8 Pages123Next pageLast page

New Laser Rifle Scope, coming soon

Jump to first DEV post
Author
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:16  |  Edited by: CCP Logibro
Hey guys

I've got some new screenshots of the Laser Rifle scope coming in Uprising 1.4 from Team Kong. One of the things we felt was holding the Laser Rifle back was it's scope, which was hard to use and obscured your view when aiming down the sights. So we decided to switch out the old iron sights with a red dot.

What do you think?

CCP Logibro // Patron Saint of Logistics // Distributor of Nanites

(ಠ_ಠ)

Fatal Absolution
Bleeding Sun Conglomerate
#2 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:16
\o/

Now just make it useful again!
OSG Planetary Operations
#3 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:18  |  Edited by: Doyle Reese
is this on the new map or is it just the new outpost? or both? :D
Fraternity of St. Venefice
Amarr Empire
#4 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:18
That's perfect actually, as long as the muzzle flash doesn't distort the aiming like the scrambler rifle does

and on that note, please fix the scrambler rifle muzzle flash so it doesn't blind you when you aim down the sights

A shade darker than black, the wound that never heals..The Babyslayer

PSN: Kobra

Youtube.com/kkobra

Better Hide R Die
#5 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:20  |  Edited by: Wakko03
Where is my AR scope.... I mean the dropsuit fitting screen shows that my AR's have a scope.?

EDIT: This is an edit in response to the follow up posts in the rest of this thread.
The Reason as I Recall the removal of the scope went like this.

CCP didn't have ranges on the AR's & we also had 2 SKILLS called SHARPSHOOTER that extended the ranges (currently that 1 skill now controls dispersion or kick I don't remember right now which one it covers), so with the scope we had prior to its removal, a BREACH variant could have ALMOST the same range as the Tacticals. Now instead of being ready with the new range system CCP decided to gimp the problem by forcing us to use the Iron Sights after taking away the ORIGINAL Sharpshooter skills (note plural) and thus reduce our long range game; this resulted in the tacticals quickly becoming FOTM and with the nerf to them and the amount of ammo in their clip the problem for them was "solved".

The reason why some of us AR users can DEAL with the not having a reflex dot or a acog and is because for 9 months our AR's had a nice scope and we could remember how and from where we could get the same type of kills. Then about 2 -3 months ago ccp worked the ranges into the mix.

The IRON Sights is a P.O.S. and now that LR with its longer range is making a resurgence why can AR's not get at least the same ability to track an enemy or get more than a lucky headshot in.
Forsaken Immortals
#6 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:20
Must have taken ages to design that scope.

Lead Diplomat for Forsaken Immortals.

Amarr Templars
Amarr Empire
#7 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:21
great! now can we get a difference in dmg and range with the std, adv and proto versions?
Sanguis Defense Syndicate
#8 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:22
Doyle Reese wrote:
is this on the new map or is it just the new outpost? or both? :D

(though it appears to be the bridge map)

That is definitely one of the new sockets.
Metal Mind Industries
#9 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:22
Good job, Reflex sight as requested. I just might have to skill into the LR now.

How does the yellow tint on the lense look when you're aiming it into a dark area? As long as it somehow doesn't make the targeted area even harder to see into then I say it looks pretty good.
Sanguis Defense Syndicate
#10 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:22
King Kobrah wrote:
That's perfect actually, as long as the muzzle flash doesn't distort the aiming like the scrambler rifle does

and on that note, please fix the scrambler rifle muzzle flash so it doesn't blind you when you aim down the sights

Considering that in the pic screenshot its firing. . .
Kinsho Swords
Caldari State
#11 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:22  |  Edited by: bolsh lee
Ouch 23% efficiency at 17m Ugh gonna love the new efficiency meter though !

Edit: will the efficiency % add in damage mods or is that base range vs danage ?
Internal Error.
Negative-Feedback
#12 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:22
Looks good
Praetoriani Classiarii Templares
#13 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:23
It's beautiful and hopefully the LR will get a slight buff to make it a viable weapon once again (shouldn't have to stack damage mods just to get a kill).

On a sidenote - this is new for you CCP. Pictures from a future update?!? I like this new direction you're headed in and hopefully the openness becomes more.....open.

P.S.

Wouldn't mind seeing some internal Rail Rifle testing pictures.

Proud member of Triple A. #rollingold Closed beta vet

Elephant Riders
#14 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:23
I foresee a resurgence in LR qq now that people can actually see what they're shooting at.

It was both infuriating and fun while it lasted.

Capital Acquisitions LLC
#15 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:24
I definitely like it better than the iron-sight, so good work. With the refined aiming system I bet it'll play better too.
Subdreddit
#16 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:27
The scope isn't the problem. The huge penalty to slew rate while ADS is the problem.

At least you had the foresight to get rid of the retardo blue flash when you fired it.

Just to back to Chromosome for **** sake.
Krullefor Organization
Minmatar Republic
#17 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:27
I'm guessing the scope alone is the sole contents of the 1.5 expansion? P

Can you not give us the options of scopes on all guns?
Doomheim
#18 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:43
Does it have any zoom whatsoever? LR is longer range so there should really be a sort of zoom element to it. I'm not saying bring back the Camera Scope but just make that current aiming animation (where you can see outside the scope as well) have a zoom inside the scope, so things only inside that scope have zoom...that was probably confusing, I hope not.
WarRavens
Imperium Eden
#19 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:43
i am impressed

Sou o Defendeiro dos derrubados_Pronto saberá justiça

Resheph Interstellar Strategy
Gallente Federation
#20 Posted: 2013.07.29 20:52
Lose the yellow tint and give me a clear sight with red dot. Oh and a respec so I can go proto Amarr assault
8 Pages123Next pageLast page