CCP Looking for New Executive Prodcer-DUST514

Jump to first DEV post
Author
Knights Of The 0ld Republic
#81 Posted: 2013.07.23 10:32
Sete Clifton wrote:
Heimdallr69 wrote:
Ccp get someone from DICE if you can

I feel like a bit of a creep looking through LinkedIn, but apparently Wolfman was a producer at DICE for over 7 years. Also, Praetorian was at DICE as the lead designer on Modern Combat.

They should promote Wolf man
Worlf man why arne't applyign for that postion save the game

Or hell... Mintchip could could a better job

The Unholy Legion Of DarkStar
DARKSTAR ARMY
#82 Posted: 2013.07.23 10:52
Oh wow, see this is why i should read the forums and just avoid the minefield of twats because this is golden.

So, we can deduce that Dust514 is rudderless right now, this is why decisions arnt being made and progress is hidden and veiled because it is likely that without that single lead, nothing is really being approved.

CCP as a company have failed if they have allowed this lack of a leader to be the downfall of an entire product and as someone from exec leadership in a blue chip firm, i am gobsmacked they advertised it publicly. You shake the entire confidence of a products customer base by doing this.

GOBSMACKED

(pretty funny tho - wonder what it would pay (no im wholey unqualified for this) but would assume it would have to be around the $250,000 to $300,000 PA mark with package and options......

Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#83 Posted: 2013.07.23 11:13
CEOPyrex CloneA wrote:
Oh wow, see this is why i should read the forums and just avoid the minefield of twats because this is golden.

So, we can deduce that Dust514 is rudderless right now, this is why decisions arnt being made and progress is hidden and veiled because it is likely that without that single lead, nothing is really being approved.

CCP as a company have failed if they have allowed this lack of a leader to be the downfall of an entire product and as someone from exec leadership in a blue chip firm, i am gobsmacked they advertised it publicly. You shake the entire confidence of a products customer base by doing this.

GOBSMACKED

(pretty funny tho - wonder what it would pay (no im wholey unqualified for this) but would assume it would have to be around the $250,000 to $300,000 PA mark with package and options......

CCP does not pay as much as other competitors.
Options could be a house or apartment owned/paid through CCP, as well as a certain % of the year’s profit.

In fact the salary could be "smaller" because it's a profit deal salary, meaning that the major part of your salary is generated through the year’s profit of the game. High risk, high chances.

R.I.P. Dust514 02 May 2014

EVE United

The Unholy Legion Of DarkStar
DARKSTAR ARMY
#84 Posted: 2013.07.23 11:22
Nah , CCP are just a bunch of Icelandic dudes looking to make a few bucks and not a serious corporation.
If this game was handled by EA lets say, it would've been perhaps the best FPS of all time, cuz the concept and potential are there, but the execution is close to comical, and that just brakes my heart ;'(
Goonfeet
Special Planetary Emergency Response Group
#85 Posted: 2013.07.23 11:30
White Mortadela wrote:
Nah , CCP are just a bunch of Icelandic dudes looking to make a few bucks and not a serious corporation.
If this game was handled by EA lets say, it would've been perhaps the best FPS of all time, cuz the concept and potential are there, but the execution is close to comical, and that just brakes my heart ;'(

And then again it would die due to enormous microtransactions.

R.I.P. Dust514 02 May 2014

EVE United

Forty-Nine Fedayeen
Minmatar Republic
#86 Posted: 2013.07.23 11:42
I could apply for this!

However, I don't want to move to China for various reasons.
And I would want to be paid a decent amount of money to go there be frank with you.
And the games I've worked on have been cracking successes so this probably wouldn't float my boat.

I think I'll stick to what I'm doing.

You have a lot to answer for.

The Southern Legion
#87 Posted: 2013.07.23 11:43
Look, the situation is simple.

This should have been an instanced version of PLANETSIDE2 instead of a coin-op version of halo.

The lack of a real economy has kittened everything, including AURUM and planetary conquest.

History has shown gun game can be average if the economy works and in this case the economy needs to be a smooth integration of planetary ownership/community/AURUM/EVE integration.

If this existed I would probably still complain about the bad features in game but I would be doing it while online killing people with AURUM level gear and secretly enjoying myself.

Right now I just come for the XP and the hope it will someday get good, but I think I've lost faith that it will happen before I get hooked on something else.

What this means is Planetside2 will now beat them to the punch on PS4 and their community is going to dry up and move on.
Krullefor Organization
Minmatar Republic
#88 Posted: 2013.07.23 12:36
Sotapopthegrey gay wrote:
CCP you just need me and we make the game great.

Understanding my greatness, is key to making dust 514 great.

We have you, we have 4 of you and the game sux.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother

SyNergy Gaming
#89 Posted: 2013.07.23 13:15
Get the BF2142 dood.

And Blizinsky can jump down of a Cliff.

Costarrican Metal/SC2/Dota 2 junkie Twiterino frapuchino dongerino

Seituoda Taskforce Command
Caldari State
#90 Posted: 2013.07.23 16:17
meri jin wrote:
Abner Kalen wrote:
So I guess this thread implies that Brandon Laurino is no longer EP for Dust? Is he still at CCP? I can't find any press on this.

We don't know, Blam! is missing to.

Sorry if I don't know this, who's Blam!? There's alot of speculation but what causes someone to go "missing"? All of CCP goes missing during the 3 months of summer (lazy Europeans and their 3-month vacations... Twisted), but either this job listing is looking for a "second" EP or they have a vacancy. You never post for a job that's already filled and it's never wise to keep a dead-man-walking around as they might do something to sabotage the project.
Rise Of Old Dudes
#91 Posted: 2013.07.23 16:22
Does CCP operate on some timeline that is 2 months behind the rest of us?

PSN: The_Rynoceros

Console Master Race

#92 Posted: 2013.07.23 16:50
Abner Kalen wrote:
meri jin wrote:
Abner Kalen wrote:
So I guess this thread implies that Brandon Laurino is no longer EP for Dust? Is he still at CCP? I can't find any press on this.

We don't know, Blam! is missing to.

Sorry if I don't know this, who's Blam!? There's alot of speculation but what causes someone to go "missing"? All of CCP goes missing during the 3 months of summer (lazy Europeans and their 3-month vacations... Twisted), but either this job listing is looking for a "second" EP or they have a vacancy. You never post for a job that's already filled and it's never wise to keep a dead-man-walking around as they might do something to sabotage the project.

SteelDark Knight wrote:
With the many threads regarding certain balance issues that have gone unanswered over the past few months and the recent rumors regarding certain staff members at CCP I decided to do a bit of research to see if those rumors may be correct.

All information is available online should one chose to look through a variety of social networking sites. I can give you the start:

Gaming with DaOpa

Other than that I will let those whom are interested in this matter do the rest of the footwork and come to their own conclusions. It is not my place to declare anything in regards to people’s status. Let’s keep in mind that this is a game but that there are people in the “real world” whom depend on this project for their livelihood and I for one am not one to make light of that fact.

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1089033#post1089033

TL;DR (Too Lazy Did Not Research)

CCP Blam is the Vehicle Dev, you know the guy who has messed up the balance of the entire game. Blink

Golden Joysticks 2013 Game of the Year Grand Theft Auto V

Bullet Cluster
#93 Posted: 2013.07.24 01:11  |  Edited by: Volgair
White Mortadela wrote:

EA is the abusive corporate overlord of mass produced-narrow minded-vomit. I would rather see DUST fail as a somewhat unique game then to attempt emulation of an Electronic Arts product...

For comparison, lets look at what DUST is and why its different. It is an FPS MMO with a Science fiction Theme tied into a unique established intellectual property known as EVE. The way it differs from most other shooters is, that it is a slow building game where players must spend weeks improving them selves to become ideal in any roll. Where as most games adhere to pleasing those in favor of instant gratification, and typically relegate advancement through time invested to novelty changes. From what I have experienced the latter leads to terrible self serving, short sighted player base. in this senseI think CCP is on the right course in terms of pacing advancement.

Where DUST has truly failed however, is to provide unique aspects of game play to fill a niche. Something that CCP did fairly well with EVE. As an example DUST has no meta game around supplying war (market, industry, logistics) and nothing in match such as a real time strategy element to add an extra layer of depth to engagement. Additionally the scale of failure in the event of loss in terms of assets are to small to be of concern for more then the player loosing them. (There are no Supercaps in DUST) The reason why it is failing is because it gives nothing that other games in the genre do not already do extremely well, in the sense that this game is competing as a fairly run of the mill lobby shooter. (I hate to consider DUST a lobby shooter but that is all it is at the moment.) For CCP to correct this short coming it needs to offer more then its competitors not compete with them head on when they have a crushing market share.

A new EP might be a step in the right direction.

TL:DR? EA is an awful company for equally terrible people. The reason DUST is failing, is due to CCP trying to take the saturated market head on instead of truly innovating, or setting itself apart to fill a niche.

"Paper is OP, scissor's are fine." -Rock

Imperfects
Negative-Feedback
#94 Posted: 2013.07.24 02:12
meri jin wrote:
Noc Tempre wrote:
First question they have to fix, is this an skill-FPS or an RPG? It can't be both so which one is the "core"?

Yes it can!

No. No it can't....
Random Gunz
#95 Posted: 2013.07.24 02:17
Well, whats the worse thing that can happend?
That the new EP ruins the game? But isnt everyone saying that its **** already? that it has not Future? that is dead?
Then why fear?
This is the best thing that could have happened to Dust

This can only mean, that the thing will get better. Maybe the EP was an obstacle, maybe he is one of the reasons why CCP
has been listening to all those who want to see this game like COD
and have changed Innovative and unique features (heavies being like mini tanks for example)

I think, that things will change from now on, that they will be always better.

Many say that we are at "the bottom", so now the only thing we can do is go up

Dust Player Since: July 2012

Pro Python Pilot!

Buying Plenty of BPOs

Doomheim
#96 Posted: 2013.07.24 02:55
Surt gods end wrote:
Next Dust will turn into ashes before it becomes anything else.

and if any bird pops up, it won't be a phoenix, but a confused quail.

Why do we lads stay on this sinking ship, even if we have stopped playing or play only on very rare occasion?

well some one has to play the fiddle. come on boys, the band must play!

*plays the fiddle*

and play we shall

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

GalHeav E-vo

C C P
C C P Alliance
#97 Posted: 2013.07.25 16:37
As many of you have seen, we are hiring a new Executive Producer for DUST 514. The job listing that was referenced in the initial comment on this thread was taken down because it had some grammatical errors, and when those are fixed it will be reposted. We have several great leads on candidates for the position and hope to be able to share good news with you soon.
#98 Posted: 2013.07.25 16:41
CCP Navigator wrote:
As many of you have seen, we are hiring a new Executive Producer for DUST 514. The job listing that was referenced in the initial comment on this thread was taken down because it had some grammatical errors, and when those are fixed it will be reposted. We have several great leads on candidates for the position and hope to be able to share good news with you soon.

You mean errors like, " Prodcer ". Blink

Golden Joysticks 2013 Game of the Year Grand Theft Auto V

Sanguis Defense Syndicate
#99 Posted: 2013.07.25 16:42
CCP Navigator wrote:

I hope so too. Hopefully this new Guy/Lady will put Dust on the right track.
Den of Swords
#100 Posted: 2013.07.25 22:44
Alucard Fang wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:

I hope so too. Hopefully this new Guy/Lady will put Dust on the right track.

I look forward to having meetings with the new person and I hope they will welcome a discussion with the council.

Former CPM 0, CPM 1

Omni-Soldier, Forum Warrior