but the basic laser .

Hey CCP get a PS4 client

Planetside 2 in June on PS4

Dust Deserters Alliance

MCDUSTDONALDS
Zero-Day
#125 Posted: 2013.11.02 13:16
does the winter carnage event include tank turrets or just dropsuit weapons?

Iv'e Been Ignorant On Deez Forums Before The Children Made It Cool- Soulja Ghostface

Ancient Exiles.
Dirt Nap Squad.
#126 Posted: 2013.11.02 15:14
Looks good, can't wait!
Spirit riders
#127 Posted: 2013.11.02 15:30
finally a reason to buy active and passive boosters. Also i will be able to have a prototype weapon finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Big smile
#128 Posted: 2013.11.02 15:44
CCP Eterne wrote:
Glad you guys are enjoying these. A few clarifications:

Only infantry weapons count.

I shall ruin your match with all my power! DOWN WITH CCP!!

Forum Warfare
#129 Posted: 2013.11.03 15:30
Question about the Winter Carnage event, I hope to get a CCP comment on this:

If we use a variant of a weapon, would you get the prototype variant of that weapon?

For instance, if I kill 10 people with a MO-4 Assault Heavy Machine Gun, do I get 2 Freedom Assault Heavy Machine Gun or 2 Boundless Heavy Machine Guns at the end of the event?

I used to own the FAT GAT until this --> [ASCII Art removed - draconian forum overlord CCP Logibro]

L.O.T.I.S.
D.E.F.I.A.N.C.E
#130 Posted: 2013.11.03 15:58
some clarification on the weapon part.

do I have to make those 10 kills in one match?

if I kill 9 mercs then die and then kill the 10th does it count?

in other words to qualify for the weapon rewards do the 10 kills have to happen in the same match with the same clone?

this game makes me sad....

Edimmu Warfighters
Gallente Federation
#131 Posted: 2013.11.03 17:21
Chunky Munkey wrote:

Good f*ing luck.

No doubt lol. Cool

So you think cloak/sg scouts are op huh, tbh idk if it's op or not, but i'll tell ya one thing I sure do like it lol.

Weiben Ritter
Canis Eliminatus Operatives
#132 Posted: 2013.11.03 23:00
Nice work ccp. These are the kind of events we all want. Keep them coming, especially in the winter. thanks ccp
Praetoriani Classiarii Templares
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#133 Posted: 2013.11.04 13:55
YES! I need laser rifle proficiency.

"Surround yourself with the faithful, Stand together, for there is no strength like it under the heavens."

Praetoriani Classiarii Templares
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#134 Posted: 2013.11.04 14:26
IceShifter Childhaspawn wrote:
Just throwing it out there that an AMAZING time to put omegas on the market would be between the 6th and the 13th.

Good god... just imagine it.
30-40k skill points per round, average.

"Surround yourself with the faithful, Stand together, for there is no strength like it under the heavens."

The Rainbow Effect
#135 Posted: 2013.11.04 15:07
CCP Eterne wrote:
November Mastery Reward
The goal of battle is to win. But for some, winning is not enough. You must dominate your opponent completely and make him regret ever facing off against you. In November, we will be rewarding people when they do master the art of war. Every day, for your best 3 wins (in terms of War Points earned), you will earn double the amount of War Points in Skill Points. These bonus Skill Points will not count against your weekly cap and will be awarded every Tuesday.

Accelerated SP Week
From November 6 to 13, players will earn active Skill Points from battles at three times the normal rate. During the week, your weekly Skill Point cap will be tripled as well. Passive Skill Point gain will remain normal.

Black Eagle Battle Test
The Black Eagles are running a public trial of their iconic 'Black Eagle' Scout G/1-Series dropsuit from November 14 to 21. Every player will be provided with 50 Black Eagle dropsuits absolutely for free. For every 5 kills scored with a Black Eagle dropsuit weapon, you will earn an additional Black Eagle dropsuit at the end of the trial! These bonus dropsuits will be capped at 70.

Winter Carnage
It's time to paint the snowy white winter red with blood! From November 23 to 30, using your best weapons to rack up the kills will earn you bonus rewards. Best of all, the rewards are based entirely on the weapon you use! Any heavy, light, or sidearm you use in battle is eligible for these rewards.
  • For every 10 kills made with a Standard weapon, earn 1 Advanced-tier weapon of the same type.
  • For every 10 kills made with an Advanced weapon, earn 2 Prototype-tier weapons of the same type.
  • For every 10 kills made with a Prototype weapon, earn 1 copy of the 'Quafe' Scout gk.0 dropsuit.

All kills must be made with the same weapon type. All rewards are capped at 100 copies.

So i could rack up quite a decent amount of weapons? And of the last mentioned rewards are each capped to 100? Like if i would get 1000 kills with my duvolle i get 100 quafe scouts? Additionally if i make 500 kills with my GEK-38 i get 100 duvolles and for 1000 kills with a exile i get 100 GEK-38. Did i got that right?

Head of public relations from The Rainbow Effect.

KILL-EM-QUICK
RISE of LEGION
#136 Posted: 2013.11.04 18:21
So, does each clone that we have get 50 black eagle dropsuits, or is it linked to your account, as in 50 for your entire PSN?
Dem Durrty Boyz
Dirt Nap Squad.
#137 Posted: 2013.11.04 18:55
Great CCP THATS HOW I LIKE IT!!!!
Keep with the good events!I want a Thale Tar 07 Sad

Sniper Rifle 4life \0/ Longest kill 599.99 meters SR optimization lvl 5 \0/ I dont need Thales to hit 40/0.

DUST University
Ivy League
#138 Posted: 2013.11.04 23:29
Chunky Munkey wrote:
Asirius Medaius wrote:
Chunky Munkey wrote:

Good f*ing luck.

Hopefully when people drop down to 40 suits and getting only a few kills with 10 deaths to their Black Eagle dropsuit count, they will realize that holding on to them would probably be the better idea.

I can see tons of snipers using this scout suit to get points; I know I will, and I will be farming them quite a bit (averages in my games tend to be 20-0 to 30-0, depending where I snipe), so I know that capping them to 70 by CCP is a good idea on their part.

It does say kills with a dropsuit weapon. Perhaps that refers to the pre-fitted BPOs on it. I.e. no kills from other weapons you put on the suit.
Though hopefully it just means that installation, vehicle and OB kills won't count.

Nope already confirmed by a dev earlier, you need to get kills with the weapons they come with.
C C P
C C P Alliance
#139 Posted: 2013.11.05 10:25
A couple more clarifications.

Passive battle SP is not increased, it's only active battle SP that is increased.

You do not need to get the 10 kills in the same match. It is cumulative.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCPEterne ※ @EVELiveEvents

SyNergy Gaming
EoN.
#140 Posted: 2013.11.05 10:53  |  Edited by: Absolute Idiom II
CCP Eterne wrote:
Passive battle SP is not increased, it's only active battle SP that is increased.

I'm surprised at this choice since the feedback the last time you did this was that

1) the grindfest to cap out was massive
2) it encouraged proto pub-stomping

which rather takes away from the reward of additional SP.

Take a look at this easy-to-understand chart: http://i.imgur.com/ukxHabM.png?1

Bad decision, IMO.

Fanfest 2012 - Winning Team + MVP - £1100 in prizes

Fanfest 2013 - Winning Team - £500 in prizes

Fanfest 2014 - ???